Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ Employer Reviews

job details
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Just like working at any restaurant. Customers are difficult, but you will be able to survive if you maintain a positive attitude.
Work and eat in ease
Restaurant manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, flSeptember 19, 2014
Sonny's BBQ are mostly franchises. The work experience can vary to to owner of each franchise. In Jacksonville, the restaurants have an fair work enviroment and fair working conditions for the type of business it portrays. Most employees stay a long time and turn over is very low.
Fun and exciting workplace
Server (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: free food, meeting new people every day
Cons: not enough money
A typical day includes greeting and seating patrons, taking drink and food orders, delivering food, and cashing out customers. I learned how to be outspoken and entertaining and how to handle pressure as I often had several tables to serve at one time. Management was awesome, wiling to pitch in and help out wherever needed. The hardest part of the job – more... was the lack of advacement and difficult customers. Coworkers were full of life and willing to work as a team when needed. The entire experience was enjoyable but the monetary means wasn't meeting my expectations. – less
Fun workplace, loved working with the employees and guests.
Cashier/Waitress (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 21, 2014
Loved greeting and catering to the guest whether they were a regular or new. Ive learned that the customers come FIRST before anything. Knowing that the customers left happy/satisfied and you were apart of it makes it an even better job.
Great Atmosphere
Server/Cashier/ Hostess (Former Employee), Leesburg, FLAugust 13, 2014
The people I work with made this job, some where cut throat, but enjoyed what I did. server beverages and food to the guest.
Very good food and a relaxing enviorment
Waiter/ Cashier (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: 1/2 off of meals
Cons: n/a
A typical day of work consist of easy work.

What I learned at Sonny's is that BBQ is not all ribs. You can actually enjoy working instead of just being serious all the time.

Management was awesome they where there if you needed to talk to them about anything and it'll stay confidential.

My Co-workers where awesome. Everyone got along very well and – more... actually acted like family.

The hardest part of the day was when you grabbed the wrong food. and had to have a remake.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you didn't have to worry or stress yourself about drama within the job – less
Sonnys
Waitress/ Cater (Current Employee), Starke, FLJuly 16, 2014
Fast paced energetic atmosphere, very social, make good money
Very fast paced environment
Server (Current Employee), 15412 N. Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa FL, 33618July 8, 2014
Pros: working as a "team."
Cons: short shifts and early cuts
Busy environment. Managers are great. Food is fantastic and the teamwork is epic. They have a great system there. Everyone helps everyone else out. The managers are helpful and understanding, and try to push you to become a better server and work on your "weaknesses," without being critical. They step in and help.
The most enjoyable part of the job – more... is meeting people, interacting, and presenting an environment, great food and a service that they want to come back to. – less
Fun workplace for interaction
Server (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2014
Great workplace to be able to diffuse problems and balance a fast packed environment
productive day at Sonny's BBQ
Cashier, Server, trainer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 25, 2014
Pros: half of food, nice customers, management, employees
Cons: rude customers, no buss boys
Sonny's BBQ was my first real job because I used to clean houses with my mom, she had her own business. But I loved working at sonny's I worked their for two years I learned so much. I learned how to work the computer system which is where we would submit the customers order. I learned how to run my own cashier and manage take-out at the same time so – more... I would have to multitask. I was trained to train new employees when they were hired, you could say I am very responsible person. I enjoy working with customers and making them happy. The management at Sonny's was great they always kept us informed about specials going on so we could tell our customers. We had a team meeting everyday before our shift to know what's going on, specials coming up, what are goal is today. the management always listened to our ideas/plan we had, they were great. co-workers were awesome as well we all had like a family bond towards each other, and if someone would slack off we were always there to motivate each other. The hardest part of the job was the clean up, we had monthly cleaning charts plus the closing cleaning which was exhausting. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with other employees and the great and interesting customers. A typical day at Sonny's is to always prep the food in the morning and evening. Always greet a customer saying 'Hello Welcome to Sonny's". Write down the customers order and putting it in to the computer system for the cooks. Giving the customer a great experience. and always check on your customer, and make sure they enjoyed their stay at Sonny's. – less
A great place to be
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJune 21, 2014
I love the experience. I love the people. I love the co workers. I love the management.
Was fun, but management was unreliable
Food Server (Former Employee), Royal Palm Beach, FLJune 20, 2014
Loved the fast pace server life, but one of the managers drank during the shift and would cause a scene a time or two. Restaurant is closed and building turned down, but was a good place to work, considering.
Management very flexible well run store
Server/Bartender/Cashier (Current Employee), New Port Richey, FLJune 12, 2014
Pros: flexible easy going
Cons: no benefits, over staffed
I usually work double shift, open the restaurant and get everything set up for the day, cleaning project of the day, ensure other employees stay on task with running side-work and guest satisfaction. Management is overall very nice and helpful. Co-workers for the most part are a team, the hardest part of the job is ensuring even the most particular – more... guest leaves happy. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and creating new relationships with guests that become regular customers, being able to talk and interact with people face to face. – less
Great place to work!! Teamwork was awesome!
Server (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 5, 2014
Pros: free meal per shift, free ham or turkey at christmas or thanksgiving for every year you've been employed.
Cons: no consistancy with write-ups between different employees
This was an awesome place to work. Staff worked well together, we were like a family. Teamwork was big, but management was never really consistent. (Example: one employee would be written up for the same thing another employee did without consequence).
High paced fun work place
Server (Former Employee), Athens, GAMay 26, 2014
I learned to serve tables at Sonny's BBQ and it was a very enjoyable experience.
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Server (Former Employee), Anniston, ALApril 23, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and helping meet their needs
Cons: not getting good tips
A typical work day would be getting everything ready to function. Setting everything up as far as the drink stations and server menus and food stations. I learned patience here and how to meet everyone's needs. The management was very good at this workplace, and the co-workers were very helpful in every way and we all worked together and made sure everyone's – more... needs were met. There really wasn't a hard part about this job, when it got busy would be the hardest part and even then it wasn't hard, The most enjoyable part is when I met new people and helped bring smiles to all of them. – less
Relaxed and fun place to work
Cook/Trainer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Relaxed atmosphere with hard working employee's. We strive to give the guess the best experience to barbecue. A typical day would consist of smiling faces and good food. We love to see the smile on our customers faces and get the best satisfaction when their food and service is up to par.
Real good BBQ
server and hostess (Former Employee), Sun City, FLJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: wasn't steady income
I first started at Sonny's as a hostess, then became a server. I took customers food and drink orders, brought them their food, and cleared their table off when they were done. I learned how to multi task with this job. The hardest part of this job was if it was very busy, forgetting something.
I liked working there but my co work's were weeding me out
Salad bar attendant (Former Employee), Starke, FLJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: i was home before 11:00 every night
Cons: had to heir all kind's of insult all day by co workers
I had few problem's a few of my co worker's there because they doing thing's they shouldn't be doing (some were dealling drug's out the back behind the bosses back) so they did anything they to take apart my credablity there.
Fast paced with friendly coworkers
server (Former Employee), FLJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: making people happy
Cons: working on my feet all day
Sonny's is a BBQ restaurant so our food was generally already cooked. The food came out quickly as long as the kitchen wasn't too busy. For the most part Sonny's was a fun place to work. My coworkers were probably the best part of coming to work, next to the guests. The hardest part of the job was not being able to please some of the guests.

1 2 3 4