Sony Employee Reviews in United States

No thanks.
Sales Associate, Retail (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2016
This is the job that convinced me never to work in retail again. 4/5 of my immediate management were at best rude, arrogant, and incompetent and at worst condescending, emotionally abusive, and malicious.

This experience is not mirrored by all that worked for Son'y direct retail channels, but many were affected in the same fashion.

It provided a paycheck for a few years, and because of where I was located I had the added perks of free entry into CES each year and the opportunity to fiddle around with and learn about high end camera equipment.
Pros
Paycheck, CES admission, cool gadgets.
Cons
Abusive, malicious, incompetence like I've never seen anywhere else.
Highly stressful environment with no clear support from management to promote employee engagement
Assembly & Packaging Analyst (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMay 19, 2016
- Typical day at work: Highly repetitive tasks
- Learned lessons: Stated quality management principles are different from actual quality management principles
- Management: Little efforts devoted to engage employee in the workplace
- Co-workers: Great co-workers
- Most enjoyable part of the job: open communication with coworkers
good
Hyperion Developer/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 21, 2016
The aim of the project was to use Hyperion Essbase to consolidate and automate business processes. Hyperion Essbase was used to provide greater insight to store managers into the store’s performance and also how and where to expand into new markets. Played an active role in all phases of the development lifecycle including requirements gathering and analysis, application design and development, testing - user acceptance, quality assurance, implementation and maintenance
It was a good place to work because we had 45 minutes for lunch.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 25, 2016
Answered multi-line phone system in receiving and processing customer orders for
consumer electronic products in a call center.
Input customer orders into the database.
Improved overall satisfaction by communicating customer feedback to management.
Took full ownership of each customer interaction and ensure proper resolution.
Assisted clients in defining needs and placing orders.
Processed returns from customers.
Customized help based on customer's need.
Explained features and benefits of available products to customers.
Good work experience and met alot of great people.
General Operator (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 15, 2016
My shift was 6 am to 6 pm 4 days a week.
It was my first experience in a manufacturing/plant position.
Management was great and so were my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for 12 hour shift
The most enjoyable part of my job was good pay and working with good people.
Pros
40 hours done in 4 days
Cons
Being tired after 12 hour shifts
productive and has a coffee vending machine.
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Its ok overall. The people there are really cool and you learn alot about driving and pulling orders. Management is always changing the schedule around but its been cool lately. Nothing really hard other than the expectations of having high picks. But if your pulling 60 and up you should be ok. High expectations for little pay.
Pros
sick hours
Cons
No job advancement
don't work at sony if you want a career
graphic design (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 14, 2016
Sony is only good for part time, and temps. As they are going under, and don't care about their employees. I went in thinking I would be able to retire from there. I advanced from title to a better title, however out of nowhere I was laid off due to budget cuts. I'm beyond heartbroken. I had a great relationship with my coworkers, however my department had to be cut 2 people. I sadly was one of the 2.
Pros
the work environment is good
Cons
company is on it's way out
A great place to learn and prepare for the next step
Caribbean Sales Representative (Territory Manager) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 14, 2016
As Engineer, I learned many other phases of the business as strategies, updated on technologies, profitability and sales structure. The name of SONY, give a step up from many others on any place you visit or doing business, due the compromise and serious company, the respect has been achieved from many other brands.
Pros
Great Company to work and grow professionally
Sony DADC Review
Print Plate Maker in Blue Ray Disc Print (Former Employee) –  Flat Rock, ILFebruary 23, 2016
Sony DADC was a great job, I just didn't want to move at the time to live in Terre Haute, IN, so I was driving one way 1 hour and 21 minutes one way to Sony DADC and back home for each 12 hour shift I was working, let alone I was told I'd be on a rotating schedule of 3 on 4 off, so I accepted the position and didn't think the drive would be that back if the rotating schedule was like I was told. It wasn't. I was driving 4-6 nights each week for $10.00 and working a 12 hour shift with an additional 2 hours and 42 minutes of driving time for each shift I was scheduled to work. It got to the point that I couldn't get to sleep when I got back home and I was working on serious lack of sleep, and decided to give it up to do my Carter Painting.
