SONORA QUEST Employee Reviews

Sonora quest is a high stress level job due to poor management where being over worked and under valued as an employee is normal.
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 6, 2017
Working for Sonora as been a series of unfortunate events from management to supervisors leading back to their human resource department. Working understaffed is a reoccurring issue that is never resolved and the stress brought on by this job can never amount to the lack of money you make with this company. Sonora quest is a place of facades that will only leave you in regret and utterly exhausted. Employees are over worked, under valued, and taken advantage of. The lack of professionalism here is the tip of the ice berg. Sonora quest is a job you never want to accept.
Pros
Cons
Over worked no lunches edtremly poor leadership no clear direction
great place to work
Phelbotomist (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZOctober 29, 2017
I had a wonderful experience at SQL. My first super visor was the best person I've every had the privilege to work under. When he was given another position in the company they hired a replacement that didnt follow any of the "rules" but enforced them. There were several employees that left the company after she became there supervisor.
Great company and benefits.
Excellent place to work
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2017
A very fast paced environment but their is a lot of teamwork. We drew a minimum of 60 patients a day. No one was left to do all the work alone. Everyone on the team assisted. The company likes to promote within.
no follow-through
Sr. Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2017
They tell employees what they want to hear, but don't follow through on promises. They don't give good raises, and get upset about overtime, but don't provide enough help to get the job done.
Descent place to work
data entry (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 15, 2017
phones
customer service
mail
fax
data entry - enter the information the doctors office sends in to client file and call for any information the offices does not send.
Pros
The hours
Cons
some of the staff
Good Company to work for
Phlebotomy Technician III (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZMay 8, 2017
Very fast pace, employees are friendly. Great benefits plus shares bonuses. Very busy lab with over 300 patients seen in one day. The hardest part about this job is ..... getting out of work on time. The most enjoyable part of the job is..... the patients.
Amaizing
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 3, 2017
very stress free environment. client was very friendly and very accepting of me. best place ive worked at hands down! I have no complaints. I also had the best supervisor ever!
Immature employees & bad pay
Phlebotomy Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 31, 2017
Employees were I worked loved loved to gossip, they don't like you? They will make your work hard for you. As well as pay. Terrible pay I was getting with all the job roles I was doing.
Pros
Great benefits, wonderful patients
Cons
Employees, pay
it was a job
customer rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 6, 2017
i verified insurance and data entry on what was missing from patients or providers, i learned alot of insurance info, management was very nice and understanding about everything, workplace was very mixed the hardest part of my job was the company was not organized at all. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting my work done on time and had the time to learn other stuff that needed help on.
Pros
parties and potluck
Cons
needed better lunch rooms
had my own office
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 15, 2016
Obtain blood samples for medical testing and transfusion through venipuncture or capillary puncture. Follow infection control and policy procedures in carrying out daily phlebotomy functions. Re-stock blood collection equipment at end of day. Build trust with patients to minimize discomfort during phlebotomy procedures while effectively collecting specimens
overview
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 5, 2016
Worked at SonoraQuest for almost 2 years. Co-workers for the most part I found are backstabbing nice in your face. Management wont do anything about this behavior. Most of the Supervisor are great and then you have those they quick with the pen documenting everything one those. If you want great benefits this is the place to be, but if you looking for great helpful co-workers keep on looking.
Wonderfull work experince
Manager of Northwest Arizona (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 22, 2016
I managed 7 patient service centers through out the state of Arizona.
It was an important role of procuring a proper lab specimen and routing the specimen to the lab in Phoenix.
Pros
Patient and staff satisfaction
Cons
Travel
Fun work place. Very busy
Phlebotomist III (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 17, 2016
Have to be able to multi-task. Be a team player and work hard. Great Customer Service and compassion. Know all your phlebotomy skills.
Pros
Good pay, great opportunities for advancement
Good Company
Test Management Manager (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZAugust 6, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Great for development and advancement opportunities. The company invests in their employees and makes for a good working environment
Great place to work, very friendly environment
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 27, 2016
I thought it was a very good place to work. The management was excellent. The work was fast paced but fun. The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out tests that were not clear or poorly written on lab forms. The most enjoyable part was the people that work there.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Team Oriented, and room for advancement
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 4, 2015
Very professional company, that offers many benefits. We have a yearly incentive and if we reach our goal we all recieve a Bonus. I have learned a great deal and continue to learn more everyday at work, but most of all I enjoy the people I meet on the job, co-workers, and Patients. I feel that I run into so many patients that make such a difference in my life in one way or another and I hope that I make the same impression on them.
Pros
yearly bonus, advancement, co workers, team oriented
Cons
low Pay
great job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 26, 2015
performed phlebotomy in several doctors offices and was a float for awhile for the company. Sometimes long hours but had weekends off. staff was always pleasant
Pros
steady work
Cons
lower pay
I work for Palo Verde Lab, which is a cytogenetics lab at Sonora Quest
Cytogenetic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 2, 2015
My laboratory has a good work-life balance, with flexible schedules.
I learned new tissue culture skills here and have begun re-training in FISH scoring.
Management works SO hard for external and internal clients (their employees) and are always trying to improve quality and efficiency.
The hardest part of my job would be to leave it, but I would like to return to New Mexico to be closer to family.
The most enjoyable part of my job, honestly, is getting to go to work at Palo Verde/ Sonora Quest Laboratory every day!
fun and exciting
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2015
exciting and fun. you will learn something new everyday and you will work with all people from every age group. the doctors are great
Pros
free lunch
Cons
odd shifts
Very Good Company
Billing Coder (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 11, 2015
People at Sonora are very nice and caring to the needs of family life. Since I have been there there has been lots of OT if you are looking for this option.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SONORA QUEST. Our community is ready to answer.