Sound Transit

Sound Transit Employer Reviews

Hostile Environment
Battered and Beaten (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: good mission
Cons: unprofessional environment and bad management
Divisions are working against each other. This comes from the top down. This culture is noticeable almost immediately to new employees who begin to become defensive and unprofessional as a result. There are some very hard working people at Sound Transit. HR makes it a breeding ground for lazy people as well.
Great pay and great benefits
Property Management/ Security Officer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 28, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: gossip can be a problem in the security field
I loved working here.

Property Management

What I learned

* Honoring people by their word doesn't hold value. Sometimes you have to go out and see the work of people you are in charge of.
* Property boundaries are constantly changing whether you want them to happen or not.
* More verbal judo and in a civilian sense

Security Patrolman

* The public – more... transportation system is vital to the public especially in growing cities like Seattle.
* – less
Busy environment with friendly, hardworking coworkers
A/P Specialist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 9, 2014
Pros: great people, free bus passes, excellent benefits
Cons: work can get really hectic at month and year end resulting in less time off for personal time.
Sound Transit is an amazing place to work I must say. I love the people I work with and the management is excellent when it comes to providing a great work environment. I've been working at ST for 3.5 years and every year I feel I learn something new that I can apply to my job.

The hardest part of the job is being able to manage all of the work that – more... I get on a daily basis. It's indeed challenging, but very rewarding at the same time. I'd definitely recommend working at Sound Transit to anyone that asks me about the agency. Overall it's just a wonderful company to work at. – less
Extremeley conservative abd bureaucratic place to work.
Senior Financial Analyst (Revenue) (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 19, 2014
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: very bureaucratic for a young organization, very conservative culture, slow to change, incredibly lengthy to get simple things done, poor internal software, difficult to get cooperation from the it department to fix issues, no advancement opportunities in finance, no development plan to migrate into management
If you like to get things done in a reasonable time-frame and expect departmental cooperation this is not the place for you. It takes an enormous amount of time and effort to accomplish very small tasks.
Loved my Job
Accounts payable supervisor (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 10, 2014
Staff was great in my division. Executive Leadership had an open door policy. They were great.
Quality company
IT Transit Systems Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 9, 2013
Pros: strong co workers and work environement
Cons: bad relationships and confrontational work environment
*implemented new function at Agency
*strong interpersonal skills
*Co-workers were a mix of engineers/ technicians/ systems analysts
*Overcame Incredible and complex field systems problems
*Working with an incredible team
Very exciting and progressive company that built the first light rail system in the Seattle and Puget Sound region
Contracts Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 4, 2012
Pros: positive vision, forward-thinking mission, wanting to improve traffic conditions, encouraging commuters to ride light rail, move toward carbon-free footprint.
I enjoyed working for Sound Transit very much - lots of fun, creative, energetic and talented people.