SOSi Employee Reviews

fun
Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2017
Great place to work. I enjoy working for them. But they just contractor that is the only reason I don't like. I would work for them again if I have too.
Pros
lunch
Cons
break
SMEs with CI background
Subject Matter Expert, Consultant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 27, 2017
Direct contributions to the readiness of new FBI agents in the numerous talents needed to be a successful counterintelligence officer. Intensive training for new agents in surveillance and interrogation techniques.
Inexperienced
Court Interpreter for Immigration Courts (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2017
The staff and coordinators are inexperienced.It is very difficult for them to face any difficult situation. They have a communication gap and hey are not very well trained.
Good pay, unstable work
Analytical Linguist Contractor (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, FLJune 14, 2017
Management shows favoritism, unstable work. Great experience to work with amazing government agencies. Hours are volatile, plan on working all weekends unless you belong to the right click.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unstable work
Horrible experience.
Immigration Court Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2017
Stay away from this company. I invested 4 months completing all the requirements, including training and observations. Without any logical explanation, they suspended my credentials and did not let me proceed. Before you invest your valuable time, DON'T waste your time with this joke of a company. Look somewhere else where contractors are valued.
Pros
The training was good.
productive and fun place to work
STERILE PROCESSING INSTRUMENT TECH II (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 24, 2017
I love working for sosi. This is a great company and the only company I have worked for that offers company paid health insurance to its employees. It is also very family orientated and work with employees needs. Over all a great company to work for.
Fast-paced, interesting line of work
Supervisor and Linguist for Government Agencies (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
Log-in to a work station, upload any and all information needed to be translated. Translate and transcribe all necessary information. Proofing, editing, and quality control of all completed translations and transcriptions.
Pros
Travel with pay
Cons
No healthcare
Challenging job
Translator/Interpreter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2017
Translations are the same with all the companies,qs well as the ongoing learning process at the level of slangs and dialects.
The difference between one translation contracting companyfrom another is management and compensation and benefits..
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Needs management improvement
A typical day at work at SOSi
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 30, 2017
I enjoy working at SOSi very much; the team members are hard workers and fun to work with. I am fascinated by the diversity of the members and the mission that we all shared.

I like the challenge of sourcing and finding the uncommon language candidates and love explaining the job to them.

The hardest part of the job is to find viable candidates in some hard to find uncommon indigenous Latin American candidates.
Great company to work for!
SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS ADVISOR, ISAF HQ Afghanistan (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 5, 2016
SOSI takes care of their people very well. Honored to have had the opportunity to work for them! Detailed in program management operations, transportation, training and human resource management.

Want to know more about SOSi?

Ask a question
Fun workplace
Language Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 10, 2016
Flexible hours, good time management. Helpful peers; new and senior employees can always find assistance in work environment whatever the time might be, even after midnight.
Contract basis
Translator/Linguist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2016
The only bad thing about this job was the contract basis, but other than that it was a fast pace and there was something different everyday.
Pros
Excellen place to work
Cons
Health benefits
Typical
Worker bee (Former Employee) –  RestonApril 14, 2016
Avoid if you can continue to interview while your there. attrition is constant and never ending. No process or guidelines that resemble a professional company or effective process. Most new folks are still interviewing once they start.
SOSI overseas
Analyst (Former Employee) –  OverseasFebruary 3, 2016
The poor rating in this review is specifically tied to a project I was a part of overseas, not SOSI corporate or SOSI in CONUS locations. Without going into details, there was not much management support to the few contractors deployed forward, and the job itselt had no upward mobility or stablity. Compensation was great but tied to danger pay due to location, rather than job performance or duties.
Pros
free meals
Cons
Poor management, bad work site, no job stability
I have been working at International SOS full-time
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 10, 2016
I have been working for SOS International LLC for years and the company has provided me with an incredible amount of opportunity to work in a client driven environment focused on developing its staff to be the best they possibly can. Commitment to the mission and dedication to the work is the expectation from employees. An ideal place to develop your skills.
The people are very nice to work with.
Linguist - Monitor - Translator - Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  New Jersey, North CarolinaJuly 20, 2015
I would go back there today if there were still around. You have to be selected and qualify to do the job.
My immediate supervisor were very nice and very understanding, you can make up your own hours according to the working hours.
Pros
Compensationis very good.
Cons
You can be away for too long.
Helping military to put right type of people on base
Linguist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2015
• Performed general administrative support
• Was present during interviews and served as a translator
• Translated both written and spoken word
• Interviewed and screened potential applicants and visitors
• Moved to and from various bases throughout Afghanistan
Pros
travel in military airpane
Cons
Working in a war lactation Afghanistan
Can Not Recommend
Director (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 17, 2015
I can not recommend this company. While there are some wonderfully talented individuals who have worked at this company the senior leadership chruns through managers in every department and the turnover is very high with each manager lasting an average of 1 year. This is due to the ineffective top leadership. There is no trust established among the senior and departmental leadership and at the time of my employment the company had failed to establish an effective ethics program or transparency in their financials which is key to doing work in the government contracting space.
As a former manager in this company, reviews were conducted for every overhead employee but no direct individuals. Once rated and reviewed the reviews went before a board of top management where the CEO often directed changes in the ratings (lowering them) for individuals under my supervision whom he had no day to day contact with. Both merit increases and promotions were predicated on these reviews and I found the process discriminating and ineffective as it became an evaluation of how well the senior management team (specifically the CEO) liked the individual or not and not a fair assessment of performance. I feel like this is the number one reason employees can not advance in this company or receive proper mentorship and development.

Before considering a position with this company it is advisable to talk to past as well as present employees before accepting a position and research their reputation in the industry by talking to teaming partners, former customers, etc. before making your decision.
Pros
Benefits package, non management employees are talented.
Cons
Corporate Culture, No advancement or professional development, High turnover to include the HR Director positon, poor financial managment
SOSI International
Linguist and Cultural Advisor (Former Employee) –  SOSI InternationalMay 7, 2015
SOSI International is the Best Company.I had a great work Experience.I did learned a lots from the Job I was assigned to .
Fast-paced, high-energy proposal team
Proposal Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 10, 2015
Fast-paced, high-energy proposal team. Opportunity to experience a variety of projects. Great support from other business units.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SOSi. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval