Sorenson Communications Employee Reviews

Love the people I work with (for the most part) but too much responsibility for not enough pay
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJune 19, 2017
A typical day at work could be described as "hurry up and wait" the company is evolving and thus not fully testing things before trying to roll them out, and all tasks are perceived as high priority.

I've learned to self prioritize, work with many new software programs and teach myself strategy with different programs.

management is very strongly either micromanage or hands off (sink or swim).

the hardest part of the job is trying to educate people on things that they should have been educated on to begin with but never were.

most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
lots of food
Cons
crazy work load
Relaxed
Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 15, 2017
Relaxed work environment, but the job itself is mind numbingly boring. Good opportunity for college students or anyone who needs a flexible schedule as they allow you to choose your own schedule. The pay is very low and it's doubtful you can make a good wage working here. Few promotional opportunities.
Excellent company who cares about their employees
Communications Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 14, 2017
Typical day at work was pretty usual. Working at CaptionCall, you caption live phone calls for hard-of-hearing people who need assistance using the telephone.
I have learned about deaf culture.
I truly have enjoyed each day knowing that when I go into work, I am directly and positively impacting the lives of so many people.
Pros
Good benefits, easy job, nice people, positively impacting customers lives.
Cons
Workplace is crowded, can be hard to get time off.
They were OK
Technical Support Eng. I H (Former Employee) –  Taylor, UTMarch 13, 2017
They do not like hearing people and have an unwillingness change but the job was enjoyable and the team was good. I worked in the hearing Tech support and that hard to convince a deaf leadership that we were of value in and of our selves
Pros
the work
Cons
the Leadership
Work Hard- Play Hard Listed among Utah's top places to work
Sr. QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTJanuary 5, 2017
Thoroughly professional employees from top to bottom. There is a sharp focus on the markets that we serve and the products that we produce. You can expect to be challenged with aggressive schedules (but not overly so). The Life balance here is good with hard work called for but not too many hours over the 40 hour work week. They have occasional work celebrations when goals get met. Like employee picnics, barbecue, movies etc. You get to work an hard project with people that you like and you get to work with the deaf and hard-of-hearing providing communication products that excel.
Fun cultured work place
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City UtDecember 30, 2016
A typical day at work always varied depending on our volume or incoming customers, some days it was slow and other days it was busy. While at the job I learned about a little bit about the deaf community and was where I learned basic firewall configurations for different vendors. The managers and director of the department were great people, they would come and try to get to know us in the mornings and would check in with us periodically to see how we were doing, they were also flexible with us when schedules had to be adjusted for emergencies as well. My co-workers are a lot of fun to work with we work really well together, I think one of the hardest problems would be communications with the Deaf Support team at times, I didn't know ASL and have learned some signs to try and help with the communication in person when not using the Lync Chat system. The hardest part of the job would probably be working with our Government agencies because their process would sometimes be slower to get certain things done when troubleshooting issues to allow our products to work properly with in their networks. The enjoyable part of the job would be going to company events and everyone interacting with each other and having fun while getting to know each other
Pros
Free lunches, provided break room
Cons
no clear way of earning promotions within the company
I love
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 19, 2016
I loved working here, they just closed down SIP Relay. They appreciate who you are. They say thank you and appreciate what you do. They work with the deaf community and I love the culture and environment.
excellent teamwork
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 27, 2016
I always come to work happy knowing i have an excellent teamwork.

I always see smiling faces and positive input pep talks.
Pros
positive feedback, free lunches at meetings
Cons
nothing i can think of
It is a good company to work for.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 15, 2016
A typical day at the office would involved many interactions with different cultural aspects. Deaf and hearing individuals working along side of each other to benefit the local community and nationwide communities.
Able to work independently
Caption Call Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 9, 2016
Able to work independently. Great Management who interacted with employees. Hardest part of the job was customer would often become angry when discussing past due account.

Want to know more about Sorenson Communications?

Ask a question
A good job to have for students!
Communication Assistant (Former Employee) –  Price, UTJuly 5, 2016
This job is great for students who need hours on a flexible schedule. They worked with you as best as possible to fit you in while making sure you still fulfilled your other daily responsibilities. Management made great reward incentives to inspire you to do better than your best!
Pros
Flexible and Fun
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 3, 2016
It was easy to move up in the company when you showed initiative, the managers were pretty nice -- good people. It's definitely a little nicer than most call centers are. Though the job duties can be hard for some to swallow.
Pros
Good company, good culture
Cons
the job duties can be difficult for some
Family-like atmosphere; enjoyable place to work
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 25, 2016
Encourages critical thinking, work well with co-workers, good relationship with management
Typically customers call into call center
They present issues, we ask them specific questions, gathering answers, work together to solve issues; provide solutions
great job, but lousy raise
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 11, 2016
enjoyed job, very busy. but it very slow with raise money annual.

would great job if they pay better.

scheduling is main of job. work more than 40 hours during busy season.
Data Collection Manager
Data Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 15, 2016
I worked at Sorenson Communications..

I loved it very much as I felt their empower on me very well.

The hardest part is a lot of adapting and rush as a last min activating changed to meet the Vice president's expecting.

Responsible for database entry to ensure the accuracy of reporting. Managed a team in charge of statistic reporting and analysis of database entries to ensure the accuracy of the reporting.

Most enjoyable is to learning many new things.
Pros
Well pay.
Cons
Worked at your own pace!
Caption Call Trainer / Installer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 9, 2016
Typical day started early and finished early setting up appointments and fulfilling them. I learned how to install caption phones for the hearing inpaired. Management always answered question via phone call or email very fast. Hardest part was a lot of driving involved in this job. But made me happy to put smiles on people faces everyday
Great way to help customers
Installer/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 19, 2016
I make calls/email/text customers to schedule an appointment. Then I prepare for an appointment by using a checklist. Meet with customer, explain what I'm going to do and proceed set up equipment. Train customer on features available on endpoints of their choosing. (TV, laptop, tablet, smartphone) Stay as long as possible until customer is comfortable with it. When they get excited about this device, all the features such as call waiting, signmail, phonebook, to name a few, available to them, it makes my day worthwhile.
The hardest part of my job is the drive. The commute varies, I travel to 6 counties. Some days are easy and short, others long winded.
I rarely see my co-workers as we work alone most of the time. When I do, it's getting together at conventions that we go once yearly.
I communicate with my manager via email weekly. I do all of the data entry for my visits, invoice and inventory. The hardest part of this job is that I depend on customers for the work. My hours varies, so is the pay.
Pros
Schedule my own appointments
Cons
not always enough work to fill up my hours
Enjoyable place to work but very busy
Video Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 27, 2015
Management at my location needed more development, but overall, Sorenson Communications was the leader in the field during the time I was there.
Love the Mission of Sorenson
Human Resource Generalist/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 20, 2015
I Love the Mission of what Sorenson does. I was able to learn a lot, and really enjoyed my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with all of the different managers and people.
A good company doing good for the community
Sr. Director Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 1, 2015
Sorenson provides a very admirable service to the Deaf in the USA. As the market leader they are held to high standards and they do their best to meet them.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Limited growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sorenson Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval