Source Interlink Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJanuary 8, 2015
It was a productive place to work i learn a lot from this company how to work with computers understanding bipad technology. The management ok the co-workers was great we had a good time working there. there was no hard part of the job everyone knew what they had to do.the most enjoyed part was when management would get together and have cake or cupcakes for the workers Birthdays of the Month.
Pros
birthday & holidays off
Cons
getting rid of pension& closing the warehouse without notice
very low morale but fast paced in effcient
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJanuary 8, 2015
typical day very fast paced and hard work. what I learned is forklift driving and inventory. work was relatively moderate in terms of tasking but very fast paced n steady. Most enjoyable part is I would say is working with the employees
Pros
several breaks
Cons
unstable work scheduleb
Enjoyable position
Merchandising magazines/videos (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHDecember 30, 2014
In this position I learned all about merchandising. Management was awesome and helpful. Had a partner for a very short time. The hardest part of the job was the lifting of the totes. I enjoyed working independently.
Pros
never late to work
Cons
no paid time off, no benefits at all
Productive, stayed busy,
Quality Control Operator (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILDecember 23, 2014
As soon as shift stated begin to work on errors made by the previous shift. I learned how to edit orders, look for imperfections. Management was great, friendly and always willing to help. The coworkers were probably the best part, awesome people. Hardest part was when errors would accumulate and it was mine and my teams job to correct them as quickly as possible.
Pros
pay increases
Cons
Night Shift
Unfortunate
Sr. Circulation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLNovember 14, 2014
It is unfortunate that this company closed its doors. Many people were left without jobs.
Fun work place,
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 12, 2014
Drive to the Store location and sign in and go get the tot providing the new magazines and Placing the where they go in the stores. When I'm done to replace the out dated magazines back in the same tots, to send back the warehouse, We would have meeting on how to set up displays, No coworker other than my supervise who would come to the store to check up on me. Sometimes the tots could be a little heavy as far as lifting, Driving to locations and having conversation with people who comes in the store to shop,
Pros
The conversation with the shoppers
Cons
Not able to lift over 50 pounds
Active and fun work enviorments
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Various LocationsNovember 3, 2014
-Provide merchandising services to assigned locations throughout the city in which you are located

-I learned to work at a fast but steady pace, organization, and attention to detail

-Management is understanding, flexible with notice given, and friendly

-Mainly an independent work enviorment. However, upon chance of meeting co-workers very friendly and outgoing.

-The hardest part of job was dealing with large amounts of product in limited space.

-The most enjoyable part was meeting different and new poeple.
Pros
Independent work enviorment, paid milage
Cons
Amount of hours, no healthcare benefits
Great company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILOctober 29, 2014
I take the magazines and all my supplies from the back and take them up to there right places.
Meet and Greet Customers
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Various Locations across the USAOctober 16, 2014
They were a great company to work with the time that I had with them.
good place to work but company closed
Part-time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, miSeptember 30, 2014
Worked 8 to 10 hours a week.
Hours were somewhat flexible.
Hardest part of the job was working around the holidays.
I really liked my job
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLSeptember 17, 2014
The best part of my job were my co -workers we all worked together to make sure our district was always on top. The hardest part was when the company closed. The best part working in the field.
Pros
ABLE TO TRAVEL
Cons
COMPANY CLOSED
Nice place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2014
I enjoyed my 10 years working for this company. I was completely bummed when I found out they were bankrupt and therefore I was left without a job.
a fun place to work
driver/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIAugust 20, 2014
it was a great place to work everyone got along great up till they close the doors on everyone with no warning!!
Pros
good payand healthcare
Cons
closed the doors on everyone with no warning
Source is ceasing operations
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLAugust 9, 2014
Source Interlink recently announced operations would cease and proceeded to file bankruptcy. While I have enjoyed by project management, oversight & strategy role, the board of directors and senior management team lacked the vision and insight to prepare the business for the coming business downturn associated with the magazine industry.
Source Interlink
My supervisor name is Lisa Nicholls (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJuly 22, 2014
I loved working for Source but the company closed up on May 30,2014. I trained new people on the magazines plus had my own stores. My supervisor Lisa Nicholls was the best. I liked the hours and not being stuck in an office all day.
Pros
Going in and out of stores within a hour
Cons
not enough stores
productive fun job great coworkers and management
Route Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 18, 2014
everyone worked as a team coworkers were helpful and pleasant management was friendly and always helpful
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
not enough hours
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 10, 2014
filed chapter 11 Nothing else to say about this company
filed chapter 11
Pros
filed chapter 11
Cons
filed chapter 11
my first job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 8, 2014
it was my first work experience and i learn a lot about customer service
Typical work day in a shopping center such as a grocery store.
Assistant Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2014
The most enjoyable self-relied job ever. I loved this Job because of the independence it offered with my availability and with the perks of being my own boss. I of course had to follow the rules and regulations set up by the stores back-room & on floor supervisors but overall it was a very enjoyable fast paced job. I learned all the typical merchandising skills from following a POGs to maintenance and proper arrangement based on sales and promo's.
Pros
Paid drive time between stores.
Cons
No paid time off, no benefits, no raises or compensation for training or other management duties.
Productive work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAJune 29, 2014
A typical day at work for Source would be driving to porterville (30 mins away) merchandise stores out there, then drive back to tulare finish merchandising stores there then head home and fill out paper work online. I loved my job, I love being a vendor and traveling to multiple stores and meeting new people. My manager was amazing, anytime I needed something or had a concern she was always on it, she got things done right away. The hardest part of the job was waiting on shipments to arrive on time. The best part of the job was meeting all the different store managers and conversing with them on how to make their product placements work for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Source Interlink. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8