Source Interlink Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work, surprised the company went under so abruptly.
Credit/ Collections Senior Analyst/ Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 5, 2017
Great company to work for, we distributed magazines across the entire US. I worked with setting customers up for accounts, credit applications, pulling D&B reports, Experian Reports. I also worked with customers who were delinquent in payments. I did send customers to collection agencies, I worked with 3 agencies at the time of the companies dissolution. I was asked to stay for the wind-down as they were closing.
not good not much to say
Magazine Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 23, 2016
not good

dead end , difficult to deal with Walmart management
delivery times of truck not on time
no vacation time
no company car, I have drive from business to business (pump my own gas)
Pros
i work by myself
Cons
no money / no advancement
horrible company to work for
field merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZApril 11, 2016
i dont approve of anything or ways that they do their employees the last day of work which was a friday not knowing anything about the closing of s,i, 3/4 of the way through the day i get a phone call saying this is your last day of work our doors are closing bankrupt sorry for the inconvenience and 4 yrs of my time in the co. was not eligable for unemploymeny
Pros
hours good
Cons
everyone at the company is horrible and chicken
So sorry SOURCE is gone
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLDecember 1, 2015
SOURCE is out of business but was a wonderful company to work for. Everyone, clear across the country pitched in together when another area needed help. I spent my days working with my fellow employees, visiting accounts and doing computer work. My co-workers were exceptional, along with the management. The hardest part of the job was having to travel sometimes, the most enjoyable part was the atmosphere.
Pros
Overall great company
Cons
We had to take a pay cut.
Energetic and informative job.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 21, 2015
Put out new magazines after pulling the old ones and then straighten everything to make it look organized.
To determine what the customer wanted to buy.
A very helpful manager that was willing to work with you when difficulties arose.
Very easy to work with co-workers.
The speed in which you were supposed to get the job done.
Helping customers find what they were looking for.
Pros
Learning all the different types of entertainment that are out there.
Cons
Not enough time to do the job properly.
Merchandising
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INJune 4, 2015
Overall, it wasn't bad. You had the freedom to pretty much make your own schedule. It was very labor intensive because you had to load/unload boxes or crates of magazines.
Also working in public, well known stores was difficult because of the customers. At times it was difficult to maneuver around them.
Also it was difficult to get ahold of any management.
When I left I was notified a few months later that the company just shut down and left tons of people jobless.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
benefits were non existent
productive and amazing
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CaliforniaApril 23, 2015
Working or Ola's Exotic Coffee and Teas was one of the greatest experience. My day started around 6am and general per for the day had to be done. Such as grounding coffee and setting up the coffee shop accordingly. The entire shift was a break in that during down hours, unless there was something the shop needed, employees were allowed to read or be personally productive. Ola Hassan is an amazingly nice guy who is very respectful and always has a helping hand to give whether you ask or not. Always available as a friend and employer. My co-workers wherein and encouraging. As the lead, my tram respected men and I them. There was no real hard part. All of it was enjoyable.
Pros
Exciting and encouraging, motivational environment
Cons
co. should have worked more with employers
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJanuary 11, 2015
starting my day preparing myself with what i need to perform my job is a habit i have ,to be successful in completion of the task ahead.being a team player is very importance ; management of the daily work mean working well with others .thinking that one can do the job alone ,is the hardest part of any job , when things do not go as planed .unity is the greatest part of any day of success.
Pros
simple thank you, extra breaks and or lunch
Cons
making yourself not responsible to do the job
fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJanuary 8, 2015
It was a productive place to work i learn a lot from this company how to work with computers understanding bipad technology. The management ok the co-workers was great we had a good time working there. there was no hard part of the job everyone knew what they had to do.the most enjoyed part was when management would get together and have cake or cupcakes for the workers Birthdays of the Month.
Pros
birthday & holidays off
Cons
getting rid of pension& closing the warehouse without notice
Given a certain amount of autonomy to perform your job
Customer Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILMay 15, 2015
Great place to work, always looked out for the best interest of their employees. When our initial department closed down, they made sure that the people in this department got other jobs in the company.
Pros
ability to grow within the company
Cons
Division of company closing down
great co workers to work with.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 24, 2015
Drive a forklift, unload trucks all day. count and receive magazines in system using r.f .scanners. use of a calculator ,scales ,calipers ,copy machine..Kept area cleaned up daily.Hardest part was losing my job due to company closure.
Pros
free lunches at times.
Cons
hot temperatures in warehouse.
Warehouse
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  East Point, GASeptember 9, 2015
First experience in a warehouse. Hours were okay. Learned to work the line with speed and conduct meetings. Learned to send e-mails and input data. Co-workers were nice and helpful.
Pros
Team member rewards
Cons
Not enough work days
Fun work place,
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 12, 2014
Drive to the Store location and sign in and go get the tot providing the new magazines and Placing the where they go in the stores. When I'm done to replace the out dated magazines back in the same tots, to send back the warehouse, We would have meeting on how to set up displays, No coworker other than my supervise who would come to the store to check up on me. Sometimes the tots could be a little heavy as far as lifting, Driving to locations and having conversation with people who comes in the store to shop,
Pros
The conversation with the shoppers
Cons
Not able to lift over 50 pounds
Productive, stayed busy,
Quality Control Operator (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILDecember 23, 2014
As soon as shift stated begin to work on errors made by the previous shift. I learned how to edit orders, look for imperfections. Management was great, friendly and always willing to help. The coworkers were probably the best part, awesome people. Hardest part was when errors would accumulate and it was mine and my teams job to correct them as quickly as possible.
Pros
pay increases
Cons
Night Shift
Active and fun work enviorments
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Various LocationsNovember 3, 2014
-Provide merchandising services to assigned locations throughout the city in which you are located

