Sonoco Products

Sonoco Products Employee Reviews

Process Control Auditor/Lead (Former Employee), Andover, MAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: good benefic
Cons: health insurance
I saw the schedule to see what we were going to do, if i have material to completed the order, if we will have a changeover. i sent the material that each machines will need,and i had to do quality and safety audit. The management were always helping me to run the production floor with my supervisor.
My co-workers were friendly and they knew what to do and that make the job easy. the hardest part of the job were when we run out of material and my supervisor told me that we have to send the people home. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you boss told you Great job.
Best work place to work.
Process Control Auditor (Former Employee), Andover, MADecember 26, 2014
Lots of Productive packaging material high tech machine,and good a place to work and safety.

make sure machine had all material.to complete orders,safety meeting before start and complete crew.
How to work like team work.
Very profesionals.
Very hard workes.
drive one hr.
Love my job
Multiple task job, audits, quality, safety, team work and inventory control
Process Control Auditor/Lead (Former Employee), Andover, MADecember 4, 2014
Pros: work with different people
Cons: health insurance
Conduct product audits, process quality audits, record and report results, reconcile inventory for all orders completed, release cycle counts for material, provide daily direction to line crew. Set appropriate priorities and meet deadlines, • Ensure employees and temporary works use required safety equipment and follow proper safety procedures.
Safety First
Inventory Manager (Current Employee), Dayton, NJOctober 18, 2014
Pros: coporated credit card
Cons: barely can use the card
Sonoco's culture is overly focused on safety which can be a positive and negative.
Keeping secrets
Quality Coordinator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2014
Pros: the pay rate
Cons: don't tell you the whole truth
6 months after a promotion I am told that my position is no longer in the budget.
great place to work but the Chattanooga location closed
Quality Manager (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 12, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: closed
• Tasked to ensure integrity and effectiveness of the quality system.
• Effectively determine detailed policy for quality management.
• Responsible for attaining applicable policies/standards; conduct proposed changes to departmental procedures.
• Resolve all quality issues, oversee solution implementation, direct internal audits and facilitate corrective actions.
• Manage quality system annual reviews and administer all system activities covering relations with customers, suppliers, and outside authorities and regulating bodies.
• Spearhead effective technical training and development for all employees on quality related issues.
• Designated to represent plant on all quality system initiatives and problems; act as Shift Supervisor as needed.
• Initiate customer technical interactions, coordinate processes and raw material changes.
• Oversee attainment of supplier/raw material quality standards.
• Expand revenues/profitability through manufacturing process improvements.
• Coordinate with customers/suppliers to mitigate any/all non-compliance and related complaints.
• Ensure facility is in compliance with division standards and customer requirements.
• Perform gage R&R studies, develop manufacturing specifications in Agile quality reporting software, administer traceability systems and issue mock recalls.
• Provide advisement to senior management to reduce manufacturing costs and improve productivity.
• Monitor and update MSDS records, COAs and internal audits.
Inspection of materials for production.
Quality Auditor (Former Employee), Milesburg, PAApril 30, 2014
Pros: fair salary.
Cons: the changing 12 hour shifts and standing on concrete.
Worked in a dusty, noisy non-family environment.
I learned many computer skills, safety and task friendly duties.
Management was constantly changing, some helpful, some not.
Co-workers became part of your family due to the many hours spent together,
The hardest part of the job was the hours worked and standing on concrete in steel toed shoes,
The most enjoyable part of the job was the tools used to analyze material issues.
forktruck
Finishing Specialist (Current Employee), Clifton Forge, VAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: have to use
Cons: broke down alot
the truck is use everyday for load and unloading carts mostly for scrap box
Good company dedicated to safety and quality
Line Operator (Current Employee), Greenville, wiMarch 1, 2014
Pros: good benefits, dedicated managemnet team
Cons: 45 minute drive from home, training quality
high speed paper can assembly. safe environment. work alone a lot. satisfaction of sending a quality product to customer.
Another great place to work!
Production Operator and Maintenance Operator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: great pay, insurance, 401 k
Ran high speed manufacturing machines, also fork lift and warehouse, some machine maintenance
