Sony Pictures Employee Reviews

Horrible environment
Manager, Publicity & Promotions (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 19, 2017
No support from management. departments dont know what each other are doing. old boys club in full effect and dont have an independant thought.That just doesnt work there
Pros
good pay
Cons
horrible environment
Sony pics
Timekeeper payroll (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Typical day at Sony is relaxed and quiet. There is much to do and as long as you complete your tasks correctly you will be very happy there.
It is awesome working for the entertainment world.
Pros
benefits, great parties
Cons
na
Passionate workplace
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Surrounded by individuals who were passionate about their roles in the entertainment industry. It was a very memorable experience and management did a great job in mentoring.
Good jump-start for a career in the entertainment industry
Analyst, Sales Communication/Third Party Business (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Co-workers are a pleasure to work with. Top-down pressure from management can be a little much. Learning the role can be a little vague at times, but learning comes with progression and hands-on experience.
Company Within A Company
Senior Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 18, 2016
Even though Sony Pictures is a large corporation, the groups were largely autonomous and were allowed to be run in any way the managers saw fit. This created a little bit of confusion across the board at the C-level but it made for a great working environment day-to-day.
Productive and fast pace work experience
Studio Emporium Photographer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 23, 2016
Work was always fun. I looked forward to going to work everyday I was scheduled. Setting was fast paced with photoshoots running ever half hour, usually four in total. I learned a few things about photographing people that I hadn't known before and a good deal of customer service.
Quality Independent Film Distributor
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2016
A small division of Sony Pictures, Sony Pictures Classics was a great place to work filled with kind and knowledgeable film loving people. A great place to start a career in film.
A career mostly from one Company
Sales Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CA and Culver CityOctober 31, 2016
I worked on a wonderful lot in Culver City with a gym, eateries and theaters. Most of the employees and I had been there a long time in our particular office. I knew them almost as much as family. Buy the start of 2014, we knew our jobs were being sent to the Phillipines, Poland and Mumbai. I miss the people I worked with so long. Some have retired (whether they could afford to or not) and others have sought out employment elsewhere with various success.
While I was there, I felt secure. However, the good old days don't last forever.
Pros
free bbq's on Wednesdays
Cons
layoffs
Flexible work life and fun environment
Intern QA Tester (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 26, 2016
Flexble timings and co-operative work environment.
Free friday Sony movies
Big Sony campus and studios to watch out for.
Supportive colleagues and senior leadership.
Sony
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 22, 2016
great people. Lot's of fun to work there. Excellent content produced by the studio. Would not hesitate to endorse the place for someone to work there.
Overall excellent company, fun work
Executive Director, Creative Advertising (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 8, 2016
Overall excellent company, fun work. Benefits are good, support with technological equipment is good, Work environment overall is good. Some turbulence due to hack and work flow.
Great experience
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 15, 2016
Taking photos of customers about to attend the studio tour was amazing. The head photographer knows exactly what he's doing and how to help you improve.
Pros
Sony Pictures, great pay, amazing environment
Good company
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 2, 2016
Enjoyed my years at this company. Good benefits, including medical, dental and 401K. There are plenty of opportunities for growth and promotion.
It was a great experience !
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 1, 2016
I really loved working at Sony but I was hired as a contractor to be part of the App restoration team.
I learned to configure servers and database servers for applications.
A major film and TV studio located in Culver City.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 19, 2016
At times it has ranked as one of the top studios, but for the past several years it has been on a decline. It is in need of some changes and a turn-around from it's current trajectory.
Great benefits
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2016
I am currently doing a my internship and its a great company to work in because the people are very nice even though I have not really had a lot of contact with other departments. It is a company that offers opportunity to grow within and contributes to their employee's education.
Awesome lot to work on. Great talented co-workers and mngmnt
Sr. Colorist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 1, 2016
Loved working at Sony Pics. The facility was technilogically forward looking. The staff was strong and collaborative. The teamwork was great. Miss working there.
Fun place to work with movie studio perks
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 17, 2016
General IT operations role. Dealt with close cycles and IT projects. Worked across multiple lines of business. Different technology was being implemented all the time. Co-workers were generally cooperative. Typical day at work was a mix of troubleshooting common issues and implementing a new solution.
Pros
Discounts on Sony products
Cons
Office Politics
Awesome experience
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 13, 2016
Sony is a huge organization with many departments. Any opportunity you get to work at SONY is experience of a lifetime. The benefits are great, but the perks are the best ever. The job can be demanding, personalities are big and you may need thick skin or be a quick learner. SONY Pictures, was the best job I've ever held. Love every part of it.
Pros
Benefits and Perks
Cons
fast paced and demanded
Very productive and fun place to work!
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2016
Unbelievable experience. I love to work for the studios. Great environment, and great team work. Such an incredible opportunity to grow and actually feel the corporate world in a very fun and interesting way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony Pictures. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2