Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures Employer Reviews

Celebrate community heroes and changing lives on The Queen Latifah Show
Affiliate Relations Manager (Current Employee), Culver City, CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: building strong relationships with stations
Cons: television shows don't last forever
Being the Affiliate Relations Manager at "The Queen Latifah Show, I'm responsible for all affiliate marketing needs for the show. My role is to be the liaison between Sony Pictures Television, "The Queen Latifah Show" and local affiliates to execute and support marketing needs in the local markets.

I enjoy working with our affiliates by exploring stories – more... in their community that would be great segments for "The Queen Latifah Show." I also enjoy finding fantastic tie-in opportunities that stations can use for their local programming.

Working in Television can be challenging because viewers have so many options to chose from but it's a challenge that myself and "The Queen Latifah Show" staff accepts daily. Everyone is hard working, creative and at the end of the day our common goal is to create content that viewers can relate to, feel inspired and be entertained. – less
Fun Workplace
Finance Intern (Former Employee), Culver City, CANovember 10, 2014
Good company culture and management and they train you well.
Web Developer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2014
• Extensively used event handling and data binding. Developed custom components, custom CSS as per the business requirements.
• Remotely connected to Linux servers for .ear deployments using putty and winSCP, copied local files to and from on the remote server.
• Create UI Errors (Custom Screens) for system failures such as the loss of the connection – more... to Magic or DMR.
• Revised functional specification documents and did enhancements to the application as per the needs.
• Logged the issues/tickets to Quality Center and conducted testing in both dev and QA environments.
• Conducted KT sessions with Offshore TCS team and KT playback sessions. – less
Fun and exciting workplace
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2014
Fun atmosphere
Creative people
High impact
Interesting co workers
Productive and fun place to work - access to Studio Lot, screenings
Assistant to Exec. VP, Legal Affairs (Former Employee), Culver City, CAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits, free screenings, ability to move up
I enjoyed working at SONY and met many good people during my employment. The days were anything but "typical" and it was great being behind the scenes on a major studio lot.
Poor work environment, management, corporate culture
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Culver City, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: enjoyable to spend time on the sony lot
Cons: corporate environment, poor executive leadership and mismanagement
Mismanagement led to huge rounds of layoffs, eroding corporate culture. Typical day around the office was more tense than any other work environment I have experienced. Worked extremely long hours (50-60) weekly with little appreciation.
temp worker on Sony Lot
Floater/Temp (Former Employee), Culver City, CASeptember 23, 2014
Worked as Sony Pictures temp which meant filling in for various positions throughout the Sony lot depending on need.
Fast paced, large scale studio.
Worldwind Product Fulfillment (Former Employee), Culver City, CaAugust 24, 2014
Pros: perks are good, people are professional but approachable.
Cons: can be stressful at times.
You will learn an incredible amount while you are here. State-of-the-art facilities and Sony is generally on the leading edge of industry trends.
Associate Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 14, 2014
An amazing job for learning a lot about this industry. Lots to learn and lots of fun
Great People
Vice President, Corporate Finance (Current Employee), Culver City, CAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: on site gym
Cons: too mch offshoring and outsourcing, nothing left in ca
Coworkers are amazing, company needs some long term direction but employees keep Sony moving along.
Finance is stressful
Finance (Former Employee), Culver CityJuly 11, 2014
Pros: the co-workers
Cons: the 'systems' the 'off shore'
Home entertainment physical distribution was in a rapid decline. Some anticipated, some product based. Management did not always recognize that communication needed to be daily, informal as well as formal. Those in the offices, needed to talk to those in the cube farms.

The best part was the challenge of figuring out just what went wrong and getting – more... it fixed with the team

Every one needed to be in it together or it didn't work – less
Ok Environment
Associate Business Analyst (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJuly 7, 2014
The environment was good. I learned a lot from my peers. It was great to take classes to increase my skillset.
Good Company
Sales Coordinator - Planning (Current Employee), Culver City, CAJuly 1, 2014
Good Company
Happy People
No complaints
Parking is good
Work Life balance is great.
A place where giving back to the community is a must.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJune 23, 2014
Pros: benefit, salary, over all work environment is friendly.
Cons: i was a part of a massive (216) layoff.
Sony Pictures has this amazing aura. It is a place where every culture is important; the atmosphere is almost mystical. You definitely feel as if you are a part of a family, which makes it very hard to leave. And the movies are phenomenal as well.
Great place to work. Unpredictable and interesting.
Emergency Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: working in the entertainment industry.
Working there was great. No two days were ever the same. But once the procedures were learned, you were prepared to handle any situation that occurred. My co-workers were like family. We worked in a small secure area so we all bonded very well. A typical day started with checking all the equipment and making sure everything worked properly. Then you – more... were prepared to handle what the day brought your way. Also, althought this was not part of my job description, I was able to use my computer and networking skills up to a point to resolve any issue we had with the computer systems. I could only do so much because we had an IT dept, so I knew when to call them for help. – less
Excellent place to work
Sr. Business Analyst - Consultant (Current Employee), Culver City, CAJune 12, 2014
I don't have anything negative to say in my experience at SPE. My specific group is different in that it's run somewhat like a startup.
Dead line driven environment requiring attention to detail, hard work, and great communication skills.
Product Analyst/Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Inwood, NYMay 29, 2014
A typical day at Sony Pictures is unexpected. There are so many clients we service from all over the world, we have to be prepared to meet their needs. Everything needs to be completed by a deadline, and we have to ensure to meet that deadline regardless of how much time and effort it takes. This needs to be completed among additional projects including – more... departmental reports, executive reports, research, digital distribution assistance, and any additional projects requested by management. – less
Wonderful place to work
Expense Management Clerk (Current Employee), Culver CityApril 21, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: laying employees off
A typical day a Sony Pictures is a wonderful experience, we have employee resource groups in which I am currently a executive board member.

We have training classes to enhance and keep your skills marketable.

Benefits were paid for.
An entertainment city one-stop-shop magic-land.
Assistant to VP's of SAP Global Support (Former Employee), Culver City, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: the people were very personable and smart.
Cons: my background wasn't fit for the particular career path i was headed towards.
I always wanted to work at a studio. The people and environment was very enjoyable and 3 years went by verrrry quickly.
One of my favorite jobs
OFFICE MANAGER/EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), culver city, caApril 4, 2014
I would like to work at Sony again... the only problem was, my boss liked me and wanted to keep me so I could never advance.

1 2 3 4

About Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a movie-making monster. The producer of Godzilla is a unit of Sony Corporation of America, – Read more