SOS Staffing Employee Reviews

It was an exciting and diverse work experience.
entry level (Former Employee), south miami blvd,durham ncJuly 27, 2015
Pros: the card to pay us worked and pay was ontime and if not they corrected it.
A typical day at SOS staffing was good.The coffee was ready and people greeted one another and staff was ready to give us our assigned stations and also helped us with clocking in without making it awkward.I would work there again.
Productive and fun workplace with a TV in the break room, with a good times for breaks
Assembler Packer (Former Employee), Provo, UTJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: theyre were not cons
Lead person in Desk Request. Received documents, copied, shipped or e-mailed information, filed documents, sorted mail and delivered, audited and inspected correct documents. Work done in less than 48 hours
didn't work directly for them. I worked at Knight oil tools through them
pipe technician (Former Employee), Farmington, NMJuly 20, 2015
Pros: people that I met were wonderful.
Cons: didn't get very much as far as benefits or vacation days
don't know much about the culture here. I just had to use them as a temporary service to get a job at Knight Oil Tools. I met some really nice people though.
Good for those starting out in the workforce.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 6, 2015
SOS LLC was a great introduction to the world of full time work in a fast paced corporate environment. The pay was decent for a starting wage but still not enough to live on. The supervisors could be a bit pushy about overtime especially when you had engagements you couldn't miss such as classes. Both leading managers were great to work for.
This is a contract company
Assistant Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee), Bloomfield, NMJune 8, 2015
Although this position was contract, SOS Staffing did provide me with employment within a the first week. I liked that the company didn't send me out to interviews where I would fail.
Good paying job, but not very observant staff members.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Brigham City, UTMay 14, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Staff members unobservant, bad hours.
When I filed my application for a job opening they had available, I included my background within. After working for Autoliv for 10 months, they attempted to hire me on full time, but was instead fired. They claimed I had lied on my application and didn't include my background info. I was fired over petty things I got in trouble for several years prior.

The job they provided me itself, however, was good paying. However I generally worked Monday-Sunday, 2 pm-10 pm. Once in a while I would get a day off during the week.
very good temp place to work with
general labor (Former Employee), Ogden, UTMay 10, 2015
a typical day at work with sos was so great and I learned so much stuff working with a lot of companies their management is great fun to to withthey help a lot of people the coworkers were nice to work with and I never had a hard part on the job I always enjoyed my jobs and always will.
Left field
Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Homer City, PAApril 17, 2015
When I started with this company I was told several things and none of them really followed through. In the short period of time I was there I had 3 different managers over me but I was the only employee they had in my branch and none of them made the time to come to my branch on a regular basis. I was left there to do things on my own with no real guidance of what to do. This was my first staffing job and I don't feel that I was trained very well. This made me not feel comfortable in my position or enjoy my job.
Great Community Service Program
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee), San Leandro, CaApril 11, 2015
• Daily Organization of Hot/Frozen Meals
• Complete Morning and afternoon route averaging 45 per route
• Express Great Care and Customer Service to Clients
• Temperature measurement of Meals and beverages
• Daily Mileage Reports
Very rude and judgemental
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 22, 2015
I did not have a agreat experience I felt the employees were very rude and talked down to me,they found me a job that was not very professional.
good job
Laborer (Former Employee), Moab, UTMarch 20, 2015
I got to learn knew jobs in the plant got all holidays of all the employees were great it had great pay got payday was once a week
loved the being out door
Flagger (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good pay long hours
Cons: seasonal
how to flagg and stopped the traffic for the semis that had to cross the road when needed to traveled a lot co workers was good worked with a lot of different people and having the ability to say I help build that road
Don't hope for permanent placement
Production Associate (Former Employee), Brigham City, UTMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good pay, good hours
Cons: having to take coveralls off to eat lunch and to go outside
Typical Day:

Arrive early for meeting at the beginning of shift before change-over. Met with person running the line I was assigned for the night. Verbal exchange of line's activities. Cleaned machines. Replaced slurries, tubing, water, and oil buckets. Swept and cleaned around machines. Called machines in to dispatch if they needed to be fixed.

What I learned:

How to make explosive initiators for – more... air bags. Also, that if you are working for SOS Staffing/Autoliv do not expect to be hired on to the actual company if you can be claimed high risk for insurance purposes. If you are "too much of a liablilty" they won't hire you. But get this: They will keep you working at the same job, doing the same thing, for as long as you want to work for the temporary service.

Management:

They're okay. Pretty much just come and observe or get people back to doing what they're suppose to be doing.

Co-workers:

Very cooperative. Help each other out to meet quota if possible.

Hardest part of job:

Trying not to fall asleep babysitting machines until their rotation comes around. Not being able to listen to music to keep you going.

Most enjoyable part of job:

Weekly paychecks. – less
Temp Agency
Temp Worker at Industrial Insulation Group (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COMarch 9, 2015
They provided temp to permanent full time jobs notified me when jobs were available and paid on time good company good staff
Temp Position
File Clerk and Administrative Help (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYMarch 9, 2015
I was a temporary file clerk for a department in the state of Wyoming. i learned a lot about filing and helped them to covert their older files into electronic format. i did complaint letter summaries.
Temporary jobs
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTMarch 9, 2015
Pros: learn different administrative jobs
some places were more then 20 miles away
I learned how to work in different enviroment
Fun to learn new things
Credit Coordinator (Former Employee), Pico Rivera, CAMarch 7, 2015
Working with people that had different skill sets allowed me to learn new things. Management were very nice and were really concerned about the staff's needs.
did what they said they would
Laborer/Construction (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 6, 2015
Pros: find you work.
Cons: some jobs are under paid.
SOS staffing was a a great place to turn when i was out of a job. having them available and willing to help was great. although some of their labor jobs were intense I would reapply.
great amount of hours
temporary Labor (Former Employee), Delta, UTFebruary 26, 2015
got to work with a lot of different people and learn more how a power plant operates. enjoyable because i got to work with people i know. hardest part working so many hours but it was well worth the time spent and knowledge gained.