SOSi Employee Reviews in United States

Contract basis
Translator/Linguist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2016
The only bad thing about this job was the contract basis, but other than that it was a fast pace and there was something different everyday.
Pros
Excellen place to work
Cons
Health benefits
Typical
Worker bee (Former Employee) –  RestonApril 14, 2016
Avoid if you can continue to interview while your there. attrition is constant and never ending. No process or guidelines that resemble a professional company or effective process. Most new folks are still interviewing once they start.
SOSI overseas
Analyst (Former Employee) –  OverseasFebruary 3, 2016
The poor rating in this review is specifically tied to a project I was a part of overseas, not SOSI corporate or SOSI in CONUS locations. Without going into details, there was not much management support to the few contractors deployed forward, and the job itselt had no upward mobility or stablity. Compensation was great but tied to danger pay due to location, rather than job performance or duties.
Pros
free meals
Cons
Poor management, bad work site, no job stability
I have been working at International SOS full-time
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 10, 2016
I have been working for SOS International LLC for years and the company has provided me with an incredible amount of opportunity to work in a client driven environment focused on developing its staff to be the best they possibly can. Commitment to the mission and dedication to the work is the expectation from employees. An ideal place to develop your skills.
The people are very nice to work with.
Linguist - Monitor - Translator - Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  New Jersey, North CarolinaJuly 20, 2015
I would go back there today if there were still around. You have to be selected and qualify to do the job.
My immediate supervisor were very nice and very understanding, you can make up your own hours according to the working hours.
Pros
Compensationis very good.
Cons
You can be away for too long.
Helping military to put right type of people on base
Linguist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2015
• Performed general administrative support
• Was present during interviews and served as a translator
• Translated both written and spoken word
• Interviewed and screened potential applicants and visitors
• Moved to and from various bases throughout Afghanistan
Pros
travel in military airpane
Cons
Working in a war lactation Afghanistan
Can Not Recommend
Director (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 17, 2015
I can not recommend this company. While there are some wonderfully talented individuals who have worked at this company the senior leadership chruns through managers in every department and the turnover is very high with each manager lasting an average of 1 year. This is due to the ineffective top leadership. There is no trust established among the senior and departmental leadership and at the time of my employment the company had failed to establish an effective ethics program or transparency in their financials which is key to doing work in the government contracting space.
As a former manager in this company, reviews were conducted for every overhead employee but no direct individuals. Once rated and reviewed the reviews went before a board of top management where the CEO often directed changes in the ratings (lowering them) for individuals under my supervision whom he had no day to day contact with. Both merit increases and promotions were predicated on these reviews and I found the process discriminating and ineffective as it became an evaluation of how well the senior management team (specifically the CEO) liked the individual or not and not a fair assessment of performance. I feel like this is the number one reason employees can not advance in this company or receive proper mentorship and development.

Before considering a position with this company it is advisable to talk to past as well as present employees before accepting a position and research their reputation in the industry by talking to teaming partners, former customers, etc. before making your decision.
Pros
Benefits package, non management employees are talented.
Cons
Corporate Culture, No advancement or professional development, High turnover to include the HR Director positon, poor financial managment
SOSI International
Linguist and Cultural Advisor (Former Employee) –  SOSI InternationalMay 7, 2015
SOSI International is the Best Company.I had a great work Experience.I did learned a lots from the Job I was assigned to .
Great Company
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 20, 2014
A great display of teamwork, yet a fun environment to be in.
Learn daily all aspects of surgery and what it entails.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
healthcare benefit could be better.
Management was very unfair
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 7, 2014
no room for advancement, liked my co-workers a lot, not treated with respect at all, I learned a lot about sterile processing from this company.
Pros
free insurance
Cons
good old boy system, no room to grow
Good company, great people, and exciting opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 25, 2014
Mid-size company with ambitious and lofty goals - but the culture and feel of a smaller company. Its an exciting, fun place to work.
Pros
room for growth and new career opportunities
Cons
lack of communication from senior leadership
Productive and fun workplace
Property Book/ Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Taji, IraqMay 18, 2014
I enjoyed the employment, pay and benefits. Just unfortunate that the job ended for me.
Pros
great company
Cons
contracts not guaranteed
Linguist
LINGUIST (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 14, 2014
Great place good benefits... calm corporate culture.

A little greedy when it came to pay cuts.. worst compensation but kept benefits at a good compensation.

Overall best experience!
Productive Workplace
Translator/Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 23, 2014
A typical day at work consists of performing daily tasks in a timely, accurate, & quality manner. I have learned to maintain attention to detail in this job at all times in which case an error is not an option. My co-workers have great personalities, are friendly, and are a great people to work alongside. However, there were several that lacked integrity, and some of us found ourselves picking up extra workload of others. The hardest part of the job is dealing with its instability, and not being able to grow or promote. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of knowing that I am performing my best for a greater cause.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
no benefits & unstable
Mid-management feels like family
Linguist Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 31, 2014
Great work environment. Very individualized (contract). Great mid-level management. Unfortunately I just do contract work. Would work full time if the opportunity presented.
Cons
contract work, not stable
i appreciate the love
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2014
These days its hard to really find close knit work places but this is sure one.
Good, professional and hardworking people.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 4, 2014
Overall a good company. They are very diverse and capable. As with any other company, expectations are high as with productivity. I enjoyed working there.
Poor, inexperienced top leadership
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 18, 2013
Sr. Leadership is far under qualified to lead the business unit to long term success. This encourages chaos and constant switching of priorities/tasks. Its a challenge.
Pros
good place to learn how small businesses can struggle with becoming mid tier
Cons
chaotic at times. significant lack of matured process or leadership
small company with limited room for advancement
Program Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 31, 2013
I worked with contracts billing and various levels of management.
Poor Management. Recruiters Mistreated. Security Violations.
Intelligence Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 30, 2013
Everything they do for proposals is done very patchwork and contract recruiters are used and then dumped.

Vulgar language is prevalent throughout, and employees are mistreated and verbally undressed by supervisors in the open. I saw a middle-aged woman yelled at to tears on several occasions.

My coworkers were great to work with, however management was so horrid it was near impossible to accomplish anything.

Finally, they use no discretion on tasks which require a security clearance. Contracted employees without clearances are read into areas of contracts that they should not be.
Pros
free food
Cons
horrid management

2.9