Sonoco

Sonoco Employee Reviews

worst company I've ever worked for!
Core Cutter (Former Employee), Canton, NCJune 30, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
I worked at Sonoco for a year and a half. The management was awful, everything was always breaking or falling apart due to faulty equipment. Manager was almost always late, yet employees couldn't even be 1 minute late or else it counted as a quarter of an absence. The coworkers of mine were a joke, lazy and good for nothing. I was motivated to work hard for over a year, gave the place 110%, kept trying to get a lead position and learned how to do the leads job, even filled in for leads several times but manager never would move me up. My newborn son died while working for this company and when I came back in from FMLA leave the manager suspended me for being 3 minutes late the day before my son died and I was only late because I was giving a coworker a ride because he had lost his license. Then after my son dying and serving my 3 day suspension and after venting to a coworker about the company suspending me during that time the coworker goes and tells the manager I was talking bad about the manager and 5 minutes after clocking in from my suspension the manager is trying to suspend me again for "talking bad" about him. I told him I was having a hard time and was mad at everything at the time, he said there was no excuse for talking poorly about Sonoco. I quit and would never recommend this sorry excuse of a company to anyone. A complete joke. I'd take McDonald's over Sonoco, at least they will promote those who go above their job description.
40 hours
Press Make Ready (Current Employee), Waco, TXJune 12, 2015
given 40 hours a week.
offered OT.
Switched Shifts
Fully staffed often
small company
everyone is well known throughout the business
Fun to work there
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Hartselle, ALJune 2, 2015
Liked working witht the team that I had to work with. Management was good, benefits could've been better, but overall it was smooth and productive. I liked it.
sonoco was a good place to work for at times
section leader/ supervisor (Former Employee), hartselleMay 28, 2015
Pros: you could move up quicly if you were ambitious
Cons: we did not get paid for lunches
a typical day at work, I would come in to my office check the schedual then make cards out and make out our run sheets, then get on the forklift and bring up the lumber that we were going to need to start. after that I supervised my men and did safety audits, quality audits, and hot spot audits, but I never sacrificed safety for quanity, my employees well being were my top priority, in fact they would actually come into my office and tell me things like "my wife just left" and things like that so I had the respect of my men and I showed them respect as well.
The momement I chose a career
Welder/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Hartselle, ALMay 27, 2015
Pros: Safety bonuses, Excellant benefits
Cons: A very dangerous job
My job was hard but simple. I operated a shearing machine and a rolling machine. Always had sufficient help. Although mostly I operated machines. This is the company where I learned to weld, and decided to go to school and get certified. It was a kind of small facility therefore everyone knew everyone, a brotherhood of sorts. There was never a guess of what time we ended our day, leaving enough time in the evenings to handle personal business
it was a good job to be.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), in ayer MAMay 18, 2015
Cons: good health care
I starte as temp in this company in lest the a year a was working full time i started front the ground and became a machine operator work for 2 year and move to the warehouse.
Challenging and fun place to work.
Mig Welder (Former Employee), Hartselle, ALMay 1, 2015
Pros: It's a place that you can learn a lot from different people in the field.
The day usually starts soon as the buzzer goes off. Check production sheets to find out whats on the agenda for the day. Materials were usually in position for "one" to start. Make sure welders were to acceptable conditions as well. Once all materials accounted for, welding starts and materials are usually pre-cut but re-checking them for reassurance is a must! Most jobs are done in teams, but seldomly you work alone.
more good relation to other foreigner.
galleyhand (Former Employee), Houma, LAApril 30, 2015
Pros: free.living with pay no good rotation.
Cons: nothing health care no, ss.card
im work this for 1 1/2 year the management is not good free board but we deduction every month,no good relation to other foreign worker.very bad employee staff.
Good people, good company, boring job
Production Worker (Former Employee), Berthoud, COApril 6, 2015
Pros: Good workers, good pay
Cons: Short breaks, corporate, lots of safety rules
I worked in the tube and core industry as part of Sonoco. I was hired as a temp and just worked for the summers. The people I worked with were great and the production manager was a great guy. It was just another factory job though. Boring work, long days. The pay was pretty good for still being in school. The retention rate of employees was pretty good. Most of the workers had been there over 10 years. Not a bad temporary position. Definitely don't want to get stuck in factory work for the rest of my life though.
Worked here very long
Lead person (Current Employee), hayward,caMarch 23, 2015
Very fast paced work place, great co workers, mon-friday schedule is awesome, paid holiday and vacations is nice also.
ok
Line Assembler (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMarch 20, 2015
not the best place no one looks out for anything it a warehouse look be for you move never would work there anymore and the boss is always late
an okay place to work
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee), Rural Hall, NCFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: its a good job if you are in school because you are not penalized for absence at work
the work is not steady and there are times where they will only let you work 1 day a week. there are no benifits and no way to move up
Materal Handler / Assistant Operator
Material Handler/Shipping (Former Employee), Conyers, GAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: employee morale improved 100%
Cons: the time it may take a temp to be hired full time with the company
Sonoco as a company has made vast improvements from the companies former name. Safety is the #1 Priority. Management made it Top Priority to address the concerns of the employees and developed win / win solutions that made the company a better place to be employed.
tv intertainment
Steward (Former Employee), Houma, LAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: quarterly saftey bounuses
Cons: health insurance
Good company to work for at first but went down hill.
Would drive 338 miles some times just to work one week.
Dispatch would be dishonest about time on jobs just to get us to go out.
Awesome job and great management.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Douglas, GADecember 8, 2014
Drove the forklift loved to drive the forklift unloaded trucks and loaded them. Also built door racks for the plant and took them to the door plant where they made the doors so they could load the doors in the racks.
You are just a number
Operator (Former Employee), Sandston, VADecember 1, 2014
Pros: nada
Cons: everything
you do not matter to the company in any way. you are a number and the ones that mess around get more credit than the ones that try hard.
an exceptional company to work for
Maintainer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2014
employees at Sonoco are very hardworking dedicated and most of all professionals in their fields of work. The employers and trainers at Sonoco, take time, pride and great effort in teaching their trainees of all that is required of them to do in their field of work. I work at Sonoco for just a week through a Temp Agency and during my time with them, they welcomed me as one of their own and worked with me throughout my time there, a company I will gladly return to work for as a full time employee if such an opportunity is granted to me.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Rural Hall, NCOctober 21, 2014
Good company, Employees worked as a team to finish the job, great hours
Offered Job growth and training
Machine Operator I-III (Former Employee), Sandston, VAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: fun activities
Cons: unprofessional leadership
While working for Sonoco, production was busy and there was always room for advancement. Management was a little unbalanced but people were able to get a fair chance. I was able to learn the importance of having strong communication skills and working together as a team. The hardest part of the job at first, was dealing with unprofessional leadership. The most enjoyable part of the job was the activities that we would do to promote things such as, safety, or PPE.
Great
Software QA Consultant (Former Employee), Hartsville, SCSeptember 12, 2014
Great Work Environment. Fast Paced. Enjoyed. Learned new concepts.

1 2 3 4

About Sonoco

Sonoco Products believes you can judge a container by its packaging. The company is one of the world's largest makers of industrial – Read more

Sonoco Salaries