Sony

Sony Employee Reviews

it was ok
customer service agent, sales rep, sales trainer (Former Employee), las vegas, nevadaJuly 21, 2015
very nice incentives, but not a good place to move up in company. I couldn't get promoted because I made the most sales with brought in more money. I had to train in order to get a raise which still wasn't enough compared to how much money I was bring in.
Fast paced manufacturing
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Pitman, NJJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Great Work Culture
Cons: Closed Plant in New Jersey
Great product, & work culture.
High Technology applications.
Excellent compensation packages, and great work / life balance.
But facility was shut down in New Jersey,
VAIO Specialist & On-Site Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2015
Worked on various vaio laptops mainly and a few desktops. Learned more troubleshoot skills and customer services skills. Learned about new products and sony specific software for devices
Productive and fun with a variety of different people
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Ability to pay only 10% of the price for the title that you worked on
Cons: Some people with few social skills or inability to understand when to change topics of conversation
A typical day would be showing up for work at 9 am and testing the title you are assigned to until the end of day, various 5 minute breaks and an hour lunch break.
How to properly find, confirm and write up bugs for the coders to fix.
Different co-workers had different levels of experience with different titles, they were helpful with confirming and writing bug reports.
The hardest part of the job would be trying to find if the particular bug was already written, as people use different identifying markers for different things.
The actual testing and interacting with co-workers was the most enjoyable.
Tiresome
General Operator (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJune 15, 2015
Pros: Weekly pay
Cons: very short breaks, tiresome
Difficult job to do while simultaneously attending school, but it has minimal interaction for people who may not like to talk so much while working.
Great Company to Work for
Vaio Sales Expert (Former Employee), Wrentham, MAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Benefits
Compensation at Sony was great. Great co-workers made it an ideal company and a truly fun environment to work in. Would rate 10/10
Music Software Engineer
Engineer/Producer/Songwriter (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 26, 2015
Pros: working with celebrity artists
Cons: very difficult and rough business
Used professional audio equipment to record and mix instrumental sounds/vocals.
Wrote scripts and songs
Assisted with build Websites (input code in Notepad)
Photography and Videography
Group Leader Production Manager (Former Employee), Pitman, NJMay 26, 2015
Pros: Good place to work
Cons: None
Ensured necessary tools available and preparations conducted to properly complete job
Supervised shipping and receiving to prevent or adjust to lag time delays
Managed group budget requirements
Mucha Experiencia, Una Universidad
Store Manager (Former Employee), Caguas,PRMay 15, 2015
Un Trabajo de mucho crecimiento en el area de venta de electronica, un lugar y ambiente agradeble, de mucho ayuda y un buen compañerismo laboral.
Fun while it lasted
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDMay 11, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Closing up stores
sony is a great place to work for, if they actually keep the building you are working in. They fired everyone I worked with because they no longer wanted to rent out the building. To try and avoid everyone taking unemployment they offered a buy out of 1000 dollars max. From what I hear only managers got the max payout and it was even more than what we were told. Most who stayed till the end didn't get much of a pay out if they didn't take unemployment.
Productive and friendly place for working
Sales Manager Assistant (Former Employee), C12April 2, 2015
Pros: highly organized, target oriented working condition.
Cons: salary too low for junior workers.
Get my finger print verified on attendance machine, walking into briefing room having a manager hosted short meeting wrap up about how the objective been achieved on yesterday. Right after that, grab the laptop and ready for a new day of selling data collection.

I was feeling guilty about how little the stress i had on contrast to those sell representatives had. they have to sell more than what they have done on last month for the coming month, while what i was doing, fill the blank with the numbers they created into my spread sheet.

Since each of us was in charge of a portion of the authorized stores in great Wuhan area, we didn't have much co-worker funs most of the days we working, but in the morning meeting.
fun
Assembly Line / Material Handler (Former Employee), boilingbrook ilApril 1, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no beneifts
loading and unloading trucks, fast pace job was pretty decent by helping time move faster. management was great. friendly, easygoing, fun
Sony Retail
Sony Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), new yorkMarch 31, 2015
Pros: the product, the people
Cons: job security
The company is great to work for but the biggest problem is job security, after about 18 months working for the company, they decided to do away with their retail division and put many people out of work.
summary
Sony PlayStation Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), idaho falls, idMarch 14, 2015
is a great place to work because its fun, easy, great awesome, cool, fun, fun, fun, fun, and fun. Management is great and wonderfull.
Work at Sony
Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2015
Sony ,i got good exposure on new technology i.e., Exadata and goldengate including NOsql i.e., cassandra.Had good experience working at SONY.
IT department in-sourced to an outside vendor
Call Center Technician Tier II (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great it education department.
Cons: sony no longer has an it department. they have outsourced themselves into virtual extinction.
I worked for Sony Electronics of America for one years. It was a great place to work, with great people. The only complaint I had during my stay was the extremely low pay. Sony in-sourced the IT department here in South West Florida, and then opened all new jobs in the Philippines starting 2006. I declined an invitation to “migrate” to the new company. In-sourcing was all the rage during this time. Every company that tried it, ended in disaster. Sony was number one in consumer electronics, then one year later; their desktop computers were discontinued, and their laptops were all but non-existent. Two weeks after the new in-sourcing company took over, the CEO showed up to find out why new career oriented jobs requiring a college level education were posted at a pay scale lower than that of the local fast food restaurant’s night floor mopper? It was a great place, with the absolute best IT Education department. I learned a lot more at Sony than I ever could have at college, but sadly I don’t see the company ever making a comeback. Until corporations learn the hard lesson, that human capital is the only capital of value on the bottom line, the giants will continue to fall.
Fun place speaking English as well as Spanish.
Sales (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: discounts in electronics
Cons: sony closed all the outlet stores in usa
Sales. Responsible of helping clients with the purchase of home electronics in English and Spanish.
A typical day at Sony, helping from 100 to 200+ people with their purchase,most of them where tourist from Mexico. My managers where the most helpful people on top of new training. my co-workers where my friends as we where a big team. the hardest par of the job was to try to help everybody in a fast way. I just love retail in a busy store.
fast working invirement
Coordinator III (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2015
It was a very great company to work with, I learn a lot within the 10+ years I worked with Sony. Serve as a liaison to internal and external groups including vendors.
Coordinate meeting and video conferences and prepare presentations. Provide engineering support and interact within facility to develop, evaluate and improve process.
Performed internal and external customer service duties to support various departments.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Garden City, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: one hour lunches, great atmosphere among same level job peers, decent pay per hour, good benefits if you stay & 401k
Cons: management who keep you there an unnecessary amount of time, not enough training, pay between different gender seasonals were unfair with the same amount of sales experience
I worked for them seasonally and the only decent manager was the store one who was never there. The rest of them are horrible. Actual sales associates are so sweet. They really can't train properly there. They send you out on the floor without enough shadowing and try to get you to sell right away. For the people who didn't have any experience in sales, it was a struggle. I wasn't one of them, of course, but it was competitive there. You didn't even work on actual commission and it was still hard to be praised by management unless you were #1 even if you did a good job. Please save yourself from misery now.
Fun industry, electronic gadgets, premiers for movies and playstation games.
President (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: nice people working there.
Cons: stress and being on call 24/7.
There was never a typical day. Following the markets and evaluating the various risks: markets, currencies, countries, etc.

Excellent team and co-workers.

The most difficult part of the job was managing the various risks and making the best decision.

The most enjoyable was using the new products and going to premiers.