SONITROL SECURITY Employee Reviews

production
Central Station Operator (Former Employee) –  nyOctober 18, 2017
Operate multiple cameras and monitors. Set up film equipment including cameras, monitors, and microphones. Transport camera equipment. Film live dance shows and rehersals to be sold on DVD. Film rehearsals for dance instructors. Provide quality footage for dance schools including Temple Terrace Dance and USF Dance. Occasionally asked to film private parties, reunions, and other special events. Position is seasonal and recurrent.
Cutthroat environment, low pay, no shortage of favoritism, but there is a strong sense of comradery between the co-workers that you get along with
Central Station Operator (Current Employee) –  Greater RichmondOctober 9, 2017
Overall, for an entry level job, it's not bad. There is always no shortage of racial and gender discrimination from the supervisor, the owners act like they are saints for ALLOWING you to even be paid to work for their franchise.
Pros
You don't have to clock out to have lunch or bathroom breaks
Cons
They operate 24x7x365 so you will have to work at least some holidays. Poor pay, poor benefits, poor management, workplace drama, favoritism, plenty of racial and gender discrimination from the manager.
Great place for employment
FIELD TECNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 19, 2017
Sonitrol has been nothing but great to me. Management is very down to earth and take the time to get to know each employee. Everyone has a personal life and they respect that. They are very understanding and will work with you no matter the situation.
Pros
Take home company vehicle
Cons
Mandatory on call
Challenging, rewarding
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 3, 2017
Security industry is very competitive and can be very rewarding. The environment allows you to learn on the go and obtain training through channel partners.
decent benefits, pay and work environment are terrible
Central Station Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 27, 2017
A typical day for a central station dispatcher:

You clock in, you sit down, sometimes for more than 12 hours... with no breaks or lunch. Criminally understaffed, hilariously managed.

Run away as fast as you can. Things may have changed since I worked there, but I highly doubt it.
benefits
Cons
everything else
nice place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 11, 2017
very nice job to work if you stay focused on your job duties. Have great training for new hires. Great job that will teach computer skills and data entry
Buffalo Branch
Security Installer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 3, 2017
This was the best place I have ever worked for. Can't say enough about the owners and the staff that work there. They push you to be the best and take care of you! I regret leaving there!
Pros
Respected and treated like a equal
Cons
It gets cold in Buffalo dress warm
Long hours but great fellow employees
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 5, 2017
Typical day starts at 6:45 am and ended 2:45 pm. Basically non stop phone calls trouble shooting alarm system problems or writing service requests. Also in between customer calls helping Service Technicians and Service Technicians by reviewing past daily activity on accounts to help decide where the program error or broken device maybe located for repair.
Pros
Fast pace, good employees, great customers
Cons
Super angry customers with service issues that can't be solved over the phone
Sonitrol Security
Business Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Working in Sonitrol Security has helped me learned to be more aware of my Business to Business skills. My team is wonderful to work with it, but the work expectations are high. I need generate my own leads, and and set 10 appointments a week. Overall my compay experience was not satisfying, but the people are nice.
Pros
Nice people
This place is just ok..
Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Good company, Strong leadership, Good training, Good Technology, and resources.

-Bad comp plan for experienced sales people
-Bad work life balance culture
-Unrealistic rates for competitive marketplace (small and medium business)
-No marketing spent in marketplace to engage incoming business,
-LOW base salary SLOW business cycle
Pros
proprietary technology
Cons
compensation
They do not exist any longer, acquired by Stanley Works since I was employed
Security System Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 20, 2016
I had a good time working there. They allowed me to pursue my hobbies and also my part time job as an educator for the state.
Fun work
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  NyOctober 10, 2016
Good company fun stuff to learn great hands on training. Nice clean shop organized tools hardware ect set schedule every day great company to work for
Pros
Fun work
Cons
No cons
Not reaaly interested
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2016
No breaks or lunches but opportunity for a career. Co workers seems miserable and management often ignore important issue. I wasn't very happy working here.
O M G - not what was in reality
Alarm Monitor & Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 15, 2016
1. management/ownership could care less

2. supervisor very unprofessional

3. techs are so judgemental and jerks

4. co-workers have been around for years and are stuck in the job and have had little compensation growth, and nothing much else other than this is your job, this is your pay, no benefits, take it or hit the door - poor work environment

5. constant air of mistrust and resentment or tension.

6. little to no training in the industry but is an ENTRY level job
Pros
close to work
Cons
everything except location
Constuctional and Infrustural Job
Field Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 12, 2016
They Have a good environment and a good team members we are trained to be a field technician and do our tasks on our own and they providing safety trainings every twice a week.
doesnt work with my life
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 6, 2016
I am only offered third shift, and I have two young children who need me at night since i am a single mom. they don't offer me much change
Enjoyable work atmosphere
Data Entry/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTNovember 3, 2015
This employment was one in which I believed I cold maintain long term. There became no chance for building as the company because to reduce in size due to financial difficulties. Upon my departure, the company began to reduce full-time staff to part-time staff and laying off individuals due to work availability.
Close Family Business
Senior Security Operator (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 12, 2015
Since this was a family owned business, we got to know each other well. This helped me to do better on the job.

The workplace environment was great. A very happy place to work. I really liked this job and the owners.

Your ears were to determine what was environmental and what was an actual break in . Once you've learned that, it really became easy.
Pros
People were great
Cons
tough training, but worth it.
A great company with a bright future
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 14, 2015
The owner of the business has his finger on the pulse of it's customer base as well as it's employee. It's a great place to work and has a friendly yet very professional atmosphere.
Bad culture here....
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CaMarch 3, 2015
Bad management, bad equipment, bad pay.... That's what's called the triple threat. There is a lot of potential for this company but not under the current management. There are a lot of senior managers here who have long since mailed it in daily and the top brass seems ok with that
Pros
Nice fridge in the break room
Cons
Bad management & bad pay
Official response from SONITROL SECURITY
August 21, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to express your views. It is our desire to be an Employer who treats all their employees with respect and dignity. It is true that working as a Dispatch Operator can be stressful at times. We will together address your concerns and endeavor to be an Employer known for taking care of their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SONITROL SECURITY. Our community is ready to answer.