Sonoma Valley Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Great staff, Small location
Radiology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sonoma, CAMay 21, 2016
People who work here are fantastic, but the community and hospital is small. slow pace and a lot of down time. Great place to start a career in the medical field.
The best team work in surgery department
Clinical Coordinator Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Sonoma, CAOctober 4, 2015
Small town feel, positive, team effort on both sides of surgical experience. excellend patient care. Supportive director allows for creativity. Opportunities for personal development
Pros
Staff
Cons
Variability of patient census
Great people to work with, exciting environment
Painter (Current Employee) –  Sonoma, CANovember 12, 2014
I get work orders to repair surfaces in the building or repaint and renovtion of rooms . The hardest part of the job is working in infection controled areas, like plastic inclosers . The most enjoyable part is to see my finish work.
benefits
Cons
i am seeking to utilize more of my skills.
LVN Emergency Dept (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CAAugust 25, 2015
My first job out of LVN school, I was hired into the emergency department and will be forever grateful for the opportunity,
fun, upbeat, place to work for high school/young adults
ADMITTING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CAMarch 20, 2015
Learned appropriate customer interaction. Stocked merchandise, worked cash register, and promoted sales, deals, specials, ect. Co-workers were always nice and worked hard, just like management.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
short breaks
Very comfortable environment to work at.
Housekeeping & Floor crew supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CANovember 29, 2012
My job at Sonoma Valley Hospital was to supervise contracted housekeepers in a detailed cleaning of specified wings of the hospital. I made sure that all health and safety regulations were not being violated and inforced. I inspected all rooms to make sure they were up to the standards of being clean and safe for the patients, and to always leave each patient with a positive outlook on the company. I would also interact with the Management to continue to get further instructions, I was also responsible for payroll of 6 employees on my crew.
Pros
great break room to relax and unwind to continue your shift after lunch or break.
Cons
none i can recall
Community oriented facility. Community oriented staff with strong core values of collective wellbeing and camaradery
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  SONOMA, CASeptember 12, 2012
Very good place to work if you want to work full time and have plenty of time to spend with your family. Or study. Very supportive management in expanding your skills while going to school. Great place to work overall
Pros
family and team oriented community hospital
Cons
low census at times, with staffing issues.
Worked Med surg 12 hr shifts
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CAOctober 6, 2014
I loved woking for this facility, but LVN's were phased out. Now that I'm an RN even though I worked there previously, I am considered a "New Grad" not experienced enough
Pros
12 hr shifts so had more days off
Cons
being called off due to low census
Organized friendly hospital
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CAApril 10, 2013
I worked at SVH twice throughout my career. I loved the staff in the lab and emergency room. I had a lot of skills developed while there. I miss my co-workers.
Pros
organized
Good administrative support
Sonoma Valley Home Health Care RN (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CASeptember 26, 2014
Good place to acquire basic home health nursing skills. Great patients to work with. Nice country to view during work day.
Pros
nice views of country in sonoma valley!
Cons
breaks were few and far between.
Very insecure place to work
Full time September 2012 to July 2014 (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CAAugust 26, 2014
The hospital is going though major problems and many people are layed off. Long term employees.
Cons
flexed off alot and watched many 30+ year employees layed off