SONITROL SECURITY Employee Reviews in United States

Worst experience
Customer Service  (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 21, 2013
I worked for this company for a total of 91 days. I was told I was "not a good fit," without any further explanation. This company is being ran into the ground by current management. My supervisor - who was the vice president of the company - was hardly ever in the office and would refuse to answer my emails or calls, I also would not get any help from the one other employee in the office.
Sonitrol is not a business that will be around in a few years. Currently they do not pay your mileage checks when they are due, and they are not helpful with training with new employees.
In the short time I worked there they had over 5 employees quit on the spot.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Expensive benefits, poor management, lack of structure.

Comment – August 21, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to express your feelings regarding your Introductory Period at our Fresno operations. As you are probably aware, our VP who serves as the GM for our Fresno operations is also in charge of our Stockton & Modesto operations as well. This may help explain why he was not in his Fresno office each day. He normally reaches out to his staff on a regular basis, so I am surprised to hear of a lack of communication. Also, I know that our Accounting Department is timely in getting out all reimbursements. Maybe you were unaware that when we hire a new CSR, their reimbursement does not start until they have been working a month, because they are in training and not driving their own vehicles. I have been a part of the company, working in HR since 2012 and do not remember a time when 5 employees quit on the spot. I am truly sorry that your experience as a new CSR didn't fly. It is my hope that you have found a job that makes you happy. HR Manager, Kimberlite Corporation/SONITROL

Enjoyable and rewarding place to work
Dispatch Operator (Current Employee) –  FresnoJuly 18, 2013
I am still considered a new employee because I've only been with Sonitrol for a little over 1 year. I have been very happy with my job. I have learned that there are opportunities for advancement here because I have become acquainted with some of the upper management who started out in lesser jobs and have worked up to senior management. I hope to do the same. The hardest part of the job are some of the repetitious, boring paperwork and reports I have to do on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part is the people who work here. My co-workers are always very helpful and friendly, and my Manager is the best boss I've ever had. The management that I have the chance to be around all seem to do the best they can to be fair to their employees. They have a state of the art kitchen that we get to use on breaks and they keep different offerings of snacks, chips, drinks, and other food that we can purchase at a very low price on the honor system. I intend to stay with this company for a very long time.
Pros
thanksgiving and christmas bonuses, steady paycheck, benefits package, an awesome kitchen, the snack shack
Cons
required to keep a good driving record, no wellness program (i need incentive to exercise)
Enjoyable work atmosphere
Data Entry/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTNovember 3, 2015
This employment was one in which I believed I cold maintain long term. There became no chance for building as the company because to reduce in size due to financial difficulties. Upon my departure, the company began to reduce full-time staff to part-time staff and laying off individuals due to work availability.
Close Family Business
Senior Security Operator (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 12, 2015
Since this was a family owned business, we got to know each other well. This helped me to do better on the job.

The workplace environment was great. A very happy place to work. I really liked this job and the owners.

Your ears were to determine what was environmental and what was an actual break in . Once you've learned that, it really became easy.
Pros
People were great
Cons
tough training, but worth it.
Very different and challenging!
Security Alarm Installer (Former Employee) –  San JoseMarch 8, 2012
I enjoyed working here since it let me test my capacity to take on something new and challenge my knowledge in all aspects of work.the only set back was that it was very low pay but the experience I gained was priceless.
Pros
good benefits, good staff
Cons
low pay
A great company with a bright future
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 14, 2015
The owner of the business has his finger on the pulse of it's customer base as well as it's employee. It's a great place to work and has a friendly yet very professional atmosphere.
This company was horrible to work for, we parted on bad terms
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 24, 2014
I was a customer service rep. In the first week 1 CSR went out on stress leave and the other went to sales, so I really didn't hhave training. I would have to go out to existing customers home or business and find out what the problems were and come back to the office and go through her paperwork and quotes to see what needs to be done. Then I would have to redo the quotes in my name, submit, and get company or home owner to sign. We looked like idiots trying to fix stuff. I found accounts that know one in the company has made an effort to go out and do a customer service visit in 10 years, 5 years and so on. It was crazy.
Pros
I got to work alone alot
Cons
I had little training and had a hard time getting my comission

