Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures Employer Reviews

Great learning opportunity
Research (Current Employee), Culver City, CAMay 19, 2013
Pros: free movie screenings, wonderful coworkers, yogurt land on the lot
Cons: some departments seemed short-staffed
I've really enjoyed my time here at Sony and I feel like I owe a lot to the people in my department who helped train me. I felt part of a close knit community along with my fellow entry level employees.
Great Place to work
Senior Desktop Support Specialist Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: sony corp rarely hires full time
I enjoyed my time here as a contract IT Pro. Great technology of coarse and stable work.

July 3, 2013

Would you happen to know who to contact the person in charge of hiring interns? I would love to work for this company and can see myself working with film and media in the future. Thank you!

Great working invironment within the film industry.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Culver City, CAApril 11, 2013
Great working environment and great associates. Best part of Sony is being surrounded by like minded individuals with similar goals.
Fun workplace
International TV Production- Intern (Former Employee), Culver City, CAApril 10, 2013
I think, I was very lucky person to work in such a great company. The company has very friednly co-workers in any department, the job duties are just enjoyable to do. The company offers benefits almost every day, for example free movie passes, discounts on Sony products and etc.
Exciting place to work!
Temporary to Permanent / Sony Agency (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 23, 2013
Pros: education, coworkers, cafeteria, special assignments, health benefits
Cons: not many, in the beginning temping was a little taxing but that is how you learn about other departments.
I was with this company for several years. Learned so much about almost every department as I started as a temp filling in for employees that were on vacation, sick leave, or what have you.
Eventually getting hired here full time was what I wanted and I landed a the job I really wanted. It was a great experience in digital assets; had the best boss, – more... the best coworkers, working as a team and meeting to get acquainted with projects and coworkers once a week was exciting for me. – less
Fun Job
Temp Assignment (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 18, 2013
Offered trust and more responsibility.

Walking around the famous studio like an executive.
Not a pleasant experience
Senior Vice President (Former Employee), Culver City, CaliforniaMarch 13, 2013
Pros: very good pay
Cons: many very long and unproductive days
Once I accepted the position of senior vice president and head of manufacturing and distribution, I was told that my boss's wife would be reporting to me. This turned out to be very uncomfortable in that any initiative I would put forward that his wife didn't like would be denied.
Corporate culture was fun, progressive, and relaxed
TV Programming & Development (Drama) Intern (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 8, 2013
Pros: reading scripts and watching pilots
By far one of the best jobs I have ever had. The executives and assistants in the television programming and development department were amazing. There was never a dull moment.
Great Company
Global Treasury Manager (Current Employee), Culver City, CAFebruary 19, 2013
Great Company, Entertainment, fun enrgetic, company to work for.
Cannot Imagine a Better Place to Work or Better Managers
Sales Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: huge brand, highest calibre people, entertainment industry, exciting
Cons: long periods of time spent alone
Small domestic syndication office with two sales professionals covering 60 DMAs. Position supports both people and acts as liaison between satellitel office and HQ in Los Angeles as well as offices in NY and Chicago. Works with Sales Admin and Distribution to ensure that stations receive programming.
Good
Oracle PL/SQL (Current Employee), Culver City, CAFebruary 1, 2013
I was having good time working and learned management and its was a great experience working with co-workers.
Great work environment
Vice President, Acquisitions (Former Employee), culver cityJanuary 30, 2013
Friendly workplace. Great people. A company that cares for its employees.
Major Studio
Merchandising Analyst (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJanuary 17, 2013
Sony has good benefits and decent pay. I enjoyed the people I worked with though the work itself was a little unfulfilling.
Great job! Great company!
LEGAL ASSISTANT (FLOATER) (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: great company!
Cons: down-sizing (hiring temporary staffing) was typical company strategy for cutting overhead.
Great environment. Great company. The projects and people are very positive. Centrally located in Culver City so it was easy to access.
is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America(SCA). SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television producti
Sr. Java/J2EE Consultant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 17, 2012
• Used AGILE methodology for developing the application.
• As part of the lifecycle development prepared class model, sequence model and flow diagrams by analyzing Use cases using Rational Tools.
• Extensive use of SOA Framework for Controller components and view components.
• Involved in writing the exception and validation classes using Struts validation – more... rules.
• Involved in writing the validation rules classes for general server side validations for implementing validation rules as part observer J2EE design pattern.
• Used OR mapping tool Hibernate for the interaction with database.
• Developed EJB tier using Session Facade, Singleton and DAO design patterns, which contains business logic, and database access functions.
• Developed tabs with rollover effect using JavaScript plus other effects
• Developed web services using SOAP and WSDL with Apache Axis 2.
• Developed, implemented, and maintained an asynchronous, AJAX based rich client for improved customer experience using XML data and XSLT templates.
• Developed SQL stored procedures and prepared statements for updating and accessing data from database.
• Development carried out under Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
• Used JBoss for deploying various components of application.
• Used JUNIT for testing and check API performance.
• Used SVN Version Control for Project Configuration Management – less
One of the best companies to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Burbank, CANovember 12, 2012
Pros: the people and the events
Cons: it was unfortunate when our offices were moved to culver city.
During my time at Sony, I assisted many lawyers. They all were very intelligent and savvy.

During that time, job stability was something you could count on.
Good place to work, but not much room for creativity
Production Designer (Freelance) (Former Employee), Westwood, CAOctober 29, 2012
Pros: projects were fun and recognizable
Cons: job stability
Job revolved around the designing of print marketing materials for Sony Pictures Television. Work consisted anywhere from TV Show marketing binder, One-Sheet ads, web banners, and signage. The workers were easy to work with, and management did a good job keeping the workload steady. Since this is a corporate entity, a lot of brand guidelines were put – more... in place, which made the creativity process stifling. Overall, its a good place to work in, but not great. – less
An environment that fosters discussion.
Assistant to SVP - Original Programming (Current Employee), Culver City, CASeptember 28, 2012
• Evaluate and identify, on-brand materials and submissions for global viewer consumption.
• Maintain departmental infrastructure.
Productive and fun workplace.
Assistant to Senior Vice President of Operations (Former Employee), New York, New YorkSeptember 24, 2012
I loved working for Sony. I learned so much and the people were great too. I also advanced to a higher position in such a short amount of time.
Corporate Structure
Media Relations Intern (Former Employee), Culver City, CASeptember 6, 2012
Tasked with organizing corporate files and events companywide.

Interacted and interviewed with Executive Vice Presidents and Presidents of various departments within Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Successfully collaborated and organized initial private screening of "Michael Jackson's This Is It".

About Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a movie-making monster. The producer of Godzilla is a unit of Sony Corporation of America, – Read more