Source Interlink

Source Interlink Employer Reviews

great work place enviroment
Store Data Analyst (Former Employee), Bonita Springs, FLMarch 7, 2014
was a great place to pick up some data analyst skills. office enviroment was very relaxed even during the qtr end..
Easy and productive work
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), East Point, GAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: low hours
Gather reports and forms to execute daily procedures. Packaged items to be shipped off to different locations. Worked with muticultural individuals. Able to enhance my skills in the spanish language because of my co-workers. Management was about getting the job done but easy-going at the same time. The hardest part of the job was low hours.
Good company to work for
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Bonita Springs, FLFebruary 28, 2014
I learned a lot working for Source for 7 years.
Merchandising magazines and paperback books full time was a fullfilling job for me.
Great company
Class B Driver (Former Employee), Burbank, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Unfortunately, this company closed it's doors and let all their employees go.
Cool Job....
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: great place to work....
Cons: none.......
Was able to get Promoted with in....Working in a Magazine Industry was exciting.
A place I would never want to quit
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Parkesburg, PAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: great work ethic. great managers. you can do your job just about anytime you want within reason.
Cons: low benefits and pay. no advancement.
I absolutely love working for this company. It is the most satisfying job I have ever had. The hours are great and my Manager is very easy to work for and knows how to do his job well. It is only part time, so it's not a high paying job, but I enjoy going in and doing my best.
magazine merchandiser
Magazine Merchandiser (Current Employee), Greendale, WIJanuary 1, 2014
Service stores on daily basis
Replenish the stock of books/magazines
Achieve total customer satisfaction
An excellent company to work for and retire from.
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILDecember 22, 2013
Pros: customer service
Cons: finding someone to cover stores to take a vacation
It was not work to me . I enjoyed going to work everyday.
I learned a great deal about customer service and retail sales ,marketing , and problem solving skills .
Management was always supportive and their when they were needed. Mostly I worked alone ,but co-workers were always a phone call away or would show up to lend a helping hand if necessary .
The – more... hardest part of the job was lifting heavy totes loaded with magazines and books ,but you learn quickly how to work smart not hard .However , I am middle aged female and it didn't stop me from returning to work .
The best part of the job was that I got to meet and help all different kinds of people who had all different kinds of interests. I enjoyed helping them find what they were looking for and if we didn't have what they were looking for, I would give a shout out to my field manager /supervisor and find out were/which account carried it ,and if not if we could look into getting it in our stores. – less
Great benefits/terrible work environment
Supposed to be Inside Sales (Former Employee), Bonita SpringsNovember 2, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: terrible management/no job security!
Was hired as "Sales rep." Was a glorified call center job. Work day was calling on dead accounts that didn't want anything to do with Source.
Company has been bankrupt and is barely surviving. Print media is a dying breed and it won't be long before Lee County pulls the plug on their $$$ to keep this company going.
Struggling
Truck Driver/Logistics (Former Employee), Ontario, CAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: good equipment
Cons: management
Was a good company to work for. I was always treated good. The pay was decent and the benifits were okay.
As a magazine distributer and slowing book and magazine sales they laid off the delivery drivers.
Productive and a very busy company.
Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Ontario, CaliforniaSeptember 30, 2013
It was a very good company. I enjoyed working there. I have no complaints.
Working with in store managers & Customers to Sell Newspaper & Magagines.
Merchandiser/PR-Work (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: freedom to leave when my work day was done, when my work day was done i could just leave for the next store i needed to service.
Cons: there was no health care, and no vacations.
Setting up Totes with products I'm organizing to put on store counters need cash registers for customers to be able to pick up and buy easier; Also when I took down old products I had to put in totes to be shipped back to company warehouse. Also newspapers and magazines were displayed in other parts of stores I worked in and had to be diligent in putting – more... products in correct locations. When a customer needed a certain newspaper or magazine I would find correct product for customer. I worked independently accept when when I commuicated with in store managers about product and helped customers. Hardest part of job sometimes was picking up very heavy totes to be sent back to warehouse. The best part of job was helping customers find the magazine or newspaper they wanted. – less
Not a solid stable company
grunt (Former Employee), Bonita Springs, FLSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: parking in a dark garage
Cons: no one smiles or talks
Not a stable company
Management was not friendly
Not a good place to work for
Many other reasons- do your research on the people and company
Fun Work Place
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 23, 2013
Pros: can make my own daily schedule
Cons: health care/gas prices
I enjoy working for Source Interlink since it involves meeting new people every week. The stores I merchandise, employ some of the people I worked with in the past at Osco Drugs. It is good staying in touch with them.
I get to see the headlines and storys when they first come out. I also stock Hard Cover Book, Paperbacks, Children Books, and DVD's. – more... I get first pick!
I work alone when I stock, but the Managers and Employees at the stores I work at are always plesant and nice to talk to. – less
Very easy job conditions because of the great bosses and coworkers
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2013
Pros: my co-worker
Cons: driving in the snow in the winter
wonderful working conditions, wonderful co-workers, wondeful and helpful employes of the stores i work with.
wer
Merchandiser (Current Employee), kentuckyJune 29, 2013
Pros: 10/phr
Cons: customers
Its an alright job, not really fun to do every friday and having to deal with rude walmart customers all the time really is a con.
Very aggrevating
Team Leader (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJune 24, 2013
This job was okay at first and then everyting expanded. Once the expantion took place the morals went down the drain.
Great company needs to improve management
Forman, Robot Operator, Quality Control (Former Employee), McCook, ILJune 20, 2013
Pros: day ran fast
Cons: is a werehouse so is always hot
At the arrival of the day had to prep the stations whit verifications sheets make sure that my co workers were at the stations and stay in communication whit the coordinator in case of any problem I could call them to stop the time line proceed till the end of the day so when everybody went home I had to make sure everything will be good and reedy for – more... the next shift. The day ran pretty much good from the beginning to the end of the shift whit the exemptions of malfunction of any computer problem that will cost the line to stop. – less
Source Interlink
Receiving Clerk/ Office worker (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJune 19, 2013
Pros: good hours and pay
Cons: the warehouse was very hot.
I worked the first couple of years as warehouse worker. I learned the job fast and moved myself up the career latter. I was transferred into an office position. The company was good to us at first. Then they were bought out by a multimillion company. After that our benefits got more costly and the service went down.
Straight to the point development haven
Front-End Web Developer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJune 12, 2013
Pros: unlimited vacations
Cons: sometimes you move from project to project based on requirements, but rarely mid sprint
What I like about Source is the flexibility they have with schedules. Unlimited vacation, and great pay with benefits is only the start. The fun activities and innovative and creative minds make the environment a great place to be.