Sony Electronics Employee Reviews in United States

Best work & life experience
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2016
I was lucky to experience a variety of roles dealing in multiple arenas of the electronics business. I learned so much on the job, and they provide training and education to anyone who wants it. The company and management has been going through difficulty since mass layoffs in 2013, but I still hope to see Sony gain back some of its former glory again.
Pros
Education, training, group events, networking, free products
Cons
market instability and competition
Great people to work with, great benefits
Customer Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, NJApril 14, 2016
I have learned so many skills. Sony brought constant change- new exciting products, new ways of doing business. There was not really a typical day as each day brought new challenges. Basic responsibilities were working to keep chargebacks low and invoice currency high.
Co-workers made the job worth going to
Hardest part of the job was watching people leave
Most enjoyable part was the strong relationships- we were a true TEAM
Pros
work from home opportunities, people, benefits
Professional Organization
account manager sales (Former Employee) –  Park Rige, NJJanuary 17, 2016
Great company with great brand. Marketplace was very volatile creating up and downs in the sales cycle, With prices eroding constantly, you would have to sell much more volume to keep up with the sales quota.
Pros
Great brand awareness
Cons
Technological advances making some product obslete and too costly
Electronic Head Quarters
Senior Credit/Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  parkridge njJanuary 12, 2016
Portfolio of accounts
great training
management are all results driven
co-workers get relationships built
hardest part was the commute in bad weather.
enjoyable part was the employee store, which is not there anymore.
Pros
Very friendly staff
Cons
outsourced alot of the work
a fun place to work for /with and willing to help each other.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 11, 2016
I give this company an A plus! I have been working for this company for 12 years and 8 months. I will miss the staff, management team and stock people who are like family to me.
Pros
best staff to work with/for.
Cons
none.
Safe, productive and fun place to work
Customer Support Representative / Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2016
The good company to work for - safe, productive, and caring for employees

Group activities for fun, team player in our department
Pros
monthly group activities for fun
Good company
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2016
I enjoyed to work at this company. Sony is a world wide company. The branch I worked at was a Sony Service Center for Sony Broadcast equipment.My job was to repair most of the Sony products that customer sent them in for repair.
Sony Electronics
Human Resources Representative III (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2015
Sony Electronics and Sony Corporation are great in respect of their long term innovators and their entertainment companies. The work-life balance isn't that great. Compensation and benefits are really great. The job security and advancement is not available since Sony Electronics has been restructuring and laying off employees since I joined the company almost 4 years ago (and prior to me joining). The culture is pretty good, only that our employees have lost their confidence in the brand.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
Goog pay, good benefits, and generally fun to work at
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 9, 2015
It was a call center, so they have to be very strict with their people. I was a Tier 2 Tech, which means that didn't answer calls cold. I handled trouble calls and was very successful at it.
Pros
Good job recognition
Cons
If you had to leave the phone to go to the bathroom, you got points against you
Expert Marketing Product Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 12, 2016
Good people, flexible hours, hardest part of the job is supporting many different products. Professional products are still best in breed.
Best job I ever had.
Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 30, 2015
I really enjoyed my 15+ years at Sony. Long hours with lots of travel. Exciting products. The best co-workers in the world.
Pros
Great products, great people.
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
n/a
National Technical Training Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2016
Sony manufactures consumer electronics products in San Diego. The products range from LCD TVs to Stereo Systems. A very good company to work for.
Job was temp. but very enjoyable.
Temporary Employment (Former Employee) –  Montvale NJ (corp HQ)December 28, 2015
I put together the daily Corporate Newsletter from articles that I cut out of a few daily newspapers, and did a bit of posting of new product details on their website.
Very fast and challenging environment
Buyer/AP (Former Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 27, 2015
Constantly moving fast in completing needs of operations and always staying on top daily task to ensure business needs are constantly met.
Pros
The people and relationships that were establisehd.
Cons
The office staff got smaller every time their were changes being made.
Fast pace, technical environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2015
Neutralized work environment. Numbers and production was key at Sony DADC. Special attention to detail in the development with consistent management giving a slight push. Most enjoyable was the actually co-workers who made you fill comfortable. Always room for advancement
Pros
flexible lunches and breaks, advancement
Cons
not enough overtime
regular
MATERIAL HANDLER -FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXNovember 7, 2015
I was temporary in this company every day was a different assignment and they send you to a class for how to operate forklift
and had an excellent communication with the co-workers
Great people to work with
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 10, 2015
Sony has and is going through many changes and will continue to evolve. It is a much different company than it once was but as in life all things must change
Was a great job and had advancements internaly to move if wanted.
Maint Grp PM-CM lead(DSM) / Line Tech(CTV/CRT) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2015
Large company, upfront information on whats expected of you. They allowed you to take classes to improve yourself, if you wanted. Overall management was fair and open minded. Sony made you feel like part of the family.
Pros
Steady work, good compension and hours.
Cons
Market feel out on the CRT produciton.
Fast paced environment
Senior Manager, Global Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2015
Toughest part of job: Due to the nature of the position -- international marketing -- long hours are necessary to effectively communicate and execute business plans. Coffee has become a good friend!

Best part of the job: Trekking the globe meeting and developing lasting relationships with colleagues!
Great Company
Sr. Business Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2015
I enjoyed my experience at Sony. It was a corporate office setting however it was not a formal work environment. Excellent work location in Rancho Bernardo in San Diego (gym on location, cafeteria was amazing with a Sushi Bar.
Pros
Work from home option, work life balance orientated
Cons
no salary increases (multiple years)