SOS Security Employee Reviews

Stay away... Especially Boston
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2017
The Boston office is run by a bunch of heartless managers. I was a supervisor at a new site. I really received literally no help from senior management in setting up procedures etc. Senior management would visit on a rare basis, criticize me then leave. Basically saying my job is in danger.
The communication is dismal at this company. The leadership is poor and ruthless.
No joke... I got fired for rushing to my pregnant wife's side when she was in labor...
Senior management in Boston are beyond horrible leaders.
Work literally anywhere else
Job is ok
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2017
I have enjoyed working for SOS but it has gotten to the point that staff's home life is not as important as the distance they request a person to travel for work. Not only do they not care about your home life but your well being also. Then the wear and tear on your vehicle.
Pros
Paycheck amount
Cons
working more than 40 hours to provide for your family.
Difficult job, with little growth
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2017
Expect to stand 11.5 to 13 hours standing up. You can't lean on anything, just stand up straight. The people you work with will vary on the store your put in and your schedule.
Needs better Management
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYJuly 6, 2017
All this guards do it talk about each other if your not part of the click look out. This in-clouds the site manager. Communication is the worst nor does the manager follows up with any work that you do. Outstanding at make inappropriate comments or jokes. If you make a mistake you wont be corrected on it by the manager but will hold it for leverage. Overall if the site manager was anything like a manager this company would be great. Hard to report the manager without information on who to report to. Nothing is taken serious.
Cons
Buddy system.
A Firm and reliable company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 28, 2017
I liked SOS. I enjoy working for them again
I have much respect for this company.
I was called to work when I really needed it.
Apply for this company and you will not be sorry.
Pros
An exceptional company.
This company is a very good company to work for.
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 22, 2017
This company is a very good company to work for. They have a great staff of management, if you do your job well and follow the rules they will treat you with respect and they will stand for you in case of emergency on duty, but if you not they talk to you up than 3 times till they finally fired you. The management does treat employees fairly and equally. I love this company, but I had to move to another State.
Daily Job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2017
When I arrived after getting settled I would log trailers in and out the computer system. I also had to make sure employees swiped their Identification cards entering the ware house as well as check their baggage when they left. I walked around the ware house to make periodic checks to look out for theft and checked all doors to make sure they were locked. I also had the opportunity to work the guard shack from time to time I got to check trucks in and out the ware house. I enjoyed working with my crew when we worked as a team and I enjoyed the staff. Nothing about the job was hard I had no problems
It's a very relaxed place to work.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 13, 2017
My typical day at work would be to do tours of the complex every hour and make sure I email my manger the tours. I've learned alot of things about working in a timely order. management is good with communication and also very helpful. The workplace culture is very relaxed. The hardest part of the job is the unconventional weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of my job is I get to communicate with the residents as I tour the complex.
Pros
That i can choose my lunch break.
Cons
Weather conditions
Professional
Security officer (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 13, 2017
Very professional and friendly , Understable and flexible schedules, always smiling a very happy place to work and keeping our customers happy and comfortable
Worfun place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 12, 2017
Very good company, i dont have a lot to say but i like it even though the salary is very law it is a very good company to work, just do your job and you will be loved by all the bosses.
Pros
No lunch
Cons
Yes they are
A decent place to work.
Security Officer 1 (Current Employee) –  Forest, VAJune 10, 2017
This is the kind of job where you might not love your job but you also don't hate it. If you don't mind doing the same thing day in and day out without much change then this is the perfect job for you. My managers does a great job trying to work with you in order to get time off as needed.
Pros
you know what your in for, Easy
Cons
3rd shift is lonely, pay is relatively low
Check Their Google Reviews
Patron (Former Employee) –  Rainbow Springs Shopping CenterJune 5, 2017
Wanna be trained to harass paying patrons?! If you couldn't make in law enforcement & have zero people skills, this is the company for you! Check their Google reviews for the truth.
Pros
Paid to be a jerk!
Not productive and wasnt really a fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 26, 2017
Interacting with different people from different culture on a daily basis. It remains very busy until about a hour before i leave. The most challenging part of my job is dealing with people from all cultures. Remaining Professional is my first and foremost objective when it comes to people at it reflects the company i repe
recent .In very job i do i always try to learn to make me a more rounded individual going forward
Pros
if u didnt take something to eat on the job well thats it
Cons
You had to eat while working
Decent pay with nothing else to offer
High end retail security officer (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 26, 2017
Boss cares about employees to a fault. Spend time standing in luxury boutiques bored with no advancement opportunities. The stores have little respect for security. Also limited breaks with 15 minutes for 6 hour shifts, and 15 minutes and a 30 minute unpaid lunch for 8-12 hour shifts.
Pros
Decent entry level pay. Easy job
Cons
Boring job, no advancement, treated as second class citizen
Great place to work unless you get the wrong supervisor
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
SOS was a great place to work, the other guards were great, pay was decent and the work was there. Whether I was floating or in a permanent spot, the hours were given. The biggest problem with SOS and this is specifically talking about NYC, the supervisors are very, very unprofessional. To the point where I constantly found myself screen capturing conversations with them because they were being so rude. I wasn't the only one, other guards had the same experiences. So if you happen to get a job here and get the right supervisor, you will be fine.
Pros
Pay, Hours, Scheduling
Cons
Supervisors
review
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 25, 2017
This company is very successful and has its best interest for the customer. The staff is friendly and reliable. Management was exceptionally fair and responsible.
Great Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 22, 2017
I feel it is the best security company in Omaha as they are professional from the top down. I believe that anyone who has a chance to work for them would benefit dramatically.
I would not work for this company.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 19, 2017
There is a very low standard of performance and personal conduct and appearance. It seems that as long as the company can put a body at a post, they are satisfied. The training is bare minimum to satisfy industry standards.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Frequent calls to cell phone during days off for filling posts, call outs, being stuck at current post, lack of urgency to get replacements, lack of provision of necessary materials, back to back shifts, cannot encourage others to a higher standard, DEMOTED for trying to get officers to perform to company standard, overnight officers falling asleep, etc.
Nice start up job
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 18, 2017
If you're desperate for a job or have a lot of school work to catch up on, this job would be ideal. You patrol an area, which often is a very stale and boring environment. I often worked swing shifts, so I really had no set schedule. I had no life outside of work, due to my schedule. The job also provided no benefits, paid time off, or holidays. The plant we secured, stayed open 24/7.
i was loving to working for my manager.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
SOS was one of the best security company I work in the past every body was fun there and people smiling all the time ,I have a lot of great memory working for SOS and I have one of the best manager there, he take care of us sometime he gave us ride to go home ,if our car have batteries problem ,he came give us a jump.
Pros
sometime we have free lunch
Cons
i was working in a good environment sometime i don't even take break time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOS Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8