Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures Employer Reviews

Fast paced, large scale studio.
Worldwind Product Fulfillment (Former Employee), Culver City, CaAugust 24, 2014
Pros: perks are good, people are professional but approachable.
Cons: can be stressful at times.
You will learn an incredible amount while you are here. State-of-the-art facilities and Sony is generally on the leading edge of industry trends.
Associate Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 14, 2014
An amazing job for learning a lot about this industry. Lots to learn and lots of fun
Great People
Vice President, Corporate Finance (Current Employee), Culver City, CAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: on site gym
Cons: too mch offshoring and outsourcing, nothing left in ca
Coworkers are amazing, company needs some long term direction but employees keep Sony moving along.
Finance is stressful
Finance (Former Employee), Culver CityJuly 11, 2014
Pros: the co-workers
Cons: the 'systems' the 'off shore'
Home entertainment physical distribution was in a rapid decline. Some anticipated, some product based. Management did not always recognize that communication needed to be daily, informal as well as formal. Those in the offices, needed to talk to those in the cube farms.

The best part was the challenge of figuring out just what went wrong and getting – more... it fixed with the team

Every one needed to be in it together or it didn't work – less
Ok Environment
Associate Business Analyst (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJuly 7, 2014
The environment was good. I learned a lot from my peers. It was great to take classes to increase my skillset.
Good Company
Sales Coordinator - Planning (Current Employee), Culver City, CAJuly 1, 2014
Good Company
Happy People
No complaints
Parking is good
Work Life balance is great.
A place where giving back to the community is a must.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJune 23, 2014
Pros: benefit, salary, over all work environment is friendly.
Cons: i was a part of a massive (216) layoff.
Sony Pictures has this amazing aura. It is a place where every culture is important; the atmosphere is almost mystical. You definitely feel as if you are a part of a family, which makes it very hard to leave. And the movies are phenomenal as well.
Great place to work. Unpredictable and interesting.
Emergency Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: working in the entertainment industry.
Working there was great. No two days were ever the same. But once the procedures were learned, you were prepared to handle any situation that occurred. My co-workers were like family. We worked in a small secure area so we all bonded very well. A typical day started with checking all the equipment and making sure everything worked properly. Then you – more... were prepared to handle what the day brought your way. Also, althought this was not part of my job description, I was able to use my computer and networking skills up to a point to resolve any issue we had with the computer systems. I could only do so much because we had an IT dept, so I knew when to call them for help. – less
Excellent place to work
Sr. Business Analyst - Consultant (Current Employee), Culver City, CAJune 12, 2014
I don't have anything negative to say in my experience at SPE. My specific group is different in that it's run somewhat like a startup.
Dead line driven environment requiring attention to detail, hard work, and great communication skills.
Product Analyst/Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Inwood, NYMay 29, 2014
A typical day at Sony Pictures is unexpected. There are so many clients we service from all over the world, we have to be prepared to meet their needs. Everything needs to be completed by a deadline, and we have to ensure to meet that deadline regardless of how much time and effort it takes. This needs to be completed among additional projects including – more... departmental reports, executive reports, research, digital distribution assistance, and any additional projects requested by management. – less
Wonderful place to work
Expense Management Clerk (Current Employee), Culver CityApril 21, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: laying employees off
A typical day a Sony Pictures is a wonderful experience, we have employee resource groups in which I am currently a executive board member.

We have training classes to enhance and keep your skills marketable.

Benefits were paid for.
An entertainment city one-stop-shop magic-land.
Assistant to VP's of SAP Global Support (Former Employee), Culver City, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: the people were very personable and smart.
Cons: my background wasn't fit for the particular career path i was headed towards.
I always wanted to work at a studio. The people and environment was very enjoyable and 3 years went by verrrry quickly.
One of my favorite jobs
OFFICE MANAGER/EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), culver city, caApril 4, 2014
I would like to work at Sony again... the only problem was, my boss liked me and wanted to keep me so I could never advance.
Great Company
Finance/Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Culver City, CAApril 3, 2014
Very good company to work for. The work life balance is well maintained. Employees and staff are very knowledgeable.
Good Team Lead and Manager.
QA Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Culver City, CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: good team lead and manager.
Sound and professional.
Learning in progress.
Good Team Lead and Manager.
Recognition was not given enough to the QA Team.
A Fast Paced Company with Great Culture
Media and Talent Relations Assistant (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 17, 2014
Mornings were the busiest time of day
The network here is incredible
Beautiful offices and great commissary
Plenty of vacation time and holiday breaks
Great company pride
Enjoyable to work with talent
Good workplace, but constant cutbacks took its toll
Title Manager (Former Employee), Culver CityFebruary 10, 2014
They promote a good work/life balance and listen to employee feedback, but drastic cutbacks in benefits really took its toll on the team
Very stressfull workplace with a warm atmosphere
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Culver City, CAFebruary 3, 2014
The collaboration among coworkers is at its peak at Sony. It is a team-oriented working place which is very helpful for any a new employee. Supervisors always tend to be teachers first before order givers .
Excellent Company in reference to employee benefits, health and well-being.
Sr. Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJanuary 29, 2014
I loved my position at Sony. I also really got along well with immediate management and co-workers. Not so much with the next level up.
Large Company, Little Pay
Participations Analyst, Television Division (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: free screenings
Cons: pay was low, company too large
I was part of the union. It was different than regular employees, but for some reason I had union benefits. Somewhat complicated since such a large company, easy to fall in the cracks.

1 2 3 4

About Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a movie-making monster. The producer of Godzilla is a unit of Sony Corporation of America, – Read more