Comment – August 21, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Training is a vital part of any new employee's orientation to their new job. It is disheartening to hear that your experience was so lacking. We have recently begun using a CSR Training Program created by one of our CSR Managers in the SF Bay Area. We believe the CSR training for new employees is currently going very well. HR Manager, Kimberlite Corporation/SONITROL

Bad culture here....
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CaMarch 3, 2015
Bad management, bad equipment, bad pay.... That's what's called the triple threat. There is a lot of potential for this company but not under the current management. There are a lot of senior managers here who have long since mailed it in daily and the top brass seems ok with that
Pros
Nice fridge in the break room
Cons
Bad management & bad pay

Comment – August 21, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to express your views. It is our desire to be an Employer who treats all their employees with respect and dignity. It is true that working as a Dispatch Operator can be stressful at times. We will together address your concerns and endeavor to be an Employer known for taking care of their employees.

Fast Past Enivroment
Senior Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2014
When we switch shifts for the day I log into two different programs to receive alarms. I monitor burglar and fire as well as CCTV. I answer phones with any calls coming in from techs in the field to customers calling in about alarms. At the same time I am dispatching, replying to emails, writing service orders and running reports. We have three different monitoring stations that each operator runs and with my help we manage ourselves unless questions come along. The most enjoyable part of my job is that it is a lot of multi-tasking and never the same. I enjoy this because I never have a dull moment and I'm constantly busy. The manager just oversees reports, service orders written correctly and any customer service issues if they were to get escalated. I have learned so much by training myself on the system during down time and also cross training in different departments.
Pros
team work
Cons
short breaks
This company is a top class company!
Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 31, 2013
Between management and personnel this is a good company to work for in the field of home community. Whether as an installer or working as a dispatcher I found the people and management more than accommodating in making sure the right people are prepared to face the challenges of dealing with customers and their various needs with their product.
Pros
management supporting their workers, kitchen area fully stocked, and good communications with management.
Cons
training may work for some, not for others.
Too much turn over ratio of installers
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2015
The Service Techs and Staff are great to work with but the upper management do have some issues to work out in order to retain good quality employees.
Pros
emphasis on training
Cons
should of never put my family in this situation
alarm monitoring is an opportunity to protect peoples lives and property.
Alarm Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXMay 19, 2012
Its a job you look forward to everyday, you never know what can happen or you you may help and protect from day to day. Management and co workers are great, everyone works as a team towards the same goal, protecting people and catching bad guys
Pros
making a difference, protecting people
Cons
most of the time is very calm, but you have to be ready to react quickly
Residential and Business Alarms Monitored
Security Monitor / Operator (Former Employee) –  Crossville, TNFebruary 16, 2014
Monitored alarm systems installed in business and residential areas. Recorded all activity and notified police or fire departments when needed. Answered after hour calls for several businesses including electric and water companies.
Pros
limited supervision required
Cons
third shift position / low pay
A great job
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 26, 2014
I service burglary alarm systems, fire systems, access control systems, as well as test and inspect fire alarm equipment (such as PIV's, smoke det, panels, etc.)
Was great place to work
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 5, 2012
This was a great place. Great co-workers and customers. Short staffed at times but it made the day go by faster.
Pros
co-workers and customers
Cons
short breaks, health care
start
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 16, 2013
I work night shift
confidence
fair
nice
fairly easy job
working with the clients
Pros
good health care
Great company
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2013
Excellent work environment. Great core values!
Sales training provided.
Pros
flexible dependable
n/a
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 30, 2013
The company was ok to work for not to much growth. More downs then ups.