Source Interlink Companies Employee Reviews in United States

Very challenging environment with no compensation for workload capacity
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  NY, CT, NJNovember 24, 2015
Source took on the project of providing magazine service to many US states and was not properly prepared for the workload accepted. They hired very quickly and with little discretion. This backfired on them and shortly the company failed and filed bankruptcy. On several occasions I worked 60+ hour work weeks without compensation as I was salary. In addition, many of my employees were not paid for work done and filed lawsuits to gain compensation for such.
Productive and enjoyable atmosphere
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 1, 2016
Diverse work crew on all shifts with the opportunity to move into different departments and learn new things.
Accountability and goals were a standard priority.Insurance package was not the greatest but not that bad
Pros
Management that you can talk to and great co workers
Cons
Big Turn over rate with Temp employees.
One of the largest companies in the area and they did not care about their employees.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLAugust 5, 2014
Poor Management. No advancement. No raises. Over worked and under paid.
Fast paced business
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ontario californiaFebruary 5, 2015
This job required a lot of driving. Interacting with internal and external customers. My direct management were very helpful and always available. My co-workers all relied on each other for the best ideas on how to do projects. The most enjoyable part of the job was was working with my employees.
Pros
very flexiable hours.
Cons
waiting on deliveries to be able to get your job done.
Overall company was fun to work for, had many tools available for getting the job done.
SR. BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 1, 2014
Company had to cease operations from recent publisher price agreement conflict. Source Interlink, SID division is no longer in business.
Pros
diverse environment.
Cons
raises minimal and no 401k matching.
No job security.
Application Support (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLMay 23, 2012
Management does not care about long term loyalty, thus job security is non-existant. They ask alot of you beyond 40 hours a week. I will say pay is good, but that is about it.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no job security.
One of the Worst jobs ever
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLMay 20, 2013
I have never been asked to spend only 45 minutes working a job. There is enough to do that it adds up to about 10 to 15 hours a week. But they want you to go in on weekends and straighten the magazines at walmart. When I told my district manager that it took more gas to drive to walmart than it does to work for the 45 minutes, I was told "make a shopping trip out of it" The totes that the magazines come in are heavy and when they were stacked over my head the same manger said "just don't hurt your back" When I finally did quit I was asked to stay because they had no else to work.
Pros
you get paid
Cons
dangerous working conditions and no benefits, part time
This place is a joke!!!
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs HeadquartersJanuary 10, 2014
On the brink of bankruptcy again! Was hired in Sales, whole day was spent cold calling on "dead accounts". Was promised active accounts so we could make $$ and got a list of more dead accounts or credit killed accounts.
People that work here look like the walking dead!!!
Too many "figure heads" that have absolutely no clue what they're doing and could care less about their employees.
Best advice: STAY AWAY!!! This place is toxic!
Pros
benefits are decent but not worth it because this place blows!!!
Cons
already stated...
Fast paced, ever changing organization.
District Manager (MD, DC, VA) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 15, 2012
Typical day started out by checking voice mails, e-mails, checkng on District Supervisors to make sure that all accounts in their district were covered.

I learned alot about people and their work ethics and dependabliy.

All management is not the same; everyone has their on style and abilities.

Hardest part of the job for me was not micro-managing.

Best part - interaction ith people of all origins.
reconcile each account , research, e-mail
Account Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bonita SpringsJune 27, 2013
On Monday i run report and handle 6 small account you learn something everyday. management could be better my co-workers was not greatest but i work with them to get the work done. Hardest thing was handle check request until i got better at it. i love reconcile my account.
great people to work with
Credit/Cash Application Manager (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILApril 8, 2015
I loved working here, the people were great the job was very interesting. The office was always stock with supplies we needed
I liked getting up in the morning to go to work it was like family
Print Shop Dept Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 23, 2013
When I was hired just short of 10 years ago I was hired for a lead person in the print shop. When I left I was the Supervisor.
I would get a list of logos and or signs that they would need for the week and I would find out the counts color length.... And would let my bosses know if I had the material or if I had to order.If I needed I would put it in the Oracle. I always had the jobs out on time.I learned that the order of the jobs could change at any time as needed and I would have them done. That was also the hardest part of my job. Some weeks they would work backwards on the list but still I got them out. And that was always a great week knowing I could do that. I also became there Truck Driver I went down and got my Class C to drive the Big Box truck for deliveries and pick ups as they needed
Pros
they are like my family. i still keep in touch
Cons
i had too many bosses changing my dates for getting my jobs out.
Good Company to work for.
Systems Developer (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLAugust 1, 2014
Good company and benefits, worked hard at doing a good job. Was recognized by others also. Interacted well with others.
it was ok
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJuly 14, 2014
started off as a temp.
drove a forklift.
was made a foreman.
asked to join management as a production coordinator.
promoted to supervisor.
A Typical Day
Account Manager II (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLMarch 9, 2014
A typical day is full of reactive events with rarely anything being proactive. When you attempt to be proactive, most times you are met with a no or a change in processes.

More work less money.
Pros
complimentary magazines, water cooler
Cons
micro-management
Productive, Fun place to work
In Store Services/AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJune 5, 2014
Work very hard, open door policy for management team, co-workers friendly and worked as team players
Awesome company
DC Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HiJune 4, 2013
Very organized business structure. I was hired as the DC Manager. My responsibilities were staffing, receiving, shipping, QA, logistics and customer relations.
Pros
trusted management
Cons
unstable industry
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Great place to work. All the good things you'd come to expect from a decent company.
Pros
comfortable work environment.
Cons
little room to move up
Day at Work
Merchandiser/Vendor (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJuly 6, 2012
I drive my own vehicle that has insurance from store to store. Once in the stores I meet with a manager or sales associate and inform them of the purpose of my visit. When I am allowed to gather product from the stockroom, I either wheel it to the mainline, which occupies shelving space limited to one aisle or wall, or up to the checkout area where I distribute it. I put outdated product into totes usually and put the MRA's on the return labels and wheel them back to the stock room.
Unfortunate
Senior Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLNovember 14, 2014
It is unfortunate that this company went out of business. Many people were left without jobs.