SOS Security Employee Reviews in United States

Regional Operations Manager/Business Development (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 18, 2016
Lead day to day operations, business development, promotion and financial aspects of the Southwest Region. Oversee, recruiting, hiring, payroll, schedule, training, compliance and business development. Enjoyed cultivating relationships with clients and exceeding their service expectations. The hardest part of the job was the recruiting process to qualify candidates. With processes in place, this was effectively executed.
Pros
Major support from Senior Management.
Not a great experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2016
The S.O.S Security Company depending on the site that you are assign is a great place to work if you are trying to make an extra money. There is a lot of overtime. Just investigate the site that they offer before accepting any offers. Most places the guards are under paid and no benefits.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Short brakes, bad management, under paid
Good work ethics
Security (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2016
This job was strictly business. A typical day involved standing at a post and screening visitors and employees to ensure the safety of all. The team was very dedicated to the mission and all workers were treated with respect. The hardest part was standing still for long periods of time without being able to interact with others.
First Security Company that I've worked for that hasn't made me feel like an underpaid doorman.
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2016
SOS security was a very good company to work for, I always had hours and constantly received calls for over time. A typical day of work was meeting my on-site supervisor at my weekly assigned location. We would then do a goal review for the day and I'd get to work. My boss was extremely personable and even helped me to perfect my resume. My favorite part of the job was covering the different company parties, I always got some good food at the end.
Pros
Free food and beverages
Cons
Long hours at times.
SOS Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 28, 2016
Working at SOS has allowed me to gain experience in the security field which is my passion and hope someday this could be my career. It was a pleasure working with Management I had to suddenly resign due to my mothers illness.
Pros
Hours are very flexible Great Management.
Cons
Short Breaks
Decent Place to Work
Lead Console Operator (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 2, 2016
Excellent Clients/Coworkers. Not much room for advancement within the company, horrible benefits, little vacation time allowance.
Pros
Coworkers, Gain vast amounts of experience within different security industries
Cons
Low wages, No room for advancement, Horrible benefits
Very slow in processing
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte NCJuly 15, 2016
Been with company for over a month. Was issued 1 shirt and Direct Deposit still hasn't kicked in. Bad Management and YES! They do hire anybody who lacks professionalism.
Pros
pay is above average for contract security
Cons
bad management se
very productive company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJMay 31, 2016
 Prevent unauthorized visitors from entering buildings or property grounds

worked with productive people, learned alot working security with this company
Pros
great place to work
Cons
I found no problems working with this establishment
I got compensated well, there.
Security Officer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisFebruary 13, 2016
I would be an emergency fill-in and cover for various sites. I learned that your dedication to your hustle is your only limit, in this company. Management has a "hands off" approach which is both good and bad. I go to a variety of places, so I don't get to interact with co-workers, much. The hardest part of my job, is to keep busy when I'm not scheduled due to lack of hours. The must enjoyable part of the part was my compensation for a job well done, and meeting associates on the client side of things.
Pros
the high amount of hours when booming
Cons
healthcare
Not a great job
Security Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 5, 2016
Not a great place to work. No chance to advance. Leadership is inept, lies and plays favorites. When they lay people off they cut the bad employees with the good, heedlessly.
Pros
Being employed
Cons
Inept devious leadership, no advancement opportunities
Productive and well maintained Management.
Head Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 1, 2016
Great high end clients that looks up to you and are proud of your profession that you are there to make them feel much safer from crime.

The Management is friendly but strict and will help you no matter what situation you need help in. Makes you feel comfortable at all times.

Co Workers and Security Supervisors are friendly and stern to what they do, very professional and alertness.
Not a career
Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAApril 6, 2016
Company is very poorly managed. There are no interviews of potential employees, so your work with very immature individuals whose lack of work ethic reflects poorly on the whole team.
Pros
No micro-managers
Cons
Horrible benefits, do not match 401K, Will hire anybody
Responsibilities can be overwhelming
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Metropitan AreaApril 25, 2016
In the security field work can also go home with you. Balance is hard to hold on to. You have to be a juggler. Manpower is a vital tool that is needed along with effective communication skills
Pros
Always meeting people
Only do this job if you are in school.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2016
Not a hard job to do. All you have to do is just stand in a single spot and occasionally give directions to tourists (if placed in a high end store).
Cons
Short breaks
great place nice location great co-workers really good team
Security Guard - Gucci (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAFebruary 23, 2016
first its in Beverly hills ca on the most expensive street in Los Angeles had a chance 2 meet a lot of stars in very important people employee break room was on the roof with a great view just was a very nice place of work
professional workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  NJJuly 12, 2016
Good company to work for and a great group of guys working there. We all have similar work experience and we have similar work habits.
Nice environment
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Working in Beverly Hills was a new experience meeting upper class people and celebrities on a daily basis. I met a handful of my favorite athletes and a few actor/actress.
Pros
We worked around expensive items and the area is good for networking.
Cons
The pay wasnt good and there was no benefits. and parking is horrible in that area.
Very good work place for employees
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  NJJuly 1, 2016
Enjoyed working with my staff. Good support from management team. Flexible with employees to change hours when essentia.l
no recreation
Department Store Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
it depends on which site they put you,the day can be stressful as well as easy.most enjoyable part of the job is going home.
Pros
on free lunch
Cons
no short breaks
room for improvement
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami FloridaMay 2, 2016
Manager and Supervisor were not organized. The payment were low and is not worthy for the job. employes disrespecting customers
Pros
Cons
low pay