Source Interlink Employee Reviews

not good not much to say
Magazine Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 23, 2016
not good

dead end , difficult to deal with Walmart management
delivery times of truck not on time
no vacation time
no company car, I have drive from business to business (pump my own gas)
Pros
i work by myself
Cons
no money / no advancement
Excellent place to work, surprised the company went under so abruptly.
Credit/ Collections Senior Analyst/ Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 5, 2017
Great company to work for, we distributed magazines across the entire US. I worked with setting customers up for accounts, credit applications, pulling D&B reports, Experian Reports. I also worked with customers who were delinquent in payments. I did send customers to collection agencies, I worked with 3 agencies at the time of the companies dissolution. I was asked to stay for the wind-down as they were closing.
Typical work day in a shopping center such as a grocery store.
Assistant Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2014
The most enjoyable self-relied job ever. I loved this Job because of the independence it offered with my availability and with the perks of being my own boss. I of course had to follow the rules and regulations set up by the stores back-room & on floor supervisors but overall it was a very enjoyable fast paced job. I learned all the typical merchandising skills from following a POGs to maintenance and proper arrangement based on sales and promo's.
Pros
Paid drive time between stores.
Cons
No paid time off, no benefits, no raises or compensation for training or other management duties.
horrible company to work for
field merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZApril 11, 2016
i dont approve of anything or ways that they do their employees the last day of work which was a friday not knowing anything about the closing of s,i, 3/4 of the way through the day i get a phone call saying this is your last day of work our doors are closing bankrupt sorry for the inconvenience and 4 yrs of my time in the co. was not eligable for unemploymeny
Pros
hours good
Cons
everyone at the company is horrible and chicken
Relaxing work environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 28, 2012
Providing great customer service and meeting all types of people while rendering a service that makes people happy. Seeking a management that is always willing to help and give praise and constructive feedback. There is no hard part to a job; it is only setting a pace with a positive attitude that enables you to productively meet your goals.
Pros
working with little to no supervision
Cons
i am a perfectionist
Merchandising
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INJune 4, 2015
Overall, it wasn't bad. You had the freedom to pretty much make your own schedule. It was very labor intensive because you had to load/unload boxes or crates of magazines.
Also working in public, well known stores was difficult because of the customers. At times it was difficult to maneuver around them.
Also it was difficult to get ahold of any management.
When I left I was notified a few months later that the company just shut down and left tons of people jobless.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
benefits were non existent
Learned a great deal especially in multi-tasking
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJune 24, 2014
started day with emails, calls, updating daily procedures. Managed 35+ merchandisers and almost 200 stores and communicated to a manager. Co- workers and manager were awesome. The job however, very demanding at times, with a lot a last minutes changes after already being told of project etc. Had a lot of contacts with store management and delivery companies. there were computer issues along the way which is my weakness. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility of being able to set my schedule as I wanted and get all jobs completed on time.
Pros
flexible schedule, company car, benefits
Cons
untimely delivery of product, took pay cut and never got it back.
So sorry SOURCE is gone
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLDecember 1, 2015
SOURCE is out of business but was a wonderful company to work for. Everyone, clear across the country pitched in together when another area needed help. I spent my days working with my fellow employees, visiting accounts and doing computer work. My co-workers were exceptional, along with the management. The hardest part of the job was having to travel sometimes, the most enjoyable part was the atmosphere.
Pros
Overall great company
Cons
We had to take a pay cut.
Great benefits/terrible work environment
Supposed to be Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Bonita SpringsNovember 2, 2013
Was hired as "Sales rep." Was a glorified call center job. Work day was calling on dead accounts that didn't want anything to do with Source.
Company has been bankrupt and is barely surviving. Print media is a dying breed and it won't be long before Lee County pulls the plug on their $$$ to keep this company going.
Benefits
Cons
Terrible management/No job security!
Active and fun work enviorments
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Various LocationsNovember 3, 2014
-Provide merchandising services to assigned locations throughout the city in which you are located

-I learned to work at a fast but steady pace, organization, and attention to detail

-Management is understanding, flexible with notice given, and friendly

-Mainly an independent work enviorment. However, upon chance of meeting co-workers very friendly and outgoing.

