Sony Pictures Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome experience
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 13, 2016
Sony is a huge organization with many departments. Any opportunity you get to work at SONY is experience of a lifetime. The benefits are great, but the perks are the best ever. The job can be demanding, personalities are big and you may need thick skin or be a quick learner. SONY Pictures, was the best job I've ever held. Love every part of it.
Pros
Benefits and Perks
Cons
fast paced and demanded
Fun place to work with movie studio perks
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 17, 2016
General IT operations role. Dealt with close cycles and IT projects. Worked across multiple lines of business. Different technology was being implemented all the time. Co-workers were generally cooperative. Typical day at work was a mix of troubleshooting common issues and implementing a new solution.
Pros
Discounts on Sony products
Cons
Office Politics
Interesting and fun place to work
Senior Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 15, 2016
The work is interesting and there are many opportunities to learn new skills. The days fly by due to a near constant workload which is good for me but may not appeal to others. My co-workers are top notch team players and most have been with Sony for five plus years.
Pros
Lots of perks: Employee discounts on product, weekly employee happy hours, on-site gym free to employees, free movie screenings, good benefits
Cons
The IT department leaves little to be desired. Too many chiefs all doing their own thing.
Audio Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 10, 2016
It is great to come into a place where you are appreciated for your hard work and dedication. I've learned to always keep learning more and never get comfortable. To keep striving for better. The management were nice, My co-workers were amazing. Great people to spend 10 hours a day with. Very helpful and great team players . The most enjoyable part about the job is completing the work and making the clients happy.
Very interesting place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 28, 2016
I've been working at Sony Pictures Entertainment in finance for about 7 months on a contracted assignment and overall have enjoyed the experience up to this point. The work environment is very friendly and everybody is naturally easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job has to be the fact that long hours and staying overtime is the norm and it's unusual to leave on time from day to day, but the work environment is good so the experience isn't a miserable one. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that this is an entertainment company so on any given day something might be filming and it's amazing to see how some of the things work in this company.
Pros
Onsite gym, screenings of movies, etc.
Cons
Long hours, busy location
Great benefits
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2016
I am currently doing a my internship and its a great company to work in because the people are very nice even though I have not really had a lot of contact with other departments. It is a company that offers opportunity to grow within and contributes to their employee's education.
productive, long hours, good money
Location Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2016
work hours were long, a lot of late nights but very worth it.
I worked with good people and would say i was an active team member.
I would work on different movies and shows and that was a great learning experience
The long hours was probably the hardest thing about the job.
Very productive and fun place to work!
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2016
Unbelievable experience. I love to work for the studios. Great environment, and great team work. Such an incredible opportunity to grow and actually feel the corporate world in a very fun and interesting way.
Really great work life balance
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2016
This will be a great studio once all of the restructuring and layoffs stop. Sony has a very laid back culture when compared to the other studios. Great place to work when you have a family.
Pros
Happy hours on the lot and a nice gym with free classes!
Cons
Almost every year the studio has layoffs.
A major film and TV studio located in Culver City.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 19, 2016
At times it has ranked as one of the top studios, but for the past several years it has been on a decline. It is in need of some changes and a turn-around from it's current trajectory.
Awesome lot to work on. Great talented co-workers and mngmnt
Sr. Colorist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 1, 2016
Loved working at Sony Pics. The facility was technilogically forward looking. The staff was strong and collaborative. The teamwork was great. Miss working there.
Company performance
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 29, 2016
Company has brand recognition but high-level management lacks creativity, resulting in poor performance of product delivery. Team spirit and morale has been low recently due to outsourcing.
Benefits
Cons
work/life balance
Sony Pictures Entertainment
People & Organization / Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 31, 2015
As a recruiting coordinator, I connected with candidates and managers to schedule interviews and then escorted candidates during their interviews across the studio lot. Coworkers are pleasant and overall culture of Sony is relaxed.
Pros
The environment, company culture, free food
Cons
Lack of upward movement. Top heavy, bottom light
A relaxing environment, no pressure or rushing to complete of projects
Systems Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2016
In the IT dept there werent any co workers, just people at the center interested in having conversation. The always asked questions about technology they had and or were thinking of purchasing.
Fun place to work
Human Resources Coordinator Consultant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 8, 2016
Fun place to work but privacy is an issue, as your coworkers tend to get in your personal business a lot. Had fun a this company for a little bit of the time I worked there.
Good Experience
Sales Planner (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 23, 2016
Nice co workers and environment. Average management. Lack of communications from RH. Nice extra activities off work. Good benefits
Pros
Free sodas and snacks
Cons
No cons
Good place to work.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Enjoyed working there. I recommend it for people who are interested in the entertainment industry. Great staff and community, you will definitely be happy here.
Not a good place to work.
Archive Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 31, 2015
I don't have alot of nice things to say about the company. I've met some wonderful, hardworking people but in terms of growth and reward, I feel there is little hope or chance.
Pros
Occasionally there will be a screening that will be interesting to see.
Cons
No true vacation time, raises have been on hold for all employees for two year, moving up is based on nepotism or luck, management is unqualified for their roles, hardwork is not rewarded, executives poor decisions, the hack
Wonderful company
Production Manager - Intl Client Operations (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 13, 2015
I really enjoyed Sony and both management and co-workers. There was room to advance and they really cared about their employees. Unfortunately family matters pulled me away from full-time work that was far from home.
Interesting project
External Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2015
I cannot review Sony pictures to a significant extend, as i was an external consultant and did not have a chance to "feel' the company.
Pros
Interesting project
Cons
??

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony Pictures. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2