Source Interlink

Source Interlink Employee Reviews

Working with in store managers & Customers to Sell Newspaper & Magagines.
Merchandiser/PR-Work (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: freedom to leave when my work day was done, when my work day was done i could just leave for the next store i needed to service.
Cons: there was no health care, and no vacations.
Setting up Totes with products I'm organizing to put on store counters need cash registers for customers to be able to pick up and buy easier; Also when I took down old products I had to put in totes to be shipped back to company warehouse. Also newspapers and magazines were displayed in other parts of stores I worked in and had to be diligent in putting products in correct locations. When a customer needed a certain newspaper or magazine I would find correct product for customer. I worked independently accept when when I commuicated with in store managers about product and helped customers. Hardest part of job sometimes was picking up very heavy totes to be sent back to warehouse. The best part of job was helping customers find the magazine or newspaper they wanted.
Not a solid stable company
grunt (Former Employee), Bonita Springs, FLSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: parking in a dark garage
Cons: no one smiles or talks
Not a stable company
Management was not friendly
Not a good place to work for
Many other reasons- do your research on the people and company
Fun Work Place
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 23, 2013
Pros: can make my own daily schedule
Cons: health care/gas prices
I enjoy working for Source Interlink since it involves meeting new people every week. The stores I merchandise, employ some of the people I worked with in the past at Osco Drugs. It is good staying in touch with them.
I get to see the headlines and storys when they first come out. I also stock Hard Cover Book, Paperbacks, Children Books, and DVD's. I get first pick!
I work alone when I stock, but the Managers and Employees at the stores I work at are always plesant and nice to talk to.
Very easy job conditions because of the great bosses and coworkers
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2013
Pros: my co-worker
Cons: driving in the snow in the winter
wonderful working conditions, wonderful co-workers, wondeful and helpful employes of the stores i work with.
wer
Merchandiser (Current Employee), kentuckyJune 29, 2013
Pros: 10/phr
Cons: customers
Its an alright job, not really fun to do every friday and having to deal with rude walmart customers all the time really is a con.
Very aggrevating
Team Leader (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJune 24, 2013
This job was okay at first and then everyting expanded. Once the expantion took place the morals went down the drain.
Great company needs to improve management
Forman, Robot Operator, Quality Control (Former Employee), McCook, ILJune 20, 2013
Pros: day ran fast
Cons: is a werehouse so is always hot
At the arrival of the day had to prep the stations whit verifications sheets make sure that my co workers were at the stations and stay in communication whit the coordinator in case of any problem I could call them to stop the time line proceed till the end of the day so when everybody went home I had to make sure everything will be good and reedy for the next shift. The day ran pretty much good from the beginning to the end of the shift whit the exemptions of malfunction of any computer problem that will cost the line to stop.
Source Interlink
Receiving Clerk/ Office worker (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJune 19, 2013
Pros: good hours and pay
Cons: the warehouse was very hot.
I worked the first couple of years as warehouse worker. I learned the job fast and moved myself up the career latter. I was transferred into an office position. The company was good to us at first. Then they were bought out by a multimillion company. After that our benefits got more costly and the service went down.
Straight to the point development haven
Front-End Web Developer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJune 12, 2013
Pros: unlimited vacations
Cons: sometimes you move from project to project based on requirements, but rarely mid sprint
What I like about Source is the flexibility they have with schedules. Unlimited vacation, and great pay with benefits is only the start. The fun activities and innovative and creative minds make the environment a great place to be.
A great place to learn how to manage your time
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAApril 29, 2013
Pros: being able to work on my own
Cons: having to get my job done in a very little amount of time.
Making sure that the magazines arrived and placing them where they belonged.

I learned how to organized myself with the short amount of time i had to deliver my work duties.

I was to manage the time i worked and also making sure controlling that the magazines were delivered in the right order .

Didn't worked with anybody i worked alone.

Having to organize 5 different stores in such a short time.

i enjoyed the areas that i had to go work at.
Fast and easy
Merchandiser (Current Employee), mentor OHApril 18, 2013
Working with Source has allowed me to flex my schedule as i am a self starter. if you are looking for something part time then this is the job for you. the job is very easy and you work alone.
Working a Flexible Schedule
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Marion, ILApril 2, 2013
Working a flexible schedule and able to make up time if needed.
This was a great job.
Inventory Control (Former Employee), Carson City, NVMarch 20, 2013
Pros: easy work, paid well, fun employees.
Cons: went out of business.
This job was a rather easy one. I would tear the covers off of returned magazine merchandise, scan it into a database that was sent to Accounts Payable, then we would box up the magazines with an invoice and set the boxes to the side. The job paid well, had great hours and great benefits. Everyone there was amazing. They shut down for some time in 2007 and let everyone go. I found out they opened back up sometime later but I never got a call back on any of my applications.
Independent merchandising
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Lake CountyFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: independently worked retail stores
Typically, I would receive the shipment for the latest magazine titles and replace them with the older titles that were already on display on the store floor. Based on location, certain titles were more in demand than others. For example, in a area that had a larger Hispanic population, merchandising titles that were in Spanish had a higher demand. I also got the chance to take care of book fixtures (novels, crosswords, etc).
Great place to work!
Group Manager, Circulation (Former Employee), Bonita Springs, FLFebruary 4, 2013
Source was a very friendly place to work. The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the clients.

March 17, 2013

This has to be a bogus comment...the company stinks, especially the management in Bonita.

Decent
Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Bonita Springs, FLJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: vacations, hour lunch, breaks
Cons: no raises, layoffs
I had no problem working here. You have people who slack off and are part of cliques which Sources tries to break. They are a laid back company, wear jeans every Friday. Not a bad company just likes to layoff a lot.
Laid back, can work on own time.
helper (Current Employee), not a specific locationJanuary 24, 2013
work at our own pace and do what we have to do. Nice people at the stores we service, I love moving and not sitting all day.
not a bad job, lack of hours
Merchandiser (Former Employee), princeton wvJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: flexable hours
Cons: lack of hours
not hard work. stock magazines not more then 4-5 hours a day. boss is real good. easy to work for but not alot of hours.
Ideal Part Time job
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Lafayette, INJanuary 2, 2013
You would have a scheduled day to work at your assigned stores, the nice thing is that could go to that store at the times that is good for you. You can get right in and get done real fast. The store personnel were very helpful and glad to see you.
changing out magazines in department stores
Merchandiser (Current Employee), kewanee il, galesburg il, and prinston ilNovember 6, 2012
Pros: working alone!!
Cons: more hours
Sort the new magazine. go out to the store straighten the magazines make sure the correct titles are in the correct places. pull old magazines and put new ones in its place. I love working in the department stores. Im well known in all the Kewanee stores. I merchandise for 2 companies at this time. I love working alone and i love the fact that I can get along with everyone.

Source Interlink Salaries