-I learned to work at a fast but steady pace, organization, and attention to detail

-Management is understanding, flexible with notice given, and friendly

-Mainly an independent work enviorment. However, upon chance of meeting co-workers very friendly and outgoing.

-The hardest part of job was dealing with large amounts of product in limited space.

-The most enjoyable part was meeting different and new poeple.
Pros
Independent work enviorment, paid milage
Cons
Amount of hours, no healthcare benefits
Typical work day in a shopping center such as a grocery store.
Assistant Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2014
The most enjoyable self-relied job ever. I loved this Job because of the independence it offered with my availability and with the perks of being my own boss. I of course had to follow the rules and regulations set up by the stores back-room & on floor supervisors but overall it was a very enjoyable fast paced job. I learned all the typical merchandising skills from following a POGs to maintenance and proper arrangement based on sales and promo's.
Pros
Paid drive time between stores.
Cons
No paid time off, no benefits, no raises or compensation for training or other management duties.
Source started out fun but ended badly
Operations Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJune 23, 2014
I learned a lot about team work and working together to complete tasks. I now understand the receiving and distribution process a whole lot better. What works and what doesn't. This company when I started was fun with lots of perks. We continued to have the ability to get free magazines that we distributed but the 401k matching, bonuses and raises stopped by year 3 of working there. The major problem with this company was the way it would keep the employees in the dark all the way up to the day that the company folded.
Learned a great deal especially in multi-tasking
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJune 24, 2014
started day with emails, calls, updating daily procedures. Managed 35+ merchandisers and almost 200 stores and communicated to a manager. Co- workers and manager were awesome. The job however, very demanding at times, with a lot a last minutes changes after already being told of project etc. Had a lot of contacts with store management and delivery companies. there were computer issues along the way which is my weakness. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility of being able to set my schedule as I wanted and get all jobs completed on time.
Pros
flexible schedule, company car, benefits
Cons
untimely delivery of product, took pay cut and never got it back.
Interesting job, easy to interact with customers.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZMay 24, 2014
I arrive early in the morning and identify my load in receiving. I take my load to the book/magazine section of the store. I replace the old magazines with the new ones. I then decide which will stay and which will be returned. I attempt to make the display as attractive as possible. I then pack up the returns and return them to receiving. This job may sound easy, but in fact is quite difficult. It involves a variety of skills, including decision making, time management, heavy lifting, and interaction with both customers and store managers.
Pros
Great management support.
Cons
Heavy lifting.
Not a horrible job
Magazine Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVApril 29, 2014
If you like working alone, it's great. My supervisor was not the nicest. Very condescending so I hated when I had no choice but to call her. The pay was $10/hr which sounded good, but the hours didn't amount to much at all per week. I was told I would have all the stores that got magazine services in my area, unfortunately there was already an employee working them, but that he just wasn't going to work out. She took the store with the most hours from him and gave to me in hopes that he would just quit. Which never happened. Even after he was banned from another store and I was then given that one and no more.
Pros
Working alone, semi-flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours/week, rude supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Source Interlink. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9