Sony Pictures Employee Reviews

Great platform
PRODUCTION/DEVELOPMENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Culver CityAugust 21, 2017
Loved working here as an intern during my college days. My supervisor took the time to explain the reason behind the tasks given to me, which provided many insights about the industry I never knew.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Director (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 16, 2017
Imageworks is different from Sony Pictures over all but it was a fun place to work. The hours were occasionally long because we were always doing things which were never done before but it was always fun.
Pros
challenging work, blockbuster movies
Cons
service driven work. Uncertainty
Exciting. Intense.
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 13, 2017
Strange energy in my department. Everyone seemed scared, on edge and desperate. Probably just life in corporate America. But it left me exhausted at the end of the day.

Still, I stayed 4 years and loved the people I worked with!

Good luck!
Pros
Great commissary! Fun place to got to work (Culver lot).
Cons
Quarrelsome. Somewhat phony.
Writer
Screenwriter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 5, 2017
Great experience would recommend to any one on the come up. So much history so much love for the films that were made there. Everybody's gotta work hard to get what they want
Pros
Free lunches
TV shows
PA/Runner - The Sing Off (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 3, 2017
I worked on the Sing Off tv show. Had so much fun. I only wish I could've continued. fun people that come from different places. and of course you get to work with some big names.
Cool Enviornment with great old-new balance
Administrative Assistant, Film Sales & Releasing (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 2, 2017
Sony is where the legends of Hollywood's silver screen live in cohabitation with razor sharp reality defying technology under a giant rainbow. People are honored and humbled in equal measure here depending on how hard they work. It is a diverse, vibrant, endlessly curious place somewhere between 1930 and 5017. I love it!
Fast paced, boutique feel
Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2017
The pace moves quickly and people seem to focus on their own advancement, not an environment for team camaraderie. Positive experience within the direct experience of management. Great exposure.
Nice company
Application Architect, Lead Developer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 26, 2017
Great projects that you can work in different groups. Movie related, as well as budget related softwares when it comes to software development. Overall, great
Fun place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 21, 2017
Fun and challenging place to work if you are involved in any of a number of major project/initiative. There are plenty of opportunities for exposure to senior level executives.
Pros
Nice campus
Cons
Too many changes at the C level
Great company culture
Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2017
Began as an intern and worked my way up. Really enjoy working here. The company culture is great. I always recommend Sony to anyone looking for a job.

Want to know more about Sony Pictures?

Ask a question
On site Client
SAP S/4HANA Finance Optimization Consultant (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 29, 2017
Good overall company to work with. People are easy to communicate with and work/lie balance is good. Management can be improved and there can be more transparency.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Traffic
i like working there
Technical Director, Senior Compositor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 23, 2017
When you like the artist and people that work with you, it makes it fun to come into work, and when the artist are fun the work becomes fun and enjoyable to do.
So much fun
SONY PICTURES (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 1, 2017
Such an amazing experience being able to work as an intern with Sony Pictures on publicity and marketing campaigns for movies like The Interview, Fury, and The Equalizer on college campuses in Philadelphia.
An exciting place to work at.
Production Accountant (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 25, 2017
Overall my 19 years here have. been superb. I was giving an opportunity and since then I have moved around in various divisions and have been rewarded for my services.
Good company to work for
Project Manager/ SAP BW Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2017
Good company to work for. There are a lot of benefits that you can take advantage of and life balance is there. Entertainment industry can be demanding but management out there was great.
High pressure, lots of rewards if all went well
Manager of casting (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 18, 2017
There was a lot of pressure to get our pilots to air. During pilot season it was not uncommon to work 10-14 hours a day. It was fun meeting the talent and going to taping. The people I worked with are still some of my closest friends. All in all it was a great experience.
Pros
Fun to work on the lot and great people to work with.
Cons
Long hours, high stress
The studio has changed over time
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 18, 2017
Like everything in the entertainment business, the strength of the company lies in how good its products are, and how well leadership leads. Right now, Sony Pictures is in a state of flux. With a new CEO coming in, only time will tell if the ship can get back on course.
Sony Pictures
Project Manager (contract) (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 5, 2017
As part of the SPE’s Worldwide Product Fulfillment team, negotiated deal terms, sourced IT resources and worked with Exhibitor Relations, Advertising and Publicity and Warehouse personnel to implement a web-based Order Fulfillment and Warehouse Management System for the Sony Pictures Releasing International organization
fun place to work !
Production/Publicity Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 7, 2017
Sony is a good company ! I worked there for many years, fun culture and nice people. I needed to grow and felt that a change may be good after working at Sony for so many years. I would recommend Sony Pictures :)
A large entertainment studio with lots of opportunities
Director - International Operations (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 2, 2017
At Sony, I had an opportunity to matriculate through several departments and travel internationally. It was a great experience and very exciting. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Free movies, great compensation
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony Pictures. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2