Sony Pictures Employee Reviews in United States

Company performance
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 29, 2016
Company has brand recognition but high-level management lacks creativity, resulting in poor performance of product delivery. Team spirit and morale has been low recently due to outsourcing.
Benefits
Cons
work/life balance
Good Experience
Sales Planner (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 23, 2016
Nice co workers and environment. Average management. Lack of communications from RH. Nice extra activities off work. Good benefits
Pros
Free sodas and snacks
Cons
No cons
Productive, excellent benefits with great perks, wonderful staff with creative talent.
Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 26, 2015
This is a great company to work for. It has excellent benefits, great perks, and a wonderful staff with lots of smart creative talent and employees.

The people here are hard workers who get the job done in any area of work or position they may hold. Meeting day to day deadlines, managing work, or making decisions and suggestions about future endeavors gives each employee freedom and opportunity for growth.

A typical day at work can take you all across the Lot, meeting with attorneys, actors, writers, directors and producers to discuss the business at hand or, a new movie discussed in a think tank while viewing a new product produced.

Most of the people that work here have a background in the entertainment business industry, or other special talents.

The hardest part of the job was seeing the company downsize and the most enjoyable part is having the freedom to do the job without micromanagement and enjoying everything this company has to offer.
Not a good place to work.
Archive Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 31, 2015
I don't have alot of nice things to say about the company. I've met some wonderful, hardworking people but in terms of growth and reward, I feel there is little hope or chance.
Pros
Occasionally there will be a screening that will be interesting to see.
Cons
No true vacation time, raises have been on hold for all employees for two year, moving up is based on nepotism or luck, management is unqualified for their roles, hardwork is not rewarded, executives poor decisions, the hack
Very interesting place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 28, 2016
I've been working at Sony Pictures Entertainment in finance for about 7 months on a contracted assignment and overall have enjoyed the experience up to this point. The work environment is very friendly and everybody is naturally easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job has to be the fact that long hours and staying overtime is the norm and it's unusual to leave on time from day to day, but the work environment is good so the experience isn't a miserable one. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that this is an entertainment company so on any given day something might be filming and it's amazing to see how some of the things work in this company.
Pros
Onsite gym, screenings of movies, etc.
Cons
Long hours, busy location
Wonderful place to work!
FINANCE COORDINATOR / PROCARD ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 20, 2015
A typical day at work involved running/submitting financial reports, analyzing data, corresponding with vendors and business units and meeting with my boss and department to discuss project goals. I enjoyed my position, as I had a lot of autonomy and felt productive and knowledgeable. The best part of my job was corresponding and assisting business units and customers, as well as collaborating with my department. The company morale was high and it appeared evident that employees enjoyed and appreciated working at Sony.
Pros
Great work environment, company implements life-work balance initiatives, amazing benefits/401K, etc., amazing employees and culture, great pay, plenty of company activities and events
productive, long hours, good money
Location Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2016
work hours were long, a lot of late nights but very worth it.
I worked with good people and would say i was an active team member.
I would work on different movies and shows and that was a great learning experience
The long hours was probably the hardest thing about the job.
Professional work environment
Global Talent Coordinator, People & Organization (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 22, 2015
Professional work environment. Free movie screenings. Weekly activities and events. Gym on site. Great benefits. Corporate casual ambiance.
Interesting and fun place to work
Senior Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 15, 2016
The work is interesting and there are many opportunities to learn new skills. The days fly by due to a near constant workload which is good for me but may not appeal to others. My co-workers are top notch team players and most have been with Sony for five plus years.
Pros
Lots of perks: Employee discounts on product, weekly employee happy hours, on-site gym free to employees, free movie screenings, good benefits
Cons
The IT department leaves little to be desired. Too many chiefs all doing their own thing.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is one of the best Companies to work for!
Director of Motion Picture Production Finance (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 27, 2015
Working in the Motion Picture Department at Sony was always fast paced and full of excitement! It was always great to collaborate with the many Departments involved in creating and making a Movie! My Colleagues varied from Directors, Producers, Executives, Accountants, and the Crew hired to work on each Film, and it was a rewarding experience working with such brilliant Individuals! The most challenging part of my daily work experience was not having enough hours in the day to get everything done! This job has taught me to have tenacity, patience, boldness and to become a "go getter"!
Pros
Great Benefits
Awesome experience
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 13, 2016
Sony is a huge organization with many departments. Any opportunity you get to work at SONY is experience of a lifetime. The benefits are great, but the perks are the best ever. The job can be demanding, personalities are big and you may need thick skin or be a quick learner. SONY Pictures, was the best job I've ever held. Love every part of it.
Pros
Benefits and Perks
Cons
fast paced and demanded
Fun place to work with movie studio perks
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 17, 2016
General IT operations role. Dealt with close cycles and IT projects. Worked across multiple lines of business. Different technology was being implemented all the time. Co-workers were generally cooperative. Typical day at work was a mix of troubleshooting common issues and implementing a new solution.
Pros
Discounts on Sony products
Cons
Office Politics
Audio Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 10, 2016
It is great to come into a place where you are appreciated for your hard work and dedication. I've learned to always keep learning more and never get comfortable. To keep striving for better. The management were nice, My co-workers were amazing. Great people to spend 10 hours a day with. Very helpful and great team players . The most enjoyable part about the job is completing the work and making the clients happy.
Dynamic, fun, high energy work place.
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2015
Overall, this company offers great benefits and is a fun and dynamic place to work. Although my assignment is short, the relationships that have been acquired are very valuable.
Great benefits
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2016
I am currently doing a my internship and its a great company to work in because the people are very nice even though I have not really had a lot of contact with other departments. It is a company that offers opportunity to grow within and contributes to their employee's education.
Really great work life balance
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2016
This will be a great studio once all of the restructuring and layoffs stop. Sony has a very laid back culture when compared to the other studios. Great place to work when you have a family.
Pros
Happy hours on the lot and a nice gym with free classes!
Cons
Almost every year the studio has layoffs.
Underpaid, overworked, but rewarding place to work
Worldwide Product Fulfillment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 3, 2015
Coworkers are great, management is questionable.
You take on a great deal of responsibility and priorities are somewhat "corporatized" but you end up learning a great amount of information about the industry. I feel somewhat that Sony is a little bit behind as far as technology is concerned. Some of the daily tasks are menial because they do not update their equipment.
Pros
learn to manage large workflows
Cons
contract employment is abundant, causes lack in benefits
Very productive and fun place to work!
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2016
Unbelievable experience. I love to work for the studios. Great environment, and great team work. Such an incredible opportunity to grow and actually feel the corporate world in a very fun and interesting way.
A major film and TV studio located in Culver City.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 19, 2016
At times it has ranked as one of the top studios, but for the past several years it has been on a decline. It is in need of some changes and a turn-around from it's current trajectory.
Awesome lot to work on. Great talented co-workers and mngmnt
Sr. Colorist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 1, 2016
Loved working at Sony Pics. The facility was technilogically forward looking. The staff was strong and collaborative. The teamwork was great. Miss working there.

4.2