Sony Computer Entertainment America Employee Reviews in United States

Political Culture
Creative Services Manager (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAFebruary 15, 2016
Company culture operates as a start up. It grew really fast and upper management has not been able to manage their grow effectively, often promoting people they like and not necessarily based on their efforts and talents.
Pros
Employee discounts, cafeteria, gym.
Cons
Very political which can be a challenge. Tendency to need to belong to clique
Very fun place to work
Video Game tester (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Working int he industry was a dream. i enjoyed the culture and meeting new people who also enjoy this great past time. I would love to get back into computer and console testing as i like playing anything competitive and making sure the product is right!
Pros
Cheap lunch, video games all day and great people
Cons
Was contract work so it was never long term with them
Great Company Culture, Poor Management
HRIS Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CADecember 16, 2015
The company culture is great and so are the perks but the management needs to issue better communication from the top down as well as employee development and leadership training. The company is definitely in the process of improving its staff but I'm not sure if them changes are being implemented as fast as they need to be to maintain a successful and satisfied work group.
Pros
Onsite gym, onsite subsidized cafeteria of local sustainable food, free games, demos, tshirts, promotional items, etc.
Cons
many complaints about management among entire company
Great place to work for
Level I Technician/Business & Professional (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 2, 2016
This company did a lot to help the employees, and give them a lot of hours. They would allow you to work overtime, and other shifts provided the supervisors on that shift didn't mind or needed staff.
Bleeding edge technology
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Utilizing a full IBP and S&OP systems, SCEA is a leader when it comes planning the business. The planning touches all sides of consumer goods, physical, digital and service.
Pros
Exciting video game business.
Average
Senior Lead QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 22, 2016
There are things I liked and disliked about working at SCEA. They seem to cancel each other out in the end, so I give them an average rating.
high energy, welcoming, and fun
Operations Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAOctober 15, 2015
Loved working there , great atmosphere , management ok, but over all was a challenge and a nice experience. The perks of the job was probably the best seeing new games that come out and giving your advice on how good the game is overall.
Pros
parking, healthcare, bonus
Cons
laying quality employees off in quantity
productive and vibrant atmosphere with comfy chairs
Tester/Programming (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 4, 2015
A normal day would consist of test playing looking for faults or errors and recording data when an defect would occur. I learned alot about how much is given to every game that gets developed.
Great place to work with plenty of perks
QA Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CASeptember 15, 2015
Overall, I enjoyed my time working for Sony PlayStation. There were many company events, perks, and merchandise discounts. The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily interaction with fun and outgoing people who share a passion for the computer gaming industry.
Pros
Onsite cafeteria, Merchandise discounts, Enjoyable corporate functions
Cons
High management turnover, Lack of transparency from upper management
Heavy workload, but management tries create a positive culture
Finance (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 4, 2015
Fast pace, heavy workload, good benefits, fun company culture, opportunities for advancement, great perks, 401k, education expense reimbursement, challenging, demanding
benefits
Cons
heavy workload
9 years a (contract) tester
Quality Assurance Game Tester (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CaliforniaJuly 18, 2015
Typical day of work was coming in, getting a build, and testing out that product. I've learned how to test video games, write bugs, and interact with developers as we go back and forth to make the product as flawless as possible. Management there seemed like they never wanted people to move up. They've always just wanted to stay in their position for as long as possible without mentoring the younger (future) to step up and eventually take over. Most of my co-workers were great, lots of characters, different walks of life. Some I consider great friends. Hardest part of the job is the uncertainty that you could be let go at any time. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting free food and or free games.
Pros
Go to attent trade shows such as E3, comic con, or PSX.
Cons
There's no benefits for contract staffers.
Created virtual world from reality.
Capture Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2015
Fun, fast paced work place with top-tier talent and equipment. Every day was different, from the ridiculous to the sublime.
Fun, motivating job with full control over your life.
Playstation Representative (Former Employee) –  West PhiladelphiaApril 6, 2015
With Playstation you have control over your life. You write your own schedule(within reason) and get to set up fun events. There is a high reimbursement for mileage and full reimbursement for work related expenses. The benefits are insane and while I can't go into detail, trust that they are amazing, especially if you are a gamer or have family that is into games! If you are self motivated sales person with manager and marketing experience that loves to drive and socialize, this is your dream job.
Pros
control of schedule, frequent paid holidays, lots of PTO, insane benefits, awesome coworkers
Cons
lots of wear and tear on your vehicle
SCEA it's a good place to work if you want to develop yourself in all ways
Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 22, 2015
Scea will give you or improve your ability to work with less supervision
The management skills is very good.
The hardest part of the job is that you need to think fast in order to solve issues arising.
Pros
FREE DRINKS
Cons
YOU MUST BE COMMITED
could be worse
Lead resource Functional and TRC compliance (Current Employee) –  San diego californiaJuly 30, 2015
Could be worse. We were able to learn new testing procedures.

Hardest part of the job was the lack of stable work and little chance of moving up in the company.
Great place to get experiance
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2015
Sony is a good stepping stone for Tech Support. If you have never been in a call center or had to help solve computer issues over the phone or through chat this is a good place to start.
Pros
IT experiance
Cons
Takes awhile to get promoted
Awesome place to work
Senior Staff Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 28, 2015
The work place is very enjoyable. There is a gym, tennnis, volleyball, basketball court. I have a very good team, everyone is helping each other, we even got a personal team interview and recognized as one of the best group in the company posted in the our intranet website.
Great company to work for, flexible schedule and good people to work with.
Playstation Representative (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 26, 2015
Territory management, run your own schedule within guidelines of projects, events and trainings.
Love the people and clients, love training and events.
Weekends are tough sometimes.
Pros
great products, you are able to try and keep all products given.
Cons
weekends and some late hours.
Great place to work, good people and nice perks.
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CADecember 22, 2014
Was valued as a veteran tester, now with over 12 years experience in the field. Often called upon to train other members in testing procedures and to assist leads with their duties. Tested all titles against firmware for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PS Vita Consoles. Highly valued for my excellent attention to detail and creative testing methodologies.
Fast-paced, family-oriented, casual gaming culture
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 4, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with great people who treats you like family rather than just colleague. I am very grateful that I get to work in a fun gaming culture and play games on Fridays if my work was done. Also, I get to plan employee-engaging gaming themed parties and other fun team-building work events. The only hard thing about my job is when I have to push other people to meet a certain deadline because of the domino effect it has on my project's timeline.
Pros
great people to work with, access to free games, get to attend free sporting events like the sf giants games
Cons
limited upward mobility at times, compensation needs improvement

Sony Computer Entertainment America Reviews by Location