Sony Pictures Employee Reviews

Really great work life balance
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2016
This will be a great studio once all of the restructuring and layoffs stop. Sony has a very laid back culture when compared to the other studios. Great place to work when you have a family.
Pros
Happy hours on the lot and a nice gym with free classes!
Cons
Almost every year the studio has layoffs.
Very interesting place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 28, 2016
I've been working at Sony Pictures Entertainment in finance for about 7 months on a contracted assignment and overall have enjoyed the experience up to this point. The work environment is very friendly and everybody is naturally easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job has to be the fact that long hours and staying overtime is the norm and it's unusual to leave on time from day to day, but the work environment is good so the experience isn't a miserable one. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that this is an entertainment company so on any given day something might be filming and it's amazing to see how some of the things work in this company.
Pros
Onsite gym, screenings of movies, etc.
Cons
Long hours, busy location
A relaxing environment, no pressure or rushing to complete of projects
Systems Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2016
In the IT dept there werent any co workers, just people at the center interested in having conversation. The always asked questions about technology they had and or were thinking of purchasing.
Good place to work.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Enjoyed working there. I recommend it for people who are interested in the entertainment industry. Great staff and community, you will definitely be happy here.
Sony Pictures Entertainment
People & Organization / Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 31, 2015
As a recruiting coordinator, I connected with candidates and managers to schedule interviews and then escorted candidates during their interviews across the studio lot. Coworkers are pleasant and overall culture of Sony is relaxed.
Pros
The environment, company culture, free food
Cons
Lack of upward movement. Top heavy, bottom light
Interesting project
External Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2015
I cannot review Sony pictures to a significant extend, as i was an external consultant and did not have a chance to "feel' the company.
Pros
Interesting project
Cons
??
Great Place to work!
Sales Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 28, 2015
I started out a a temp over ten years ago and have advanced to operations manager. There is plenty of room for advancement.
Great Company
Co-Executive Producer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2015
Great Company to work for. As you should know, there are certain non-disclosure agreements signed when Producing Television shows. Experience was Excellent!
Wonderful company
Production Manager - Intl Client Operations (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 13, 2015
I really enjoyed Sony and both management and co-workers. There was room to advance and they really cared about their employees. Unfortunately family matters pulled me away from full-time work that was far from home.
Fun work place
Ad Sales Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2015
Pros:
Fun work Place
lot of learning opportunities
Diversify culture
Decent amount of politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Gym
Great company to work for.
Coordinator III - Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 24, 2015
This is a great place to work with many challenges that are being met daily.

A typical day can be very fast paced and busy with many projects.

Traveling across the lot and, seeing a few stars along the way after getting some documents signed, and a few business meetings with co-workers and other office personnel can make this place fun filled and a joy to come to work. There is such an environment of creative people here with some opportunities to allow your creative side to sore. One minute you can be a writer that nobody knows, and the next time you may see that person, or assistant, they can have a hit movie.

People come to this company usually with a background in the Arts, i.e. Actors, Writers, Producers, Directors, etc....but, work in any position until they can get discovered.

I have learned to find a part of my job that I enjoy and cherish it and, the time spent on any job as that is a precious thing in the world today.

With every company there are ups and downs, but it is all about: Are the downs worth it? And, how do they effect you?

The hardest part of my job will be retirement. I'll miss some of the wonderful people I have come to love over the years.
Pros
Free lunches, parties, educational training courses, great medical, 401 k, opportunity to sell what you create as a hobby, company picnics, gym.
Cons
Lots of restructuring.
Professional work environment
Global Talent Coordinator, People & Organization (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 22, 2015
Professional work environment. Free movie screenings. Weekly activities and events. Gym on site. Great benefits. Corporate casual ambiance.
Not a good place to work.
Archive Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 31, 2015
I don't have alot of nice things to say about the company. I've met some wonderful, hardworking people but in terms of growth and reward, I feel there is little hope or chance.
Pros
Occasionally there will be a screening that will be interesting to see.
Cons
No true vacation time, raises have been on hold for all employees for two year, moving up is based on nepotism or luck, management is unqualified for their roles, hardwork is not rewarded, executives poor decisions, the hack
Productive, excellent benefits with great perks, wonderful staff with creative talent.
Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 26, 2015
This is a great company to work for. It has excellent benefits, great perks, and a wonderful staff with lots of smart creative talent and employees.

The people here are hard workers who get the job done in any area of work or position they may hold. Meeting day to day deadlines, managing work, or making decisions and suggestions about future endeavors gives each employee freedom and opportunity for growth.

A typical day at work can take you all across the Lot, meeting with attorneys, actors, writers, directors and producers to discuss the business at hand or, a new movie discussed in a think tank while viewing a new product produced.

Most of the people that work here have a background in the entertainment business industry, or other special talents.

The hardest part of the job was seeing the company downsize and the most enjoyable part is having the freedom to do the job without micromanagement and enjoying everything this company has to offer.
Dynamic, fun, high energy work place.
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2015
Overall, this company offers great benefits and is a fun and dynamic place to work. Although my assignment is short, the relationships that have been acquired are very valuable.
Good vibe, corporate environment
Executive Assistant to SVP, Business Affairs (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 5, 2015
Sony is a great place to work. I've been working on and off at the company for six years in various departments and all the executives I've worked with are smart, nice, and personable.
Pros
Great people, vibe
Cons
It was only a temporary job
Fun workplace; great people
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 13, 2015
Great environment with many perks. Not much opportunity for advancement for women. Much more motivation and incentives for men. Inequality between men and women.
quiet and calm environment
Marketing Internship (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 2, 2015
Quite a great place to work.
a bit studios system can always keep you focus on the specific area you want to improve

I like the place and it is really well manned studio system. with all kinds of aspects and careens.

Great thing is the job can let you have your own space to relax and the office politic is not so sharp
Wonderful place to work!
FINANCE COORDINATOR / PROCARD ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 20, 2015
A typical day at work involved running/submitting financial reports, analyzing data, corresponding with vendors and business units and meeting with my boss and department to discuss project goals. I enjoyed my position, as I had a lot of autonomy and felt productive and knowledgeable. The best part of my job was corresponding and assisting business units and customers, as well as collaborating with my department. The company morale was high and it appeared evident that employees enjoyed and appreciated working at Sony.
Pros
Great work environment, company implements life-work balance initiatives, amazing benefits/401K, etc., amazing employees and culture, great pay, plenty of company activities and events
Great company
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 8, 2015
Helping in finance team with
• Run queries and prepare SAP and excel reports for ad hoc requests from mangers and other special projects for the division and Corporate.
• Assist the management in preparing balance sheets, income statements, and financial closing and Complete monthly close and B/S reconciliation for multiple books ,Including Prepare and post accounting entries to record development and term deal expenses and accruals
• Reconcile month-end reports to general ledger, and prepare Corporate submissions and Assist operational/finance management special requests, Research and prepare responses to audit inquires

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony Pictures. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3