Source Interlink Employee Reviews

Company no longer in business
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 19, 2017
They shut down without giving anyone notice. I would have recommended it as I enjoyed my role with them, every day was different visiting with reps in different stores to work with them and discuss concerns. Met with managers of all types of chains.
closed
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJuly 5, 2017
Source Interlink is no longer operating or in business. However, when it was in business, management was good to work with, and I would still be working with them.
easy but sucked
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 15, 2017
was a easy job didnt really do nothing to hard to crazy. the pay sucked but it ended up closing down i dont know why it jus did without any warning either.
Company closed
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 7, 2017
Poor management caused this company to lose its contract in the state of Florida which caused many to lose their jobs. It happened overnight without any warning.
Cons
Poor Management
good
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLMarch 21, 2017
I went to various stores and straightened and put out new magazines. I learned to be organized, I didn't see the management very often, but when i did they were helpful. We didn't have a work place culture because all the merchandisers were in different stores. There wasn't anything hard about the job.The enjoyable part of the job was seeing new places.
Pros
Learning about merchandising
Cons
only 15 hours per week.
Great While It Lasted
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Executive Management will forever bear the shame of what they did to 6300 people who were employed with this company. Laid off with no warning, no PTO, not sick, no vacation, no benefits.
Pros
People
Cons
Laid off
Excellent place to work, surprised the company went under so abruptly.
Credit/ Collections Senior Analyst/ Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 5, 2017
Great company to work for, we distributed magazines across the entire US. I worked with setting customers up for accounts, credit applications, pulling D&B reports, Experian Reports. I also worked with customers who were delinquent in payments. I did send customers to collection agencies, I worked with 3 agencies at the time of the companies dissolution. I was asked to stay for the wind-down as they were closing.
not good not much to say
Magazine Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 23, 2016
not good

dead end , difficult to deal with Walmart management
delivery times of truck not on time
no vacation time
no company car, I have drive from business to business (pump my own gas)
Pros
i work by myself
Cons
no money / no advancement
horrible company to work for
field merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZApril 11, 2016
i dont approve of anything or ways that they do their employees the last day of work which was a friday not knowing anything about the closing of s,i, 3/4 of the way through the day i get a phone call saying this is your last day of work our doors are closing bankrupt sorry for the inconvenience and 4 yrs of my time in the co. was not eligable for unemploymeny
Pros
hours good
Cons
everyone at the company is horrible and chicken
So sorry SOURCE is gone
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLDecember 1, 2015
SOURCE is out of business but was a wonderful company to work for. Everyone, clear across the country pitched in together when another area needed help. I spent my days working with my fellow employees, visiting accounts and doing computer work. My co-workers were exceptional, along with the management. The hardest part of the job was having to travel sometimes, the most enjoyable part was the atmosphere.
Pros
Overall great company
Cons
We had to take a pay cut.

Want to know more about Source Interlink?

Ask a question
Warehouse
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  East Point, GASeptember 9, 2015
First experience in a warehouse. Hours were okay. Learned to work the line with speed and conduct meetings. Learned to send e-mails and input data. Co-workers were nice and helpful.
Pros
Team member rewards
Cons
Not enough work days
company is deceased
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ft LauderdaleAugust 24, 2015
Good company, solid pwople but went out of business. this review thing is a PITA and pointless since the company no longer exists.
Energetic and informative job.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 21, 2015
Put out new magazines after pulling the old ones and then straighten everything to make it look organized.
To determine what the customer wanted to buy.
A very helpful manager that was willing to work with you when difficulties arose.
Very easy to work with co-workers.
The speed in which you were supposed to get the job done.
Helping customers find what they were looking for.
Pros
Learning all the different types of entertainment that are out there.
Cons
Not enough time to do the job properly.
great co workers to work with.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 24, 2015
Drive a forklift, unload trucks all day. count and receive magazines in system using r.f .scanners. use of a calculator ,scales ,calipers ,copy machine..Kept area cleaned up daily.Hardest part was losing my job due to company closure.
Pros
free lunches at times.
Cons
hot temperatures in warehouse.
Merchandising
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INJune 4, 2015
Overall, it wasn't bad. You had the freedom to pretty much make your own schedule. It was very labor intensive because you had to load/unload boxes or crates of magazines.
Also working in public, well known stores was difficult because of the customers. At times it was difficult to maneuver around them.
Also it was difficult to get ahold of any management.
When I left I was notified a few months later that the company just shut down and left tons of people jobless.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
benefits were non existent
Given a certain amount of autonomy to perform your job
Customer Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILMay 15, 2015
Great place to work, always looked out for the best interest of their employees. When our initial department closed down, they made sure that the people in this department got other jobs in the company.
Pros
ability to grow within the company
Cons
Division of company closing down
Flexible
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLMay 2, 2015
Flexible and nice job. Worked 2 days a week. This is a self-starter job. You make your own schedule. Manager would check in with you periodically. Bad weather was the only down side. Company went out of business in 2014.
productive place to work for with great benifits
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 29, 2015
Source Interlink was the first place i became a supervisor. i was there for a good three years and it's a shame they had to shut down.
productive and amazing
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CaliforniaApril 23, 2015
Working or Ola's Exotic Coffee and Teas was one of the greatest experience. My day started around 6am and general per for the day had to be done. Such as grounding coffee and setting up the coffee shop accordingly. The entire shift was a break in that during down hours, unless there was something the shop needed, employees were allowed to read or be personally productive. Ola Hassan is an amazingly nice guy who is very respectful and always has a helping hand to give whether you ask or not. Always available as a friend and employer. My co-workers wherein and encouraging. As the lead, my tram respected men and I them. There was no real hard part. All of it was enjoyable.
Pros
Exciting and encouraging, motivational environment
Line Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMarch 22, 2015
I didn't like the management didn't take care of his drivers and that they filed bankruptcy and let all the driver go with out reasonable notice