Sonora Regional Medical Center

Sonora Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

lots of community support
CNA/Unit Clerk/Med-Surg/ Orthopedics Rehab (Current Employee), Sonora, CAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: very close small base client diversity
Cons: not a lot of room for advancement
I very much enjoyed working in a small town hospital. I have meet some very interesting types of person and learned how such a small community can be so united and friendly. Especially in time of crisis and need.
Fast pace work environment
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee), Sonora, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Typical work day is taking inventory throughout the hospital with 2 other employees and pulling all inventory from the warehouse and stocking it in all the areas you requested it for. The management was very inconsistent among themselves and we is constant disagreement on how certain situations should be handled.
This was a demanding position with constant multi tasking. Each day was an adventure.
Medication Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Sonora Regional Medical CenterOctober 10, 2013
Pros: doing a job most rn's do not do.
Cons: being on call 24/7
Because I worked for the pharmacy department I worked closely with the inpatient clinical pharmacist. I also worked as a home infusion RN and had daily assignments including insertion of central lines for long term use for both inpatient and home infusion chemo patients. I was responsible for filling and delivering drugs and supplies to the home patients – more... and worked closely with home health nurses and with primary care physicians for patients needs and changes in condition. I was one of two RN that worked in our department. There were many on call hours for line starts and infusion issues. Our department was closed because of hospital budget cuts and I was laid off in July of 2012.
I enjoyed being with the patients giving emotional support and hope for their recovery.
It was a challenge to be part of the health care team that provided the best quality care for patients diagnosed with terminal illnesses. . – less
Sonora Regional is a HORRIBLE place to work and to be a patient. As an employee there are no getting ahead and being patient was scary!!!!!!
RN (Former Employee), hospitalOctober 2, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: sonora regional does not practice the love and compassion they preach!!!!!!
Most supervisors or managers are associate degree trained and one manager is a high school graduate!!!!!! There is no getting ahead especially as a registered nurse. As a patient at Sonora Regional my bed was not changed for four days and my IV came out and the nurse states. " oh great now you have given me more work to do". Sonora preaches about faith – more... and compassion well if this is true maybe they should practice what they preach.Sonora Regional is a nightmare!!!!! – less
Excellent place to work
CIS Educator & Surginet Coordinator (Former Employee), Sonora, CAOctober 2, 2013
SRMC is a friendly small hospital with rapid growth. Loads of opportunity for an employee to make a difference.
Good mission and vision for hospital.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Sonora, CASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: working with interesting people.
Cons: short breaks.
Transcribing reports, learn something new every day. Working well with my manager, love the people I work with. The hardest part of my job is translating doctors who have thick accents. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning about human anatomy, medical terms and phrases, as well as improving in my work every day.
A very busy and fast paced workplace.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Sonora, CAJune 13, 2013
Pros: working with very nice and helpful people.
Cons: never was hired by the hospital only worked as a volunteer.
Greeted patients and their families as they entered the hospital and directed them in where they needed to go. The employees at the hospital are very nice and helpful to everyone that enters the hospital. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the different people that came and went from the hospital.
Great Work Enviroment
CNA (Former Employee), Sonora, CADecember 6, 2012
Overall experience at Sonora Regional was great. The staff and fellow Nurses were great to work with.
Great co-workers..
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Sonora, CAMay 4, 2012
Cons: short breaks
I feel that the nursing staff and hospitalist work great together.
good place
Patient Account rep/Cashier (Current Employee), Sonora, CAApril 22, 2012
get to job at 8am prept all in coming payments checks,cash, or any incoming moneies.prep for patients accounts, and prep them for the bank, daily.and have to manage time because needs to be done timely, coworkers are fine they are there if you need them, Hard part of the job is when all the systems go down and we have to wait. And of course the best – more... part is having everything balanced on everything, – less
OK job if you live in Sonora, CA.
Central Supply tech (Former Employee), Sonora, CA.March 13, 2012
Pros: you can charge meals and rx to your badge
Cons: underpaid for your increasing workload.
Lack of leadership in the department I worked in. Not flexible with work schedules and lacks communication from the top down.
Great Place to Work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Sonora,CAMarch 10, 2012
Treats everyone the same great to work for, Trusting of their employees, in doing a good job
It is not a place to work, and think that you can get ahead there. Your in, and then you are out.
Kitchen duties/tray line/dish line (Former Employee), sonora, caOctober 1, 2011
The company does not know how to keep their workers.

April 27, 2013

Well, I'm kinda thinking it's not them..."Your in, and then you are out" Hmm...

Cooperatieve werk spirit tussen de verschillende disciplines
Lead SLP (Hoofd afdeling Logopedie) (Former Employee), Sonora, CAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: geen enkel
Het werk op SRMC is altijd leuk geweest. Stimulerend wat betreft doorgaande ontwikkeling van de logopedie afdeling en uitdagend in het uitbreiden en aanbieden van de services op de verschillended afdelingen. Marketing naar artsen toe en andere managers. Altijd leuk and goes samengewerkt als deel van een multi-disciplinairy team, met dieetisten/verpleging/artsen/case – more... managers/fysiotherpeuten and ergotherapeuten. – less

About Sonora Regional Medical Center

Sonora Regional Medical Center is proud to care for this community with an extraordinary medical team of world-class physicians – Read more