Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc.

Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc. Employer Reviews

Probably not a long term place to work.
PAYROLL (Former Employee), FREDERICK, MDDecember 31, 2013
Pros: payroll is made every two weeks.
Cons: company asks too much of its employees.
Sotera appears to be a very stressed company after purchasing a few companies in 2012. Many top and low level employees have left or have been asked to leave during the past couple of years. I would imagine at this point in time the third party owners of Sotera probably wished they had never bought the company. Administration was understaffed, pushed – more... to work too quickly, and the word quality took a back seat. Some very nice people have been asked to alter their lives too much to help the company.Not a company I would recommend to a friend. – less
Application process
N/A (Former Employee), N/AOctober 29, 2013
Not impressed with a company that asks for part of your social security number and your day and month of birth in order to apply for a job. I'm not that desperate to find a job! Shows poor ethics and a company I don't want to work for.
Great mission/employer/team
Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DC areaDecember 15, 2012
I'm the former employee of this company who very accidentally wrote a comment that appeared critical of the company. Here's what I meant to say:

I would recommend this company to anyone, PARTICULARLY those interested in working in a nurturing environment, with great benefits, and in pursuit of a critical U.S. national security mission.
Dedicated to a key mission, and to keeping employees happy.
All-Source Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 22, 2012
I would recommend this company to anyone except those interested in working in a nurturing environment, with great benefits, and in pursuit of a critical U.S. national security mission.

October 30, 2012

I'm not sure whether this review is highly positive with an unfortunate typo, or intended to be ironic.