Source 4 Teachers

Source 4 Teachers Employer Reviews

sub teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Trenton, NJJuly 23, 2014
Execute lesson plans across every level and discipline
Develop and maintain positive interactions with students, faculty, and administrators, building a rapport and gaining respect and trust to ensure an environment conducive to learning.
Source is an excellent steping stone into the teaching profession
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJuly 16, 2014
Pros: meeting potential co-workers and new friends with in the school districts
Cons: no school no pay.
The experience starts with the training classes and continues with picking and choosing the school districts and counties that you want to work in and for during the school year.
flexible, different placement everyday, available jobs everyday,
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Head Quarters: Cherry Hill, New JerseyJune 13, 2014
Pros: flexable
Cons: salary
Working for Source 4 Teachers is a great job because it is flexible and has given me the opportunity to experience different schools and grade levels.
Oppurtunity for advancement
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJune 12, 2014
With TD Bank you have an opportunity to advance as a supervisor or to the back offices.
Only the worst jobs are made available to me.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), New JerseyJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: you don't have to work on days that you need to take off.
Cons: if you aren't someone who the school knows, you will not get good assignments, and what you do get offered will be low level para jobs.
I have been waiting for some decent sub jobs, but they never come my way. All I ever get called for or get shown are bilingual, Spanish/English classes, and I don't speak Spanish, or para for kindergarten or special ed. I thought I would get experience in the classroom so that I can put this on my resume when I look for teaching jobs next year, but – more... I will have to be dishonest because I never, never get offered a legitimate teaching position. Also, I am registered in all 23 schools in my home district and I only very occasionally get a chance for a position there. I have to go to the next city, which is predominantly Spanish speaking to try to get an assignment. In the 5 schools I am registered in this more difficult district, I get more assignments than I do from 23 schools in my own town. This is not a fair system at all. – less
Substitute teach in classrooms across the state in grades Pre-K to 12th
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), East Brunswick, NJJanuary 8, 2014
Great for a flexible lifestyle. Customer Service is great and always available to assist you if you need to make a change in your assignment, etc.

You can definitely have a job everyday. However, the jobs available are not always in the best districts if one is trying to find a permanent position.
bad work place
SUBSTITUTE (Current Employee), MIDDLESEXNovember 18, 2013
This company does open DISCRIMINATION AND PARTIALITY.
They have their FAVORITE people and they show jobs only to their favorite people on the computer. They have given choice to everybody to see jobs on computer but they DON'T SHOW JOBS ON COMPUTER TO EVERYBODY. Moreover MOST OF THE TIME IF, they show job on computer, they show at the LAST MOMENT so – more... you can not reach to the job on time. They have plenty of jobs which they can show at night time but, deliberately they don't show that jobs to everybody. They show that jobs to ONLY their FAVORITE PEOPLE, also they show ONLY ONE JOB on the computer while they HAVE PLENTY OF JOBS. They tell employees that they will have choice to pick up jobs but , they DON'T gives you CHOICE. They give CHOICE to their FAVORITE people. They show you job which is 45 MILES AWAY FROM YOUR HOME AND THEY PAY YOU ONLY $ 85 PER DAY WHICH IS VERY LESS.
NO BODY SHOULD WORK FOR THIS BAD COMPANY. – less
Substitute Teacher
First Grade Teacher (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJAugust 12, 2013
Pros: flexibilty
Cons: inconsitency
On a daily basis I have either, walked into a brand new classroom each day, or into my own first grade classroom. I've learned how to be flexible and adapt to any situation and classroom. I've been able to effectively work well with a number of different people at various locations. I've found consistency with children is the most direct way to get – more... through the day successfully and without issues. The hardest part of working for Source4Teachers was the lack of stability. Having new co-workers and a new classroom everyday led to new experiences with a number of different people, but lacked routine. After obtaining the first grade teaching position through Source4Teachers, I was able to achieve that level of continuous cooperation, both from my class and co-workers. The best part of the experience was getting to make a difference in the lives of small learners, no matter where I taught. – less
pay is too low
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJJuly 1, 2013
Pros: more schools = more jobs
Cons: low pay or too far to drive for the low pay
It is a staffing agency for Teachers and other school personnel.

Schools in NJ that have chosen to use them have lowered their pay rates for substitute teachers than what they were paying. Most districts are paying $90 per day. When working in any Urban district I expect the day to day pay to be hire, because it is more difficult to work with challenging – more... students however when the pay is 90 dollars I'd rather stay close to home and work in the local district for the same or 10.00 dollar more a day rate.

If you get a long term position then the pay goes up depending on the District you are working in. – less
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Camden, NJJune 10, 2013
Pros: edcuating students
Cons: not enough open positions
I truly enjoyed this position. Working with children to help them learn. I would love to teach again.
Joke!!!
Substitute (Former Employee), NJOctober 10, 2012
This place is nice if you don't care about having any money. It offers a flexible lifestyle, however the pay is horrible. If you think this is the place to move forward in your life as a teacher, and find a job...your wrong. They have tons of "underqualified" subs in each school, so they will not even consider you, because as school administration, – more... you are just one of them. I would consider finding a substituting job within a school, and work with them. This place is just affiliated with the pits of schools in horrible areas. Granted, there are some great schools that they're affiliated with, but good luck getting a job there- they already have their "favorite" subs picked out. This company takes about half of your daily pay. – less
nice place to work and they have training classes
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJJune 19, 2012
Pros: you can choose your assignments
Cons: n/a
nice place to work and they have training classes. the co workers are very helpful and enthusiastic.
Great place to work. Staff is supportive and quick to responed in offering assistance wiht any questions or problems.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJune 17, 2012
Pros: very helpful staff and support system
Cons: once you are part of the telephone calling list log in opportunities do not show
Great place to work People are supportive and quick to respond to questions and offering assistance

August 8, 2012

I would like more information about this company. I read several review on another website that work was limited and the pay was horrible..I am moving to NJ and looking for an opportunity to teach. I want to know would this be a waste of time applying for a position with this company?