Sonora Quest Laboratories

Sonora Quest Laboratories Employee Reviews in United States

Specimen Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 25, 2016
Improvements in advancement opportunities needed. Overall a secure and great place to work. I've learned a lot and grown as a person and employee while working for Sonora Quest laboratory.
Excellent Company
Senior Customer Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 18, 2016
If you're looking for a great company to start and end your career Sonora Quest is a great place to do that.

Mid management needs improvement. It has become like a Union or Government environment. Lots of room for improvement.
Pros
Stable Company in a stable field, Healthcare
Cons
Mid-management tends to be weak
Good experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 1, 2016
Good Experience with all kinds of patients. Worked for this company for 5 years. Completed all tasks from front office to back office.
Fun place, great people
Clinical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2016
It is a fun place to work and it gives you an overall experience with how tests are performed. Great breaks and you learn a lot.
Lab Assistant aided with clinical lab testing.
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 9, 2016
As an assistant, aided with clinical testing of a large volume of specimens. Performed waive testing, with sorting of specimens and pre-analytic testing.
I enjoyed my position with Sonora at all locations
IOP - In office phlebotomist/FLoat (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 14, 2015
I have worked for Sonora at multiple locations and positions. I am pleased with everything with their leadership except for micromanagement of the form of an individuals drawing abilities. Other than that, I have nothing else to say.
Pros
Income, benefits
Cons
draw style
eh
Phlebotomy Tech I (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2015
its a job but they definitely low ball you on compensation but they do help you if you want to go up in the company and such but its a job and you may get lucky with a great manager
Pros
you get breaks and lunch
Cons
management doesnt really care
I loved the job itself but the supervisor and assitant made me HATE going to work
Cash Applications Rep II (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 7, 2015
I loved the job itself. The assistant was more like the supervisor and she had no respect for anyone who was not above her. When the supervisor was talked to about it she did nothing about it and it became a really horrible place to work. They started having favoritism and overworked some to be more lenient with others.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
overworked by managment, too much tention by assitance supervisor, too much favoratism
Excellent, professional lab.
Patient Service Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2015
Very professionally run lab located in Western United States. Had a great CEO and upper management. Acknowledged employees' hard work and promoted integrity within the company. Had limited promotions for upper management, but was very good with promotions and growing employees.
Pros
Professionally run.
Cons
Located in AZ.
a productive and fun place to work like family
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time working for Sonora Quest Lab the growth and development I made . Being a once team leader I had a passion being a mentor to see that my co workers grew & learn new skills so we all could use the tools to better serve our patients and to be productive in our job. The hardest part probably was adjusting and managing our appointments in with our walk ins on a busy day. the most enjoyable part about my job was getting to know new people and having that great experience to serve our patients.
Pros
annual bonus
Cons
shorter lunch breaks, more work load due to short staff
Provide numerous benifits to employees
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 29, 2015
Always striving to improve productivity as well as reducing errors. Provide avenues and tools for advancement to anyone regardless of their title or position. Fair and equal treatment for all employees.
Pros
Outstanding people in their perspective fields.
Cons
frequently short or no breaks due to patient load
supervisor was horrible
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  chandler azSeptember 20, 2015
work place was great co workers were awesome but the supervisor at my site as horrible. supervisor did not care about me or other employees
Pros
awesome team lead and co workers
Cons
supervisor was horrible
Established company with good benifits
Phlebotomist/Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2015
I really enjoyed working for The Sonora Quest Team. All my co-workers were pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable. I especially liked driving the company car to different facilities and interacting with the staff and patients. Some draws could be difficult at times, but I appreciated being able to challenge myself. My favorite, was the privilege to draw our veterans.
very friendly and great work enviroment
Externship (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJuly 29, 2015
everyone at sonora quest was very helpful and assisted me and anything that i needed to learn or know.
they gave me critique when i needed it.
A good place to work.
Third Party Reimbursement Rep. (Current Employee) –  Tempe AzJuly 28, 2015
I have gained alot of experience within the company. I enjoyed the enviorment however just found the back end not for me. I miss patient contact the customer service part of being in the medical field i enjoy the front office part and would like to return to it.
Small rewards that felt big.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 20, 2015
Core belief system and the Six Sigma Program. I believe this is a wonderful way to gain education, and have fun while doing so. By working in Arizona for the company, there might be some differences here in Colorado. This program allows for personal growth, gives a sense of pride about your career, as well as the company you work for.
To have a lab right there in the Doctors' office simplified the lab work for the Doctors and their patients. Being able to build repoir with return patoients, while also to see new faces everyday. Education was easy to come by do to the fact haat the nurses were right there, and willling to help pass on information on patient's , and how different Doctors like testing performed in a certain way.

If my memory serves me correctly, I think I brought costs down by attempting to use different ordering styles.

The most enjoyable part of this job was I knew I was making a differnce in peoples' lives. Helping even just a few people, feel better by listening and giving them a smile, simply resolving a problem, or to hold the door and call them a cab. Those accomplishments felt better to me, than the big...Look What I Did type of accomp-lishment.Simply put, I love working with people no matter age, backgrounds, or how sick, mean or upset humans can be at times. I like to do what I think I was born to do. Help others.
Pros
Annual bonus
Cons
People not taking thiings as very important.
My typical day consists of balance, patience, productivity, and communication.
In office Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 14, 2015
I work in an in-office enviornment. It's a Special Immunology Clinic. We deal with suppressed immune patients. It's very challenging and rewarding. Specialize testing and some difficult patients. I've learned patience is key and a smile always helps. Many patients here have had addictive pasts and it has caused damage to their veins and it makes the blood collection sometimes difficult. But with my experience it's always good to know that the patients trust me to collect the specimen. I enjoy my patients as well as my co-workers. A good team is always important in this type of occupation.
productive,efficient,place for advancment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 30, 2015
I was an employee of Sonora quest laboratories for 7 years.There are always new things to learn. They have multiple programs to assist employees and their families. They are always looking for ways to improve and grow.
Pros
Awesome work environment, great benefits
Cons
Micro managing
Training a joke
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Washington Street Facility, Tempe AZJune 23, 2015
If you were unfortunate enough to get a pre hire training in the Washington Street facility, you should already know what a joke
their staff and training progams are. I won't go too much into this here, but in summary, the staff is petty, unprofessional and clique-ish. It also wouldn't hurt for the employees here to get some training on professionalism, leadership, and workplace ethics.
Cons
Poor management and poorly trained staff
Short staff poor managment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  bumcpMay 8, 2015
I used to love working for this company untill they started making decisions in the office to have us work short on a constant basis.
Pros
Love the staff when here
Cons
under paid

Sonora Quest Laboratories Reviews by Location