Sony Pictures Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work.
Archive Coordinator (Current Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Occasionally there will be a screening that will be interesting to see.
Cons: No true vacation time, raises have been on hold for all employees for two year, moving up is based on nepotism or luck, management is unqualified for their roles, hardwork is not rewarded, executives poor decisions, the hack
I don't have alot of nice things to say about the company. I've met some wonderful, hardworking people but in terms of growth and reward, I feel there is little hope or chance.
Dynamic, fun, high energy work place.
HR Assistant (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 13, 2015
Overall, this company offers great benefits and is a fun and dynamic place to work. Although my assignment is short, the relationships that have been acquired are very valuable.
Good vibe, corporate environment
Executive Assistant to SVP, Business Affairs (Former Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Great people, vibe
Cons: It was only a temporary job
Sony is a great place to work. I've been working on and off at the company for six years in various departments and all the executives I've worked with are smart, nice, and personable.
Fun workplace; great people
Analyst (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJune 13, 2015
Great environment with many perks. Not much opportunity for advancement for women. Much more motivation and incentives for men. Inequality between men and women.
quiet and calm environment
Marketing Internship (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJune 2, 2015
Quite a great place to work.
a bit studios system can always keep you focus on the specific area you want to improve

I like the place and it is really well manned studio system. with all kinds of aspects and careens.

Great thing is the job can let you have your own space to relax and the office politic is not so sharp
Wonderful place to work!
FINANCE COORDINATOR / PROCARD ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great work environment, company implements life-work balance initiatives, amazing benefits/401K, etc., amazing employees and culture, great pay, plenty of company activities and events
A typical day at work involved running/submitting financial reports, analyzing data, corresponding with vendors and business units and meeting with my boss and department to discuss project goals. I enjoyed my position, as I had a lot of autonomy and felt productive and knowledgeable. The best part of my job was corresponding and assisting business units and customers, as well as collaborating with my department. The company morale was high and it appeared evident that employees enjoyed and appreciated working at Sony.
Great company
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Culver City, CAMay 8, 2015
Helping in finance team with
• Run queries and prepare SAP and excel reports for ad hoc requests from mangers and other special projects for the division and Corporate.
• Assist the management in preparing balance sheets, income statements, and financial closing and Complete monthly close and B/S reconciliation for multiple books ,Including Prepare and post accounting entries to record development and term deal expenses and accruals
• Reconcile month-end reports to general ledger, and prepare Corporate submissions and Assist operational/finance management special requests, Research and prepare responses to audit inquires
fun
Parking Office Clerk & Level (Current Employee), Culver City, CAApril 24, 2015
this job was amazing. what else can i say.
this job was amazing. what else can i say.this job was amazing. what else can i say.this job was amazing. what else can i say.vthis job was amazing. what else can i say.this job was amazing. what else can i say.
Very long hours and little run to advance
prduction (Current Employee), culver cityApril 22, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: Awful managers, no structure for advancement and low pay
I really work not recommend working here unless you know someone who can get you a job or you already have a contact within Sony
A day at SPE
Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 17, 2015
The culture and people at SPE are great, the work is challenging in my area but that is what I prefer. The company also provides great benefits.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is one of the best Companies to work for!
Director of Motion Picture Production Finance (Current Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Working in the Motion Picture Department at Sony was always fast paced and full of excitement! It was always great to collaborate with the many Departments involved in creating and making a Movie! My Colleagues varied from Directors, Producers, Executives, Accountants, and the Crew hired to work on each Film, and it was a rewarding experience working with such brilliant Individuals! The most challenging part of my daily work experience was not having enough hours in the day to get everything done! This job has taught me to have tenacity, patience, boldness and to become a "go getter"!
Stress bunnies
Residuals Administrator (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 13, 2015
I had two incarnations at Sony Pictures. Well, three. I was a Clerk in Marketing Finance for five years and a Contract Administrator for two years; nine years after that ended, I was a Residuals Analyst.

