Sony Pictures Employee Reviews

Its a industru at intertaiment of course the we have to do it everything strite
Driver / Lab (Former Employee) –  Its locaded at LA californiaNovember 14, 2017
Very good job anytime do you want to call sick we can does and we are represent by union labor teamster 399 at for driver industry comercial ..And Saturday on our day off Sony have a team of softball to represent at our lovely company at few words it was the best company a have on my life..
Pros
Free samples of new promotion movie allows
Cons
Break after 3 hours plus lunchs
Great Place
Courier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 7, 2017
The environment at Sony was relaxing, enjoyable and a great pleasant to work at. I've learned that the entertainment business is so much fun to work in.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Pay was not what i expected
Good Employer, offers plenty of advancement opportunities!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 6, 2017
Good place to work for, talented personnel, great learning environment, fun annual activities, accessible and approachable management team, great benefits and overall great environment to work in.
Pros
benefits, work environment
Cons
work life balance
Trash
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 6, 2017
Besides making trash movies this place was trash. nothing about it screamed amazing and the people you work with and pricks and don't show you how to do anything at the end of the day find a better job
Good studio with great pay
Painter (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 2, 2017
It was a very stressful studio with not much social interaction. They separated everyone in cubicles in the dark. Felt very isolated.
A lot of hours but the quality of the work and pay were excellent.
Pros
great pay
Sony Employment
Director (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 30, 2017
This used to be a great place to work, but now it's very negative. I would hope that a senior management change will change the attitude of all of the employees.
A very organized, friendly and fair workplace.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 27, 2017
I worked steady hours Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5pm. The work consist of cleaning, repairing anything that was damaged or broken from light fixtures to doors. The workplace was very diverse and a very friendly and positive atmosphere; everyone got along very well. There wasn't any difficult task that I couldn't handle. I enjoyed working with my peers.
A decent entertainment company
Senior Participations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 15, 2017
Sony Pictures is a decent entertainment company and most of the people you interact with are friendly and cordial.

The working environment is akin to being on a university campus, with amenities aplenty and an abundance of activities, if you choose to partake in them.
Great place to work, maybe once in a lifetime.
Lead Dispatcher, Courier Services (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 28, 2017
My day started by going to the on site gym. Opening up the at about 7am. Reviewing work from the night before. Answering e-mails and faxes. Setting up work for couriers. I learned patience & to anticipate client needs. Great place to work. Everyone is very nice & friendly. Hardest part of the job was sometimes dealing with management.
Pros
Campus type atmosphere, gym, medical, dental, eateries, everything on one campus.
Cons
Supervisors, management not very open to new ideas.
Product and fun place to work with many forms of entertainment
Sr. Project Manager / Senior Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 26, 2017
A typical workday starts out having an apple and coffee provided by the company, followed by a short catchup chat with my manager.
This is immediately followed by a quick standup meeting with the offshore development team and the current product owner of the project we are currently working on.
The hardest part of this job is coordinating efforts across two or more world time zones
A Roll of the Dice
Senior Digital Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2017
It's remarkable just how much your immediate working relationships can impact the quality of your work life, and Sony is no different.

Overall, the company is a pleasant place to be. If you enjoy a pleasant, Californian work environment you'll feel very comfortable here. If you have any sort of ambition or aim to be "#1" in anything, you may find yourself disappointed as Sony's culture prevents the organization from being anything other than superbly average. This has much to do with the top-heavy management structure (full of leaders who are too old and lazy to understand modern technology and how it's used or how it's built).

Most importantly though, and the reason Sony Pictures will continue to be a middling organization that will eventually be steamrolled by Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and Disney is that their process is backwards. Whereas a company like Disney starts with evocative, emotional and compelling story as the driver for decisions, Sony first hunts for money and then finds a logical business justification which then informs content.

Sony, very simply put, no longer "starts with why." And that reason alone is the reason the entire organization will eventually succumb to companies with strong missions that can recruit impressive talent and produce works of art (content, product, technology or otherwise) that will define history.
Pros
Cushy surroundings, polite coworkers
Cons
Poor compensation, no real strategy, no concrete evocative mission, rough management
Fun and great place to work.
On-Air Creative Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 21, 2017
Great place to work at. The people are amazing. They have a great commissary and working environment is awesome. Very talented and professional. The experience really shows in the work culture.
Cons
I hate being forced to write these -
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 8, 2017
You want to know more about it - use your network on linkedin - and ask around - you will find out quickly how good or bad it is :) Simple enough, right ? :)
Import/export documentation assistant
Import/Export Documentation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inwood, NYSeptember 7, 2017
Import/Export Documentation Assistant
Responsibilities: -Prepared invoices for shipping department
-Provided import/export data for correspondence coming in and out of department.
Pros
It was steady and quiet.
Cons
It was a long commute
New management sucks.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 31, 2017
14 year veteran employee. Chewed up and spit out. No recourse for employees with more than 12 years under their belt.

They love the young straight out of college type that will stick around for a max of 4 to 5 years. They can pay them a lot less.
Pros
Festivities, free food, exercise or play basketball with movie stars, relaxed atmosphere, a lot going on. Very hip culture.
Cons
They could care less about you, So many friends that I've worked with or known for over a decade have all been laid off, No recourse whatsoever, There are other companies who will give employees with tenure first dibs at jobs, Not SPE good luck.
Productive and fun
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 24, 2017
Great place to work! Great people! Opportunity for growth. Easy going atmosphere. Paid time off. Nice people. Helpful co-workers. Overall, good corporate demeanor.
Great platform
PRODUCTION/DEVELOPMENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Culver CityAugust 21, 2017
Loved working here as an intern during my college days. My supervisor took the time to explain the reason behind the tasks given to me, which provided many insights about the industry I never knew.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Director (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 16, 2017
Imageworks is different from Sony Pictures over all but it was a fun place to work. The hours were occasionally long because we were always doing things which were never done before but it was always fun.
Pros
challenging work, blockbuster movies
Cons
service driven work. Uncertainty
Exciting. Intense.
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 13, 2017
Strange energy in my department. Everyone seemed scared, on edge and desperate. Probably just life in corporate America. But it left me exhausted at the end of the day.

Still, I stayed 4 years and loved the people I worked with!

Good luck!
Pros
Great commissary! Fun place to got to work (Culver lot).
Cons
Quarrelsome. Somewhat phony.
Writer
Screenwriter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 5, 2017
Great experience would recommend to any one on the come up. So much history so much love for the films that were made there. Everybody's gotta work hard to get what they want
Pros
Free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony Pictures. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2