Source Medical Employee Reviews in United States

This is a great place to work
Payment Posting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 3, 2016
The work hours are very flexible and the employees are friendly. There is a work from home option. They understand people have a life outside of work and they work with you to achieve that balance.
Remote from home
Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMay 1, 2016
Remote from home work environment. Was still in process of learning. Lost 2 of 3 clients and was downsized. Was lowest on totem pole.
Compensation could be better
Billing Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 28, 2016
I don't mind working here, and its an easy-going job. I love my supervisor but not fond of the upper-management. I wish this company didn't hide so many things from the employees. There is always big changes happening and not usually good changes. They pay their employees really low for the many things we do. The insurance benefits and vacation time is the best thing that this company has, yet insurance premium did go higher this past yr.
Pros
Good insurance, vacation time
Cons
Low pay and so many duty changes
Fun work place
payment posting (Former Employee) –  Rome, GANovember 4, 2015
Overall rating 3 stars
Typical work day make sure all medial claims were processed and payment posted correct.
Worked well with co-workers.
Hardest part making sure all vendors held accountable for getting information in payment department.
Working with a team with the same objective goal.
Management was supported making sure Team had everything needed to achieve targeted objectives.
Pros
Able to work from home.
Cons
Some late evenings
no open door policy; management don't even know what they are doing
charge poster (Former Employee) –  fort myersSeptember 1, 2015
Corporate talks about how it is a open door policy; but when you try and use the open door policy it is used against you. Management doesn't even know how to do your job to train you. They go against their own policies and procedures when it comes to advancements. They are losing accounts left and right. Not a good work environment at all.
Pros
there are none
Think twice
Application Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham,ALApril 7, 2015
The management did not make sure everyone pulled their weight on the team. You make comments and they seem to ignore them. Training did not equip you with to do the job. The trainers trained you as if you was a customer of the company. They had no knowledge of issues or troubleshooting steps with the software. Each update seemed to create new problems and didn't seem like they tested the update before roll out. Seems like certain people could not work and get away with while others were expected to do their work load and the non-worker's work load. If felt like at times, I was a QA person as well as a Application Support Specialist. It could be stressful at times and management barely step in to help with calls, just I know it is rough but hang in.
Pros
Christmas dinner
Cons
management, lack of promotion opportunities, lack of team
Account review for collections/ Billing paper claims
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 21, 2014
I am currently filling in for my workers compensation supervisor while on medical leave. I reveiw accounts for collections for 30 clients.

I am also in the billing department as of 4/21/14 working paper claims that need medical record to bill to carriers.
working on certification
student (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 31, 2014
I was attending in order to get my Medical Billing & Coding. Teachers were great
Pros
worked round my job chedules
Cons
had to put in late nights
Not bad
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTJuly 11, 2013
Direct manager is awesome, middle management seems a bit out of touch, coworkers some are great and very knowledgeable and helpful. I've learned a lot about software and development seen the company go from a homegrown start up of just 20 employees to being bought and being part of a larger organization that constantly evolving sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.
Pros
flexibe schedule
Cons
low pay
Professional setting with great co-workers
Account Follow-Up Rep (Current Employee) –  Rome, GeorgiaJanuary 4, 2013
Daily routine begins with getting started on accounts first thing upon arrival. There are alot of phones calls to make and clients to help. We are in transition with some new management. I have some really great co-workers and we are very close and work well together. The hardest part of the job is trying to juggle all of the different assignments that are put on you. Helping others and meeting some new friends has been the most enjoyable part of my job, not to mention some really great benefits.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management/workload (very stressful at times)
Bad IT Development Management
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  BirminghamOctober 7, 2012
I never worked in a place where manager used intimidation to motivate employees until I worked for these people. It was like being in a abusive relationship. They tried to keep employees off balance to maintain control. I'm glad I didn't stay long.
Pros
hr tried to make it a nice place, like having a football lunch for the annual alabama-auburn iron bowl game.
Cons
required to work during christmas at home, if for any reason building closes they make you take a vacation day, or require you to work from home or both.
Not very easy to train for any position due to poor management skills
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 22, 2012
No comment; overall, a reputable company with good benefits if you know very specifically what is expected of you, which is sometimes difficult to decipher. No down time.
Pros
benefits and compensation
Cons
poor management, not knowledgable trainers
Unstable environment.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTApril 24, 2012
I did not think the training and support was sufficient there.
A family-like work atmosphere, very pleasant.
Software Application Trainer (Former Employee) –  CTFebruary 15, 2012
Probably one of my favorite employment experiences. Very professional people, productive and fun!
Pros
weekly company bbq's in the summer months
Cons
there were none