Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ Employee Reviews

Waitressing
Waitress (Former Employee), Covington GaJune 17, 2015
I really didn't like the tips there. The people were really nice though. I'm just not used to doing so much work for so little pay.
LOVED MY SOUTHERN FOLKS
Cashier (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJune 13, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals, Tips
I was a cashier and some jobs was in charge of drive thru, front cash which includes take-out, hostess, salad bar. I loved working at Sonny's we received tips and get to keep them. Now they started this new things where we have to claim our tips. They used to didn't make cashier claim tips but its whatever. We get 50% off meals and the environment is so chill and laid back.
great community and satisfying job
SERVER - CASHIER (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 12, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is to see my guests happy when they are there and when they leave. The food business is hard especially for the servers. Working at sonny's has given me a new perspective of customer service. Its taught me to appreciate all kind words and genuine people, also my work ethic has grown tremendously over the years. A typical day at sonny's is pretty busy. We have maybe – more... a pretty good crew there to help get us through the hustle and bustle and have had many good people come and go. Our regulars are the best and they are very interesting people, our customer base is pretty diverse. Everybody loves good BBQ. We are all like family which is kind of the hardest part. Our management is pretty diverse in their way of leading which is what we need. Our crew is very different and we all have a manager that fits us best. – less
fast pace work environment with great tips
Waitress (Former Employee), pensacola, flMay 30, 2015
Pros: tips!
Cons: no room for growth
clock in and start taking tables, i learned great customer service skills and how to manage time. Staying calm and being attentive was a must when working there i just for better at those both, understanding others needs.
AWESOME JOB
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 27, 2015
Great environment its in a great area. Awesome benefits, amazing staff, flexible with scheduling especially if you a student.
Reserved yet fun work environment
Server (Current Employee), Athens, GAMay 15, 2015
Pros: wholeness
Cons: limited hours
Mannerism is a must working in the service industry. Along with patience, in which I have learned and gained a greater amount of patience working as a server. Everyday is a new day, which means a new start if the previous day wasn't all that great. I love my co-workers. Each and everyone of them are outstanding people in general and to work with. I think highly of all of the managers there. They have always been there for me in any time of need. Especially when I'm doubting myself. They always want to see each and everyone of their employees strive and succeed in greatness.
Extremely well managed and productive work enviornment
Server (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 13, 2015
Serve guests to the best of my ability. Strive to create and enjoyable atmosphere for guests and co-workers alike. Remain calm and focused under highly stressful situations when many people are counting on you all at once.
fun place to work
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), Cape Coral, FLMay 7, 2015
coming in greeting customers, seating patrons in section order being friendly welcoming, putting the customers needs and wants first and giving them a first class dining experience,
productive and fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Starke, FLApril 21, 2015
Sonnys is a like a great day going out with friends. Everyone there are the best of friends! I've learned how to use a terminal as well as be the best person I can be. Managers there are awesome, as well as co-workers. There's no hard part about the job. The most enjoyable part is getting to meet new people everyday and getting to work with people you love.
A great place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), jacksonville, FLMarch 19, 2015
A typical day at sonny's bbq is filled with joy and fun. We provide customers with an amazing great experience from the hospitality to the food. It's like one big family sometimes there are disagreements but at the end of the day we are all in this for each other and our customers. The most difficult part about working here or anywhere is when there is an unhappy customer that you just can't satisfy. I always loved seeing people leave with full bellys and happy smiles.
Productive and fun workplace
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLMarch 9, 2015
Pros: scheduling, great pay, breaks.
Cons: no benifits.
Great employer. Good scheduling. Good pay. Outgoing and fun co-workers. Managers always worked with school and life balance. I enjoyed working for Sonny's.
Good Stepping Stone
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Viera, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Some of the employees had bad attitudes not really fun to be around the management was alright they would help you when you really needed it.
Server/ bartender
Lead Server (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLFebruary 18, 2015
I served people food and drinks while working long hours to make an income. It was the hardest job for dealing with people but the pay was great.
Good place
Manager (Former Employee), sun city, FloridaFebruary 12, 2015
Serving was always a passion o mine helping others, i loved serving and managing tjhe front of the house. server and co workers were great to work with.
A fun, and casual work place that treat everyone like family
Manager (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great food and advancement opportunity, achievable bonus program
Cons: excessive work politics and a lack of solid human resource department
A typical day includes planning for shift, successful communication between managers and staff, assigning and meeting daily goals, observing health department related rules and regulations, ensure and enforce product safety guidelines, interviewing- training staff as necessary, interacting with guest and staff through out the day, cash control, food preparation, and controlling of other financials like labor cost and food cost, conducting inventory as necessary, and finally- dealing with vendors and ordering of necessary products.
fun job
Server/Cook (Former Employee), Brandon, FLDecember 24, 2014
this job was ok for part time job while doing my college education.
Fun place to work, great people, great opportunities and a strong family bond throughout the establishment.
Server, Cashier, Take-Out (Current Employee), Alachua, FLDecember 2, 2014
My job at Sonny's BBQ consists, everyday, of working together. Whether its co-workers, managers, or guests, my place is to balance every need and ensure the happiness of the entire restaurant. By doing this, my team and I are able to sustain an outstanding work environment where we feel free to communicate with each other and there are no problems when it comes to fixing any issues that may occur during the day. The hardest part of my job is delivering bad news. The smallest thing can alter a guest's visit, and sometimes those things are out of our control. However, the best part is when I can make a real connection with a guest and they come back as a new friend.
Wonderfully staffed with employment who does not fear labor.
Cook (Current Employee), 1380 E. Boone Avenue, Kingsland, GA 31548November 17, 2014
I came to Sonny's after my time with Zaxbys and fell in love with the organizational culture shortly afterwards. The cooks were great and the servers were wonderful, management worked hard and showed nothing but compassion for their employees. They accommodated my schedule accordingly and gladly rearranged any mishaps that may have occurred. I gladly encourage anybody who may be interested in working at Sonny's to apply as long as they are capable of carrying their fair share with a positive attitude.
Best BBQ in town and tons of history
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Sanford flOctober 30, 2014
Pros: smell good bbq
Cons: not enough money for managers
Loved going in doing what i love grilling and smoking up food with plenty of guest and great experiences
great managers
crew (Current Employee), Ocala, FLOctober 25, 2014
I really enjoy working here. the managers are very friendly and will work with you instead of just watching over you, the crew or coworkers are very friendly as well and great to work with.

1 2 3 4 5