Sonoco

Sonoco Employer Reviews

long work hrs
Catering Supervisor (Current Employee), Houma, LAJune 13, 2013
you have to be good with people and be able to pick up heavy items and work long hrs.
management was bad. but had fun with the recreations on the rig.
Utility Hand (Former Employee), Houma, LAJune 11, 2013
Pros: awsome food, pool table, gym
Cons: away from family.
no benifits at all. no job security. away from family to long.
People oriented with a longstanding history of success.
Cost Manager (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, North CarolinaMay 15, 2013
Pros: relaxed and friendly work atmosphere.
Cons: location-long commute
The most impressive quality about Sonoco is their "Safety First" environment. They implement every precaution to assure guidelines are followed. I shared a career with some of the most successful minds in the corrugated industry and loved every moment. I always had the same level of comfort dealing with peers to corporate management. I would recommend – more... this company to anyone looking for a career with opportunity for advancement. – less
money was good people were friendly.
Galley Hand (Former Employee), Houma, LAApril 17, 2013
Pros: variety of free food for breakfast lunch and dinner
Cons: no benifits
Clean rooms do laundry help in the kitchen. the hardest part staying on the ship for weeks at a time. the most enjoyable part meeting so many different cultures.
Great Place
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Chester, VAApril 8, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: moving to a different country
I was in a position working with others to get out a great daily product and output on the quota different tasks, different positions for advancement
gas station
cashier (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 21, 2013
I had regular days at work where it was always something different everyday that I learned something but I work on a daily basic as making sure that I was interacting with people and cleaning duties was a must was happy for my job but my have bad days where its no gas or it's a problem with the pumps but any other day was a good day to make sure the – more... store is in order. – less
Enjoyed working and getting things done.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMarch 18, 2013
Pros: i got paid each week i worked.
Cons: no oppportunity for advancement.
Very active everyday with repeative tasks on a production line. That it takes teamwork to complete goals for the day. Managers were intense on meeting the projected goals. There were alot of very hard working multi-ethnic groups. Some of the tasks caused numbness and pain in your hands and arms. I enjoyed the job getting done. Also the co-workers were – more... enjoyable to be around. – less
a very hot work enviroment, open weyerhouse, easy job,friendly co workers.
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee), New Bern, NCJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: 30 min lunch break, clock out if leaving the premises for lunch.
Cons: (2) 15min side breaks, one befor and after lunch
Enter work, clock in 5min till work hour. go to station, wait for work detail, go to position, begin work. the job was not hard at all. being in hot heat and then cold air in winter, was the hardest part. tryin not to get sick. superviser and co workers were very friendly and easy to work with.
dusty and not much fun. pays well though.
employee (Current Employee), WIJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: seems to make life and work balance tuff.
don't care for the work but can't complain about the pay. Don't get set break times, some days you get quite a bit of time and others you don't have time to eat your lunch on a 12 hour shift.
working as a team
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), New Albany,OHDecember 8, 2012
Pros: working as a team
Cons: driving 43 miles to get to my job
I work 2nd shift,6:45pm to 7:15am in a two week period I work 7 days
Fill out paper work I will need to rate quality. Find out if there were and problems during prior shift. Make quality check and pick up samples to put through the visual system. If there are any defects tell machine operators so the defects can be fixed. At the end of my shift I – more... file my paper work and relay any problems to the QC coming on.

I have learned to read a different kind of blue print than I had learned at a previous employer, working with plastics, such as how humidity has apart in the out come of a good plastic bottle.

Management:They have a open door policy and you can work with all management to come up with a solution for any problem you may have. They are always apart of the team.

Co-workers: We are all part of a team on the shift that we work and work very well together helping each other with our jobs,like if someone needs help getting caught up with packing the bottles to if a line has a jammed up and to relieving for breaks.

The hardest part of the job is how the different plastics have different problems.

The best part is that we all work as a team. – less
Weekends off
Assembler (Former Employee), Sandston, VADecember 4, 2012
I enjoyed working here for a while until they started sending people home because there was no work.
productive at times
Machine Operator/Drill Press Operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, GANovember 26, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: long long hours
i learned how to operate a forklift drill press ,and my manager was a great lady....
Shipping Clerk
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Wausau, WIOctober 26, 2012
Pros: pay, hours and benefits
Cons: second shift
Spotted trailers in and out as needed, drove to metal center to pick up parts, gave breaks to the forklift operators, loaded and unloaded trailers, kept all lines stocked with product, made all bill of ladings, prepared manifest of all inbound and outbound material, answered customer calls, daily/monthly inventory, and ergonomics team leader.
Facility no longer in operation.
Receiving Lead (Former Employee), Cinnaminson, NJOctober 22, 2012
Enjoyed my job. It was very challenging. Loved bringing in different products from different companies and dealing with numbers and date codes.
productive and fun work place
Production Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 21, 2012
productive and fun work place to work everything was good here at this job.
good workplace
Production Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 17, 2012
they toojk care of thier employee they work together safe place to work
It was faced paced work logisitics environment with limited career advancement opportunities in the short run.
Warehouse Associate/Packer (Former Employee), Romeoville, IllinoisJuly 20, 2012
Pros: predictable work pace
Cons: limited career advancement
Typical day consist of being punctual and picking packing product for shipment.
I learned to strengthen my team-building abilities by working closely with co-workers.
Management was generally responsive to employees' needs.
Co-workers were friendly and responsive to providing support.
The hardest part of the job is receiving more opportunities to advance – more... in the warehouse.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working closely with team members and successfully meeting our business goals. – less
Great company and managemnet
Plant Production Manager (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJune 26, 2012
Very safety focused culture with experienced management.. Great work environment.
Decent company but not good benefits
Steward (Current Employee), Houma, LAMay 23, 2012
Pros: overtime
Cons: benefite are almost non-exisistent
At present am cooking for 30-35 people. The platform is nice as are the hands onboard. I work from 3am till 6pm with a 2 hour break.
A fun and rewarding place to work, productive and busy. Learned a lot.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Pagosa Springs, COMarch 30, 2012
Pros: productive, busy, engaging, contributive to a positive environment
Cons: employee misunderstandings, not following through on company's set procedures
A fun and rewarding environment, productive and busy. Typical day involved inputing data, consulting with the owner and employees, multi-tasking and managing varied tasks. Learned how to maintain calm and professional attitude while handling a multitude of tasks. Learned how to problem solve varied situations. Learned how to mediate between owner and – more... employees. Easy to get along with co-workers, friendly atmosphere all-around. Hardest part of the job was the fact that sometimes miscommunications occured and something would not get done promptly or correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the productive and contributive aspect of it; there was always something new to learn and achieve. – less

About Sonoco

Sonoco Products believes you can judge a container by its packaging. The company is one of the world's largest makers of industrial – Read more