Sonora Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 31, 2017
Look over the schedule, check to see what is needed for patient rooms for procedures. check for supplies, room patients, check calls , and send messages to provider. check emails for medication refills, send refills and messages to provider. medication reconciliation, adult intake, patient history. Discuss when next appointment is needed and if any injection or vaccines are needed .Enjoyed the patient care.
Adventist Health
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAOctober 13, 2017
Beautiful place to work just wish they had better management. I still have a lot of great friends that work and live in the Sonora area. Thanks so much for the opportunity to work and socialize with the great people for adb=ventist healthy
Pros
Great teamwork and friends
Cons
poor Manangement
Great place to work!
Patient Representative III (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAOctober 9, 2017
It was my first job experience up here in Northern California. The staff was very welcoming and I would highly recommend to anyone. I learned a lot and would go back if needed.
Good place to work, nice people
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAOctober 8, 2017
I worked in the cafe and I really loved it. I was let go due to absences which were my fault. I would love to be re-hired, but the policy is- you have to wait 6 months before a rehire can take place. The cafe was fast paced and busy from morning until 6:00 pm when it closed. The kitchen staff were all very nice people and hard working. The production supervisor was a great manager and cared about all the employees. The best part of the job was getting to know all the hospital employees and converse with them on a daily basis. I really miss a lot of those people and just want another chance to prove myself. Like I said I screwed up but it was not because of lousy work it was because I took my absences for granted and it cost me the best job I ever had.
Pros
Free lunches and a wonderful crew.
Cons
None really
wonderful work environment
Admitting level 2 (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CASeptember 19, 2017
you come in, you work, coworkers are like family, management isnt perfect, but its the best job in Tuolumne County. Hardest part of the job is you work for a hospital so you're going to see some tough things, like death and people in crisis mode, but the best part is seeing most of those patients find the help they need and knowing you were a part of that.
Pros
benifits, good pay, regular hours
Cons
patients are in a state of crisis, so there will be a since of ugency
Unsupportive
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAJune 14, 2017
I had a terrible experience there. Concerns that they had about my performance were never shared with me, which meant that I was given no chance to grow and improve. I felt that the management on the med-surg floor was incapable of proper communication. Typically it would be 7-8+ hours before the first break of the day. Totally illegal by California labor laws. Managers either oblivious or apathetic.
Pros
Most coworkers were friendly.
Cons
No breaks.
Small hospital and great job
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAJune 1, 2017
Wonderful hospital to work at. Great hours and easy to get time off when needed. Great co workers and everyone was very helpful with a team like atmosphere.
Extremely Satisfied!
Lead Scribe- For Hospitalist Medicine (Current Employee) –  Sonora, CAJune 1, 2017
I am extremely satisfied with my work environment at Sonora Regional Medical Center. I am currently looking to advance my career given my experience and educational background.
Pros
Great environment!
Cons
they were a place to work,and caring
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sonora californiaMay 21, 2017
i enjoyed working with the people there. i liked working with the elderly patients. it was a good experience overall i learned good people skills there and they had good benefits and compeitive pay
Fellow Staff Make it Wonderful
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAMay 17, 2017
Great people to work with, staff appreciation events quarterly, uplifting place of employment. One of the best places to work in the region with opportunity for growth and advancement
Pros
Wonderful culture, staff are valued and appreciated

Want to know more about Sonora Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
Good place to work great benefits
Perioperative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sonora, CAMay 7, 2017
Workplace offers great benefits, as an employee. Pay is very competetive, with regular raises including cost of living raise. However management could use improvement.
Pros
good pay
Cons
management issues
Great workplace culture and fast advancement opportunities
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Sonora, CAMarch 30, 2017
Staff are super friendly and willing to help. Management are genuinely concerned with your happiness and really try to put your suggestions for improvement into action. There are so many opportunities for advancemen; if you want it you can have it within a year. Excellent place to work.
Pros
Benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons
Not the lowest pay but not the highest either
I love all the doctors I have worked for.
Back Office Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sonora, CADecember 8, 2016
This is a Christian hospital so I am allowed to pray with patients. I enjoy getting to know all our patients find great satisfaction when I can ease their fears.
Fun and flexible place to work
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Sonora, CANovember 11, 2016
The Home Health Department has wonderful management who support you however, still have independence for a flexible work day. Make your own schedule.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
driving
ok place to work if management changes
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAMay 26, 2016
good people who work for the hospital but the management in the kitchen is horrible the director does what he wants when he wants never around, and HR will not do anything about it, I guess they care about what public thinks rather than the kitchen. is going to heck.
Pros
good insurance, good coworkers
Cons
bad management, HR is not on side of employees when they go to HR
Advancing, growing hospital with young, progressive management
Staff Medical Technologist/CLS (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAApril 1, 2016
I worked at this hospital 27 years, and enjoyed the proximity to my house (1/4 mile the first 19 years) and close relationships with many friendly coworkers. I added considerably to my knowledge of blood banking and bacteriology while there, and enjoyed access to one of the most knowledgeable pathologists I have known in my career: an expert on the clinical pathology side of his craft.
Hardest part of the job was probably pattern recognition in antinuclear antibody testing; most enjoyable part was being part of a 1500-member "family" of coworkers, and participating in extracurricular activities such as hospital picnics, barbecues and hospital-sponsored bicycle races.
Pros
Growing, progressive atmosphere
Cons
Some changes in management philosophy
Decent place to work for
Food Service Worker 2 (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CAMarch 15, 2016
Good place to work for. However, management is very poor when taking action to handle proper matters. I worked in the kitchen for a year and a half and didn't get my benefits til I was there after a year. There were only a few co-workers that was good at keeping up on do their work. The rest of them, not so good. My job was to clean up the kitchen and cafe. Their was a time where they hired a new guy after me and he failed to complete his job and decided to flake out. He was still there after it had been a year since that incident occured. I ended up staying overtime doing 3 other persons jobs from 3:30 in the afternoon til 7 am the next day. And after the fact I told management about the situation they just didn't care which in my opinion is very poor leadership on their behalf!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Low pay, poor raises, and very unprofessional management...
Good learning experience.
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CADecember 28, 2014
It was fun and often faced paced. I had the opportunity to learn a little bit about Novell Servers, ConsoleOne and ICA Client for network authentication.
Pros
Every day was different.
Cons
Finding a balance between Help Desk Tickets and projects.
mixed feelings
lead lvn (Current Employee) –  Sonora, CADecember 6, 2014
wonderful coworkers, excellent doctors however management does not care about your situation and leaves employees on a need to know basis.
Pros
wonderful coworkers to work with
Cons
poor management, lack of concern for employees
Great place to work.
LVN (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CASeptember 17, 2014
I enjoyed working at Sonora Medical center. My typical day was great. Management was great. I really cannot belive this is a mandatory part of my resume.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sonora Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Sonora Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location