SOS International LLC

SOS International LLC Employer Reviews

Good company, great people, and exciting opportunities
Manager (Current Employee), Reston, VAJune 25, 2014
Pros: room for growth and new career opportunities
Cons: lack of communication from senior leadership
Mid-size company with ambitious and lofty goals - but the culture and feel of a smaller company. Its an exciting, fun place to work.
Productive and fun workplace
Property Book/ Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Camp Taji, IraqMay 18, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: contracts not guaranteed
I enjoyed the employment, pay and benefits. Just unfortunate that the job ended for me.
Linguist
LINGUIST (Former Employee), Reston, VAMay 14, 2014
Great place good benefits... calm corporate culture.

A little greedy when it came to pay cuts.. worst compensation but kept benefits at a good compensation.

Overall best experience!
Mid-management feels like family
Linguist Analyst (Current Employee), Reston, VAMarch 31, 2014
Cons: contract work, not stable
Great work environment. Very individualized (contract). Great mid-level management. Unfortunately I just do contract work. Would work full time if the opportunity presented.
Good, professional and hardworking people.
Program Manager (Former Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 4, 2014
Overall a good company. They are very diverse and capable. As with any other company, expectations are high as with productivity. I enjoyed working there.
Poor, inexperienced top leadership
Confidential (Current Employee), Reston, VANovember 18, 2013
Pros: good place to learn how small businesses can struggle with becoming mid tier
Cons: chaotic at times. significant lack of matured process or leadership
Sr. Leadership is far under qualified to lead the business unit to long term success. This encourages chaos and constant switching of priorities/tasks. Its a challenge.
small company with limited room for advancement
Program Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Reston, VAJuly 31, 2013
I worked with contracts billing and various levels of management.
Poor Management. Recruiters Mistreated. Security Violations.
Intelligence Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee), Reston, VAApril 30, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: horrid management
Everything they do for proposals is done very patchwork and contract recruiters are used and then dumped.

Vulgar language is prevalent throughout, and employees are mistreated and verbally undressed by supervisors in the open. I saw a middle-aged woman yelled at to tears on several occasions.

My coworkers were great to work with, however management – more... was so horrid it was near impossible to accomplish anything.

Finally, they use no discretion on tasks which require a security clearance. Contracted employees without clearances are read into areas of contracts that they should not be. – less
Good for short-term depending on your field
Program Management (Former Employee), VAApril 9, 2013
Pros: got a lot of training and career advancement, nice people, great benefits
Cons: managed poorly, lacks strong mid-level employees, poor finance management, company is run out of ny
All other reviews are clearly written by disgruntled employees who can't even spell right. I've had a great experience with this company, they reimbursed a lot of my training, I got a lot on the job training and got a career advancement that I didn't even expect to get in just a few years. I've moved through several different roles and if you are proactive – more... you can do that in SOSi. The company has great benefits, immediate 401K 100% vesting schedule, great health/dental, great number of days off/PTO but lacks remote work arrangement or relaxed casual Fridays just because of the owner's perceptions. Most of the staff is really nice, very personable and easy to deal with. The professional quality of people differs - there are some gems but there are some random people too, unfortunately, sometimes the management just hangs on to those random people just for the sake of emotional attachment and continuity though they really suck at what they do and are not employable anywhere else. Because of this situation and the uneven quality of management across the company departments gems often leave so the turnover is pretty high. The company is NOT run by a foreign family. Everyone is American and has clearances, the main owner was born outside of the US, that's about it. Every department is as great as its leader, the COO is a bit intense and not often easy to work with, so some execs are able to stay and work with him, others don't. The family likes to have the headquarters in NY, however, they don't really have a business there as it is a government contractor. NY office is a huge financial and operational burden because the payroll and finance is run out of NY while the rest of other corporate departments including PMOs and billing are in VA. There is often a disconnect when people work in the next cubicle, imagine the situation with the different states. Some execs are really old and complacent, others are lazy being hired for big name companies they used to work for. Unfortunately, often there is no punishment for a bad performance, people aren't held accountable for very big mistakes or procrastination and it's a real morale issue for lower level employees. The company has a lot of entry level low paid employees and senior high paid questionable quality execs, the lack of the 'middle class' costs the company money but somehow they don't see it. Overall, I loved my time with the company and my advice is to accept the job depending on your specific offer/department circumstances. – less
Terrible company. Corrupted with their finances. Do not trust!!
Legal (Former Employee), VirginiaApril 4, 2013
Pros: free water. not much else.
Cons: totally corrupted and should not be providing services to the government. wasting tax dollars.
These people seem very nice on the surface, but when they made an error they first admitted wrongdoing than completely covered it up. Furthermore they record calls with customers and employees alike without getting consent or informing you.

Steer clear. These people will follow the legal demise of KBR and Blackwater.
Various with an an intersting topsite support
Senior Doctor (Current Employee), Algeria :Hassi Messaoud,Adrar ,In Amenas ,March 25, 2013
Pros: free accomodations ( remote area)
Checking the emergency equipment ,oxygene levels ,briefing with staff.
Taking care of patients ,observation records,stats.HSE job (canp inspection,health and hygiene courses,first aid training)
The hardest part of the job: Administrative paperwork
Coffee time
Checking new applicants documents and giving advise and instructions to move further.
Recruiter (Former Employee), Reston, VAJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: every friday we had free breakfast
Cons: we had short breaks after every 2-3 hours.
Working on multiple tasks every day.
Learned more from team work to achieve goals.
Healthy work place and well managed.
My co- workers were very nice.
When we achieve goals it was fantastic part of our job.
The Greatest and most professional employer i ever worked for.
Marketing & Recruiting Manager (Former Employee), Reston, VAMay 19, 2012
Pros: professional management.
Cons: na
family oriented, professional, opportunity for growth, great benifits.
Hard work, but good benefits
Recruiting Coordinator, II (Former Employee), Reston, VAMay 9, 2012
Cons: great health benefits.
No overtime, worked over 40 hours on a typical week.
Co-workers were the only good thing.
Spanish Linguist (Former Employee), Reston, VAMarch 20, 2012
Enjoyed working here the short time I was there. People were nice
Productive and employee orientated company
Labor Supervisor (Current Employee), IraqAugust 20, 2014
Excellent company that takes care of their employees. Would recommend it to anyone.
Start Up Project
Transportation Movement Coordinator (Former Employee), Taji IraqJune 19, 2014
Pros: working with experienced personnel
Cons: iraqi government contract
SOS is a very good company. This was a start up project for them to support the Foreign Military Sales Contractors in Iraq. I had an awesome supervisor and it was an experience working with the Iraq Local National employees.
Everyday is different due to me working with different cultures.It's avery rewarding and good learning experience
Director Of Services (Current Employee), Besmaya IraqDecember 25, 2013
Pros: non
Cons: non
My days always starts out making sure my customers needs are met and they are very satisfied. I work with some of the best we have a great working relationship and always help each other out and we all are over a different departments. The hardest part is trying to understanding the language there is a language barrier. the most enjoyable and exciting – more... part is when I get out there and work with my staff. – less
A Different Ball Game
Logistic Manager (Current Employee), Taji, IraqDecember 7, 2013
Learning how to cope with dealing international and USA labor laws for working in a foreign country.
Good organization, friendly work envireonment
Media Monitor-Interpreter (Former Employee), Kabul, AfghanistanSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: good salary and benifits
Cons: working in afghanistan comes with many unexpected risks and danagers
The work was 12 hours per day with US military and Afghan government official. It was a learning experience for me as I never worked with military before.

About SOS International LLC

For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations – Read more

SOS International LLC Photos