Sound Physicians Employee Reviews

Great company gong through some growing pains...
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 27, 2017
Sound is a great organization that is going through some growing pains. They are diligently working to fix the issues that can make doing your job difficult at times.

I have a wonderful work/life balance with a flexible work schedule. Some positions are more demanding that others but that is the same with any company you work for. I have great team, they are supportive, helpful and always have my back.

We have offices and partner with hospitals all over the U.S. hard to pin point overall culture as it's going to be different in each location but from my perspective I see supportive, results driven leaders in most places.

There is some growth and movement, I think it really depends on what area you are working in. Sound promotes internal movement and growth, if you are an internal employee you will always be considered for the job first.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible schedule, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Some difficult leaders, Work load can be overwhelming at time, Policies aren't always 100% clear.
Poor management, they pay you to give up your life to them!
Regional Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 8, 2016
Management here is a joke! As I read from another reviewer, I support it is a sink or swim environment. They do NOT foster collaborative relationships. Managers will not even think twice about throwing you under the bus to make themselves look good.
They complicate things to confuse hospital clients, they make decisions that are best for their bottom line, not for the patients or their client hospitals.
They do pay very well, but then turn-around and expect you to basically give up your life to them.
There are way to many layers of mgmt from local, regional to corporate office. Way to many conflicting opinions to solve problems which just add to confusion and the overall problem.
Pros
Higher than market pay
Cons
Work/life balance, mgmt, no collaboration
Coder
Coder (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 14, 2017
Management while not perfect is willing to listen and does not micro manage. Flexible hours with ability to work from home some. Bonuses and good benefits.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Occasional issues
Associate Regional Compliance Specialist
Associate Regional Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 24, 2017
Great Company for whom to work.

AWESOME Benefits.

Managers could have been more responsive.

Job Description and actual Job Duties were not compatible.
Pros
GREAT BENEFITS
Cons
Job Description didn't match Job Duties
Transitional Care NP
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 28, 2016
Worked as a transitional care NP to decrease hospital re-admission rates. Loved the patient population and the actual job but had great difficulty with political differences from supervisor which ultimately left to leaving the position.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
expected to compramise your integrity and morals by management
Nurse Practitioners Beware!!!!!
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Vernon Center, CTMarch 18, 2017
NPs please beware!! Management is terrible!! Lots of false promises, worst placed I have ever worked in my life! I saw these reviews but did not take heed. Please do not fall into that trap...take heed and do not work for this company.
Pros
No pros for NPs
Cons
I left!!!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 29, 2016
Rapidly growing hospitalist company. Not much room for advancement in many departments. Management at times has been like a clique but that is being somewhat downplayed as many of the VP's have recently been replaced. Flexibility on working remote occasionally.
Not a fun place to work
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 23, 2017
The management there is a big joke. The billing department with that manager is racial and she's don't have respect for black people (especially if you know more than she does)....She's a big joke!!!!
Horrible management
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXAugust 4, 2016
This a great place to work if you are in the managers "in crowd". There is a ridiculous amount of favoritism and bias. Managers will just make up rules as they go and there is no accountability because all of the leadership hired and promoted each other from the agency most of them came from. It is very cliquey in the Dallas office and if you are not part of the clique than you will have a hard time. There is a particular manager who is extremely vindictive and has little to no leadership skills.
Pros
no dress code and people can drink alcohol at their desks.
Cons
Horrible management and no clear guidelines and procedures
Sound Physicians
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXMarch 14, 2017
Printing/Obtaining and entering of new face sheets into capture, Enter discharges into capture, Assignments in capture,Enter not seens for all patients that have been signed off, Missing Charges,Send any faxes not yet sent,Patient call back,Check/stock all office supplies and equipment, Answer the phone took messages, Check distribution failure daily patient list. The hardest part of the job was putting charges in for the Doctor I need more time to learn it. The people where very patience with me.
Toxic company with poor management
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 1, 2016
This was one of the most toxic work environments I have ever experienced. There is no job orientation or onboarding. It is a sink or swim environment. I witnessed managers working against each other and trying to undermine each other. Recruiters are pitted against each other and it is an environment where everyone feels like they have to watch their back. This extends not just to the administrative employees but to the physicians as well.
excellenct organization
Transitional Care RN (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 7, 2016
Best work culture I have ever experienced. excellent work/life balance. Always felt supported and encouraged to advance.
Great company to work for until merge.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COAugust 31, 2016
I loved this company but a lot of sneaky things happened towars the end of our mergers. I watched a ton of people be deceitful and let go because of new management. What a shame.
Cons
Healthcare admin.
Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXMay 6, 2016
None, good place to work. Cons- Training.Culture is good here, but needs some work. Workload is a challenge.Work life balance is a challenge.
Wonderful Company
Transitional Care NP (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 31, 2016
Was part of a Medicare pilot for this employer that did not continue after the term ended but Sound was phenomenal with severance as well as assisting with new employment
Pros
Great support with training and ancillary services
BEWARE fellow NPs
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Columbus,OHSeptember 10, 2015
This company is not pro-NP. They make false promises and value nothing more than the almighty dollar. NPs are treated like they can easily be replaced and are nothing more than an NPI number. Management is terrible and will not support or help you advance your career. Im surprised this company still exists as their competitors offer better work environment, benefits and compensation.
Fast paced, high pressured environment
Physician Sourcing Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 20, 2016
A typical day consisted of balancing the overall management and development of an inside sales sourcing team that implemented many different techniques in sourcing active and passive physician candidates for the recruiting needs of our hospital partners, in addition to personal production. Roughly 50% of my team was remote and were spread out all over the country.

