SoulCycle Employee Reviews

Great Workplace
Manager On Duty (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 12, 2017
Everyone is so nice, well trained, and you take things with you for the rest of your life from SoulCycle. Corporate hires from only within, but that is a great thing bc you know the ins and outs of SoulCycle.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Pays a little low
Great place to work if you want discounts
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2017
I really loved the community feeling that they created at soulcycle. everyone was really friendly and kind to work with. The job task weren't hard at all and everyone got along to get things done. I really enjoyed my time with the company! I still go back from time to time.
Pros
great hours
Cons
low pay
SoulCycle
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2017
SoulCycle is a really cool place. Culture is great, classes are fun. However-- management does not support their staff, low pay, and the company is on a downward spiral.
underpaid
Cleaning Crew (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 9, 2017
I wouldnt recommend soul cycle only if your looking for something temporary, the hours are all over the place, the pay is very low, too much work for such little pay, a typical day at work starts off with cleaning and they want you t constantly be cleaning. I've learned to know all thefts before accepting a job. management is ok but I feel like they don't really care about there cleaning staff.
theres no culture here. the hardest part about the job is working alone and they expect you to get it all done all by yourself another indication that they don't care about their cleaning staff.
only thing I enjoyed was clocking out and going home.
Productive and very fast paced working environment
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2017
A typical day would be 4 soulcyle classes. Setting up and cleaning studio for next class. Cleaning of womens bathrooms, showers, sinks and refilling of products provided. Making sure towels are washed, dried and folded for the next class. Mop and sweep floors and cleaning mirrors. Organizing and maintaining stock room in order. Dusting shelves where merchandise is located. I learned to really work in a fast paced environment and also how to use different cleaning products. I started as a regular and promoted to Manager on Duty for cleaning crew. Managers were nice, but changed frequently. It was a great workplace culture. Not too much room for growth, but was fun. The hardest part of this job was lack of time to do so many things in 4 hours. It was a little hard, but I always seem to manage. The most enjoyable part of working there was making new friends everyday and seeing Actors from movies that you've seen on the big screen. I just enjoy interacting with people and I was able to do that there.
Pros
discounts
Cons
rarely took breaks
good
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAJuly 24, 2017
It definitely needed a little bit more work because the location was so new. It was also slow at times, but the managers are very understanding and relaxed.
It's a great fast pace fun healthy job
Ambassador/ clean staff MOD (Current Employee) –  83rd east sideJune 14, 2017
You meet great people you feel good you stay fit soul cycle is more of a community not your average gym it's great place yo be you meet a lot of famous people you will loose weight n feel great the clothes are cool
Pros
Must be ready to sweat
Cons
Hard fast work but very soulful you feel good making others look n feel great
Fun and creative place to work
Studio Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2017
Soulcycle has been a fun company to work for. It has a great culture and community and there is always something new to learn. I have met a lot of fun people and I have grown a lot from the experience
productive work place
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTJune 5, 2017
Extremely energetic and high paced working environment. Always be willing to greet and meet new people. Have positive attitude for each and every person who walks through the door
Fun and upbeat environment
Studio Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 18, 2017
SoulCycle is currently struggling to cling to the company culture that it once thrived off of. The company still provides an upbeat environment to work in.
Productive and fun with many chances for advancement
Porter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2017
I loved working there, the atmosphere was great to work in and the people where comfortable and easy going. Although it was very fast paced you learn how to think and move fast while being productive.
Pros
The people and the atmosphere
Cons
The hours were too shorti dont
Productive and fun workplace with workout benefits!
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMarch 13, 2017
Very Inspiring and Motivating place to work! Exactly atmosphere from members and team. Unfortunately I couldn't make the 2hr there and back everyday to work. But if I could have I would have gladly stayed!
Fantastic Work Culture
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 7, 2017
Amazing and supportive staff. Everyone that works at SoulCycle helps and supports one another to get the job done! The rider community that we help to thrive makes the job all worthwile
It's Fun at times but takes away from the rest of your life.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2017
As a client prior to working for SoulCycle, this job was a dream. After being hired, working here became difficult as the hours are peak when most people are through with work. A lack of communication throughout each department makes getting things done rather slow. The upbeat attitude that was drilled into the foundation of the company can make it hard to deal with the hard facts. Compensation was fair, at times. Over-expansion is what appears to be diluting the brand name.
They were very impolite at the end of the interview
N/a (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, PAFebruary 10, 2017
They never called me back after I came a long way to come there on time. That place is ran by all whites and I felt like they didn't want me there from the start. Very disappointing.
Pros
I got an interview
Cons
Made interview uncomfortable, never give people a try
Productive and fun workout studio embraces a healthy lifestyle
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Maintaining and supporting riders with the best customer service and hospitality as possible. The entire SoulCycle staff works as a team and compliment each other on a day to day basis.
Great customer serviced focused employment
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2017
I enjoy going into each shift at work. I learn things daily about maintenance and bike upkeep, along with learning about human beings. Management is laid back and encouraging. Hardest part of the job is last minute emergencies that need to be dealt with. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with amazing humans that I would never be able to meet anywhere else.
Productive, positive and fun environment to work in
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYJanuary 9, 2017
SoulCycle is a great place to work. The managers and co-workers are all amazing. It is an extremely fun job to have, especially if you like to ride bikes and get fit. The hardest part of the job is waking up before 5 am, but it is worth it!
Pros
Amazing people, amazing energy on shifts, All a team, ride in classes for free
Cons
Early shifts
My review
INDOOR CYCLING INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2016
The culture is great, the instructors are mostly friendly but the managers and corporate team pick favorites with certain instructors over others. It's very hard to make a name for yourself with others that may be learning and growing faster than you. The whole job of being an instructor is enjoyable, however the company morale since the CEOS changed is definitely different.
Soul Cycle Review
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2016
Loved working here but the management at the location I was at was atrocious. Favoritism and they don't want you to succeed.The benefits are good and you get to take free classes after your shifts or during. Discounts on merchandise are a perk too. Downsides are weekly early AM shifts that are not flexible to those who haven't been there long-term. Overall, the staff is friendly but management favorites individuals who have been there for a long period of time and seem to be hard on those training.
Pros
merchandise discounts, free classes
Cons
management, early shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SoulCycle. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4