Sony Pictures Employee Reviews

Flexible work life and fun environment
Intern QA Tester (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 26, 2016
Flexble timings and co-operative work environment.
Free friday Sony movies
Big Sony campus and studios to watch out for.
Supportive colleagues and senior leadership.
Very interesting place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 28, 2016
I've been working at Sony Pictures Entertainment in finance for about 7 months on a contracted assignment and overall have enjoyed the experience up to this point. The work environment is very friendly and everybody is naturally easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job has to be the fact that long hours and staying overtime is the norm and it's unusual to leave on time from day to day, but the work environment is good so the experience isn't a miserable one. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that this is an entertainment company so on any given day something might be filming and it's amazing to see how some of the things work in this company.
Pros
Onsite gym, screenings of movies, etc.
Cons
Long hours, busy location
Fun place to work with movie studio perks
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 17, 2016
General IT operations role. Dealt with close cycles and IT projects. Worked across multiple lines of business. Different technology was being implemented all the time. Co-workers were generally cooperative. Typical day at work was a mix of troubleshooting common issues and implementing a new solution.
Pros
Discounts on Sony products
Cons
Office Politics
Underpaid, overworked, but rewarding place to work
Worldwide Product Fulfillment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 3, 2015
Coworkers are great, management is questionable.
You take on a great deal of responsibility and priorities are somewhat "corporatized" but you end up learning a great amount of information about the industry. I feel somewhat that Sony is a little bit behind as far as technology is concerned. Some of the daily tasks are menial because they do not update their equipment.
Pros
Learn to manage large workflows
Cons
Contract employment is abundant, causes lack in benefits
Great Company, Terrible Division
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 4, 2014
i have worked here for a bit and management doesn't have the first clue about how to run the business. Sony as company is excellent, they care for their employees and perks and benefits are great.
World Product Fulfillment - my division - is awful. highest turnover of employees, VP's are completely unaware of actually happens because they are always stuck in meetings, directors are mostly useless. extremely political and they hardly promote from within.

run away from it!
Pros
Sony as a company is really good. great benefits, good work hours and proximity
Cons
WPF is awful (NEVER WORK THERE)
Exciting place to work!
Temporary to Permanent / Sony Agency (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 23, 2013
I was with this company for several years. Learned so much about almost every department as I started as a temp filling in for employees that were on vacation, sick leave, or what have you.
Eventually getting hired here full time was what I wanted and I landed a the job I really wanted. It was a great experience in digital assets; had the best boss, the best coworkers, working as a team and meeting to get acquainted with projects and coworkers once a week was exciting for me.
Pros
education, coworkers, cafeteria, special assignments, health benefits
Cons
not many, in the beginning temping was a little taxing but that is how you learn about other departments.
Sony
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 22, 2016
great people. Lot's of fun to work there. Excellent content produced by the studio. Would not hesitate to endorse the place for someone to work there.
Worse company I ever worked for!!
Sony Pictures TV (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 19, 2013
This place is a joke. High School cliques. Mean girls. Laziness. NO leadership. Bullying. People using slurs. Women wearing shorts and high heels to WORK!! The tighter and shorter your skirt the further you will probably get. Also, if you go to HR they will tell you, you & the person that have the problem, go fix it alone....we are not getting involved. Isn't that what HR is supposed to be there for? To mediate? Not here...beware and make sure you get what your salary will be because they promised me something and after I gave my notice at my job and talked to them again the lowered my number. Good luck in that cesspool.
Great benefits
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2016
I am currently doing a my internship and its a great company to work in because the people are very nice even though I have not really had a lot of contact with other departments. It is a company that offers opportunity to grow within and contributes to their employee's education.
A great job experience
Executive/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 21, 2013
The over all environment was quite good, several nice people from the heads of the studio to the people who cleaned the offices every evening.

Worked in publicity and met everyone I could have imagined which I loved - even though I wish deep down I had never met some of them.

The hardest part of the job was juggling the EVP's ridiculously busy calendar, and trying to get track of everyone reporting to him from SVP's to interns and everyone in between.

The most enjoyable part of my time at Sony was that I made some incredible friends.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits, convenient location.
Cons
Egos and attitudes of filmmakers and stars.
Great experience
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 15, 2016
Taking photos of customers about to attend the studio tour was amazing. The head photographer knows exactly what he's doing and how to help you improve.
Pros
Sony Pictures, great pay, amazing environment
Cons
Exciting environment but weighted down by current HE market status and corporate politics
Senior Vice President, Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 20, 2012
Sony Pictures is a great place to be but.... As with any large corporation the ability to stay informed and understand the "vision and direction" of the company is challenging. Also working with Sony sister companies can be very frustrating as customers perceive an inherent ability to leverage the brand but corporate structure and soloed mentality often makes joint ventures impossible. The leadership team is a mixed bag of highly qualified experts, self serving narcissists, and of course the proverbial "empty suits". Moral in Home Entertainment is very low driven by the decline in the HE market and the constant rumors of layoffs, politics and divisional unrest (between TV group and HE). Still with all this baggage there is a pride and prestige that comes from working for such a well known brand and for the most part my experiences at Sony were favorable and exciting.
Pros
prestige for working for a recognizable brand, compensation is fair to good, benefits are good
Cons
moral in he, uncertain future in he, political culture
Audio Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 10, 2016
It is great to come into a place where you are appreciated for your hard work and dedication. I've learned to always keep learning more and never get comfortable. To keep striving for better. The management were nice, My co-workers were amazing. Great people to spend 10 hours a day with. Very helpful and great team players . The most enjoyable part about the job is completing the work and making the clients happy.
It was a great experience !
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 1, 2016
I really loved working at Sony but I was hired as a contractor to be part of the App restoration team.
I learned to configure servers and database servers for applications.
A major film and TV studio located in Culver City.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 19, 2016
At times it has ranked as one of the top studios, but for the past several years it has been on a decline. It is in need of some changes and a turn-around from it's current trajectory.
Professional work environment
Global Talent Coordinator, People & Organization (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 22, 2015
Professional work environment. Free movie screenings. Weekly activities and events. Gym on site. Great benefits. Corporate casual ambiance.
Lots of changes over the years.
Operations (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 6, 2013
Senior management attempts to change corporate culture doesn't always trickle down to department management. As a company the benefits and employee perks are great. Department management varies and can be frustrating.
Pros
Screenings, employee training, discounts
Cons
Work/life balance, moving up
Awesome lot to work on. Great talented co-workers and mngmnt
Sr. Colorist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 1, 2016
Loved working at Sony Pics. The facility was technilogically forward looking. The staff was strong and collaborative. The teamwork was great. Miss working there.
A place where giving back to the community is a must.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 23, 2014
Sony Pictures has this amazing aura. It is a place where every culture is important; the atmosphere is almost mystical. You definitely feel as if you are a part of a family, which makes it very hard to leave. And the movies are phenomenal as well.
Pros
Benefit, salary, over all work environment is friendly.
Cons
I was a part of a massive (216) layoff.
Dynamic, fun, high energy work place.
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2015
Overall, this company offers great benefits and is a fun and dynamic place to work. Although my assignment is short, the relationships that have been acquired are very valuable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony Pictures. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2