Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures Employer Reviews

Fun Job
Temp Assignment (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 18, 2013
Offered trust and more responsibility.

Walking around the famous studio like an executive.
Not a pleasant experience
Senior Vice President (Former Employee), Culver City, CaliforniaMarch 13, 2013
Pros: very good pay
Cons: many very long and unproductive days
Once I accepted the position of senior vice president and head of manufacturing and distribution, I was told that my boss's wife would be reporting to me. This turned out to be very uncomfortable in that any initiative I would put forward that his wife didn't like would be denied.
Corporate culture was fun, progressive, and relaxed
TV Programming & Development (Drama) Intern (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 8, 2013
Pros: reading scripts and watching pilots
By far one of the best jobs I have ever had. The executives and assistants in the television programming and development department were amazing. There was never a dull moment.
Great Company
Global Treasury Manager (Current Employee), Culver City, CAFebruary 19, 2013
Great Company, Entertainment, fun enrgetic, company to work for.
Cannot Imagine a Better Place to Work or Better Managers
Sales Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: huge brand, highest calibre people, entertainment industry, exciting
Cons: long periods of time spent alone
Small domestic syndication office with two sales professionals covering 60 DMAs. Position supports both people and acts as liaison between satellitel office and HQ in Los Angeles as well as offices in NY and Chicago. Works with Sales Admin and Distribution to ensure that stations receive programming.
Good
Oracle PL/SQL (Current Employee), Culver City, CAFebruary 1, 2013
I was having good time working and learned management and its was a great experience working with co-workers.
Great work environment
Vice President, Acquisitions (Former Employee), culver cityJanuary 30, 2013
Friendly workplace. Great people. A company that cares for its employees.
Major Studio
Merchandising Analyst (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJanuary 17, 2013
Sony has good benefits and decent pay. I enjoyed the people I worked with though the work itself was a little unfulfilling.
Great job! Great company!
LEGAL ASSISTANT (FLOATER) (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: great company!
Cons: down-sizing (hiring temporary staffing) was typical company strategy for cutting overhead.
Great environment. Great company. The projects and people are very positive. Centrally located in Culver City so it was easy to access.
is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America(SCA). SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television producti
Sr. Java/J2EE Consultant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 17, 2012
• Used AGILE methodology for developing the application.
• As part of the lifecycle development prepared class model, sequence model and flow diagrams by analyzing Use cases using Rational Tools.
• Extensive use of SOA Framework for Controller components and view components.
• Involved in writing the exception and validation classes using Struts validation – more... rules.
• Involved in writing the validation rules classes for general server side validations for implementing validation rules as part observer J2EE design pattern.
• Used OR mapping tool Hibernate for the interaction with database.
• Developed EJB tier using Session Facade, Singleton and DAO design patterns, which contains business logic, and database access functions.
• Developed tabs with rollover effect using JavaScript plus other effects
• Developed web services using SOAP and WSDL with Apache Axis 2.
• Developed, implemented, and maintained an asynchronous, AJAX based rich client for improved customer experience using XML data and XSLT templates.
• Developed SQL stored procedures and prepared statements for updating and accessing data from database.
• Development carried out under Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
• Used JBoss for deploying various components of application.
• Used JUNIT for testing and check API performance.
• Used SVN Version Control for Project Configuration Management – less
One of the best companies to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Burbank, CANovember 12, 2012
Pros: the people and the events
Cons: it was unfortunate when our offices were moved to culver city.
During my time at Sony, I assisted many lawyers. They all were very intelligent and savvy.

During that time, job stability was something you could count on.
Good place to work, but not much room for creativity
Production Designer (Freelance) (Former Employee), Westwood, CAOctober 29, 2012
Pros: projects were fun and recognizable
Cons: job stability
Job revolved around the designing of print marketing materials for Sony Pictures Television. Work consisted anywhere from TV Show marketing binder, One-Sheet ads, web banners, and signage. The workers were easy to work with, and management did a good job keeping the workload steady. Since this is a corporate entity, a lot of brand guidelines were put – more... in place, which made the creativity process stifling. Overall, its a good place to work in, but not great. – less
An environment that fosters discussion.
Assistant to SVP - Original Programming (Current Employee), Culver City, CASeptember 28, 2012
• Evaluate and identify, on-brand materials and submissions for global viewer consumption.
• Maintain departmental infrastructure.
Productive and fun workplace.
Assistant to Senior Vice President of Operations (Former Employee), New York, New YorkSeptember 24, 2012
I loved working for Sony. I learned so much and the people were great too. I also advanced to a higher position in such a short amount of time.
Corporate Structure
Media Relations Intern (Former Employee), Culver City, CASeptember 6, 2012
Tasked with organizing corporate files and events companywide.

Interacted and interviewed with Executive Vice Presidents and Presidents of various departments within Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Successfully collaborated and organized initial private screening of "Michael Jackson's This Is It".
No matter what level I was in, I was always valued as a contributor to the team and my ideas were always valued.
Human Resource Coordinator Contractor (Former Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 22, 2012
Pros: segmented hr groups
Cons: various turnover
I learned to deal with different personalities and managers from different departments were always welcoming.
Great people at the corporation
Executive Director (Former Employee), Miami, FloridaJuly 2, 2012
Excelente work place, great corporation. A nice place to learn how corporations work and the TV business
Excellent place to work, great atmosphere,place to retire from
Contact person Sandy Moldafsky (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJune 29, 2012
100% excellent and fun atmosphere, great opportunities for advanement, explore creativity, a place to desire retirment from..
Productive and fun.
Exec Asst George Chien, Networks International (Current Employee), Culver City, CAJune 14, 2012
Pros: a lot of room for growth.
Cons: growth takes a long time.
The day is filled with duties and task but all in all we work hard and play hard! The sincerity of people is the most enjoyable part of the job. I have learned that every tool that you can develop in this industry is valuable. The hardest part of the job is the extensive climb to the top of the executive ladder.
Another top rate entertainment company and studio
Administrative Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Burbank, CAMay 16, 2012
Pros: company is great, people are wonderful, benefits
Cons: commute for me
SPE is my alma mater. Every year I spent there was enjoyable. A successful company with top notch executives.

About Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a movie-making monster. The producer of Godzilla is a unit of Sony Corporation of America, – Read more