Source Interlink Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working for them
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) –  ILJune 1, 2014
as of 5/30/14 I was told they basically folded. At least for the merchandising jobs.
they were always adding new stores, your income only went up.
it was really nice.
Pros
401k
Cons
they let us all go
Very unique type of business
Sr. Claims Processor in Operations Department (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLMay 24, 2014
This job provided insight in how publishers of magazines obtained their sale numbers. This company was provide sales data from distributors like Wal-mart, Kroger and any type of store within airports where they sold magazines and books. Data was compiled and analyzed by analyst to see what the actual sales numbers were for a time period and compared to previous months of years.
Interesting job, easy to interact with customers.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZMay 24, 2014
I arrive early in the morning and identify my load in receiving. I take my load to the book/magazine section of the store. I replace the old magazines with the new ones. I then decide which will stay and which will be returned. I attempt to make the display as attractive as possible. I then pack up the returns and return them to receiving. This job may sound easy, but in fact is quite difficult. It involves a variety of skills, including decision making, time management, heavy lifting, and interaction with both customers and store managers.
Pros
Great management support.
Cons
Heavy lifting.
Not a horrible job
Magazine Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVApril 29, 2014
If you like working alone, it's great. My supervisor was not the nicest. Very condescending so I hated when I had no choice but to call her. The pay was $10/hr which sounded good, but the hours didn't amount to much at all per week. I was told I would have all the stores that got magazine services in my area, unfortunately there was already an employee working them, but that he just wasn't going to work out. She took the store with the most hours from him and gave to me in hopes that he would just quit. Which never happened. Even after he was banned from another store and I was then given that one and no more.
Pros
Working alone, semi-flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours/week, rude supervisor
Being a Machandiser
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 29, 2014
This job is different then the my other one; see with this job I can travel to and from my stores alone. Every Thursday morning I get up about 7 am and began traveling to my stores. I arrive at my stores and began to remove the old product from the shelves then I began to put out the new product. With this job I don't have co-workers working with me I do my stores alone. When my stores are complete I than log into my company website and record my time.
Pros
working alone
Cons
nothing
Nice work enviorment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 23, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company but due to the job was seasonal I was not able to become a fulltime employee.
Very Poor Management
Magazine Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAMarch 27, 2014
Terrible Company. Don't Pay for hours you work. Field Manager don't care. Your allotted only so many hours, and it takes a little longer than they say. No Communication. If you quit they don't pay you for the time you worked. There is no Customer Service when you try to call.
Pros
Cons
No Benefits
co-workers are friendly
Return Center Department (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 26, 2014
Everyday I learn a new things.
We all worked very hard to make meet our daily goals and we did almost every day.
enjoyable part of the job working with fun , friendly people.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Same daily run, day after day
Line Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 16, 2014
The day started at 3am and ended around 130pm. The job was to drive a dedicated route daily of 440 miles round-trip, and swap trailers at the midpoint with a driver from another terminal.
Pros
Early hours with most of your day left to attend to life.
great work place enviroment
Store Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLMarch 7, 2014
was a great place to pick up some data analyst skills. office enviroment was very relaxed even during the qtr end..

Want to know more about Source Interlink?

Ask a question
Easy and productive work
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  East Point, GAMarch 6, 2014
Gather reports and forms to execute daily procedures. Packaged items to be shipped off to different locations. Worked with muticultural individuals. Able to enhance my skills in the spanish language because of my co-workers. Management was about getting the job done but easy-going at the same time. The hardest part of the job was low hours.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
low hours
Good company to work for
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLFebruary 28, 2014
I learned a lot working for Source for 7 years.
Merchandising magazines and paperback books full time was a fullfilling job for me.
Great company
Class B Driver (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Unfortunately, this company closed it's doors and let all their employees go.
Cummunication and Customers
Magazine Representative / Distributor (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 22, 2014
My day at work is working with people in the stores and making sure that everything is right for the customers.
I strive to provide our clients, with the very best in sales and marketing, operational excellence and other services that drive measurable results.
Cool Job....
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Was able to get Promoted with in....Working in a Magazine Industry was exciting.
Pros
Great Place to work....
Cons
none.......
A place I would never want to quit
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Parkesburg, PAJanuary 5, 2014
I absolutely love working for this company. It is the most satisfying job I have ever had. The hours are great and my Manager is very easy to work for and knows how to do his job well. It is only part time, so it's not a high paying job, but I enjoy going in and doing my best.
Pros
Great work ethic. Great Managers. You can do your job just about anytime you want within reason.
Cons
Low benefits and pay. No advancement.
magazine merchandiser
Magazine Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Greendale, WIJanuary 1, 2014
Service stores on daily basis
Replenish the stock of books/magazines
Achieve total customer satisfaction
An excellent company to work for and retire from.
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILDecember 22, 2013
It was not work to me . I enjoyed going to work everyday.
I learned a great deal about customer service and retail sales ,marketing , and problem solving skills .
Management was always supportive and their when they were needed. Mostly I worked alone ,but co-workers were always a phone call away or would show up to lend a helping hand if necessary .
The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy totes loaded with magazines and books ,but you learn quickly how to work smart not hard .However , I am middle aged female and it didn't stop me from returning to work .
The best part of the job was that I got to meet and help all different kinds of people who had all different kinds of interests. I enjoyed helping them find what they were looking for and if we didn't have what they were looking for, I would give a shout out to my field manager /supervisor and find out were/which account carried it ,and if not if we could look into getting it in our stores.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Finding someone to cover stores to take a vacation
Great benefits/terrible work environment
Supposed to be Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Bonita SpringsNovember 2, 2013
Was hired as "Sales rep." Was a glorified call center job. Work day was calling on dead accounts that didn't want anything to do with Source.
Company has been bankrupt and is barely surviving. Print media is a dying breed and it won't be long before Lee County pulls the plug on their $$$ to keep this company going.
Benefits
Cons
Terrible management/No job security!
Struggling
Truck Driver/Logistics (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 21, 2013
Was a good company to work for. I was always treated good. The pay was decent and the benifits were okay.
As a magazine distributer and slowing book and magazine sales they laid off the delivery drivers.
Pros
Good equipment