SOSi

SOSi Employee Reviews

The people are very nice to work with.
Linguist - Monitor - Translator - Transcriptionist (Former Employee), New Jersey, North CarolinaJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Compensationis very good.
Cons: You can be away for too long.
I would go back there today if there were still around. You have to be selected and qualify to do the job.
My immediate supervisor were very nice and very understanding, you can make up your own hours according to the working hours.
Helping military to put right type of people on base
Linguist (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 14, 2015
Pros: travel in military airpane
Cons: Working in a war lactation Afghanistan
• Performed general administrative support
• Was present during interviews and served as a translator
• Translated both written and spoken word
• Interviewed and screened potential applicants and visitors
• Moved to and from various bases throughout Afghanistan
Can Not Recommend
Director (Former Employee), Reston, VAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Benefits package, non management employees are talented.
Cons: Corporate Culture, No advancement or professional development, High turnover to include the HR Director positon, poor financial managment
I can not recommend this company. While there are some wonderfully talented individuals who have worked at this company the senior leadership chruns through managers in every department and the turnover is very high with each manager lasting an average of 1 year. This is due to the ineffective top leadership. There is no trust established among the senior and departmental leadership and at the time of my employment the company had failed to establish an effective ethics program or transparency in their financials which is key to doing work in the government contracting space.
As a former manager in this company, reviews were conducted for every overhead employee but no direct individuals. Once rated and reviewed the reviews went before a board of top management where the CEO often directed changes in the ratings (lowering them) for individuals under my supervision whom he had no day to day contact with. Both merit increases and promotions were predicated on these reviews and I found the process discriminating and ineffective as it became an evaluation of how well the senior management team (specifically the CEO) liked the individual or not and not a fair assessment of performance. I feel like this is the number one reason employees can not advance in this company or receive proper mentorship and development.

Before considering a position with this company it is advisable to talk to past as well as present employees before accepting a position and research their reputation in the industry by talking to teaming partners, former customers, etc. before making your decision.
SOSI International
Linguist and Cultural Advisor (Former Employee), SOSI InternationalMay 7, 2015
SOSI International is the Best Company.I had a great work Experience.I did learned a lots from the Job I was assigned to .
Fast-paced, high-energy proposal team
Proposal Manager (Current Employee), Reston, VAMarch 10, 2015
Fast-paced, high-energy proposal team. Opportunity to experience a variety of projects. Great support from other business units.
Great Company
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee), Decatur, GASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: healthcare benefit could be better.
A great display of teamwork, yet a fun environment to be in.
Learn daily all aspects of surgery and what it entails.
Management was very unfair
Instrument Technician (Former Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: free insurance
Cons: good old boy system, no room to grow
no room for advancement, liked my co-workers a lot, not treated with respect at all, I learned a lot about sterile processing from this company.
Good company, great people, and exciting opportunities
Manager (Current Employee), Reston, VAJune 25, 2014
Pros: room for growth and new career opportunities
Cons: lack of communication from senior leadership
Mid-size company with ambitious and lofty goals - but the culture and feel of a smaller company. Its an exciting, fun place to work.
Productive and fun workplace
Property Book/ Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Camp Taji, IraqMay 18, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: contracts not guaranteed
I enjoyed the employment, pay and benefits. Just unfortunate that the job ended for me.
Linguist
LINGUIST (Former Employee), Reston, VAMay 14, 2014
Great place good benefits... calm corporate culture.

A little greedy when it came to pay cuts.. worst compensation but kept benefits at a good compensation.

