Source 4 Teachers Employee Reviews

I like subbing...I don't see a need for an outside contractor
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 8, 2016
The few interactions I've had with my employer were rushed. I was told they couldn't help me and had no way of referring me to someone who COULD help me. I don't work at the same location they are at thought, so the opportunities for interaction are minimal.
Pros
Teachers and administrators are usually very nice
Cons
No coworkers or on site support. They are a contractor
Great job to have if you need flexibilty
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJDecember 26, 2016
I started as a substitute, they made it so easy for me to make up my own schedule. The computer application was easy enough to use and the staff were very helpful if I ran into any difficulties.
Good Teaching Experience but low pay
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 22, 2016
Good opportunity to work in many different schools from one location

Downside is a very low pay scale and sparse benefits
Pros
Good experience teaching in many classrooms
Cons
Poor pay and benefits
Source 4 Teachers gives you the power
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 12, 2016
Working for Source 4 Teachers was great because you chose your work schedule and also where you work. At the time I worked for them they did not offer benefits, but the currently do offer benefits.
Pros
Flexible schedule
relaxed work environment. Make your own schedule.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 5, 2016
Over all I love working here. Teaching is not my favorite thing, however. This makes it difficult to enjoy this job all the time. The coworkers and management are always enjoyable though.
Cons
Unorganized but not companies faults. A lot of times teachers do not have time to prepare.
great place
HR Specialist / Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 26, 2016
Great place to work, They really care about their employees. People are professional and kind, Work environment is the best.
love it!
Tutor Time (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 3, 2016
I enjoyed working for them!
great company to work for. i had a lot of opportunities by meeting peo
Pros
flexible schedules
Great Opportunity for Teachers
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 7, 2016
This is an incredible chance to really hone your skills as a teacher. You get to experience primary and secondary education in all its facets.

At source for teachers you find yourself teaching every subject imaginable, and on every level. You work with talented and gifted students, handicapped students, disadvantaged students and even prisoners in juvenile detention. You get experience coping with emotionally disturbed students and at-risk students, so your classroom management skills become very sharp.
Pros
You must schedule your own work, competing with fellow employees for jobs.
Cons
You get to schedule your own work!
I like it because you get to meet alot of different people
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 7, 2015
My review about source 4 teachers is that you never know what to expect from them on a day to day basis. The management seems to be off and very unprofessional. My co-workers I love and I like that the job itself allows you to meet a lot of different people. The hardest part of this job is the responsibility of the kids.
Pros
prep period, summer off, classroom by ursel
Cons
no health benefits, no job security, no vacation time
Great Work experince
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill N.J.June 12, 2015
If you are pursuing a career in the Educational field, there is no better company to work for that Source4Teachers. You gain first hand knowledge on what life is like inside of a classroom. You work per diem, so you work on your own schedule. This experience will give you the know-how to step confidently inside of a classroom and execute the skills necessary to become an effective teacher or future administror.
Pros
Make your own schedules, 7 hour work day
Cons
Lack of lesson plans in some cases, student behavior at times
A pleasant company to work for with flexibility that I like.
Substitute Teacher Preschool thru High School (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 15, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is that the hours are flexible. Meeting different people, and learning how to get along with those that are different yet unique in their own way.
Pros
Flexible hours or days not tied to an eight hours a day job.
Cons
There has been no increase in salary for substitute teachers.
pay is too low
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJuly 1, 2013
It is a staffing agency for Teachers and other school personnel.

Schools in NJ that have chosen to use them have lowered their pay rates for substitute teachers than what they were paying. Most districts are paying $90 per day. When working in any Urban district I expect the day to day pay to be hire, because it is more difficult to work with challenging students however when the pay is 90 dollars I'd rather stay close to home and work in the local district for the same or 10.00 dollar more a day rate.

If you get a long term position then the pay goes up depending on the District you are working in.
Pros
More Schools = more jobs
Cons
low pay or too far to drive for the low pay
Joke!!!
Substitute (Former Employee) –  NJOctober 10, 2012
This place is nice if you don't care about having any money. It offers a flexible lifestyle, however the pay is horrible. If you think this is the place to move forward in your life as a teacher, and find a job...your wrong. They have tons of "underqualified" subs in each school, so they will not even consider you, because as school administration, you are just one of them. I would consider finding a substituting job within a school, and work with them. This place is just affiliated with the pits of schools in horrible areas. Granted, there are some great schools that they're affiliated with, but good luck getting a job there- they already have their "favorite" subs picked out. This company takes about half of your daily pay.
Day to Day
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 4, 2015
A typical day at work, would be choosing a local elementary school to provide coverage for an absentee teacher. I would either provide a lesson based on work the teacher has left behind, or I would develop and implement a lesson plan for the day.
Pros
I can interact with people on a daily basis
Cons
Part-time job
Substitute teach in classrooms across the state in grades Pre-K to 12th
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJJanuary 8, 2014
Great for a flexible lifestyle. Customer Service is great and always available to assist you if you need to make a change in your assignment, etc.

You can definitely have a job everyday. However, the jobs available are not always in the best districts if one is trying to find a permanent position.
Source is an excellent steping stone into the teaching profession
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 16, 2014
The experience starts with the training classes and continues with picking and choosing the school districts and counties that you want to work in and for during the school year.
Pros
meeting potential co-workers and new friends with in the school districts
Cons
no school no pay.
Great place to work. Staff is supportive and quick to responed in offering assistance wiht any questions or problems.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 17, 2012
Great place to work People are supportive and quick to respond to questions and offering assistance
Pros
very helpful staff and support system
Cons
once you are part of the telephone calling list log in opportunities do not show
Productive and fun work enviorment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 8, 2015
Everyday working with students brings new challenges and enjoyable moments. I love teaching and the impact I can have on a young students educational career.
bad work place
SUBSTITUTE (Current Employee) –  MIDDLESEXNovember 18, 2013
This company does open DISCRIMINATION AND PARTIALITY.
They have their FAVORITE people and they show jobs only to their favorite people on the computer. They have given choice to everybody to see jobs on computer but they DON'T SHOW JOBS ON COMPUTER TO EVERYBODY. Moreover MOST OF THE TIME IF, they show job on computer, they show at the LAST MOMENT so you can not reach to the job on time. They have plenty of jobs which they can show at night time but, deliberately they don't show that jobs to everybody. They show that jobs to ONLY their FAVORITE PEOPLE, also they show ONLY ONE JOB on the computer while they HAVE PLENTY OF JOBS. They tell employees that they will have choice to pick up jobs but , they DON'T gives you CHOICE. They give CHOICE to their FAVORITE people. They show you job which is 45 MILES AWAY FROM YOUR HOME AND THEY PAY YOU ONLY $ 85 PER DAY WHICH IS VERY LESS.
NO BODY SHOULD WORK FOR THIS BAD COMPANY.
Look elsewhere
Substitute (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 5, 2015
You're just a mule to them. They take a cut of your pay, and they treat you with disrespect. If there is a complaint, they will not back you up. They 101 percent side with the school districts. And you will only find out about it when you see there are no jobs available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Source 4 Teachers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6