Source Machine Inc Employee Reviews

Great Company!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNApril 20, 2017
Source Machine is a great company to work for. When I started working there I did not know anything about machining and even had to look up what turning and milling was. The office did a great job training me in, and I quickly felt at home in my new position.

I really enjoyed the casual atmosphere at Source. I had a great time working with both my co-workers and customers.

The managers/owners were really great with ensuring a good work/life balance. When I needed personal time off for my family they were always happy to work with me. It is very apparent that they care for their employees, and I especially enjoyed the annual Christmas party and the cookouts they treated us to.

The thing I liked most about working for Source is that they are great at recognizing hard work, and strive to help their employees move up and get promoted.
Pros
Benefits, Advancement Opportunities
Great Company if you want to build a career!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNApril 11, 2017
Source Machine is a great company to come in and grow with. I have worked in every area of the company except a couple. They promote learning the trade and becoming really good at what you do. They will offer schooling or other help to become the best at your job as you want to be.

The management always allows you to put your family first. If you need to be somewhere for your family, they always allow it.

Full time employees are all offered completely company paid Health Insurance, HSA account, 401k (With MATCH!), and paid holidays and vacation time.

Several times a year the management pays for lunch for the entire company. There are also one to two company parties each year. They include family and spouses in on these parties.

Very friendly company to work with, lots of good friends have been made here!
Pros
Benefits, friendly people
Cheap and lowend place to work from a machining point of view.
Machinist (Current Employee) –  MNMarch 28, 2017
The type of work is not good, stone age, people are not professional and the environment is poor or sub standard. They do not pay even close to so-so or give good raises. I would not go the extra mile for them because it will not pay off and they will use you for your knowledge and muscle and give nothing back to you. Also the same company owns prior lake machine. Same story there also ,milk you for everything. Would not recommend this shop to anyone only the desperate and needy.
Pros
Cons
Pay and benefits suck.
good work poor supervisors
CNC Lathe and Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMarch 22, 2014
A typical day at work is clean up after the previous shift. Pick up where they left off. Run and operate lath and or mill complete inspections. while waiting for machine clean the area around machine.
Pros
great hours
Cons
the pay, lack of benefits
This was an excellent job.
CNC Mill Operator and Set (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNFebruary 19, 2013
This was my first real full time job. I enjoyed most everyday while I worked for this company. The management is nice and very helpful. When I started at this company I didn't know anything about machining and when I left I had learned how to set up and run parts completely alone. The hardest part of this job was the frustrations that came with learning how to do set ups. The most enjoyable part of this job was my co workers some of whom I still talk with.
Pros
surprise free lunches, taught me many things, very helpful management.
Cons
very hot working conditions in the summer, took a year for me to get my 90 day review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Source Machine Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Source Machine Inc Reviews by Location