Source Interlink Employee Reviews in United States

horrible company to work for
field merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZApril 11, 2016
i dont approve of anything or ways that they do their employees the last day of work which was a friday not knowing anything about the closing of s,i, 3/4 of the way through the day i get a phone call saying this is your last day of work our doors are closing bankrupt sorry for the inconvenience and 4 yrs of my time in the co. was not eligable for unemploymeny
Pros
hours good
Cons
everyone at the company is horrible and chicken
So sorry SOURCE is gone
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLDecember 1, 2015
SOURCE is out of business but was a wonderful company to work for. Everyone, clear across the country pitched in together when another area needed help. I spent my days working with my fellow employees, visiting accounts and doing computer work. My co-workers were exceptional, along with the management. The hardest part of the job was having to travel sometimes, the most enjoyable part was the atmosphere.
Pros
Overall great company
Cons
We had to take a pay cut.
Warehouse
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  East Point, GASeptember 9, 2015
First experience in a warehouse. Hours were okay. Learned to work the line with speed and conduct meetings. Learned to send e-mails and input data. Co-workers were nice and helpful.
Pros
Team member rewards
Cons
Not enough work days
company is deceased
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ft LauderdaleAugust 24, 2015
Good company, solid pwople but went out of business. this review thing is a PITA and pointless since the company no longer exists.
Energetic and informative job.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 21, 2015
Put out new magazines after pulling the old ones and then straighten everything to make it look organized.
To determine what the customer wanted to buy.
A very helpful manager that was willing to work with you when difficulties arose.
Very easy to work with co-workers.
The speed in which you were supposed to get the job done.
Helping customers find what they were looking for.
Pros
Learning all the different types of entertainment that are out there.
Cons
Not enough time to do the job properly.
great co workers to work with.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 24, 2015
Drive a forklift, unload trucks all day. count and receive magazines in system using r.f .scanners. use of a calculator ,scales ,calipers ,copy machine..Kept area cleaned up daily.Hardest part was losing my job due to company closure.
Pros
free lunches at times.
Cons
hot temperatures in warehouse.
Merchandising
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INJune 4, 2015
Overall, it wasn't bad. You had the freedom to pretty much make your own schedule. It was very labor intensive because you had to load/unload boxes or crates of magazines.
Also working in public, well known stores was difficult because of the customers. At times it was difficult to maneuver around them.
Also it was difficult to get ahold of any management.
When I left I was notified a few months later that the company just shut down and left tons of people jobless.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
benefits were non existent
Given a certain amount of autonomy to perform your job
Customer Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILMay 15, 2015
Great place to work, always looked out for the best interest of their employees. When our initial department closed down, they made sure that the people in this department got other jobs in the company.
Pros
ability to grow within the company
Cons
Division of company closing down
Flexible
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLMay 2, 2015
Flexible and nice job. Worked 2 days a week. This is a self-starter job. You make your own schedule. Manager would check in with you periodically. Bad weather was the only down side. Company went out of business in 2014.
productive place to work for with great benifits
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 29, 2015
Source Interlink was the first place i became a supervisor. i was there for a good three years and it's a shame they had to shut down.
productive and amazing
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CaliforniaApril 23, 2015
Working or Ola's Exotic Coffee and Teas was one of the greatest experience. My day started around 6am and general per for the day had to be done. Such as grounding coffee and setting up the coffee shop accordingly. The entire shift was a break in that during down hours, unless there was something the shop needed, employees were allowed to read or be personally productive. Ola Hassan is an amazingly nice guy who is very respectful and always has a helping hand to give whether you ask or not. Always available as a friend and employer. My co-workers wherein and encouraging. As the lead, my tram respected men and I them. There was no real hard part. All of it was enjoyable.
Pros
Exciting and encouraging, motivational environment
Line Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMarch 22, 2015
I didn't like the management didn't take care of his drivers and that they filed bankruptcy and let all the driver go with out reasonable notice
Claims Analyst
Claiming Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLMarch 1, 2015
Working at source interlink offered structured environment with consistency. The management was very interactive with the employees allowing for a comfortable working atmosphere
great job great pay excellent benefits
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILFebruary 11, 2015
process paperwork, inspection of truck, check merchandise and load, talking to different client at different locations. supervisors and co workers were well organized and like family.
Productive and fun
Ramp Operator (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJanuary 23, 2015
It was fun time went by fast I love my job love working for the company a nice place to work
Great job, no complaints
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJanuary 16, 2015
Management I worked for was great. Make your own hours. Enjoyed working for them
co. should have worked more with employers
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJanuary 11, 2015
starting my day preparing myself with what i need to perform my job is a habit i have ,to be successful in completion of the task ahead.being a team player is very importance ; management of the daily work mean working well with others .thinking that one can do the job alone ,is the hardest part of any job , when things do not go as planed .unity is the greatest part of any day of success.
Pros
simple thank you, extra breaks and or lunch
Cons
making yourself not responsible to do the job
fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJanuary 8, 2015
It was a productive place to work i learn a lot from this company how to work with computers understanding bipad technology. The management ok the co-workers was great we had a good time working there. there was no hard part of the job everyone knew what they had to do.the most enjoyed part was when management would get together and have cake or cupcakes for the workers Birthdays of the Month.
Pros
birthday & holidays off
Cons
getting rid of pension& closing the warehouse without notice
very low morale but fast paced in effcient
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJanuary 8, 2015
typical day very fast paced and hard work. what I learned is forklift driving and inventory. work was relatively moderate in terms of tasking but very fast paced n steady. Most enjoyable part is I would say is working with the employees
Pros
several breaks
Cons
unstable work scheduleb
Enjoyable position
Merchandising magazines/videos (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHDecember 30, 2014
In this position I learned all about merchandising. Management was awesome and helpful. Had a partner for a very short time. The hardest part of the job was the lifting of the totes. I enjoyed working independently.
Pros
never late to work
Cons
no paid time off, no benefits at all

2.9