Source Interlink Employee Reviews in United States

Very Poor Management
Magazine Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAMarch 27, 2014
Terrible Company. Don't Pay for hours you work. Field Manager don't care. Your allotted only so many hours, and it takes a little longer than they say. No Communication. If you quit they don't pay you for the time you worked. There is no Customer Service when you try to call.
Cons
no benefits
productive and amazing
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CaliforniaApril 23, 2015
Working or Ola's Exotic Coffee and Teas was one of the greatest experience. My day started around 6am and general per for the day had to be done. Such as grounding coffee and setting up the coffee shop accordingly. The entire shift was a break in that during down hours, unless there was something the shop needed, employees were allowed to read or be personally productive. Ola Hassan is an amazingly nice guy who is very respectful and always has a helping hand to give whether you ask or not. Always available as a friend and employer. My co-workers wherein and encouraging. As the lead, my tram respected men and I them. There was no real hard part. All of it was enjoyable.
Pros
Exciting and encouraging, motivational environment
Struggling
Truck Driver/Logistics (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 21, 2013
Was a good company to work for. I was always treated good. The pay was decent and the benifits were okay.
As a magazine distributer and slowing book and magazine sales they laid off the delivery drivers.
Pros
good equipment
Cons
management
I enjoyed working for them
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) –  ILJune 1, 2014
as of 5/30/14 I was told they basically folded. At least for the merchandising jobs.
they were always adding new stores, your income only went up.
it was really nice.
Pros
401k
Cons
they let us all go
Terrible morale.
Office (Former Employee) –  CAMarch 21, 2012
Stay away from this company, very unstable. Filed for bankruptcy 3 years ago. Benefits below par, no company match on 401k and wage freeze unless you are part of the union.
Cons
dying industry.
productive
return (Former Employee) –  greenfield paJune 5, 2014
good place for work evrithing good i dnt have nothing bad to say
Pros
free lunch, they pay good and some benefits
Cons
they close
great co workers to work with.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 24, 2015
Drive a forklift, unload trucks all day. count and receive magazines in system using r.f .scanners. use of a calculator ,scales ,calipers ,copy machine..Kept area cleaned up daily.Hardest part was losing my job due to company closure.
Pros
free lunches at times.
Cons
hot temperatures in warehouse.
Given a certain amount of autonomy to perform your job
Customer Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILMay 15, 2015
Great place to work, always looked out for the best interest of their employees. When our initial department closed down, they made sure that the people in this department got other jobs in the company.
Pros
ability to grow within the company
Cons
Division of company closing down
co. should have worked more with employers
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJanuary 11, 2015
starting my day preparing myself with what i need to perform my job is a habit i have ,to be successful in completion of the task ahead.being a team player is very importance ; management of the daily work mean working well with others .thinking that one can do the job alone ,is the hardest part of any job , when things do not go as planed .unity is the greatest part of any day of success.
Pros
simple thank you, extra breaks and or lunch
Cons
making yourself not responsible to do the job
fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILJanuary 8, 2015
It was a productive place to work i learn a lot from this company how to work with computers understanding bipad technology. The management ok the co-workers was great we had a good time working there. there was no hard part of the job everyone knew what they had to do.the most enjoyed part was when management would get together and have cake or cupcakes for the workers Birthdays of the Month.
Pros
birthday & holidays off
Cons
getting rid of pension& closing the warehouse without notice
Flexible
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLMay 2, 2015
Flexible and nice job. Worked 2 days a week. This is a self-starter job. You make your own schedule. Manager would check in with you periodically. Bad weather was the only down side. Company went out of business in 2014.
Fast paced ,alot of traveling
District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 22, 2014
I worked independently from my home office and scheduled assignments and interviews on Monday- Wednesday for the first part of the day and in the later part of the day went into the field and sold third party products to retail stores.
Thursday and Fridays were delivery days worked in the field with merchandisers to insure continuity service.

Everyday was a learning day for me. It could be something as big as learning how to use a piece of new equipment to how to handle a delicate situation with employees.

I worked very well with management and my piers I prefer to call them my team.

My opinion of the most challenging part of my week was to keep my merchandiser turn over to a minimum by challenging them enough to want to do the job.
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with people.
Pros
worked from home
Cons
healthcare
Productive, stayed busy,
Quality Control Operator (Former Employee) –  McCook, ILDecember 23, 2014
As soon as shift stated begin to work on errors made by the previous shift. I learned how to edit orders, look for imperfections. Management was great, friendly and always willing to help. The coworkers were probably the best part, awesome people. Hardest part was when errors would accumulate and it was mine and my teams job to correct them as quickly as possible.
Pros
pay increases
Cons
night shift
Line Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMarch 22, 2015
I didn't like the management didn't take care of his drivers and that they filed bankruptcy and let all the driver go with out reasonable notice
Claims Analyst
Claiming Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLMarch 1, 2015
Working at source interlink offered structured environment with consistency. The management was very interactive with the employees allowing for a comfortable working atmosphere
Interesting job, easy to interact with customers.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZMay 24, 2014
I arrive early in the morning and identify my load in receiving. I take my load to the book/magazine section of the store. I replace the old magazines with the new ones. I then decide which will stay and which will be returned. I attempt to make the display as attractive as possible. I then pack up the returns and return them to receiving. This job may sound easy, but in fact is quite difficult. It involves a variety of skills, including decision making, time management, heavy lifting, and interaction with both customers and store managers.
Pros
great management support.
Cons
heavy lifting.
productive place to work for with great benifits
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 29, 2015
Source Interlink was the first place i became a supervisor. i was there for a good three years and it's a shame they had to shut down.
Fun work place,
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 12, 2014
Drive to the Store location and sign in and go get the tot providing the new magazines and Placing the where they go in the stores. When I'm done to replace the out dated magazines back in the same tots, to send back the warehouse, We would have meeting on how to set up displays, No coworker other than my supervise who would come to the store to check up on me. Sometimes the tots could be a little heavy as far as lifting, Driving to locations and having conversation with people who comes in the store to shop,
Pros
the conversation with the shoppers
Cons
not able to lift over 50 pounds
An excellent company to work for and retire from.
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILDecember 22, 2013
It was not work to me . I enjoyed going to work everyday.
I learned a great deal about customer service and retail sales ,marketing , and problem solving skills .
Management was always supportive and their when they were needed. Mostly I worked alone ,but co-workers were always a phone call away or would show up to lend a helping hand if necessary .
The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy totes loaded with magazines and books ,but you learn quickly how to work smart not hard .However , I am middle aged female and it didn't stop me from returning to work .
The best part of the job was that I got to meet and help all different kinds of people who had all different kinds of interests. I enjoyed helping them find what they were looking for and if we didn't have what they were looking for, I would give a shout out to my field manager /supervisor and find out were/which account carried it ,and if not if we could look into getting it in our stores.
Pros
customer service
Cons
finding someone to cover stores to take a vacation
Intersting Business and can be fast paced
National Promotions Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 13, 2012
Magazine distribution maybe determined on current events in the country or world, Major events may determine what is goingto press and you need to be very flexible and able to priortize work at times to meet short deadlines. I worked closely with other departments to ensure product went out on time, orders were correct as well as billing, analysis and communication of successful promotions
Pros
diverse group of people and clients
Cons
advancement limited