Sony Electronics Employee Reviews

Employees concern about their job security
Business Planner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 2, 2016
Great brand image but weakening its position in the market. With their too many managers with top salaries, they can't afford their marketing activities and large lay-offs are happening too often.
There are many Japanese style (and Japanese expat) hard working employees work until late night. Managers don't have good work/life balance at all.
There are fun events, good amenities in the building such as Starbucks coffee, huge cafeteria, great gym for employees though, I was always wondering who can actually attend the events...?! definitely not the business unit people.
Sony is trying to come back up in the market though, many of their good employees have left to other companies.
Pros
Office amenities, salary
Cons
work/life balance, job security
Productive and Fun Work Environment
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXMarch 8, 2017
A typical day at SONY overall is very productive. I arrive here at 8:00 a.m and start working at my desk. The environment here is good, all employees get along and work in harmony. The culture of the company is to work as a group and cooperate with each other. I do not see any part of my job as hard. But, I have had many challenges during my time working here. I overcome the challenges and turn it into work experience for the future. The most enjoyable part of my job would be when I am able to help the employees to better their work and I enjoy helping everybody from employees to management.
Pros
Good breaks, days off, good work envirionment
Cons
A creative and amazing company with endless career opportunities.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 30, 2016
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. I thoroughly enjoyed everyday at work , and still wish that they had continued in the direct retail business. Fantastic training on new and exciting cutting edge technology brought excitement every day. Management and co workers were outstanding people that all worked together towards the goal of making the company successful. I learned so much about professional retail here as well as the brand.the hardest part of the job was keeping up on all the latest technology. Our job was to keep guests well informed on all forms of technology , and to work with them to make the right choices for their purchases. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing guests return because of you , and their faith in the brand. I can only hope that the next company I work for is a extraordinary as Sony was.
Pros
Great benefits and intensives with fantastic colleagues to work with.
Cons
Closed down their direct retail in the US.
Challenging and Rewarding
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 9, 2017
Working in Sony Retail Experience as a Sales Supervisor you are empowered to own your own business. Most decisions are left up to you to manage your market to what suits your businesses needs best.

The work can be hard and challenging at times, but is rewarding. Management is very supportive and recognizes hard work. Compensation is very fair with incentives tied to sales performance that more than adequately reward hard work.
This Call center is now closed
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 28, 2017
Sony has farmed out all of their telephone support work, so this is pretty meaningfulness, but I'm just playing along and typing in here, because Indeed gives no other option (of course, I could have just left the page, but they forgot to mention that).
Pros
great working environment and benefits
Cons
Pay was pretty mediocre, and raises barely kept up with inflation. Experience had little value.
productive and working hard
Staff Accountant /Financial Analyst I (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 18, 2017
I have a good relationship with co-workers and we got along with. We also a team work. I had a chance to meet and work with multi-level of management for prepared the yearly Budgeting and monthly forecasting. We worked very hard and stayed very late during the Budge time. I handle multi-task, but the hardest and stressful part of the job was the special task which was come in the last minute must be done fast in order to meet the deadline.
Pros
Friendly, knowledgeable, supporting team
Cons
stressful and often stay very late.
Good company to work for
Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 29, 2016
At Sony Electronics I was given the chance to be exposed and work in different department in which I feel learned the management process. I was also given the chance to travel to other cites and be involved with warehouse consolidation projects which would typically be brought to our facility in California. Those were good experiences.
Pros
paid for school while in college
Learning
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNMarch 13, 2017
First big company. I learned a lot about Sony consumer electronics. Started working fixing camcorders and moved to displays. It was a great learning experience.
Pros
Employees, learning
Cons
overbearing management
Good place to work.
Customer Service Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 18, 2017
Good pay and good benefits package. I have no regrets working for Sony. They also made sure we had the proper training for the different models of the computers we supported including the software that was installed on the Vaio's.
Pros
Cafeteria, Good Pay.
Decent work place
Quality Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2017
Had fun working there. The overall environement was not bad. Takes too long to get a full time permanent job. Lots of politics in having to deal with the parent company in Japan.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Cons
Hard to get a peramanent job
Best place I ever worked
Accounts Payable Rep (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMarch 20, 2017
Sony gave me the opportunity to grow professionally. Every day I was learning something new and of grate benefit for my career. I am so thankful for the opportunity they gave me to work in Sony!
A great place to work
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAJanuary 31, 2017
They were great I enjoyed my 15 years with them. They gave their employees a lot of good benefits. Their working environment was always fun. They treated they employees like family.
Benefits
Cons
The lay off
Excellent work environment
Customer Support Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2016
Excellent work place with recognition for hard work. Encourages teamwork and diversity. Promotes work life balance. Provides opportunities for learning new skills.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Advancement opportunity
Merchandise Administrator (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, NJJanuary 20, 2017
Sony is a great innovative workplace which ensure its employees feel recognized for the work they do and are encouraged to maintain focus on the next big idea. The company is working to help employees enjoy a better balance between their responsibilities at home and work by offering them the opportunity to get involved in healthy activities such as biking and walks that will benefit their physical and mental health.
Very Good place to work
Director of Supply Chain Management (Current Employee) –  Park Ridge, NJApril 14, 2016
Sony has been a great place to work over the past 22 years. The management style is conducive to productivity, the employees are all wonderful to have as colleagues...it is a real team atmosphere. Good benefits and they encourage balance between career and personal life.
Great environment to work in
Team Lead Repair Receiving (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 29, 2016
I am grateful to everything I learned in Sony. I had a great supervisor and general manager. They helped me advance in the company and they taught me a lot.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Longs Hours
International electronics company at the forefront of the industry.
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILJanuary 25, 2017
Working at Sony gave me insight into the different areas of the electronics industry. I enjoyed learning how to analyze the customers needs in order to give them the best service available. My customer service team worked well together to make sure the customers were satisfied with their experience with Sony.
Productive Work Environment
PSA Planner/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 24, 2016
As my career has developed, I have been very fortunate to have worked in a variety of industries. I have successfully worked with key stakeholders within organizations by demonstrating my ability to overcome challenges, whether handling complex tasks or driving organizational change, by taking the time to learn, execute, adapt, and lead. I approach these challenges by developing an in-depth understanding of the needs, situational context, data, and information assets.

My current role as a Broadcast & Professional Planner/Buyer, exemplifies my skillsets and approach in a multi-faceted role whereas I routinely have to adjust to a dynamic environment that calls for me to be hands-on with clients, while using my in-depth knowledge of procurement and planning, develop creative methodologies and actionable solutions, or assume a leadership role to guide objectives to successful completion.
Consumer Electronics
SALES EXECUTIVE/ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, NJNovember 10, 2016
Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation headquartered in Kōnan, Minato, Tokyo. Its diversified business includes consumer and professional electronics, gaming, entertainment and financial services.The company is one of the leading manufacturers of electronic products for the consumer and professional markets.

Wonderful company to work for when starting out in sales...
Sony Electronics
Human Resources Representative III (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2015
Sony Electronics and Sony Corporation are great in respect of their long term innovators and their entertainment companies. The work-life balance isn't that great. Compensation and benefits are really great. The job security and advancement is not available since Sony Electronics has been restructuring and laying off employees since I joined the company almost 4 years ago (and prior to me joining). The culture is pretty good, only that our employees have lost their confidence in the brand.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
No room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.