In all three departments, there was a certain snarkiness that I found new and exciting when I was young, but destructive and unpleasant after I'd been around the block. Everyone at Sony was stressed out.
Underpaid, overworked, but rewarding place to work
Worldwide Product Fulfillment Coordinator (Current Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: learn to manage large workflows
Cons: contract employment is abundant, causes lack in benefits
Coworkers are great, management is questionable.
You take on a great deal of responsibility and priorities are somewhat "corporatized" but you end up learning a great amount of information about the industry. I feel somewhat that Sony is a little bit behind as far as technology is concerned. Some of the daily tasks are menial because they do not update their equipment.
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operation
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee), Culver City, CAFebruary 26, 2015
• Involved in all phases of the Software development life cycle (SDLC) using Agile Methodology.
• Developed Use Case Diagrams, Object Diagrams and Class Diagrams in UML.
• Involved in writing Spring Configuration XML, file that contains declarations and business classes are wired-up to the frontend managed beans using Spring IOC pattern.
• Developed user interface using JSP, JSP Tag libraries and Java Script to simplify the complexities of the application.
• Developed various Java beans for performance of business processes and effectively involved in Impact analysis.
• Developed application service components and configured beans using Spring IoC, creation of Hibernate mapping files and generation of database schema.
A great place to work. Fun and challenging. Cutting edge technologies
Editor and Post Super (Former Employee), Culver City, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: creative and fast paced
Cons: married to the job
Enjoyed the fast paced life style of Sony, the studio that had at the time just purchased the old MGM lot in Culver City. So along with all the new, fascinating tech, there was a definite connection to the past.
Interesting Culture
Project Manager / Financial Management Consultant (Former Employee), Culver City, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: democratic leadership team
A typical work day: The FOT department resembled a high impact consulting environment. Each day introduced a different and interesting challenge. "Team" was a key component to the success of the department.
TV Ad Sales
VP-Pricing & Analysis-Syndication & Cable Ad Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Working in tv ad sales for 11 years was the most knowledgeable and enjoyable experience. From day one, starting as an Assistant and ultimately ending up as a Vice President - I garnered as much knowledge as possible about the TV Ad Sales business. I worked on everything from Sales to Operations, learned the inner workings of every business deal and participated in many negotiations for these deals. The most enjoyable part of this job was being surrounded by such amazing people who truly wanted to teach and share their experiences with you.
Celebrate community heroes and changing lives on The Queen Latifah Show
Affiliate Relations Manager (Current Employee), Culver City, CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: building strong relationships with stations
Cons: television shows don't last forever
Being the Affiliate Relations Manager at "The Queen Latifah Show, I'm responsible for all affiliate marketing needs for the show. My role is to be the liaison between Sony Pictures Television, "The Queen Latifah Show" and local affiliates to execute and support marketing needs in the local markets.

I enjoy working with our affiliates by exploring stories in their community that would be great segments for "The Queen Latifah Show." I also enjoy finding fantastic tie-in opportunities that stations can use for their local programming.

Working in Television can be challenging because viewers have so many options to chose from but it's a challenge that myself and "The Queen Latifah Show" staff accepts daily. Everyone is hard working, creative and at the end of the day our common goal is to create content that viewers can relate to, feel inspired and be entertained.
Fun Workplace
Finance Intern (Former Employee), Culver City, CANovember 10, 2014
Good company culture and management and they train you well.
Web Developer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2014
• Extensively used event handling and data binding. Developed custom components, custom CSS as per the business requirements.
• Remotely connected to Linux servers for .ear deployments using putty and winSCP, copied local files to and from on the remote server.
• Create UI Errors (Custom Screens) for system failures such as the loss of the connection to Magic or DMR.
• Revised functional specification documents and did enhancements to the application as per the needs.
• Logged the issues/tickets to Quality Center and conducted testing in both dev and QA environments.
• Conducted KT sessions with Offshore TCS team and KT playback sessions.
Headquarters
10202 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City CA, United States 90232