Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc.

Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc. Employer Reviews

Probably not a long term place to work.
PAYROLL (Former Employee), FREDERICK, MDDecember 31, 2013
Pros: payroll is made every two weeks.
Cons: company asks too much of its employees.
Sotera appears to be a very stressed company after purchasing a few companies in 2012. Many top and low level employees have left or have been asked to leave during the past couple of years. I would imagine at this point in time the third party owners of Sotera probably wished they had never bought the company. Administration was understaffed, pushed to work too quickly, and the word quality took a back seat. Some very nice people have been asked to alter their lives too much to help the company.Not a company I would recommend to a friend.
Application process
N/A (Former Employee), N/AOctober 29, 2013
Not impressed with a company that asks for part of your social security number and your day and month of birth in order to apply for a job. I'm not that desperate to find a job! Shows poor ethics and a company I don't want to work for.
Great mission/employer/team
Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DC areaDecember 15, 2012
I'm the former employee of this company who very accidentally wrote a comment that appeared critical of the company. Here's what I meant to say:

I would recommend this company to anyone, PARTICULARLY those interested in working in a nurturing environment, with great benefits, and in pursuit of a critical U.S. national security mission.
Dedicated to a key mission, and to keeping employees happy.
All-Source Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 22, 2012
I would recommend this company to anyone except those interested in working in a nurturing environment, with great benefits, and in pursuit of a critical U.S. national security mission.

October 30, 2012

I'm not sure whether this review is highly positive with an unfortunate typo, or intended to be ironic.