Sound Physicians Employee Reviews

Great!
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Great company surrounded with great people! Management was awesome as were my co-workers. Very good name in the healthcare industry because they do fantastic work.
Upper Management Doesn't Have a Clue
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 5, 2018
Executives are still trying to run this growing company like it is a Mom & Pop business. Seems like the executives don't have a clue how to effectively make decisions and manage a larger organization even though they continue to acquire more. They need to learn from executives in larger companies.
ehh
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXJanuary 3, 2018
Training was awful.
Management is very childish and catty.
Do like the relaxed atmosphere.
I would not recommend working here.
Happy to have moved on.
Still learning how to operate
Technology Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 2, 2018
Sound Physicians seems to have issues of operating outside of good ole boy system.

If you live in Tacoma, Wa things appear to be easier, but not great.
There are many great leaders waiting to be utilized but unfortunately are being mismanaged.
Pros
Hospital medicine company
Cons
Lack of up organic growth
If you are looking for structure and good work life balance, run.....
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 12, 2017
Poor leadership and too much obstruction which hinders the ability to improve processes and plan projects. Long excessive hours, and many process are still extremely manual.
Not a people place
NP (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 3, 2017
Bad bad bad! No communication, no loyalty, absolutely horrible place to work! Have cried for months after I left! Runaway! Does not support or understand APP role!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Great Place to work
Front Desk Coordinator - Robert Half Staffing (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 30, 2017
it is a great place to work. I was a temp there and it is by far one of the best places I have temped at. I would highly recommend this company to friends.
Pros
Great Place to work
Terrible management
Coding (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNNovember 27, 2017
After working here and seeing how miserable %85 of their employees are I'm definitely considering a career change. Managers need serious training. Employees are treated unfairly, spoke down to as if you were a child, and talked badly about by managers to other coworkers. Managers walk around the office cursing and bare foot. Employees who brown nose are the only ones treated fairly. False promises are made prior to hire and never delivered. They say they like to promote from within. That only applies if you're within the managers social circle. If the managers feel you know more than they do they or if they just decide they no longer like you they will do their best to get rid of you. They have had 3 ceos in that office in less than a year
So apparently their bosses couldn't stand them either. Hopefully this most recent one has some sense and replaces those managers before they have to replace all of the employees. Normally you deal with some type of favoritism in the office, but I've never seen it be this blatant. Benefits and being able to choose your own schedule is nice. Most co workers are tolerable.
Pros
Scheduling
Cut throat enviroment
Staffing/Ambassador Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXOctober 23, 2017
I found it hard to work with my manager as she was intimidated by her employees and would write you up for a typo, very petty in her management style.
Pros
work at home
Cons
great work place and culture
Excellent Values
Hospitalists Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOOctober 15, 2017
I great place to work and they advance staff within the organization. The only reason I am looking to change position is to relocate to phoenix on a permanent basis.
Pros
advancement within the organization
Cons
pay
Fun workplace enviroment
Audit Compliance Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 17, 2017
It was a temporary position don't really have to much to say about this company. Very nice and clean place to work and all the employees where nice. I enjoyed my time working with this company.
Over worked
Echo Disbursement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXAugust 14, 2017
Very unappreciated and under paid. We have not received a pay raised since we started since the Company just opened all accents are frozen. No room of growth and training its real bad. We have to learn by trial and error.
Pros
Flexiable hours
Cons
Far drive
Needs a training program for new hires
Medical Coder and Region Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNAugust 10, 2017
This company has everything going for it: great work ethic from employees and management, team spirit, great benefits, paid time off and holidays, fair wages, you can pick your shift between 6am and 6pm, and opportunity to work remotely a couple days per week based on production. Sound has everything going for it!
However, there is no real training program in place for new hires. When you pair that with the amount of responsibility you have on a daily basis, it can lead to an insurmountable amount of stress and anxiety.

This company wouldn't see turn over at all if they would invest in a training program and dedicating 1-3 months for new hires. That's really all this company needs in my opinion.
Pros
Cons
no real training program in place for new hires
productive and quiet place to work
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 9, 2017
I was able to do work with little to no supervision. I felt that was needed with the work that I was doing in order to keep my sole focus on the research of physicians.
Pros
Close to school
Cons
short project
Not a desirable position
Hospitalist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2017
Expectations are set too high and communication is horrible. If you desire a job where you have to go in and work extra time to get it all done, then this is the company for you. Training is lacking, work load is not safe or reasonable and even upper management has a high turn over.
Most stressful job I have ever had
Hospitalist Physician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2017
Work for this company at your own peril. Unless you are one of the few insiders that are there to milk what they can from the workers, your work will go unnoticed and be in vain. They throw ungodly numbers of patients at you to see which is a hazard to the patients and of course the doctors who inherit the liability. The most arrogant bunch of people I have ever worked for. In the end it is a paycheck if you look at it that way and use them as a bridge until you can find a less fascist company if that exists in this corparate dominated world of medicine we doctors have allowed to happen to us. You have to be careful you dont end up with a wrongful death lawsuit as you can be given so many patients in a shift to be expected to see that inevitably there are bad outcomes that occur.
Pros
Its a paycheck at the end of the day
Cons
You work as an indentured servant.
Competitive work environments, great pathway to partnership and great salaries
Internal Medicine Hospitalist, NP (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 24, 2017
Sound Physicians has a competitive work environment; great pathway to partnership and very competitive salaries. However, it is the Steward Group with whom Sound has a new contract. It is a challenging and often difficult place to provide direct patient care.
Job was not stable
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 17, 2017
At first had lots of work, felt secure. Once bought by Sound was never sure if was going to have a job. Enjoyed the work but hate the drive to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Fun working place
Transitional Care RN (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 9, 2017
Employees are allowed to have autonomy. Respect among employees is highly encouraged. No abuse is tolerated. Everyone work very hard to provide the best care to patients.
Pros
Work life balance is encouraged
Looking at margins Not People
Senior Search Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 3, 2017
Micromanaged and focused on 20% margins. Was working on being sold so wanted to look good before the event. Rapid expansion with minimum recruiters to cover the territory
Pros
Remote work from Home
Cons
Careed less about people than results

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sound Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8