Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures Employer Reviews

Wonderful place to work
Expense Management Clerk (Current Employee), Culver CityApril 21, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: laying employees off
A typical day a Sony Pictures is a wonderful experience, we have employee resource groups in which I am currently a executive board member.

We have training classes to enhance and keep your skills marketable.

Benefits were paid for.
An entertainment city one-stop-shop magic-land.
Assistant to VP's of SAP Global Support (Former Employee), Culver City, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: the people were very personable and smart.
Cons: my background wasn't fit for the particular career path i was headed towards.
I always wanted to work at a studio. The people and environment was very enjoyable and 3 years went by verrrry quickly.
One of my favorite jobs
OFFICE MANAGER/EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), culver city, caApril 4, 2014
I would like to work at Sony again... the only problem was, my boss liked me and wanted to keep me so I could never advance.
Great Company
Finance/Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Culver City, CAApril 3, 2014
Very good company to work for. The work life balance is well maintained. Employees and staff are very knowledgeable.
Good Team Lead and Manager.
QA Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Culver City, CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: good team lead and manager.
Sound and professional.
Learning in progress.
Good Team Lead and Manager.
Recognition was not given enough to the QA Team.
A Fast Paced Company with Great Culture
Media and Talent Relations Assistant (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 17, 2014
Mornings were the busiest time of day
The network here is incredible
Beautiful offices and great commissary
Plenty of vacation time and holiday breaks
Great company pride
Enjoyable to work with talent
Good workplace, but constant cutbacks took its toll
Title Manager (Former Employee), Culver CityFebruary 10, 2014
They promote a good work/life balance and listen to employee feedback, but drastic cutbacks in benefits really took its toll on the team
Very stressfull workplace with a warm atmosphere
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Culver City, CAFebruary 3, 2014
The collaboration among coworkers is at its peak at Sony. It is a team-oriented working place which is very helpful for any a new employee. Supervisors always tend to be teachers first before order givers .
Excellent Company in reference to employee benefits, health and well-being.
Sr. Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJanuary 29, 2014
I loved my position at Sony. I also really got along well with immediate management and co-workers. Not so much with the next level up.
Large Company, Little Pay
Participations Analyst, Television Division (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: free screenings
Cons: pay was low, company too large
I was part of the union. It was different than regular employees, but for some reason I had union benefits. Somewhat complicated since such a large company, easy to fall in the cracks.
Wonderful People and a company cares about great work
Project Coordinator, Television Marketing (Current Employee), Culver City, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: benefits include healthcare and athletic center facilities, on-site eateries
Cons: recent cutbacks, difficult to move up quickly, limited hiring for support positions.
One of the greatest places I've worked, with no two days the same. In Television Marketing, I focused on making sure all video-related Marketing materials were in top shape for distribution and promotions and always had a fun, supportive, creative team to work with. At times it is difficult to get headcount approved for additional help, so you're always – more... wearing many hats, but all in all the people there make it possible.

In the past year or so, there have been some sizable cutbacks, particularly in regards to workplace culture (fewer organized department events, catered meetings reduced unless executives higher than VP are present, perks like stocked soft drink pantry and monthly office birthday breakfasts done away with entirely), but I'm confident that those will return at some point. – less
Great Company - but very corporate
Rights Management Counsel (Former Employee), Culver City, CADecember 24, 2013
Pros: nice view, fun people
Cons: very strict corporate culture, no advancement because no one leaves
A great company to work for. However, it is very corporate so you must know your place and at the same time know how to work office politics if you want to either keep your job or advance. There is not so much "work your way to the top", but "hustle your way to the top".
WORSE COMPANY I EVER WORKED FOR!!
Sony Pictures TV (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 19, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
This place is a joke. High School cliques. Mean girls. Laziness. NO leadership. Bullying. People using slurs. Women wearing shorts and high heels to WORK!! The tighter and shorter your skirt the further you will probably get. Also, if you go to HR they will tell you, you & the person that have the problem, go fix it alone....we are not getting involved. – more... Isn't that what HR is supposed to be there for? To mediate? Not here...beware and make sure you get what your salary will be because they promised me something and after I gave my notice at my job and talked to them again the lowered my number. Good luck in that cesspool. – less
Working Environment is very good
Java Developer (Former Employee), CAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: team members are very helpful
Cons: nothing
Working Environment is very good. Team members are very helpful
Its ok but I would look elsewhere if you want to go up in the company and find new positions.
shipping clerk and production coordiantor . (Former Employee), Culver, INSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: a job
Cons: so many..we shall talk later....
Its really a strange place. They have jobs that they need filled yet they do not look at people on the lot that need to fill them and would want to fill them. Its really a tough place to work and make a living.
Great Experience
ProTools - Dialogue Editor / Final Cut Pro Editor (Former Employee), Culver City, CASeptember 10, 2013
Wonderfully creative job on a funny show. Loved my job. I learned a lot about protools and dialogue editing.
Productive company
Assistant to the Vice President of Sales (Former Employee), Los AngelesSeptember 2, 2013
Customer service skills is absolutely necessary. Most enjoyable part of job is the many different people that you can meet and interact with.
EA
Executive Assistant to VP (Former Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 29, 2013
Coordinated and prioritized daily activities for V.P. Created and maintained distribution system for monthly financial reports. Handled staff relocation and arranged for computer access. Collaborated with all departments on special projects and events.
Friendly Work Enviroment
Facilities Call Center Clerk (Current Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 26, 2013
The work is fun to do and not stressful, but management is lazy and no job security
Productive and a great place to work
Emergency Operations Coordinator/Operator (Current Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 19, 2013
Working at Sony has many perks for instance, when there are new movies out that Sony distributes, employees get to see them for free. Sony is great place to advance. I recommend Sony to anyone.

1 2 3

About Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a movie-making monster. The producer of Godzilla¬†is a unit of¬†Sony Corporation of America, – Read more