Pros
Nice people I worked with, was able to work no matter the weather conditions.
Cons
Pay per hour sucked, for as far as I was driving each night.
fun but the group leadder is rude n reason
creditor (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 26, 2016
I come in at 5:30. my group leader is rude for no reason and the creditors quota got raised and now we never really stick to our actual job title bc there is nothing to credit. they also started asking if we wanted to work on some days bc there is nothing to do????
Pros
never stop working
Cons
non payed brake
Average 9-5
Warehouse Representative (Former Employee) –  Pitman, NJMay 7, 2016
A lot of quality employees that worked together in one smooth operation. One of the best things I remember of Sony DADC is how clean it was. In fact it was everyone of our responsibilities to maintain a clean atmosphere.
Pros
Great Pay, Friendly Environment
Cons
Tough to advance in your position
Avery interesting company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 18, 2016
picked and put away different products,I enjoyed about all the different departments they had. My supervisor was a very funny and easy going person,the workers were good to.There wasn't really nothing hard about it,learning about all the different departments.
Pros
They had a flat screen in the break room
Cons
sometimes didn't work a 40 hour work week
very fun place to work with multiple opportunities for advancement
MAIL ROOM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 24, 2015
Totally open environment with very much room for advancement, excellent, supervisory staff as well as co-workers, many company perks, cross training in many, many positions, developed excellent rapports with accounts, involved in marketing strategies, creative displays, and various other similarly related activities
Pros
all positive pros
Best Place I ever worked
Data Center Operations and Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Sony had the best management team and staff you could ask for. No matter what the position or title when things had to get done we all pitched in and worked together. It was more of a family atmosphere everyone really cared about each other and making the customers happy.
Pros
Too many to list here
Cons
They outsourced the team
Worked as third party labor for Sony Electronics.
REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORFebruary 10, 2016
Worked mainly at the Clackamas Best Buy representing Sony electronics and selling 4K TVs and the highest quality products Sony has to offer. Little to no management other than self. Hours were consistent.
Pros
Great company, awesome products.
Cons
Hours, Conflict of Interest(s)
productive with sales
Acosta Marketing & Mosiac, Florida (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2016
Team work, helped others and continued to exceed expectations nothing but A+ work always exceeded and more. Made sure clients came first and always tried my best to get the job done with obstacles that i over come and the team. Nothing but the best always :)
working for Sony DADC
Recieving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INMarch 9, 2016
I worked there for 27 years,I loved my job. I learned how to drive all types of equipment and several different types of jobs. We were like a family, many of use were there 20 some years, I hope to find another job with security.
Pros
working as a team
Cons
they closed
The best position I ever held
National Field Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2015
Sony was proactive in providing in-house training and encouraged all staff to learn and grow to their full potential. Starting as an Executive Secretary/Admin Assistant in Corporate Planning, NYC; I was given the opportunity to advance to Professional Audio, as the National Field Sales Administrator under the Vice President. A rewarding position. It was difficult to move from the area.
Pros
Dynamic opportunities
It's a cool place
Sports Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 9, 2015
It is an after school program so the hours are not long. The kids are good for the most part, they just need someone to talk to. My co-workers were great and always let me know what I needed to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is the children. Watching them have fun and opening up is a beautiful thing. The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty day to day. There was more than one school so we had to share spaces. Sometimes we would have the gym but other times we would get kicked out and have to share the yard or go into a classroom.
Pros
Decent pay per hour, co-workers, children
Cons
Sharing space, Not enough hours
Great place to work at. Very friendly people.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  JPCJanuary 27, 2016
I only worked here for 2 months as an intern, but the work was good and people at Sony are very hard working, they are very friendly as well. Even though I was working in a different country they made me feel right at home.