Sony Mobile Employee Reviews

Creative envirornment
Paralegal/Legal Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2016
Extensive interaction with senior executives and managers on a daily basis
Coordinated travel arrangements, prepared expense reports and handle basic administrative tasks such as telecommunication Facilitate and distribution of departmental communication and tasks daily with Human Resources, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Public Relations and Customer Service
Pros
Amazing employees
Cons
limited room for growth
Great work place
Senior Engineer, Systems (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 12, 2016
I really enjoyed working with Sony Mobile, its fun place to work, and nice location in Bay area. Team is good, and management was very supportive.
Interesting work culture, dedicated and innovative employees
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 19, 2016
Employees are treated with respect. The employees are among the smartest and most innovative I have worked with. This is a team culture.
Slow Moving
Middle Management (Current Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAFebruary 14, 2016
Death by a thousand cuts, slow moving company and management decision-making. Quite a lot of talented people, limited by the conservative approach to the market and product evolution
Good stable large group
Senior System Engineer (Former Employee) –  JPCJanuary 12, 2016
I worked many years and but its Hard to get good salary, if you are ok in this than its good place to work. Overall its large group and have lots of project
Pros
NA
Cons
not good in pay
Good Place to work but unstable these days
Senior System Engineer / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 12, 2016
I worked 9+ years in sony mobile, Mix Culture good benefits and it was good overall till 2014. because of strong challenges in mobile business from Apple, Samsung and other running with lots of restructuring and cost cutting. too much running on paper these days :(
Pros
Relax Way of working
Cons
Unable to fix internal problems
Great place to work!
Strategic Sourcing (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAOctober 12, 2015
The work atmosphere is great and the team I support is fabulous! Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The support I receive from my managers has been the best ever. They are easy to communicate with and always supportive and flexible.
Our Department was great place to create new ideas
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 7, 2015
Apps and Services department was a R&D "startup" department in a large corporation so we were able to explore many new technologies and processes.

I learned Agile development, Dev Ops, MEAN stack and AWS.

Management was great in our department. Our manager did a great job of staying out of the way while providing us everything to do our jobs.

Coworkers were the best part. Very bright dedicated people.

Upper management and their lack of vision and willingness to change was the hardest part of the job.

Again, coworkers were the most enjoyable part of the job and learning.
Pros
short commute, great healthcare
Cons
lack of progressiveness
culture
Sr. Manager of Workplace Solutions|Americas (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 11, 2015
work culture was very current with a deliverable versus hours worked mentality which was deteriorating as business climate got grim
Great teams, multi-national corporation challenges
Business Development, Games (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 26, 2015
Excellent teams and products in an extremely competitive industry. Comm, org, and political issues you would find at any global large-scale business. Though generally light on the political stuff.
Pros
Work/life balance, business latitude
Cons
Global coordination, legacy infrastructures
Systems Development and Field Team Support (Current Employee) –  AtlantaFebruary 11, 2015
The industry is fast paced and the office environment allow collaboration. Great to work, learned a lot from the different departments.
Pros
travel
Cons
office closing
Good technical challenges
Member of MIB (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 15, 2015
A good place to work in terms for technical content. Support phone launches in US operators. Environment is good, smart people to work with. Current business environment is not great specially in US.
Overall, fantastic Company
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaDecember 29, 2014
Sony Mobile in US, has a terrific work/life balance with flexibility in work hours, tremendous benefits package, and excellent career advancement opportunities. A wonderful creative environment to be a part of.
Pros
fresh fruit fridays, bagel tuesday, generous pto
Cons
closing the doors in atlanta and moving to california
Great company and friendly environment
Executve Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CASeptember 8, 2014
My 6 1/2 years with Sony Mobile has given me the pleasure to work in building strong relationships and to be a part of great team. Fun, love my parties, and to be there to assist their needs with confidence, and a smile to say " It's done". My overall review, is that I will miss them, and I hope to find another great company like Sony Mobile.
Pros
everyone is friendly
Cons
not enough time in the day
fun workplace
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CADecember 2, 2013
The management is really skilled below average, no career growth
low salary compare to other companies
Pros
gym
Cons
xx
Best First Job
Corporate Liason (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLOctober 18, 2013
I was able to work a long side corporate and legal departments. I was able to help advance technical writing for technical and customer service departments. I was able to work with other cultures due to my ability to communicate connect clearly.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
not much room for growth
Amazing Experience!
Logistics Manager - Americas Region (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2012
Best working experience ever in my career, great environment, great team, excellent benefits.
Good company to work
Systems Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  JPCJune 5, 2012
Its a usual 8-hour job with occasional overtime work when necessary. The start time is flexible as long as you complete 40-hours in a week. There is much to learn in the field of mobile communications. The hardest part of the job is when critical issues come up and the release date is already near. As in any company, you will receive some pressure as well as needed support from peers as well as immediate superiors. The most enjoyable part of the job is being well informed of the latest in the mobile industry.
positive energy, highly motivated, and to make new friends
Administrative Assistant, VP of Development (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 30, 2012
I enjoy interfacing with my co-workers everyday. They are pleasant and fun to work with. Every day is different with purchasing items for testing, to meetings and events. They count on me to get the job done quickly and to help solve many issues including problems with computers, contractors, status reports, HR issues, SAP training, and general questions pertaining to company policies and who to contact. The hardest part of my job is having to rely on someone else to provide me the information in a timely manner, especially if it's international. I am a "people person" and I enjoy helping out others at work and my home life. It's a good day for me if I can help someone make it better for them.
Pros
free lunch, gym memberships, 3wks vac, 2wks sick, flexible hrs, medical premiums are 100% paid by company, and stock options.
Cons
medical co-payments too high
Nice place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redwood shores, CaliforniaApril 10, 2012
Nice place to work, good experience of working with distributed teams