Sony Music

Sony Music Employer Reviews

A great job.
Group Leader/ Machine Operator (Former Employee), Pitman, NJJanuary 12, 2015
Was able to add a lot of different skill under my job experiences.
All positions was great and paid good.
Sony Manufacturing- 5 stars
Machine Operator/Inspector (Former Employee), Carrollton, GAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: no complaints
A great place to work. I enjoyed going to work every day and being with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job for me was just getting to the point where I felt comfortable learning a new job. The morale at Sony among the employees was great. Good company to work for.
Co-workers and supervisory staff were great!
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Carrollton, GADecember 30, 2014
Pros: able to obtain merchandise at reduced prices.
Cons: knowledge that outsourcing would take place and shut down department.
Good place to work. Supervisors were easy to work with. Able to learn as I worked.
DELIVERING MAIL/PACKAGES TO ASSIGNED FLOORS
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 3, 2014
VERY GOOD, HOW TO OPPERATE MAILROOM, AND ASSORT MAIL AND BOXES FROM INCOMMING AND UNLOADING TRUCKS. WORK WELL WITH CO-WORKERS.
Quick Paced and Lively
TOURING AND EVENTS DEPARTMENT INTERN (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYOctober 16, 2014
I learned how to use sony music's website that was utilized for bands that were on tour or had promotional events. I called venue's to purchase tickets for our departments, and organized finances when requested. The most enjoyable part of the internship was the non stop fast paced atmosphere, the hardest part was contacting venues and any one involved in the tour that were majorly unavailable. I learned a lot from the assistants because they were interns at first and they knew what I was going through.
Computer Operator
Computer Operator (Former Employee), Pitman, NJSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: intersting system migration to witness
Cons: short term contract position
Perform diagnostic tests to ensure optimal system functionality through system initiation procedures including power-up procedures and initial checkouts.
Review and monitor environmental factors such as power, temperature, and humidity are controlled.
Provide staff with services including mounting and dismounting tapes and disk packs, tape drive cleaning, printer maintenance, and bin maintenance.

Capture and manage system data backups and restore services during down times as well as emergency shutdown procedures.

Facilitate records administration by providing remote Job Entry (RJE) service.
Oversee operations management to support implementation of formal quality program requirements.
Configure disk drives, tape drives, and consoles upon request.
Update technical requests, posting output validity checking and, and printed output distribution.
Monitor quality control, data plotter operation, configuration of networked microcomputers, and printers, associated to system input and output.
Very friendly enviroment and nice place to work with team
Team Member/Onsite coordinator (Former Employee), lyndhurstSeptember 20, 2014
• Successfully managed complex projects with global implementation, and rapidly evolving requirements.
• Effective communication skills and record for coordination between globally located teams.
• Project delivery under stringent timelines and high pressure.
• Adept in providing Analytical Support to key business Applications /solutions
• Thorough Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), involved in various phases like Requirements, Analysis/Design, Development and Testing.
• Rich experience in translating Business requirements to understandable IT systems requirements and Implementing Methods & Procedures across the organization.
Forklift Operator
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Carrollton, GAJuly 30, 2014
I Would move product from one end of the warehouse to the other. I would also pull orders and take them to were they needed to go. I would also pull inventory for the packing lines.
Unorganized Low Pay
Audit Analyst (Current Employee), Lyndhurst, NJJuly 29, 2014
Overall atmosphere is good but the company as a whole seems unorganized and pay is much lower than one would expect.
An excellent company to work
Replication Specialist (Former Employee), Pitman, NJMay 27, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, four days off, yearly bar-b-cue, and getting together after work on our forth day and 30 min. breaks every 3 hrs.
Cons: 12 hour shifts and not having all weekends off
Sony Music had a very friendly atmosphere but also held its employees to the highest standard in product production. Excellent benefits and always made employees feel as important as the customers. It was hard to tell the mangement personnell from the general worker everyone worked as one to provide the best to our customers. The hardest part was the 12 hour shifts four days a week and the best part were the four (4) days off and the yearly bar-b-cues.
Not my favorite.
Line Lead (Former Employee), Carrollton, GAMay 26, 2014
Managing large orders and large numbers of workers. No benefits and no support from leadership.
Enjoyable, production and fun
IS&T Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2014
Pros: ability to work from home
Cons: no room for growth
A typical day at work intials checking our ticketing system Salesforce for inquiries and requests that have come in. I handled email inquiries as well as new hire and offboarding(someone who has left the company) requests. I handled various application requests as well. They range from SAP, Hyperion, Citrix, CDS, Hummingbird etc. I learned to be more analytical and patient. As well as adpating to change quickly. There was never a dull moment at work. I enjoyed working with my cowokers because we worked as a team when there was any issues going on and had a good time doing it. My management was just as help. They were always there to answer questions as will as gudie me in troubleshooting and problem solving issues on my own with the skills I have. The hardest part of my job was the fact that there was no room for growth. The tasks pilled up and were learned, however, I was still at the same positon I started in. On the flipside, the most enjoyable part of work was knowing that once the day started, there was always something new to learn and work through. I enjoy my coworkers and team mindset that was displayed daily.
productive and fun place to work
Printing Machine Operator (Former Employee), Carrollton, GAMay 7, 2014
great benefit and training program, You always had the opportunity to further your education or your family. good insurance and 401 program.
Good job not far from home
Production Line Operator (Former Employee), Pitman, NJApril 14, 2014
Pros: worked 12 hour shifts and the job wasn't hard.
Cons: getting laid off at least twice a year.
Had to go on unemployment every few months when production was slow.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pitman, NJMarch 13, 2014
Assistant to Director of Purchasing. Created daily inventory reports of CDs.
Great place to work, but in a declining and rapidly changing industry
Director - US Field Sales/Operations (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2014
Great place to work, but in a declining and rapidly changing industry.
Newest Technology at your fingtips
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee), Pitman, NJFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: clean, new science
Wonderful time working with latest technology and interacting with new trends.
left company for bigger challenge
Electrical / Mechanic (Former Employee), Pitman, NJJanuary 25, 2014
good place to start working. learned alot working there. company still in business.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Carrollton, GAJanuary 20, 2014
Cons: short breaks
go in get ready when the forklift drivers bring in your your stack of stuff un wrap sit up the line and start your day hardest part when some one get be hind you have to help and work faster
fun and fast passed
warehouse associate (Former Employee), Pitman, NJOctober 3, 2013
it was a good job to work at for the most part, very fast passed , its too bad the company went out of business