One the of hardest aspects of the job was dealing with many moving parts in a high demand environment with a newly formed team, where 50% of the team required intense hands on basic training due to low tenure and industry experience. My team supported their senior counter-parts in all regions and all service lines. This comes out to be about 200+ provider partners nationwide with many of them classified as high need red sites that need a lot of attention. The workloads were high, the needs were immediate, and the competition and demand for physicians was and continues to be fierce. Sourcing physicians for hard to recruit, very remote areas across the country, requires critical out of the box thinking, resilience, and top notch talent. Combine this with an acquisition and all of it's ripple effects combining two vastly different cultures, made this a very challenging position.

I moved up in the company fairly quickly, which, one on hand was rewarding, and on the other, it stretched me to the max with the responsibility to form, lead and develop a new team with my limited tenure doing the job itself for only 8 months before taking on another position in the company. This was very challenging and exhausting at
  more... times, but it kept me on my toes and developed me in many ways; it was a great development experience.

The most enjoyable part of the job was impacting the lives both professionally and personally of individuals on my team. Seeing them get through tough uncertain times and flourishing thereafter was hard work but very fulfilling. I also had the satisfaction of seeing something come out of nothing in forming the culture of the team and the standardization required to run in sync.
malignant environment. only focus is making money.
Hospitalist (Former Employee) –  WAAugust 2, 2016
very malignant and unsupportive of their physicians. poorly compensated doctors, although at the time
of signing it's made to appear as if they overcompensate. end of the day it's a money making machine that only cares about business, even above patient care and safety.
Company that values money, not physicians like it touts
Hospitalist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 28, 2012
Sound is a company that has cut back benefits every year. At a time when they are laying off physicians at one hospital in town, they are hiring a chief hospitalist's sister to work for them at another hospital. They are bullies when negotiating contracts and misrepresent themselves but do not deliver on their promises. They claim to be physician centered but this is not true. You are disposable and your efforts will not be appreciated or acknowledged. I have seen too many good docs come and go in this group. It is not a stable culture for those interested in a healthy, long-term position within an organization that values its members. I could not recommend this group to anybody. I am not bitter but saddened that this group is not more ethical. The ethics and ideals they advertise are noble. Unfortunately, they are simply not the reality.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
mds are disposable, promises are not kept, benefits are poor, toxic mds in group leadership
Sound a poor place to work and advance
work horse (Former Employee) –  WANovember 29, 2013
This is not a good company to work for. They are not patient or employee conscious. Just money. money, money, money. Very threatening after you get hired. No support and greedy leadership that falsifies reports to make themselves look good. Stay away. No work life balance and the exec who runs the show is an extremely volatile, greedy and untruthful woman.
Pros
Cons
They lie about support, benefits, outcomes, nothing is good about the atmosphere here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sound Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8