-The hardest part of job was dealing with large amounts of product in limited space.

-The most enjoyable part was meeting different and new poeple.
Pros
Independent work enviorment, paid milage
Cons
Amount of hours, no healthcare benefits
Terrible company to work for
professional job (Current Employee) –  corporateJuly 15, 2012
Company is unstable financially and has been for over 5 years. They treat their employees bad, no pay increases in over 5 years, no 401K match, no bonuses for over 5 years. Upper management are the only ones that matter in this company. Most employees are biding their time until they can find something else. Overall terrible morale. Constant layoffs every year, usually in fall. Health benefits are horrible (bottom of the barrel). Absolutely no opportunities to advance within company, if you even wanted to. Unless you are homeless, keep looking for another job!
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
terrible morale, low wages, non-existent benefits
Source started out fun but ended badly
Operations Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJune 23, 2014
I learned a lot about team work and working together to complete tasks. I now understand the receiving and distribution process a whole lot better. What works and what doesn't. This company when I started was fun with lots of perks. We continued to have the ability to get free magazines that we distributed but the 401k matching, bonuses and raises stopped by year 3 of working there. The major problem with this company was the way it would keep the employees in the dark all the way up to the day that the company folded.
A place I would never want to quit
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Parkesburg, PAJanuary 5, 2014
I absolutely love working for this company. It is the most satisfying job I have ever had. The hours are great and my Manager is very easy to work for and knows how to do his job well. It is only part time, so it's not a high paying job, but I enjoy going in and doing my best.
Pros
Great work ethic. Great Managers. You can do your job just about anytime you want within reason.
Cons
Low benefits and pay. No advancement.
Source Interlink
Receiving Clerk/ Office worker (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 19, 2013
I worked the first couple of years as warehouse worker. I learned the job fast and moved myself up the career latter. I was transferred into an office position. The company was good to us at first. Then they were bought out by a multimillion company. After that our benefits got more costly and the service went down.
Pros
Good hours and pay
Cons
The warehouse was very hot.
Enjoyable position
Merchandising magazines/videos (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHDecember 30, 2014
In this position I learned all about merchandising. Management was awesome and helpful. Had a partner for a very short time. The hardest part of the job was the lifting of the totes. I enjoyed working independently.
Pros
never late to work
Cons
no paid time off, no benefits at all
Low pay, poor benefits, bad morale.
Circulation Manager (Former Employee) –  Bonita SpringsJuly 14, 2012
Discrimination lawsuits, male-dominant executive structure, horrible benefits and bad morale, most oppressive workplace ever been in ...
Cons
treat employees like children, everyone watching the clock, a declining industry, poor management, attracts the worst element of mean-spirited people i've ever experienced.
Fast paced ,alot of traveling
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 22, 2014
I worked independently from my home office and scheduled assignments and interviews on Monday- Wednesday for the first part of the day and in the later part of the day went into the field and sold third party products to retail stores.
Thursday and Fridays were delivery days worked in the field with merchandisers to insure continuity service.

Everyday was a learning day for me. It could be something as big as learning how to use a piece of new equipment to how to handle a delicate situation with employees.

I worked very well with management and my piers I prefer to call them my team.

My opinion of the most challenging part of my week was to keep my merchandiser turn over to a minimum by challenging them enough to want to do the job.
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with people.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
healthcare
Enjoyed job, time consuming
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 27, 2012
Traveled daily to either hire, train, survey, very busy job. Some days better than others, as with any job. Merchandiser turnover and lack of caring about their job worst part.
I liked what I did, no real complaints.
Pros
salary
Cons
long hours, some weekend paperwork
Decent
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJanuary 30, 2013
I had no problem working here. You have people who slack off and are part of cliques which Sources tries to break. They are a laid back company, wear jeans every Friday. Not a bad company just likes to layoff a lot.
Pros
vacations, hour lunch, breaks
Cons
no raises, layoffs
Struggling
Truck Driver/Logistics (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 21, 2013
Was a good company to work for. I was always treated good. The pay was decent and the benifits were okay.
As a magazine distributer and slowing book and magazine sales they laid off the delivery drivers.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Source Interlink. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9