Overall best experience!
Productive Workplace
Translator/Transcriber (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 23, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: no benefits & unstable
A typical day at work consists of performing daily tasks in a timely, accurate, & quality manner. I have learned to maintain attention to detail in this job at all times in which case an error is not an option. My co-workers have great personalities, are friendly, and are a great people to work alongside. However, there were several that lacked integrity, and some of us found ourselves picking up extra workload of others. The hardest part of the job is dealing with its instability, and not being able to grow or promote. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of knowing that I am performing my best for a greater cause.
Mid-management feels like family
Linguist Analyst (Current Employee), Reston, VAMarch 31, 2014
Cons: contract work, not stable
Great work environment. Very individualized (contract). Great mid-level management. Unfortunately I just do contract work. Would work full time if the opportunity presented.
i appreciate the love
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2014
These days its hard to really find close knit work places but this is sure one.
Good, professional and hardworking people.
Program Manager (Former Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 4, 2014
Overall a good company. They are very diverse and capable. As with any other company, expectations are high as with productivity. I enjoyed working there.
Poor, inexperienced top leadership
Confidential (Current Employee), Reston, VANovember 18, 2013
Pros: good place to learn how small businesses can struggle with becoming mid tier
Cons: chaotic at times. significant lack of matured process or leadership
Sr. Leadership is far under qualified to lead the business unit to long term success. This encourages chaos and constant switching of priorities/tasks. Its a challenge.
small company with limited room for advancement
Program Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Reston, VAJuly 31, 2013
I worked with contracts billing and various levels of management.
Poor Management. Recruiters Mistreated. Security Violations.
Intelligence Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee), Reston, VAApril 30, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: horrid management
Everything they do for proposals is done very patchwork and contract recruiters are used and then dumped.

Vulgar language is prevalent throughout, and employees are mistreated and verbally undressed by supervisors in the open. I saw a middle-aged woman yelled at to tears on several occasions.

My coworkers were great to work with, however management was so horrid it was near impossible to accomplish anything.

Finally, they use no discretion on tasks which require a security clearance. Contracted employees without clearances are read into areas of contracts that they should not be.
Good for short-term depending on your field
Program Management (Former Employee), VAApril 9, 2013
Pros: got a lot of training and career advancement, nice people, great benefits
Cons: managed poorly, lacks strong mid-level employees, poor finance management, company is run out of ny
All other reviews are clearly written by disgruntled employees who can't even spell right. I've had a great experience with this company, they reimbursed a lot of my training, I got a lot on the job training and got a career advancement that I didn't even expect to get in just a few years. I've moved through several different roles and if you are proactive you can do that in SOSi. The company has great benefits, immediate 401K 100% vesting schedule, great health/dental, great number of days off/PTO but lacks remote work arrangement or relaxed casual Fridays just because of the owner's perceptions. Most of the staff is really nice, very personable and easy to deal with. The professional quality of people differs - there are some gems but there are some random people too, unfortunately, sometimes the management just hangs on to those random people just for the sake of emotional attachment and continuity though they really suck at what they do and are not employable anywhere else. Because of this situation and the uneven quality of management across the company departments gems often leave so the turnover is pretty high. The company is NOT run by a foreign family. Everyone is American and has clearances, the main owner was born outside of the US, that's about it. Every department is as great as its leader, the COO is a bit intense and not often easy to work with, so some execs are able to stay and work with him, others don't. The family likes to have the headquarters in NY, however, they don't really have a business there as it is a government contractor. NY office is a huge financial – more... and operational burden because the payroll and finance is run out of NY while the rest of other corporate departments including PMOs and billing are in VA. There is often a disconnect when people work in the next cubicle, imagine the situation with the different states. Some execs are really old and complacent, others are lazy being hired for big name companies they used to work for. Unfortunately, often there is no punishment for a bad performance, people aren't held accountable for very big mistakes or procrastination and it's a real morale issue for lower level employees. The company has a lot of entry level low paid employees and senior high paid questionable quality execs, the lack of the 'middle class' costs the company money but somehow they don't see it. Overall, I loved my time with the company and my advice is to accept the job depending on your specific offer/department circumstances. – less
Terrible company. Corrupted with their finances. Do not trust!!
Legal (Former Employee), VirginiaApril 4, 2013
Pros: free water. not much else.
Cons: totally corrupted and should not be providing services to the government. wasting tax dollars.
These people seem very nice on the surface, but when they made an error they first admitted wrongdoing than completely covered it up. Furthermore they record calls with customers and employees alike without getting consent or informing you.

Steer clear. These people will follow the legal demise of KBR and Blackwater.
Various with an an intersting topsite support
Senior Doctor (Current Employee), Algeria :Hassi Messaoud,Adrar ,In Amenas ,March 25, 2013
Pros: free accomodations ( remote area)
Checking the emergency equipment ,oxygene levels ,briefing with staff.
Taking care of patients ,observation records,stats.HSE job (canp inspection,health and hygiene courses,first aid training)
The hardest part of the job: Administrative paperwork
Coffee time

About SOSi

Founded in 1989, SOSi is a leading provider of intelligence, technology, and project management solutions to large government – Read more

SOSi Salaries