Sotheby's Employee Review

Intellectually interesting and fast paced environment
Business Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York CityJanuary 14, 2014
From my early days, I enjoyed meeting and cultivating new clients, I helped them navigate the nuances of the auction process and ultimately assisted them with successful purchases or sales thereby driving revenue for the company. Not only did I increase sales for our department but also developed a broad client base which formed a strong foundation for each auction season. Those experiences prepared me for the second phase in my career. I moved within corporate headquarters and focused on internal clients (colleagues). I joined a small team to revitalize our satellite offices in North and South America. This was not an easy time, but one which provided a fertile teaching ground on how to handle difficult situations with diplomacy and sincerity. We were tasked with implementing new processes and procedures to ensure that our clients continued to receive the same exceptional service. This knowledge proved helpful in the following years when we increased our presence in Texas and other areas around North and South America.

Currently I focus on internal clients but with an emphasis on finance and client development strategy. During this time, I have honed my skills at translating financial information from our analysts into terms that are easily understood by our senior staff and vice versa. I work with our senior business development officers to grow the business as well as deepen the relationships with our current client base.

The environment is energetic and always interesting. My colleagues come from diverse backgrounds with different interests that lend to a
  more... unique working environment.  less
Pros
great working environment

Other Sotheby's Employee Reviews

Little to no management or advancement
Specialist Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2018
Talent isn't cultivated; low pay; long hours; minimal communication between management and employees; can be a toxic and catty environment; nepotistic
Realtor with this top notch real estate firm
Licensed Realtor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAOctober 22, 2017
When I placed my California Real Estate license with the Managing Broker - it was a smaller brokerage house - United California Brokers (UCB). The Managing Broker was always available to help with any situation, questions that I had. Informative weekly meetings, happenings at our office that concurred with the City of Danville's events ... a favorite of the agents & clients was the Annual July 4th BBQ!