Sonoco Products Employee Reviews

N/a
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Akron, INSeptember 13, 2016
good company with a ton of rules to follow. some of the work don't let you take a break or lunch at times other times you can. supervision is very young
Unlimited
Warehouse Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Waynesville, NCAugust 31, 2016
This is the best description for Sonoco as a whole. 300+ plants and you can move within. Excellent benefits, excellent culture, great operations management group.
Pros
Development Support
Cons
Not located in every city in America
great job i hate its leaving
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INJuly 13, 2016
Its been a good place to work for a lot of years hate to see it go. also a place that cares a great deal for safety and helping others.
good pay
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 18, 2016
Great co-workers, everyone is helpful and easy to get along with. great benefits that starts the 1st day of the first month after your hired.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts
Productive but not safety based as they say
WINDE HELPER (Former Employee) –  Newport, TNMarch 16, 2016
12 Hours of fast paced labor never knowing what the day had in store for you friendly coworkers not respected as employees the heat in the summertime is a killer
Pros
GOOD MONEY TIME OFF
Cons
LUCKY TO GET BREAKS, HEAT, SAFETY
It was a great company to work for at first, but over the years after managment changes and cut backs, the company became more about them.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Elon, NCMarch 14, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of answering stress calls to production lines and solving any issues they might be having. Performing preventive maintenance on lines that were not in operation. working on safety projects or modifications to existing equipment. I gained strong troubleshooting and repair skills during my employment. My co-workers were very good people to work with. Management was over-all okay to work with. I think lack of communication was the main issue. The hardest part was troubleshooting equipment and resolving any issues found. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was able to solve and repair an issue on the manufacturing equipment.
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 16, 2016
I liked working at circle K. It was a fun work environment and good opportunity for progress and improvements. I advanced to a highwer position within qa yr.
weird schedule
Quality Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartsville, SCFebruary 5, 2016
Weird schedule. I wouldn't recommend to this job to a friend or family member especially if they have family. Job takes away a lot of time from ones family.
Very producttive and fun filled atompshere
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 22, 2015
I managed a crew of my own. Conducted safety seminars and worked very closely with my team. The hardest part of my job was any time I had to deliver any bad news to my employees. The most enjoyable moments were the days I was a great motivator to my team.
Productive Management Team
Manual Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Boone, IASeptember 14, 2015
Safety oriented company with productivity and quality at its core. Spending long hours a close knit working family made the days fly by. The daily tasks can get repetitive buts that's to be expected in a manufacturing career field.
Pros
Good Coworkers
Cons
No set schedule

Want to know more about Sonoco Products?

Ask a question
Well paying career at a cost
Palletizer Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2015
You will make excellent money, great job for a single person. This job can be rough on families, depending on the culture of the family.
Poorly managed company
Machine Operator/SS3 (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJuly 22, 2015
Everything at Sonoco is based on years of service not on ability. So as long as you work there as an A employee you can be passed by for promotion by an C employee. The "Managers" there have to call HQ for rulings and what to do's they don't have the ability to form own opinions or think for themselves. Very strange management techniques IMO
Different Experience
Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 13, 2015
Being an intern is different that being in a real management position but it give you a lot of exposure. My plant is a 12 hour shift plant but there are 8 hour plants but the 12 hours do give you more days off.
Very hard work
Section Leader, Quality Tech, and Operator/Set-Up (Former Employee) –  Hartselle, AlJune 14, 2015
The job as a Quality Tech was very fulfilling. I worked with numbers and used Microsoft Excel everyday. I also had a weekly meeting with management to discuss areas that we needed to improve on and the areas that we improved on.
Pros
A day off with pay for going a year without a lost time accident
Cons
short breaks and the plant was very hot in summer and cold in winter
highly skilled atmosphere
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Devens, MA.June 14, 2015
The management staff at Sonoco was always willing to listen to problems and solutions. the employees were always engaged in solving problems and helping each other out.
Pros
education opportunity was great
Cons
Sonoco Products is a good place to work.
Director Operating Excellence, Global LSS Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartsville, SCMarch 2, 2015
Sonoco products is good place to work. Sonoco products is based in a small town in South Carolina. Sonoco products is a packaging company.
Process Control Auditor/Lead (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJanuary 31, 2015
I saw the schedule to see what we were going to do, if i have material to completed the order, if we will have a changeover. i sent the material that each machines will need,and i had to do quality and safety audit. The management were always helping me to run the production floor with my supervisor.
My co-workers were friendly and they knew what to do and that make the job easy. the hardest part of the job were when we run out of material and my supervisor told me that we have to send the people home. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you boss told you Great job.
Pros
good benefic
Cons
health insurance
Best work place to work.
Process Control Auditor (Former Employee) –  Andover, MADecember 26, 2014
Lots of Productive packaging material high tech machine,and good a place to work and safety.

make sure machine had all material.to complete orders,safety meeting before start and complete crew.
How to work like team work.
Very profesionals.
Very hard workes.
drive one hr.
Love my job
Multiple task job, audits, quality, safety, team work and inventory control
Process Control Auditor/Lead (Former Employee) –  Andover, MADecember 4, 2014
Conduct product audits, process quality audits, record and report results, reconcile inventory for all orders completed, release cycle counts for material, provide daily direction to line crew. Set appropriate priorities and meet deadlines, • Ensure employees and temporary works use required safety equipment and follow proper safety procedures.
Pros
work with different people
Cons
health insurance
Safety First
Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NJOctober 18, 2014
Sonoco's culture is overly focused on safety which can be a positive and negative.
Pros
coporated credit card
Cons
barely can use the card