Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures Employer Reviews

Productive and a great place to work
Emergency Operations Coordinator/Operator (Current Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 19, 2013
Working at Sony has many perks for instance, when there are new movies out that Sony distributes, employees get to see them for free. Sony is great place to advance. I recommend Sony to anyone.
Lots of changes over the years.
Operations (Current Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 6, 2013
Pros: screenings, employee training, discounts
Cons: work/life balance, moving up
Senior management attempts to change corporate culture doesn't always trickle down to department management. As a company the benefits and employee perks are great. Department management varies and can be frustrating.
Sony Pictures
Executive Assistant to the SVP and VP (Current Employee), Culver City, CAJuly 25, 2013
Pros: gym at work, film screenings, discounts on merch and electronics.
Cons: currently in my group there is no room for advancement, unless i leave for another group within the studio or move to another company.
I love this company. I think this is a great place to work for. My group does some exciting work. My bosses are great. The perks we have our nice such as a gym on the lot for employees to use.
In my position I assist two executives and directors. Sometimes I feel like I am being pulled all over the place but I have learned a lot from working here.
Fun place to work
IT Asset Mgmt/ Desktop Support Intern (Current Employee), Culver City, CAJuly 17, 2013
Pros: great work environment
Cons: promotion
I only interned here, but its not too bad. Environment is great, however im not too sure about promotional outlook
A great job experience
Executive/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJune 21, 2013
Pros: great pay, great benefits, convenient location.
Cons: egos and attitudes of filmmakers and stars.
The over all environment was quite good, several nice people from the heads of the studio to the people who cleaned the offices every evening.

Worked in publicity and met everyone I could have imagined which I loved - even though I wish deep down I had never met some of them.

The hardest part of the job was juggling the EVP's ridiculously busy calendar, and trying to get track of everyone reporting to him from SVP's to interns and everyone in between.

The most enjoyable part of my time at Sony was that I made some incredible friends.
enjoyed working
SAP BI/BPS Consultant (Current Employee), Culver City, CAJune 11, 2013
work atmosphere was very good and gained more knowledge

happy working with sony
Great learning opportunity
Research (Current Employee), Culver City, CAMay 19, 2013
Pros: free movie screenings, wonderful coworkers, yogurt land on the lot
Cons: some departments seemed short-staffed
I've really enjoyed my time here at Sony and I feel like I owe a lot to the people in my department who helped train me. I felt part of a close knit community along with my fellow entry level employees.
Great Place to work
Senior Desktop Support Specialist Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: sony corp rarely hires full time
I enjoyed my time here as a contract IT Pro. Great technology of coarse and stable work.

July 3, 2013

Would you happen to know who to contact the person in charge of hiring interns? I would love to work for this company and can see myself working with film and media in the future. Thank you!

Great working invironment within the film industry.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Culver City, CAApril 11, 2013
Great working environment and great associates. Best part of Sony is being surrounded by like minded individuals with similar goals.
Fun workplace
International TV Production- Intern (Former Employee), Culver City, CAApril 10, 2013
I think, I was very lucky person to work in such a great company. The company has very friednly co-workers in any department, the job duties are just enjoyable to do. The company offers benefits almost every day, for example free movie passes, discounts on Sony products and etc.
Exciting place to work!
Temporary to Permanent / Sony Agency (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 23, 2013
Pros: education, coworkers, cafeteria, special assignments, health benefits
Cons: not many, in the beginning temping was a little taxing but that is how you learn about other departments.
I was with this company for several years. Learned so much about almost every department as I started as a temp filling in for employees that were on vacation, sick leave, or what have you.
Eventually getting hired here full time was what I wanted and I landed a the job I really wanted. It was a great experience in digital assets; had the best boss, the best coworkers, working as a team and meeting to get acquainted with projects and coworkers once a week was exciting for me.
Fun Job
Temp Assignment (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 18, 2013
Offered trust and more responsibility.

Walking around the famous studio like an executive.
Not a pleasant experience
Senior Vice President (Former Employee), Culver City, CaliforniaMarch 13, 2013
Pros: very good pay
Cons: many very long and unproductive days
Once I accepted the position of senior vice president and head of manufacturing and distribution, I was told that my boss's wife would be reporting to me. This turned out to be very uncomfortable in that any initiative I would put forward that his wife didn't like would be denied.
Corporate culture was fun, progressive, and relaxed
TV Programming & Development (Drama) Intern (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 8, 2013
Pros: reading scripts and watching pilots
By far one of the best jobs I have ever had. The executives and assistants in the television programming and development department were amazing. There was never a dull moment.
Great Company
Global Treasury Manager (Current Employee), Culver City, CAFebruary 19, 2013
Great Company, Entertainment, fun enrgetic, company to work for.
Cannot Imagine a Better Place to Work or Better Managers
Sales Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: huge brand, highest calibre people, entertainment industry, exciting
Cons: long periods of time spent alone
Small domestic syndication office with two sales professionals covering 60 DMAs. Position supports both people and acts as liaison between satellitel office and HQ in Los Angeles as well as offices in NY and Chicago. Works with Sales Admin and Distribution to ensure that stations receive programming.
Good
Oracle PL/SQL (Current Employee), Culver City, CAFebruary 1, 2013
I was having good time working and learned management and its was a great experience working with co-workers.
Great work environment
Vice President, Acquisitions (Former Employee), culver cityJanuary 30, 2013
Friendly workplace. Great people. A company that cares for its employees.
Major Studio
Merchandising Analyst (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJanuary 17, 2013
Sony has good benefits and decent pay. I enjoyed the people I worked with though the work itself was a little unfulfilling.
Great job! Great company!
LEGAL ASSISTANT (FLOATER) (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: great company!
Cons: down-sizing (hiring temporary staffing) was typical company strategy for cutting overhead.
Great environment. Great company. The projects and people are very positive. Centrally located in Culver City so it was easy to access.

About Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a movie-making monster. The producer of Godzilla is a unit of Sony Corporation of America, – Read more