Sony Electronics Employee Reviews

Sony was a great place to work at.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CADecember 20, 2017
- It is a great place to work for if you like meeting people from several nationalities.
- I learned the ins and outs of an electronics' warehouse. I also learned how to fix computers.
- Most managers were great.
Pros
I met people from diversed nationalities.
Cons
N/a
Was okay
General Laborer (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 18, 2017
It was a clean and safe environment . it was a good place for me to learn more about warehouse and packaging. The people there are polite. Sometimes it can get hectic.
Pros
Enough time for breaks
Cons
N/a
excellent company with excellent benefits
Many different jobs held (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 11, 2017
I worked at SONY for 23 years. I held many different types of jobs in trying to stay at Sony. I learned many things, because I applied for many jobs, trying to keep a position. The hardest part of the job was in my latter career, I had to travel a lot. The most enjoyable part was all the different people I worked with and became like a family!
National Account Manager
Major Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2017
Largely competitive marketplace with ample new business opportunities. Worked with all levels of decision makers. Coordinated scheduling of delivery and installation of all products.
Pros
Included company vehicle.
Cons
Rif
very productive work environment
Mechanical Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 17, 2017
One of the best companies to work for. The job was very challenging and I was very busy all the time doing big and small projects. Employees are allowed very independently. Decision making was very fast. Managed projects from concept to installation and testing.
Pros
Excellent company to work for. Very productive work environment
Cons
Job was not that secure due to low wage in other countries
Enjoyed the experience
line supervisor (Former Employee) –  PANovember 9, 2017
I enjoyed the experience with working with so many different kinds of people and in many different situations. I was paid well and definitely worked hard for the money I earned.
Interesting
Manufacturing Staff (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PANovember 7, 2017
Loved working for SONY. Loved the people I worked with. I loved getting time off over xmas and every July we had shut-down. We always knew we had 2 weeks off every year and we could plan our vacations around that. It was interesting to do various jobs and kept you from getting bored.
Pros
Good pay, excellent benefits.
Cons
Mandatory OT, sometimes we had to work 60 hour weeks.
productive fast pace work station
Supervisor-Rodger (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TX 78043November 4, 2017
on a typical day i would set up the data entry form and start to scan input information from products to be shipped for repairs. I learned how to pack and input ship labels for customers products to be identify on production. The management was very fair and professional. The work place was very open and roomy for production. The hardest part of the job was only in the summer when it got hot since it wasn't a ac facility but still managed to get the work done on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the production flow.
Pros
1 hour lunch provided
Cons
hour pay advancement
a typical day at work
MANAGER BUSINESS PLANNING (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 1, 2017
Sony was a prestigious company to work for, for many years. But, with layoffs in recent years and the dismantling of key business segments, the company is not what it used to be.
Super fast paced
Waiver (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAOctober 27, 2017
Really enjoyed my time at the Sony warehouse. Work environment between co-workers was good. Liked the fast pace environment. Somewhat of chances to advance to higher position.
Low pay, no security
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 25, 2017
Pay is low and they have a habit of moving their centers around, simply closing one and opening it in another state, you can keep your job if your willing to pay to move.
fun to work, famly oriented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2017
it was fun to be involved with all the different departments, was family oriented thought the departments involved (7 total). we all got outsourced and laid off
Pros
family environmet
Enjoyed the independent work atmosphere
TECHNICAL REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJOctober 4, 2017
Provide technical support to an independent authorized service network. Managed in excess of 40 accounts, implementing Sony Electronics’ policies and guidelines Implemented standards for the Sony Authorized Service Center. Assisted business owners with administrative process. Worked with technicians troubleshooting video and audio consumer electronics to component level. Provided technical support to authorized service companies. Negotiated warranty rates and audited escalated warranty claims
Met with independent service owners, consulting on Sony policies and recommending business improvements. Developed territory with added and sustained authorized service accounts. Provided technical support to company Sales Department. Coordinated field training for technicians. Produced, directed and edited company videos. Published monthly, Safety and Technical reports.
Wish They Stuck Around
Technician III (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PASeptember 20, 2017
I would still be at Sony, but they closed the operation and went overseas. The corporate culture changed and the new corporate heads changed direction down the low cost road.
Fun and fast place to work
Receiving Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Loved working here they were very energetic and quick pace work place. Never board but always an upbeat place. They always rewarded you for your hard work.
Good environment to work at
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 3, 2017
Learned a lot regarding electronics within my 36 years with Sony. Very good place to work at, lots of friendly people there. They work with you to get you to where you want to be.
Sales Manager
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, NJAugust 29, 2017
A constantly energizing environment. I learned so much about people and technology that it is impossible to separate it from what I learned earning my graduate degree. An excellent company!
Pros
Everyone is respected for their expertise.
Good work culture
Project Manager- IT-SAP (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, NJAugust 28, 2017
Good culture
Hard working
Invests in technology
Bit old fashioned and rigid
takes care of good employees
competitive. good brand
Asian HQ centric decision making
Amazing Company
Administrative, Operations and Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, NJAugust 27, 2017
My job at that time was very diversified. I loved interacting with co-workers helping them with major issues in their life.

There was an open door policy with the management I was working for at the time.

The workplace was very diversified and everyone worked together for the greater good of the company and the individuals involved.

The hardest part of the job…was leaving.

Best 18 years of employment.
Pros
Teamwork, Creative, Friendly
Cons
Outsourcing
Employees are not valued.
Discrepancy Inspector (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 8, 2017
Sony Electronics was a good place to learn but the intelligence and contributions of the employees was not valued at all. Only the managers would get paid well and did not do much of managing. The managers would not take responsibility for their mistakes and would let it all fall on the employees so that they would not have to deal with the consequences from higher management which was rarely there. They paid very little for the work and responsibility that each department had to go through.