Source Interlink Employee Reviews in United States

So sorry SOURCE is gone
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLDecember 1, 2015
SOURCE is out of business but was a wonderful company to work for. Everyone, clear across the country pitched in together when another area needed help. I spent my days working with my fellow employees, visiting accounts and doing computer work. My co-workers were exceptional, along with the management. The hardest part of the job was having to travel sometimes, the most enjoyable part was the atmosphere.
Pros
Overall great company
Cons
We had to take a pay cut.
horrible company to work for
field merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZApril 11, 2016
i dont approve of anything or ways that they do their employees the last day of work which was a friday not knowing anything about the closing of s,i, 3/4 of the way through the day i get a phone call saying this is your last day of work our doors are closing bankrupt sorry for the inconvenience and 4 yrs of my time in the co. was not eligable for unemploymeny
Pros
hours good
Cons
everyone at the company is horrible and chicken
Merchandising
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INJune 4, 2015
Overall, it wasn't bad. You had the freedom to pretty much make your own schedule. It was very labor intensive because you had to load/unload boxes or crates of magazines.
Also working in public, well known stores was difficult because of the customers. At times it was difficult to maneuver around them.
Also it was difficult to get ahold of any management.
When I left I was notified a few months later that the company just shut down and left tons of people jobless.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
benefits were non existent
Typical work day in a shopping center such as a grocery store.
Assistant Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2014
The most enjoyable self-relied job ever. I loved this Job because of the independence it offered with my availability and with the perks of being my own boss. I of course had to follow the rules and regulations set up by the stores back-room & on floor supervisors but overall it was a very enjoyable fast paced job. I learned all the typical merchandising skills from following a POGs to maintenance and proper arrangement based on sales and promo's.
Pros
paid drive time between stores.
Cons
no paid time off, no benefits, no raises or compensation for training or other management duties.
Active and fun work enviorments
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Various LocationsNovember 3, 2014
-Provide merchandising services to assigned locations throughout the city in which you are located

-I learned to work at a fast but steady pace, organization, and attention to detail

-Management is understanding, flexible with notice given, and friendly

-Mainly an independent work enviorment. However, upon chance of meeting co-workers very friendly and outgoing.

-The hardest part of job was dealing with large amounts of product in limited space.

