Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures Employer Reviews

Productive and fun workplace.
Assistant to Senior Vice President of Operations (Former Employee), New York, New YorkSeptember 24, 2012
I loved working for Sony. I learned so much and the people were great too. I also advanced to a higher position in such a short amount of time.
Corporate Structure
Media Relations Intern (Former Employee), Culver City, CASeptember 6, 2012
Tasked with organizing corporate files and events companywide.

Interacted and interviewed with Executive Vice Presidents and Presidents of various departments within Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Successfully collaborated and organized initial private screening of "Michael Jackson's This Is It".
No matter what level I was in, I was always valued as a contributor to the team and my ideas were always valued.
Human Resource Coordinator Contractor (Former Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 22, 2012
Pros: segmented hr groups
Cons: various turnover
I learned to deal with different personalities and managers from different departments were always welcoming.
Great people at the corporation
Executive Director (Former Employee), Miami, FloridaJuly 2, 2012
Excelente work place, great corporation. A nice place to learn how corporations work and the TV business
Excellent place to work, great atmosphere,place to retire from
Contact person Sandy Moldafsky (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJune 29, 2012
100% excellent and fun atmosphere, great opportunities for advanement, explore creativity, a place to desire retirment from..
Productive and fun.
Exec Asst George Chien, Networks International (Current Employee), Culver City, CAJune 14, 2012
Pros: a lot of room for growth.
Cons: growth takes a long time.
The day is filled with duties and task but all in all we work hard and play hard! The sincerity of people is the most enjoyable part of the job. I have learned that every tool that you can develop in this industry is valuable. The hardest part of the job is the extensive climb to the top of the executive ladder.
The Hotel Transylvania project should make its mark in the animation industry
CG Animator (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 4, 2012
Pros: stylistic animation
Cons: rushed
Hotel Transylvania was a rushed project, but we made it! Most of the animation was done in Vancouver, Canada. It is a good, fun, and young city to work in, albeit's winters are cold and wet. The summers are said to be fantastic!
Another top rate entertainment company and studio
Administrative Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Burbank, CAMay 16, 2012
Pros: company is great, people are wonderful, benefits
Cons: commute for me
SPE is my alma mater. Every year I spent there was enjoyable. A successful company with top notch executives.
Fun Workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMay 4, 2012
Pros: awesome holiday parties, free movies
Cons: stressful environment, unstable workplace
Sony was a very stressful environment but rewarding at the same time. There was very little stability as far as holding a job. Opportunity to see movie stars
Leaders in the company make this company a leader in the industry
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Culver City, CAMarch 22, 2012
If you want to become a part of the entertainment world, you need to work at a studio, agency, or entertainment company. With its size, Sony is able to provide all of these features.

Similar to Paramont, Fox, and Universal, Sony is a big player in the game and offers every branch of the industry. With studios on site, its great to be able to experience – more... every aspect of the entertainment industry.

Also, Sony provides contacts to many other little complementary companies that you visit for voice overs, production, and other editing needs.

My superiors at Sony were some of the best in the business and they were seasoned professionals. They made it a pleasure to work in the industry and were able to give valuable bits of information on how to succeed in the industry. – less
The Best Job I Ever Had
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Executive Bldg. in Culver CityMarch 6, 2012
Pros: lots of free screenings. great neighborhood.
Cons: not one!
Great studio. Fantastic boss. Incredibly wonderful co-workers and the best team of attorneys I've ever worked with.
Productive and great place to learn
Financia Analyst (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJanuary 23, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: long work hours for month-end close
Sony Pictures was the first entertainment company I worked for. Pace is fast and month-end closes are overwhelming. However, I had the opportunity to work with the best people.
Enjoyable atmosphere to work in.
Interne (Former Employee), Culver City, CaliforniaDecember 28, 2011
Fast pace working environment. Solid group of employees, Great satisfaction of "SU2C" second annual show.
enjoyed working
SAP BI/BPS Consultant (Current Employee), Culver City, CAJune 11, 2013
work atmosphere was very good and gained more knowledge

happy working with sony
Not a pleasant experience
Senior Vice President (Former Employee), Culver City, CaliforniaMarch 13, 2013
Pros: very good pay
Cons: many very long and unproductive days
Once I accepted the position of senior vice president and head of manufacturing and distribution, I was told that my boss's wife would be reporting to me. This turned out to be very uncomfortable in that any initiative I would put forward that his wife didn't like would be denied.

About Sony Pictures

Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a movie-making monster. The producer of Godzilla¬†is a unit of¬†Sony Corporation of America, – Read more