Sony Pictures Employee Reviews

Sony had great health benefits.
Manager of Contract Administration (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 6, 2017
It all depends on the group of people you work with. Management was passive aggressive. However, the studio was very generous when there were box office successes.
Pros
Depending on Management, the rewards were sometimes fair.
Cons
Raises were not consistent accross the board. If your boss liked you, then you were taken care of.
Sony pics
Timekeeper payroll (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Typical day at Sony is relaxed and quiet. There is much to do and as long as you complete your tasks correctly you will be very happy there.
It is awesome working for the entertainment world.
Pros
benefits, great parties
Cons
na
Overall excellent company, fun work
Executive Director, Creative Advertising (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 8, 2016
Overall excellent company, fun work. Benefits are good, support with technological equipment is good, Work environment overall is good. Some turbulence due to hack and work flow.
Good company
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 2, 2016
Enjoyed my years at this company. Good benefits, including medical, dental and 401K. There are plenty of opportunities for growth and promotion.
Awesome experience
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 13, 2016
Sony is a huge organization with many departments. Any opportunity you get to work at SONY is experience of a lifetime. The benefits are great, but the perks are the best ever. The job can be demanding, personalities are big and you may need thick skin or be a quick learner. SONY Pictures, was the best job I've ever held. Love every part of it.
Pros
Benefits and Perks
Cons
fast paced and demanded
Interesting and fun place to work
Senior Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 15, 2016
The work is interesting and there are many opportunities to learn new skills. The days fly by due to a near constant workload which is good for me but may not appeal to others. My co-workers are top notch team players and most have been with Sony for five plus years.
Pros
Lots of perks: Employee discounts on product, weekly employee happy hours, on-site gym free to employees, free movie screenings, good benefits
Cons
The IT department leaves little to be desired. Too many chiefs all doing their own thing.
Company performance
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 29, 2016
Company has brand recognition but high-level management lacks creativity, resulting in poor performance of product delivery. Team spirit and morale has been low recently due to outsourcing.
Benefits
Cons
work/life balance
A career mostly from one Company
Sales Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CA and Culver CityOctober 31, 2016
I worked on a wonderful lot in Culver City with a gym, eateries and theaters. Most of the employees and I had been there a long time in our particular office. I knew them almost as much as family. Buy the start of 2014, we knew our jobs were being sent to the Phillipines, Poland and Mumbai. I miss the people I worked with so long. Some have retired (whether they could afford to or not) and others have sought out employment elsewhere with various success.
While I was there, I felt secure. However, the good old days don't last forever.
Pros
free bbq's on Wednesdays
Cons
layoffs
Good jump-start for a career in the entertainment industry
Analyst, Sales Communication/Third Party Business (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Co-workers are a pleasure to work with. Top-down pressure from management can be a little much. Learning the role can be a little vague at times, but learning comes with progression and hands-on experience.
Good Experience
Sales Planner (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 23, 2016
Nice co workers and environment. Average management. Lack of communications from RH. Nice extra activities off work. Good benefits
Pros
Free sodas and snacks
Cons
No cons
Horrible environment
Manager, Publicity & Promotions (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 19, 2017
No support from management. departments dont know what each other are doing. old boys club in full effect and dont have an independant thought.That just doesnt work there
Pros
good pay
Cons
horrible environment
Passionate workplace
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Surrounded by individuals who were passionate about their roles in the entertainment industry. It was a very memorable experience and management did a great job in mentoring.
Quality Independent Film Distributor
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2016
A small division of Sony Pictures, Sony Pictures Classics was a great place to work filled with kind and knowledgeable film loving people. A great place to start a career in film.
Productive and fast pace work experience
Studio Emporium Photographer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 23, 2016
Work was always fun. I looked forward to going to work everyday I was scheduled. Setting was fast paced with photoshoots running ever half hour, usually four in total. I learned a few things about photographing people that I hadn't known before and a good deal of customer service.
Company Within A Company
Senior Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 18, 2016
Even though Sony Pictures is a large corporation, the groups were largely autonomous and were allowed to be run in any way the managers saw fit. This created a little bit of confusion across the board at the C-level but it made for a great working environment day-to-day.
Productive, excellent benefits with great perks, wonderful staff with creative talent.
Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 26, 2015
This is a great company to work for. It has excellent benefits, great perks, and a wonderful staff with lots of smart creative talent and employees.

The people here are hard workers who get the job done in any area of work or position they may hold. Meeting day to day deadlines, managing work, or making decisions and suggestions about future endeavors gives each employee freedom and opportunity for growth.

A typical day at work can take you all across the Lot, meeting with attorneys, actors, writers, directors and producers to discuss the business at hand or, a new movie discussed in a think tank while viewing a new product produced.

Most of the people that work here have a background in the entertainment business industry, or other special talents.

The hardest part of the job was seeing the company downsize and the most enjoyable part is having the freedom to do the job without micromanagement and enjoying everything this company has to offer.
Not a good place to work.
Archive Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 31, 2015
I don't have alot of nice things to say about the company. I've met some wonderful, hardworking people but in terms of growth and reward, I feel there is little hope or chance.
Pros
Occasionally there will be a screening that will be interesting to see.
Cons
No true vacation time, raises have been on hold for all employees for two year, moving up is based on nepotism or luck, management is unqualified for their roles, hardwork is not rewarded, executives poor decisions, the hack
Wonderful place to work!
FINANCE COORDINATOR / PROCARD ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 20, 2015
A typical day at work involved running/submitting financial reports, analyzing data, corresponding with vendors and business units and meeting with my boss and department to discuss project goals. I enjoyed my position, as I had a lot of autonomy and felt productive and knowledgeable. The best part of my job was corresponding and assisting business units and customers, as well as collaborating with my department. The company morale was high and it appeared evident that employees enjoyed and appreciated working at Sony.
Pros
Great work environment, company implements life-work balance initiatives, amazing benefits/401K, etc., amazing employees and culture, great pay, plenty of company activities and events
Sony Pictures Entertainment is one of the best Companies to work for!
Director of Motion Picture Production Finance (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 27, 2015
Working in the Motion Picture Department at Sony was always fast paced and full of excitement! It was always great to collaborate with the many Departments involved in creating and making a Movie! My Colleagues varied from Directors, Producers, Executives, Accountants, and the Crew hired to work on each Film, and it was a rewarding experience working with such brilliant Individuals! The most challenging part of my daily work experience was not having enough hours in the day to get everything done! This job has taught me to have tenacity, patience, boldness and to become a "go getter"!
Pros
Great Benefits
Flexible work life and fun environment
Intern QA Tester (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 26, 2016
Flexble timings and co-operative work environment.
Free friday Sony movies
Big Sony campus and studios to watch out for.
Supportive colleagues and senior leadership.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony Pictures. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2