Sound Transit Employee Reviews

No coffee.
Design Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 17, 2017
Pay and benefits are good. My immediate manager was not so good. Overall me fellow employees were enjoyable to work with but can be a high stress place to work for.
Pros
Free ORCA card
Cons
Commute into Seattle was too long from where I lived and there was no free coffee in the morning.
No comment
Sr. Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2016
No comment at this time besides a wonderful place to work and my co-workers were the best. Only problem is the HR department.
Very good place with good people
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 4, 2016
Their fiscal year end lasts 5 months so this takes a very dedicated staff and management to keep this train on the right track.
Great place to start a career
Train Systems Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 13, 2015
Great place to start a career. Great team. Great benefits. Lot's of over time. Plenty of work to be done. Nice schedules. Many work 4-10s.
Sound Transit is a great place to learn new things
Admin (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 16, 2015
Sound Transit is a great place to learn new skill sets but the organization as a whole is a bit slow moving. It's slow to adapt and projects take a long time to get in motion.
Pros
Good work life balance! Lots to learn!
Cons
Rigid schedule of 8 - 5
Fantastic Organization
Lead Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 25, 2014
Sound Transit is the best organization I have ever worked for. They are like working for a big family. Sound Transit has a unified workforce who clearly understands the mission and vision of the company. The leadership is visible and accessible and clearly communicates the vision of the organization.
Pros
Benefits, working environment, unity of purpose
Hostile Environment
Battered and Beaten (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 16, 2014
Divisions are working against each other. This comes from the top down. This culture is noticeable almost immediately to new employees who begin to become defensive and unprofessional as a result. There are some very hard working people at Sound Transit. HR makes it a breeding ground for lazy people as well.
Pros
Good Mission
Cons
Unprofessional environment and bad management
Great pay and great benefits
Property Management/ Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 28, 2014
I loved working here.

Property Management

What I learned

* Honoring people by their word doesn't hold value. Sometimes you have to go out and see the work of people you are in charge of.
* Property boundaries are constantly changing whether you want them to happen or not.
* More verbal judo and in a civilian sense

Security Patrolman

* The public transportation system is vital to the public especially in growing cities like Seattle.
Pros
Cons
Gossip can be a problem in the security field
Busy environment with friendly, hardworking coworkers
A/P Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 9, 2014
Sound Transit is an amazing place to work I must say. I love the people I work with and the management is excellent when it comes to providing a great work environment. I've been working at ST for 3.5 years and every year I feel I learn something new that I can apply to my job.

The hardest part of the job is being able to manage all of the work that I get on a daily basis. It's indeed challenging, but very rewarding at the same time. I'd definitely recommend working at Sound Transit to anyone that asks me about the agency. Overall it's just a wonderful company to work at.
Pros
Great People, free bus passes, excellent benefits
Cons
Work can get really hectic at month and year end resulting in less time off for personal time.
Extremeley conservative abd bureaucratic place to work.
Senior Financial Analyst (Revenue) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 19, 2014
If you like to get things done in a reasonable time-frame and expect departmental cooperation this is not the place for you. It takes an enormous amount of time and effort to accomplish very small tasks.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
very bureaucratic for a young organization, very conservative culture, slow to change, incredibly lengthy to get simple things done, poor internal software, difficult to get cooperation from the It department to fix issues, no advancement opportunities in finance, no development plan to migrate into management
Loved my Job
Accounts payable supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 10, 2014
Staff was great in my division. Executive Leadership had an open door policy. They were great.
Quality company
IT Transit Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 9, 2013
*implemented new function at Agency
*strong interpersonal skills
*Co-workers were a mix of engineers/ technicians/ systems analysts
*Overcame Incredible and complex field systems problems
*Working with an incredible team
Pros
strong co workers and work environement
Cons
bad relationships and confrontational work environment
Very exciting and progressive company that built the first light rail system in the Seattle and Puget Sound region
Contracts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 4, 2012
I enjoyed working for Sound Transit very much - lots of fun, creative, energetic and talented people.
Pros
positive vision, forward-thinking mission, wanting to improve traffic conditions, encouraging commuters to ride light rail, move toward carbon-free footprint.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sound Transit. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2