-The most enjoyable part was meeting different and new poeple.
Pros
independent work enviorment, paid milage
Cons
amount of hours, no healthcare benefits
Energetic and informative job.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 21, 2015
Put out new magazines after pulling the old ones and then straighten everything to make it look organized.
To determine what the customer wanted to buy.
A very helpful manager that was willing to work with you when difficulties arose.
Very easy to work with co-workers.
The speed in which you were supposed to get the job done.
Helping customers find what they were looking for.
Pros
Learning all the different types of entertainment that are out there.
Cons
Not enough time to do the job properly.
Learned a great deal especially in multi-tasking
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJune 24, 2014
started day with emails, calls, updating daily procedures. Managed 35+ merchandisers and almost 200 stores and communicated to a manager. Co- workers and manager were awesome. The job however, very demanding at times, with a lot a last minutes changes after already being told of project etc. Had a lot of contacts with store management and delivery companies. there were computer issues along the way which is my weakness. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility of being able to set my schedule as I wanted and get all jobs completed on time.
Pros
flexible schedule, company car, benefits
Cons
untimely delivery of product, took pay cut and never got it back.
Relaxing work environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 28, 2012
Providing great customer service and meeting all types of people while rendering a service that makes people happy. Seeking a management that is always willing to help and give praise and constructive feedback. There is no hard part to a job; it is only setting a pace with a positive attitude that enables you to productively meet your goals.
Pros
working with little to no supervision
Cons
i am a perfectionist
Great benefits/terrible work environment
Supposed to be Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Bonita SpringsNovember 2, 2013
Was hired as "Sales rep." Was a glorified call center job. Work day was calling on dead accounts that didn't want anything to do with Source.
Company has been bankrupt and is barely surviving. Print media is a dying breed and it won't be long before Lee County pulls the plug on their $$$ to keep this company going.
benefits
Cons
terrible management/no job security!
Enjoyable position
Merchandising magazines/videos (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHDecember 30, 2014
In this position I learned all about merchandising. Management was awesome and helpful. Had a partner for a very short time. The hardest part of the job was the lifting of the totes. I enjoyed working independently.
Pros
never late to work
Cons
no paid time off, no benefits at all
Source started out fun but ended badly
Operations Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJune 23, 2014
I learned a lot about team work and working together to complete tasks. I now understand the receiving and distribution process a whole lot better. What works and what doesn't. This company when I started was fun with lots of perks. We continued to have the ability to get free magazines that we distributed but the 401k matching, bonuses and raises stopped by year 3 of working there. The major problem with this company was the way it would keep the employees in the dark all the way up to the day that the company folded.
Terrible company to work for
professional job (Current Employee) –  corporateJuly 15, 2012
Company is unstable financially and has been for over 5 years. They treat their employees bad, no pay increases in over 5 years, no 401K match, no bonuses for over 5 years. Upper management are the only ones that matter in this company. Most employees are biding their time until they can find something else. Overall terrible morale. Constant layoffs every year, usually in fall. Health benefits are horrible (bottom of the barrel). Absolutely no opportunities to advance within company, if you even wanted to. Unless you are homeless, keep looking for another job!
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
terrible morale, low wages, non-existent benefits
Warehouse
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  East Point, GASeptember 9, 2015
First experience in a warehouse. Hours were okay. Learned to work the line with speed and conduct meetings. Learned to send e-mails and input data. Co-workers were nice and helpful.
Pros
Team member rewards
Cons
Not enough work days
productive and amazing
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CaliforniaApril 23, 2015
Working or Ola's Exotic Coffee and Teas was one of the greatest experience. My day started around 6am and general per for the day had to be done. Such as grounding coffee and setting up the coffee shop accordingly. The entire shift was a break in that during down hours, unless there was something the shop needed, employees were allowed to read or be personally productive. Ola Hassan is an amazingly nice guy who is very respectful and always has a helping hand to give whether you ask or not. Always available as a friend and employer. My co-workers wherein and encouraging. As the lead, my tram respected men and I them. There was no real hard part. All of it was enjoyable.
Pros
Exciting and encouraging, motivational environment
Cons
co. should have worked more with employers
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJanuary 11, 2015
starting my day preparing myself with what i need to perform my job is a habit i have ,to be successful in completion of the task ahead.being a team player is very importance ; management of the daily work mean working well with others .thinking that one can do the job alone ,is the hardest part of any job , when things do not go as planed .unity is the greatest part of any day of success.
Pros
simple thank you, extra breaks and or lunch
Cons
making yourself not responsible to do the job
company is deceased
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ft LauderdaleAugust 24, 2015
Good company, solid pwople but went out of business. this review thing is a PITA and pointless since the company no longer exists.
fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJanuary 8, 2015
It was a productive place to work i learn a lot from this company how to work with computers understanding bipad technology. The management ok the co-workers was great we had a good time working there. there was no hard part of the job everyone knew what they had to do.the most enjoyed part was when management would get together and have cake or cupcakes for the workers Birthdays of the Month.
Pros
birthday & holidays off
Cons
getting rid of pension& closing the warehouse without notice
A place I would never want to quit
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Parkesburg, PAJanuary 5, 2014
I absolutely love working for this company. It is the most satisfying job I have ever had. The hours are great and my Manager is very easy to work for and knows how to do his job well. It is only part time, so it's not a high paying job, but I enjoy going in and doing my best.
Pros
great work ethic. great managers. you can do your job just about anytime you want within reason.
Cons
low benefits and pay. no advancement.
Source Interlink
Receiving Clerk/ Office worker (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 19, 2013
I worked the first couple of years as warehouse worker. I learned the job fast and moved myself up the career latter. I was transferred into an office position. The company was good to us at first. Then they were bought out by a multimillion company. After that our benefits got more costly and the service went down.
Pros
good hours and pay
Cons
the warehouse was very hot.
great co workers to work with.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 24, 2015
Drive a forklift, unload trucks all day. count and receive magazines in system using r.f .scanners. use of a calculator ,scales ,calipers ,copy machine..Kept area cleaned up daily.Hardest part was losing my job due to company closure.
Pros
free lunches at times.
Cons
hot temperatures in warehouse.