Sony

Sony Employer Reviews

Great for college job
Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: new tech
Cons: job security
This job was fun. Got to play with the newest tech from Sony daily. Learned about internal sales. Great management on the Sony end. Difficult to keep shelves stocked with high demand products. Fun environment to work in and getting to communicate with customers.
It's VFX - Visual Effects for film
VFX Production Manager (Former Employee), Culver City, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: exciting and fast paced environment
Cons: long hours
Typical day at work is 12 hours of meetings, note taking, data entry, shot and information reconciling within department and between all departments, people management, archaeological digs for information compiled during shooting and now needed for post, budgeting, scheduling, deadlines, being an open book for all team members so information passes – more... effectively between the team - no bottlenecks. The most enjoyable part of the job - working with a terrific group of people with one objective - to get the film done on time and on budget. The hardest part of the job - so much to do and time is finite - only 24 hours in a day no matter how you look at it. – less
A company struggling to find a new identity
Retail Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Work from homeAugust 31, 2014
-A typical work day has me out on the road, teaching others about products and services that the company provides.
-This job has taught me how to manage my time effectively and manage myself while supporting and coaching others.
-Management has changed so many times, I'm not sure how to really comment on it. This company has been in transition, so each – more... year I've had an different direct manager. Even at the highest level, there have been several changes, so it's hard to comment on their management style and future direction.
-Co-workers have always been great, fun people to work with. However, with all the changes, many of those people are gone and overall morale has dropped.
-The hardest part of the job is keeping yourself and your team motivated during this difficult time. With all of the fun and excitement that this job use to bring, now that there is sense of constant urgency and job uncertainty, attempting to bring that excitement back has become the most difficult task.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is the subject matter that I am working with. We get to play around with and talk about the latest and greatest in electronics today. Not many people can say they got to watch TV, listen to music, take some pictures and play some video games, and that being a hard day at work.

As of August 2014 – less
Great Company
Production Line Worker (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: company discounts, great benefits, great training, great products
Cons: little to non production
Loved the company, employees, benefits. They had a steady and good production flow until they reliocated the company elsewhere causing a layoff
New and Innovating
Sony Ericson Marketing Development Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TxAugust 19, 2014
Awesome place to work
Great team work
Hardest part is keeping up with the changes.
Learned a ton about royalties
Copyright Department Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 18, 2014
A typical day of work was redacting stacks of contracts to remove information from them that wasn't pertinent to the parties the contract was being sent to, or was classified from them.
good pace job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), laredo, txAugust 18, 2014
at this job I use to input information for a renewal or replaced playstation. we use to input the data into the system and checked for warranties or any damage. the hardest thing about this job was we had a goal that had to be reached every time and maintain no errors.
Non- stop production
Assembler (Former Employee), New Stanton, PAAugust 17, 2014
worked in all different assembly lines wherever needed
learned new positions all the time
i enjoyed working here
Sales representative (Former Employee), hawthorne,caAugust 10, 2014
easy going sales oriented position assisted customers and answered questions regarding sony bravia line of televisions
Very nice
QA Software Test Engineer (Contractor) (Former Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 1, 2014

Excellent management
Good people
Con: Phasing down of dept.
Corporate Greed has DADC in it's clutches
Operator (Former Employee), Terre Haute, IndianaJuly 11, 2014
Cons: everything
Years ago people were proud to say they worked at Sony DADC. Now, however, it is embarrassing. Corporate cut backs have targeted ONLY the hourly shift employees while management walks around smug in their untouchable status. The hourly shift employees have been jerked around so much many have lost their homes, vehicles and families. Wage cut backs have – more... triggered bankruptcy and divorce, yet management and Monday through Friday salary employees remain untouched. Management and Human Resources are clueless about the needs of the hourly employees and "honestly can't understand why morale is so low". This facility is poison to a person's soul. The environment is toxic. – less
Productive Work Place
Android Developer (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 2, 2014
Enjoying work with my current Organization. Learnt lot of technical things and the process.
Started as an Intern here and now evolved as a developer.
Sony tries and is learning from the mistakes.
Premium Services Expert (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2014
Pros: great working environment with new and exciting things happening everyday.
Cons: too many business decisions made at a level that was out of touch with the consumer.
Sony is rather new to the retail industry and they are suffering from the pains of growing a new business. Customer service and innovation are at all time highs, but the choice of locations has really stunted the potential growth. As the Senior Premium Service Expert, I was responsible for repairing, updating, troubleshooting, and setting up all the – more... VAIO computers. In addition, I also do the same for other Sony electronics. Helping the guest and making there day were par for the course in my typical day. This was probably the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part was having to say goodbye to all of my managers and coworkers when Sony closed the location. We had a great team atmosphere with incredible synergy that allowed us to help our guests effectively and deliver a world class guest experience. – less
Sony Rep
Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 8, 2014
Pros: great coworkers and great pay
Cons: only could work weekend hours
Working on the Sony MarketStar program was a great experience for me. The only bad thing about it was I only worked Thursday-Sunday. And advancement through Sony was available.
High volume wafer fab
Engineering Manager, New Products (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 2, 2014
Cons: plant has closed
Enjoyable work environment
Good people to work with
Plant closed in 2002
Call Center Rep
SR. REP (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 1, 2014
Pros: short hours with a great compensation
Cons: short breaks
Days were easier than any other position I made a great salary doing less work but this position was only temp.
I have a very good experince working for Sony Electronics
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Laredo, TXMay 15, 2014
My daily tasks were to review all shipping orders that need to be process during the day by priority/eta and transit times.Have a daily meeting with all my co-workers to ensure we were in the same page to meet the goal for that day.
Also make sure all equipment was in good condition to avoid any safety accident or delay in shipping and receiving customer – more... requirement.
Assist to all daily meetings required by BU and Managers. The hardest part was to let members know about the cutting of hours required by operation without jeopardizing their Job and commitment to the company.
Most enjoyable part was that our operation was in compliance with all requirements established by our Customers – less
Fast-Paced, Fun, and friendly work environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYMay 14, 2014
Pros: food cooked on weekends for the staff
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work ranges from Individual customer service providing Technical support, Selling products on the sales floor and making new friends with new people.
I learned that no matter what situation occurs, if you have an amazing team behind you, you can make anything happen.
Management was absolutely astonishing in the work they accomplish, – more... the goals they set and succeed in reaching and the atmosphere they create feels like a family.
The hardest part of the job had to be was trying to push yourself sell products when there was little to no customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with new people and making a great connection with them and making every part of their shopping experience enjoyable. – less
very draining job
disc handler (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INMay 10, 2014
Pros: paychecks and longer breaks
Cons: standing all night
the job can be very draining put its a paycheck hardest part of the job is standing so long but its fun and people are very friendly
very good work environment
Tax Intern (Current Employee), Culver City, CAMay 7, 2014
The environment is very healthy. People enjoy working there and they all have a good relationships. It is very flexible and no pressure as long as you know what you have to do and do it well.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sony

Sony is synonymous with consumer electronics. It's especially big in TVs and game consoles like PlayStation3. Officially named – Read more