Sotheby's International Realty Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
My Real Estate job was just to fill a gap while looking for a career with animals
Real Estate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pacific Palisades, CAAugust 24, 2017
Excellent entry level job, which provided all tools necessary for success. I would highly recommend Sotheby's for anyone interested in pursuing a career in the real estate field.
Pros
Excellent training, flexible hours, ability to work from home
Cons
Uncertainty of real estate market.
This was a temporary job
VARIOUS TEMPORARY POSITIONS (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2017
Worked as an assistant to Royce Pinkwater. Excellent boss who was extremely knowledgeable of NYC luxury real estate. While I worked for her, I got the chance to view apartment closings. That was great.
Respectful place of business
Open House Host/Customer Greeter (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJune 19, 2017
My position at Sotheby's was part time and temporary but I enjoyed every minute I worked there.

Management treated me respectfully and always showed care and concern for my well being and needs to perform my job to the fullest.

All the team members at Sotheby's were helpful and always provided me with the tools and direction needed.

Hats off to Sotheby's and thank you for the opportunity to work for such a professional and friendly team.
Pros
Great location, helpful team members
Cons
It wasn't a permanent position
Great
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2017
Enjoyed working at Sotheby's International Realty although I was only a part time employee. I learned much and found it was a great place to make connections.
Great place to work and with great people
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Incline Village, NVMay 27, 2017
Work here typically consists of setting up showings, talking with real estate agents and potential clients, and doing day-to-day tasks in the office. The people here are awesome to work with and are extremely supportive.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive, fun
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Sonoma, CAMay 22, 2017
Great place to work. ProvideS support for new agents. Friendly atmosphere with great support staff. Knowledgeable staff , managers and agents. Would recommend working for Sotheby's.
Realtor Associate
Realtor Associate (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLMay 6, 2017
Wonderful luxury real estate company, the staff in the office is great. My colleagues are very enjoyable too. The potential is limitless. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Corporate john l scott office, Bellevue, wa.
Real Estate Broker (Former Employee) –  Sothebys international Realty Bend, Or.April 30, 2017
Awesome training for new brokers, successful contract writing training with their lawyer and great management. Their systems are also easy to navigate.
Overall the Bellevue, wa office was an excellent experience entering a challenging position. With a background in professional sales and John l Scott agent training, they are committed to help you succeed.
Pros
You are the reason for your success. You're the boss and your own bussiness owner
Cons
You need a large buffer to live on until business is established.
Solid company
Associate Broker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2017
Sotheby's International Realty is a reputable and solid real estate brokerage. There are several offices in NYC and they provide ample and valuable training as well as tremendous marketing tools.
All types of homes for all types of people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 27, 2017
a typical day at work was fun and exciting to see the new faxes and flyers that came in during the night.
I learned how hard it was to sell a home
Managers were always nice to everyone
Workplace culture was very chill and easy going
hardest part was the major copies that had to be done
the most enjoyable part was seeing the people on both sides buying and selling their home sign the dotted lines
Pros
everyday was a great day
Cons
I had to move away beyond my control
Great Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Sotheby's International Realty in Brentwood provides a terrific work environment for the self-starter or experienced agent. The location is perfectly sited for Associates with Clients in Santa Monica, Brentwood, Bel Air and Westwood,CA
prestigious company
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 14, 2016
good reputation in the marketplace. nice perks with help with design and marketing. nice advertising available. professional and friendly realtors and staff
Overwhelming amount of workload, poor salary, but amazing coworkers.
Senior Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 21, 2016
Day-to-day operations included managing 90 different sales representatives and their escrow files. The work here is extremely fast paced and requires a meticulous work ethic. Most days were routine in terms of work, but overall extremely busy with over 150 emails per day. The hardest part of the job was prioritizing different The staff is incredible, one of the best teams I have ever had the pleasure of working with in any industry.
Very interesting and productive place
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 9, 2016
Very interesting and qualified company, in which I've been developing the skill of being a Realtor in the Bay Area.
I've learned to optimize my skills as an independent worker, together with the team work possible in an environment such as Real Estate.

The management is been excellent, and very good co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is been to find and keep clients, and organize the due work around this.

The most enjoyable part of the work is been succeeding with the needs of my clients, and the commission of a good job done.
Pros
Morning breakfast and coffee breaks
Decent, kind of sink or swim.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2016
Looks great on your resume but don't expect it to be super glamorous. Good managers but there are a lot of processes needed to do your job and there should be dedicated week or so solely for training.
Pros
Looks great on resume
One of the best places to work
Office Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CASeptember 12, 2016
A typical day at work - No two days are ever alike.
What I learned - How to deal with difficult people positively
Management -
Co-workers - Are great
Hardest part of the job - none
The most enjoyable part of my job - it not considered a job because I love what I do.
Sothebys
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAAugust 26, 2016
Great work environment and friendly co workers. The staff works tirelessly to support all agents.Best agency in LA and around the world.
Exciting Start Up position with affiliation to Sotheby's Auction Housse
Vice president Broker Affiliation (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2016
This job was a high pressure job, which I knew when accepting the job. Traveled 200+days annually throughout the US and Carribbean.

Responsible for affiliating independent real estate companies with the Sotheby's International Realty programs and tools.
Pros
Traveled to Luxury markets in the US and Carribbean
Cons
Very long hours and days - air travel not always a plus
Great place to work - as long as...
Employee (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJune 14, 2016
I have found that this company is a wonderful place to work - provided you show that you want to be here and put in your best efforts. Sure, your hard work may go unnoticed from time to time, but people who really push themselves to get the job done swiftly and efficiently are recognized for their efforts.
There are some disconnects, from time to time, between Corporate in NY and the individual offices, which make seamless communication and understanding throughout the company challenging.
The perks could be better, but they could also be worse (like none).
There isn't much of a sense of togetherness from office to office and I feel that the company would benefit from bringing multiple offices together to build more cohesive working relationships.
As with any job, there are the good days and the bad. I find that working here, it's a matter of attitude and how you allow things to effect you that make the difference of whether you're happy or not. If you're decidedly unhappy, then you won't like it.
It takes work, dedication, a thick skin and communication to work in an environment such as this.
Pros
Stability, cross-training, employee development
Cons
Lack of communication, complainers
Luxury environment
Real Estate Broker (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAJune 2, 2016
I was an independent worker, who had to do what ever it took to get buyers & sellers by cold calling and doing open houses. I also mailed out packets to potential buyers and sellers in WA.
Pros
Ability to make a good living for my family and I.
Cons
The market plays a big roll in how well you do.