Sony DADC

Sony DADC United States Employee Reviews

a great place to work because of the nice co-workers.
Multiple Fork-Lift Operator (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILApril 14, 2015
Pros: I learned how to operate many different machines.
Cons: no benefits and only temporary.
I was a fork lift operator and i gained the ability to operate multiple machines. The hardest part of the job was dealing with extreme temperatures of the warehouse. I enjoyed working with the nice co-workers.
Very clean work place.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INApril 1, 2015
Pros: Clean room work place
Cons: 12 hour shifts and 7 years on nights
Ran multiple machines and learned a lot about plastic injection.Supervisor was fair and strict,but,put me with the right person for me to advance.
People are treated fairly
Printer Operator-Seasonal Operator (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INMarch 13, 2015
Pros: eight hour shifts
Cons: very fast paced
Creating plates to run in print machines or run print machines. All is computerized but have to maintain observation of the DVDs, Blu-Ray, and CDs to ensure the pictures are maintained. Add ink as needed. Adjust machines as needed
huge company but the employees suck
Stand-Up Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILMarch 10, 2015
sony is a huge company to work for but the management and employees suck you have to wait long periods to clock in and out because you have to be searched every time you leave.
Strong management type
Audit Analyst (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILMarch 8, 2015
Pros: we left on time every day
Cons: everything
Managers in the location I worked had a very hard way of dealing with employees. Abuse was very verbal. Conversations was not encouraged so we sat in an open room and talked very little. Employees seemed to not take responsibility for their own errors and looked for an easy out. I admire people who admit mistakes and learn from that mistake.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INFebruary 26, 2015
If you like working at fast pace, and you like working with other people then its a really good job. I liked it a lot, and it was fun.
good for never working in a ware house
sorter (Former Employee), bolingbrookFebruary 23, 2015
Cons: no paid lunch
*start of scanning in boxes
*then packing
*have to get boxes made
*no paid lunch
* trying o unjam the machine
* lack of help not enough employees
It's been a good job.
Lead Maintenance Technician / Packaging (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INFebruary 16, 2015
Work and Sony hasn't been bad. Overall, it has been a good experience. The overall job security isn't there due to a down turn in the optical media marketplace.
Fun friendly work environment
Line Operator/hand packaging (Former Employee), Pitman, NJFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: wonderful work environment filled with hardworkers
Cons: it was shut down .
Wonderful place to work for. Friendly work environment. Dedicated supervisors and managers. My favorite part of the job was meeting new people and learning more skills on the job each and everyday. The hardest part of the job was the flexible shifts that sometimes went from night to day shift. My co-workers at Sony were friendly and efficient workers who gave it there all each and every day when they came to work. Sony closed its Pitman facility .
Sony
SPA line worker (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INFebruary 3, 2015
It isnt a hard job pretty basic however you are on your feet for 12 hours straight if you can deal with that it will be ok. Usually only the first couple days are bad.
It's a job
Interaction designer, Software Developer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: i am working on sony pictures campus
Cons: contractors are treated poorly
Culture in the software development teams is lack luster. No one cares about their work. Typical 9-5 atmosphere, except most people do the 10-6+ thing.