Learned all aspects of this production plant
Great Managers and great co-workers
Hardest part was mandatory overtime
Great Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: benefits and pa
Would never have left if the business hadn't closed.
Responsible for processing payroll, paying all the office expense, reconcile the bank statements and the credit card statements for the persons who had credit cards. Dispersed petty cash and reconcile the statement and a variety of other duties as they became available
Productive and safe place to work great people
General Laborer (Former Employee), New Albany, INJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: seasonal opportunity
I felt that Sonoco was a great place to work for me even though it was a seasonal opportunity. Hardest part of the job was the hours, it was swing shift meaning I might work all three shifts in the same week but it was not so bad made my work week go by quicker. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with everyone was friendly and glad to help out whenever I had questions. I learned more skills on organization and how to drive a forklift and became very good at what I did.
Great place to work with great co-workers
Forklift trainer/operator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 1, 2013
Pros: it was easy to move up in the company. this company liked to promote from within.
Cons: there was a lot of overtime and very little people to cover.
Typically, walked to the workstation and talked to the operator from the previous shift. Perform quality checks right away and made any adjustments if needed. I was fortunate enough to get to know the mechanical and computer portion of the all of the machinery that I was responsible for. I was able to work with a great bunch of workers who cared about the products that we were making and also about the people that we worked with. The most frustrating part of the job was when the machines work break down and that we couldn't meet our quota. Although, the best part of the job was that, if everything was running top notch, we had time to perform the house keeping and also a little social time.
Materials Planner - Fiber Caulk Cans (Former Employee), Orrville, OHOctober 31, 2013
Pros: always something to learn
Busy every day but that was always a good thing. The management was great and coworkers at corp and other plants were great. Hardest part was just learning something new and most enjoyable was working with other plants
productive and fun work place
Machine Operator/3rd Shift Manager/Shipping (Former Employee), Norwalk CaSeptember 9, 2013
Run machines and put up materials when needed,train new employes how to run and trouble shooting on any jams and train how to do a change over (different size). I was the lead man for third shift made schedule for next shift and check for production is correct and help out shipping department when manager was on vacation
Productive place
Production Utility Operator (Former Employee), New Albany, INAugust 21, 2013
Pros: awards for safety and free case of pillsbury product once a month
Cons: not knowing what shift you going to work from day to day
I would drive a forklift supplying production lines. Management was great. We were safety orientated and we got awards for safety.
Stable and Structured
Quality Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee), Devens MAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: benefits, paid vacation and sick days, 401k
Cons: sub-par healthcare
Very good company. Allows employees to grow withing the corporation and excellent training programs to allow employees to reach their fullest potential.
Fun
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 6, 2013
Pros: nice people
I learned how to interact with costumers better. A typical day consisted of stocking shelves, bagging, and carrying out groceries for customers. My co-workers and managers were nice and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting, and the easiest part was stocking shelves.
Excellent company
Sales Manager, and several others (Former Employee), Mexico city and latin americaJune 17, 2013
Multinational Packaging Company
Very people oriented and customer oriented with the concept of win win relationships.
In this company I was part of a key executive training program and they put me in different positions of the organization to acquire the experience to become a general manager
Manufacturing company of composite cans and t-shirt bags.
Administrative / Shipping Manager (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CAMay 21, 2013
Pros: opportunity to learn accounting
Cons: the type of business we were in
-Evaluate the work priorities for the day to include, warehouse department, customer service department, human resources, and plant accounting priorities.
-Review the budget, see where we stand, and analyze year over year comparisons
-I interacted with corporate, customers, and immediate staff.
-The most difficult part of the job was developing my staff
-The most enjoyable part of the job is reaching our goals and being able to thank everyone for their efforts

Sonoco Products Salaries