Sony Pictures Employee Reviews

A career mostly from one Company
Sales Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CA and Culver CityOctober 31, 2016
I worked on a wonderful lot in Culver City with a gym, eateries and theaters. Most of the employees and I had been there a long time in our particular office. I knew them almost as much as family. Buy the start of 2014, we knew our jobs were being sent to the Phillipines, Poland and Mumbai. I miss the people I worked with so long. Some have retired (whether they could afford to or not) and others have sought out employment elsewhere with various success.
While I was there, I felt secure. However, the good old days don't last forever.
Pros
free bbq's on Wednesdays
Cons
layoffs
Productive and fast pace work experience
Studio Emporium Photographer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 23, 2016
Work was always fun. I looked forward to going to work everyday I was scheduled. Setting was fast paced with photoshoots running ever half hour, usually four in total. I learned a few things about photographing people that I hadn't known before and a good deal of customer service.
Fun place to work with movie studio perks
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 17, 2016
General IT operations role. Dealt with close cycles and IT projects. Worked across multiple lines of business. Different technology was being implemented all the time. Co-workers were generally cooperative. Typical day at work was a mix of troubleshooting common issues and implementing a new solution.
Pros
Discounts on Sony products
Cons
Office Politics
Awesome experience
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 13, 2016
Sony is a huge organization with many departments. Any opportunity you get to work at SONY is experience of a lifetime. The benefits are great, but the perks are the best ever. The job can be demanding, personalities are big and you may need thick skin or be a quick learner. SONY Pictures, was the best job I've ever held. Love every part of it.
Pros
Benefits and Perks
Cons
fast paced and demanded
Overall excellent company, fun work
Executive Director, Creative Advertising (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 8, 2016
Overall excellent company, fun work. Benefits are good, support with technological equipment is good, Work environment overall is good. Some turbulence due to hack and work flow.
Great benefits
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2016
I am currently doing a my internship and its a great company to work in because the people are very nice even though I have not really had a lot of contact with other departments. It is a company that offers opportunity to grow within and contributes to their employee's education.
Quality Independent Film Distributor
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2016
A small division of Sony Pictures, Sony Pictures Classics was a great place to work filled with kind and knowledgeable film loving people. A great place to start a career in film.
Flexible work life and fun environment
Intern QA Tester (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 26, 2016
Flexble timings and co-operative work environment.
Free friday Sony movies
Big Sony campus and studios to watch out for.
Supportive colleagues and senior leadership.
Interesting and fun place to work
Senior Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 15, 2016
The work is interesting and there are many opportunities to learn new skills. The days fly by due to a near constant workload which is good for me but may not appeal to others. My co-workers are top notch team players and most have been with Sony for five plus years.
Pros
Lots of perks: Employee discounts on product, weekly employee happy hours, on-site gym free to employees, free movie screenings, good benefits
Cons
The IT department leaves little to be desired. Too many chiefs all doing their own thing.
Great experience
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 15, 2016
Taking photos of customers about to attend the studio tour was amazing. The head photographer knows exactly what he's doing and how to help you improve.
Pros
Sony Pictures, great pay, amazing environment
Audio Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 10, 2016
It is great to come into a place where you are appreciated for your hard work and dedication. I've learned to always keep learning more and never get comfortable. To keep striving for better. The management were nice, My co-workers were amazing. Great people to spend 10 hours a day with. Very helpful and great team players . The most enjoyable part about the job is completing the work and making the clients happy.
A major film and TV studio located in Culver City.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 19, 2016
At times it has ranked as one of the top studios, but for the past several years it has been on a decline. It is in need of some changes and a turn-around from it's current trajectory.
It was a great experience !
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 1, 2016
I really loved working at Sony but I was hired as a contractor to be part of the App restoration team.
I learned to configure servers and database servers for applications.
Awesome lot to work on. Great talented co-workers and mngmnt
Sr. Colorist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 1, 2016
Loved working at Sony Pics. The facility was technilogically forward looking. The staff was strong and collaborative. The teamwork was great. Miss working there.
Sony
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 22, 2016
great people. Lot's of fun to work there. Excellent content produced by the studio. Would not hesitate to endorse the place for someone to work there.
Very productive and fun place to work!
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2016
Unbelievable experience. I love to work for the studios. Great environment, and great team work. Such an incredible opportunity to grow and actually feel the corporate world in a very fun and interesting way.
Very interesting place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 28, 2016
I've been working at Sony Pictures Entertainment in finance for about 7 months on a contracted assignment and overall have enjoyed the experience up to this point. The work environment is very friendly and everybody is naturally easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job has to be the fact that long hours and staying overtime is the norm and it's unusual to leave on time from day to day, but the work environment is good so the experience isn't a miserable one. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that this is an entertainment company so on any given day something might be filming and it's amazing to see how some of the things work in this company.
Pros
Onsite gym, screenings of movies, etc.
Cons
Long hours, busy location
Good company
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 2, 2016
Enjoyed my years at this company. Good benefits, including medical, dental and 401K. There are plenty of opportunities for growth and promotion.
productive, long hours, good money
Location Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2016
work hours were long, a lot of late nights but very worth it.
I worked with good people and would say i was an active team member.
I would work on different movies and shows and that was a great learning experience
The long hours was probably the hardest thing about the job.
Really great work life balance
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2016
This will be a great studio once all of the restructuring and layoffs stop. Sony has a very laid back culture when compared to the other studios. Great place to work when you have a family.
Pros
Happy hours on the lot and a nice gym with free classes!
Cons
Almost every year the studio has layoffs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony Pictures. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3