Under-staffed and half the people here are on indefinite contract, hard to get full-time. HR is a joke and payments never come on time.
Great place
Fitness Director/Specialist (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INJanuary 20, 2015
I am involved in the corporate fitness aspect so my daily activities revolve around people coming in and using the fitness center. I love being here and working around people who are interested in improving their fitness every day!
Productive but not a good work environment. Very low morale
Operator (Current Employee), terre haute, inJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: 3 breaks, 1 lunch break, good insurance
Cons: more expectations of operators, low pay.
setting up machines to run orders
learned about the production of compact discs
management is always changing and has little experience
co-workers are great but low morale
hardest part is running sometimes 6 machines
Impossible to work and attend school
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: many hours.
Cons: too frequent mandatory overtime, long hours standing in one place.
A typical day includes going through security, getting assigned an assembly line, assembling and wrapping product, and finishing 12 hours later. It is a simple job but the long hours standing in one place and the poisonous atmosphere from the other employees made it difficult. The constant demand for mandatory overtime also made it impossible to attend classes.
A good environment with mostly great employees
Digital Fulfillment Operator (Former Employee), Marina del Rey, CADecember 18, 2014
Pros: birthday gatherings, sony discounts, complimentary lunches
Cons: department coworkers attitudes, lack of options to progress to other departments
My typical day at Sony DADC required data entry of media from tape based sources, or hard drives, as well as quality control for television and feature film content. I learned how to ingest and manage an exorbitant amount of data and develop an eye for spotting errors in a short amount of time. For the most part, the environment at DADC was an inviting one; however, in my department unfortunately, there were some coworkers who made the working experience less than desirable. The difficulties only lied in the working relations with a few department coworkers, otherwise the rest was a breeze.
funny place to work
dvd packing operator (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INNovember 10, 2014
Loved working there wish they would of hired me thru Sony but it's in who u know I guess
Line Leader
Line Leader (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INNovember 2, 2014
As a line leader, I oversaw the maintenance and production of DVD and Blu-Ray production lines, managed and trained multiple employees, and kept inventories and quotas.
Line Leader
Line Leader (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INNovember 2, 2014
Poor allocation of Resources (i.e. Temps) (Employment Plus)
SPA - Paceline (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INOctober 30, 2014
Pros: light on the demand for intensive physical labor, pay rate is steady, etc...
Cons: individual representation is non-existent (this is a commercial entity, not a family business), mismanagement occurs often, security...
I find it a bit disingenuous that successful staffing agencies are capable of advertising the availability of multiple positions to potential employees, but solely provide staff for a single corporation after the fact. SONY DADC being the perfect example in the Terre Haute (IN) area. The turnover rate is ridiculous. Why? The Upper staff (Trainers, Line Leads, Supervisors [and Cores, to an extent]) mismanage relevant information and scheduling, while simultaneously neglecting employee training.

Be aware: Your supervisors will mock you. To your face. While on the line (SPA), you will be discussed at length by all individuals present. The unnecessary drama that unfolds on each shift can be overwhelming. If you are hired, expect to work long hours (12 hour shifts). This will impact you socially. You will be forced to implement new routines. Sony will become your life. You will be tired. (Large portions of this branch rely on stimulants to maintain active lifestyles, while others imbibe depressants to deaden the pain standing still for 12 hours will initially cause). Sadly. Until you quit. Be sure to give notice. (Also: Layoffs are frequent after the Holiday seasons have passed.)

The pay is minimal: $9.00-$10.00 per hour (depending on your agency.) The work is simple assembly and post-fab production. The process is monotonous, and inactivity is constant. The position is not recommended for those suffering from any Back Problems or Physical Ailments.

Line Leads can, and will, be ruthless. The scaling systems and matrices used in the SPA rely on - Graded Speed, Production Estimates, – more... and Output to determine a casual percentage which will reflect the Leads ability to maintain stable production at speed. Usually, the typical employee is a "pair of hands". If you can't maintain proper speed (100%-125%), you will be moved.

I would advise you to stay away, but if steady income is your priority, then this position may be for you. Overtime Days are abundant (and often mandatory.) Opportunities for promotion, though few and far between, are possible.

Frankly, this industry cannot sustain itself. Digital distribution has dated physical products (DVD, Blu-Ray, CD). Still, if you need cash, Sony DADC will hire anyone (through Temp Services). They always need fodder. – less
Management was great and made sure we had everything to do our job.
Sorter/Inductor (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILOctober 27, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: temp job
I was only a temp, but I loved the job.I did packing and got to experience how to lead a group.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sony DADC

Having focused on optical disc media since its inception, Sony DADC (Digital Audio Disc Corp.) didn't really feel the negative – Read more

Sony DADC Salaries