Sony

Sony Employer Reviews

Productive Work Place
Android Developer (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 2, 2014
Enjoying work with my current Organization. Learnt lot of technical things and the process.
Started as an Intern here and now evolved as a developer.
Sony tries and is learning from the mistakes.
Premium Services Expert (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2014
Pros: great working environment with new and exciting things happening everyday.
Cons: too many business decisions made at a level that was out of touch with the consumer.
Sony is rather new to the retail industry and they are suffering from the pains of growing a new business. Customer service and innovation are at all time highs, but the choice of locations has really stunted the potential growth. As the Senior Premium Service Expert, I was responsible for repairing, updating, troubleshooting, and setting up all the – more... VAIO computers. In addition, I also do the same for other Sony electronics. Helping the guest and making there day were par for the course in my typical day. This was probably the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part was having to say goodbye to all of my managers and coworkers when Sony closed the location. We had a great team atmosphere with incredible synergy that allowed us to help our guests effectively and deliver a world class guest experience. – less
Sony Rep
Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 8, 2014
Pros: great coworkers and great pay
Cons: only could work weekend hours
Working on the Sony MarketStar program was a great experience for me. The only bad thing about it was I only worked Thursday-Sunday. And advancement through Sony was available.
High volume wafer fab
Engineering Manager, New Products (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 2, 2014
Cons: plant has closed
Enjoyable work environment
Good people to work with
Plant closed in 2002
Call Center Rep
SR. REP (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 1, 2014
Pros: short hours with a great compensation
Cons: short breaks
Days were easier than any other position I made a great salary doing less work but this position was only temp.
I have a very good experince working for Sony Electronics
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Laredo, TXMay 15, 2014
My daily tasks were to review all shipping orders that need to be process during the day by priority/eta and transit times.Have a daily meeting with all my co-workers to ensure we were in the same page to meet the goal for that day.
Also make sure all equipment was in good condition to avoid any safety accident or delay in shipping and receiving customer – more... requirement.
Assist to all daily meetings required by BU and Managers. The hardest part was to let members know about the cutting of hours required by operation without jeopardizing their Job and commitment to the company.
Most enjoyable part was that our operation was in compliance with all requirements established by our Customers – less
Fast-Paced, Fun, and friendly work environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYMay 14, 2014
Pros: food cooked on weekends for the staff
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work ranges from Individual customer service providing Technical support, Selling products on the sales floor and making new friends with new people.
I learned that no matter what situation occurs, if you have an amazing team behind you, you can make anything happen.
Management was absolutely astonishing in the work they accomplish, – more... the goals they set and succeed in reaching and the atmosphere they create feels like a family.
The hardest part of the job had to be was trying to push yourself sell products when there was little to no customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with new people and making a great connection with them and making every part of their shopping experience enjoyable. – less
Good Company , Great people
Business Process Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2014
• Led efforts to switch legacy reporting to SAP Business Objects XIR 3.1 as an enterprise wide deployment.
• Led cross functional teams to gather and evaluate the key phases of the process to ensure smooth transition.
• Managed service process and technical training of all Sony’s products.
• Coordinated all internal and external follow-ups to close – more... issues in support of the project requirements
• Created Requirement, Functional and Design documents as per Business requirements.
• Worked closely with Business and IT teams to develop project requirements.
• Performed gap analysis to identify any gaps during the mapping phase.
• Developed project plans that identify key issues, approaches and performance metrics
• Overseeing project & resource planning and the implementation of Agile based execution.
• Developed Quarterly targets for Authorized Sony Service Centers.
• Monitored Authorized Sony Service Centers KPI and KRA throughout the year.
• Developed work plans and coordinated activities between work streams and identify changes in scope. – less
very draining job
disc handler (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INMay 10, 2014
Pros: paychecks and longer breaks
Cons: standing all night
the job can be very draining put its a paycheck hardest part of the job is standing so long but its fun and people are very friendly
very good work environment
Tax Intern (Current Employee), Culver City, CAMay 7, 2014
The environment is very healthy. People enjoy working there and they all have a good relationships. It is very flexible and no pressure as long as you know what you have to do and do it well.
busy TV manufacturing
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 1, 2014
Keeping the TV manufacturing line up and running. Keeping downtime low as possible.
Consultant (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 18, 2014
Good place to work.Difficult to get to. I was a contractor.Treaed with respect.
Learning Experience
Assembly Line Technician (Former Employee), Villa Rica, GAApril 18, 2014
Pros: met some great people and learned the definition of hard work
Cons: temperature on certain days
Working at Sony was great. During this time I worked on an assembly line and dealt with the packing of the PlayStation hardware and the accessories that came with it. The atmosphere was great and the people were the best. The most enjoyable part of the job was the conversations that everyone on the line would all take a part of while we were working – more... the line. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the temperature on some of those hot summer days due to us being in a warehouse. – less
My employees were great
COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Terre Haute INApril 17, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: hours
Sony supervisors are rude.
12 hour shifts are horrible
My co workers were awesome
demanding but fun
Supervisor/Lead Cashier (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYApril 2, 2014
Pros: good sales incentives, people, great product, healthcare
Cons: long hours, parking, warranty companies
typical day includes helping customers with product selections, service issues, and cleaning. As a supervisor duties included employee supervision,strategic sales planing, team building, training, and event planing.
The in store management team was awesome and headquarters were very helpful and frequently worked together.
The hardest part of the job – more... was handling warranty service escalations and dealing with system errors which were common. But the most rewarding part of this job was helping people get what was perfect for them and helping theme get their items fixed; some of which valued more then $3,000. Another great part of this job is the diverse people you meet; they are form all over the world.

Unfortunately the store that I worked in has now been closed – less
Fun but it's no longer there.
Warehouse Associate - Seasonal (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2014
it doesn't really matter how i review this store, it's not there anymore anyway.
very productive
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILMarch 24, 2014
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day consists of get as many packages out of the warehouse as possible. I learned different ways to work faster everyday. The manages were very precise. Co-workers are more like team workers. The hardest part was lifting boxes hat were too heavy. I enjoyed everything.
great job
Technology Guide (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 22, 2014
have no complaints. fun job, as long as you do your job and keep out of trouble. supervisors are very fair and understanding
Excellent company
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 21, 2014
I had a great experience with Sony. Managed a great staff averaging around twenty technicians and customer service reps.
Factory Service Center repaired all Sony Branded products. Showroom sales for Sony products and accessories.
Unfortunately, Sony closed all 26 Factory repair centers in the U.S. and moved Service Operations to Mexico in 2001.
Great job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 18, 2014
Pros: electronic sales
Cons: store closing
Great chance to increase product knowledge, unfortunately retail division is closing

1 2 3 4 5

About Sony

Sony is synonymous with consumer electronics. It's especially big in TVs and game consoles like PlayStation3. Officially named – Read more