Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures Employer Reviews

Working Environment is very good
Java Developer (Former Employee), CAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: team members are very helpful
Cons: nothing
Working Environment is very good. Team members are very helpful
Its ok but I would look elsewhere if you want to go up in the company and find new positions.
shipping clerk and production coordiantor . (Former Employee), Culver, INSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: a job
Cons: so many..we shall talk later....
Its really a strange place. They have jobs that they need filled yet they do not look at people on the lot that need to fill them and would want to fill them. Its really a tough place to work and make a living.
Great Experience
ProTools - Dialogue Editor / Final Cut Pro Editor (Former Employee), Culver City, CASeptember 10, 2013
Wonderfully creative job on a funny show. Loved my job. I learned a lot about protools and dialogue editing.
Home away from home.
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Culver City, CASeptember 10, 2013
Wheel of Fortune and Sony Pictures Studios are really great companies to work for. There is so much life and culture and Sony that you want to be a part of all the after-hour events. Wheel of Fortune was an amazing company to work for. I learned a lot about myself and what is important to me.
Productive company
Assistant to the Vice President of Sales (Former Employee), Los AngelesSeptember 2, 2013
Customer service skills is absolutely necessary. Most enjoyable part of job is the many different people that you can meet and interact with.
EA
Executive Assistant to VP (Former Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 29, 2013
Coordinated and prioritized daily activities for V.P. Created and maintained distribution system for monthly financial reports. Handled staff relocation and arranged for computer access. Collaborated with all departments on special projects and events.
Friendly Work Enviroment
Facilities Call Center Clerk (Current Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 26, 2013
The work is fun to do and not stressful, but management is lazy and no job security
Productive and a great place to work
Emergency Operations Coordinator/Operator (Current Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 19, 2013
Working at Sony has many perks for instance, when there are new movies out that Sony distributes, employees get to see them for free. Sony is great place to advance. I recommend Sony to anyone.
Lots of changes over the years.
Operations (Current Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 6, 2013
Pros: screenings, employee training, discounts
Cons: work/life balance, moving up
Senior management attempts to change corporate culture doesn't always trickle down to department management. As a company the benefits and employee perks are great. Department management varies and can be frustrating.
Sony Pictures
Executive Assistant to the SVP and VP (Current Employee), Culver City, CAJuly 25, 2013
Pros: gym at work, film screenings, discounts on merch and electronics.
Cons: currently in my group there is no room for advancement, unless i leave for another group within the studio or move to another company.
I love this company. I think this is a great place to work for. My group does some exciting work. My bosses are great. The perks we have our nice such as a gym on the lot for employees to use.
In my position I assist two executives and directors. Sometimes I feel like I am being pulled all over the place but I have learned a lot from working here.
Fun place to work
IT Asset Mgmt/ Desktop Support Intern (Current Employee), Culver City, CAJuly 17, 2013
Pros: great work environment
Cons: promotion
I only interned here, but its not too bad. Environment is great, however im not too sure about promotional outlook
A great job experience
Executive/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJune 21, 2013
Pros: great pay, great benefits, convenient location.
Cons: egos and attitudes of filmmakers and stars.
The over all environment was quite good, several nice people from the heads of the studio to the people who cleaned the offices every evening.

Worked in publicity and met everyone I could have imagined which I loved - even though I wish deep down I had never met some of them.

The hardest part of the job was juggling the EVP's ridiculously busy calendar, – more... and trying to get track of everyone reporting to him from SVP's to interns and everyone in between.

The most enjoyable part of my time at Sony was that I made some incredible friends. – less
Great learning opportunity
Research (Current Employee), Culver City, CAMay 19, 2013
Pros: free movie screenings, wonderful coworkers, yogurt land on the lot
Cons: some departments seemed short-staffed
I've really enjoyed my time here at Sony and I feel like I owe a lot to the people in my department who helped train me. I felt part of a close knit community along with my fellow entry level employees.
Great Place to work
Senior Desktop Support Specialist Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: sony corp rarely hires full time
I enjoyed my time here as a contract IT Pro. Great technology of coarse and stable work.

AimeeF – July 3, 2013

Would you happen to know who to contact the person in charge of hiring interns? I would love to work for this company and can see myself working with film and media in the future. Thank you!

Great working invironment within the film industry.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Culver City, CAApril 11, 2013
Great working environment and great associates. Best part of Sony is being surrounded by like minded individuals with similar goals.
Fun workplace
International TV Production- Intern (Former Employee), Culver City, CAApril 10, 2013
I think, I was very lucky person to work in such a great company. The company has very friednly co-workers in any department, the job duties are just enjoyable to do. The company offers benefits almost every day, for example free movie passes, discounts on Sony products and etc.
Exciting place to work!
Temporary to Permanent / Sony Agency (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 23, 2013
Pros: education, coworkers, cafeteria, special assignments, health benefits
Cons: not many, in the beginning temping was a little taxing but that is how you learn about other departments.
I was with this company for several years. Learned so much about almost every department as I started as a temp filling in for employees that were on vacation, sick leave, or what have you.
Eventually getting hired here full time was what I wanted and I landed a the job I really wanted. It was a great experience in digital assets; had the best boss, – more... the best coworkers, working as a team and meeting to get acquainted with projects and coworkers once a week was exciting for me. – less
Fun Job
Temp Assignment (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 18, 2013
Offered trust and more responsibility.

Walking around the famous studio like an executive.
Corporate culture was fun, progressive, and relaxed
TV Programming & Development (Drama) Intern (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 8, 2013
Pros: reading scripts and watching pilots
By far one of the best jobs I have ever had. The executives and assistants in the television programming and development department were amazing. There was never a dull moment.
Great Company
Global Treasury Manager (Current Employee), Culver City, CAFebruary 19, 2013
Great Company, Entertainment, fun enrgetic, company to work for.

About Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a movie-making monster. The producer of Godzilla¬†is a unit of¬†Sony Corporation of America, – Read more