Source4Teachers Employee Reviews

Working for Source4Teachers...
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 21, 2017
Not knowing from day to day whether I will have work or where I will be working and teaching what can be the most stressful and hardest part of working as I have had to. Making only $3000 a year over the last several years has presented its challenges but also requires me to think out my needs more versus the needs of others. It has allowed me time to volunteer in the provision of food to underprivileged children and families through the Fresh Express and back pack program in my area. Working in 4 different districts has allowed me the opportunity to observe differences and similarities in school and community cultures and needs environmentally, academically and socially. Seeing children nourished academically as well as nutritionally is the best part of what I do - feeding the mind and the body of current and future citizens.
Pros
Working with all ages
Cons
Not knowing if I will have work day to day or when (times) or where.
Enjoy working with children
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2017
I would at various schools in the City of Philadelphia and it was rewarding working with the children. The atmosphere would definitely vary based on who the Principal was. If the principal was hands on then the day would run smooth because the children would know this school meant business. If the Principal was hands off then it would be more challenging.

I just prepared myself for either or. I came to each school equipted with all sorts of fun learning activities for each grade level. The hardest part of the job was managing the room with disruptive children who only seem to want to fight and play on their cell phones. The enjoyable part was knowing that even with limited resources I found the children learning especially when I would read to them.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Limited resources
Loved this job.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 14, 2017
I loved being able to pick what school or district I wanted to work in. Some districts paid more and had a more friendly and supportive staff. I wish they had this company in Texas.
Pros
Got to pick my work days, and you can obtain long term positions.
Cons
no paid time off
School setting
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 10, 2017
If you love teaching and helping children learn, this is the job for you. If you recently graduated college, this is the job for you. It is all about what you make of the job.
Flexible employment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 21, 2017
Experience is dependent on the job you accept, ex. if you except a substitute job at an unorganized and undisciplined class, can be a long stressful day. However, an organized and disciplined class can be a enjoyable day. Great people and staff at most schools makes it easier to accept assignments at the different schools.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Jobs can be scarce sometimes
Excellent source for substitutes
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 19, 2017
It was my pleasure working for source4teachers. Their online system was impeccable and allowed for you to create your own schedule and get in contact with teachers in need of subs. It also allowed teachers to get in contact with you and request you as a substitute for their class. Pay was decent and management was always available to talk. I enjoyed working with them immensely.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Decent pay for undergraduate student
substitute teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 16, 2017
In my opinion, I help educate and supervise students in pre-k thru 12th grade in an educational setting. Following a good structured lesson plan is the most enjoyable part of the job. A typical day is focusing on classroom management and including learning. Controlling noise levels and behavior. The hardest part of the job is signing up for an extra substitute postition and you are positioned to do work outside of your job description.
Substitute Teachers Aid (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 15, 2017
A typical day at work is different because of varying daily assignment and school location.
I have learned many new skills as it relates to classroom management, teaching various age groups, and the cultural environment of each particular school.
Management - not too much interaction during my tenure
Workplace culture is similar in certain key concepts and mission statements as was Continental/United.
The hardest part of the job is not having a permanent or stable school to work in daily.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the hear the magic word "I Got It"...
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 11, 2017
I enjoy working with this company they are courteous when you are called for a job. I am given the school that I would like to work at, and sometimes it is close to home.
Pros
There is always plenty of work.
Cons
there are none
Didn't make enough money
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  ICherry Hill, NJAugust 6, 2017
Stressful but it was a job. It's a job for college students or you should work for a district. I liked the job but the money was not enough if you sent to a district is hard to handle you should be paid more money however that is not their policy or policies you get paid is that as according to the district
Pros
Make money
Cons
Not enough money
great company
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  cherry hill njAugust 2, 2017
source 4 teachers is a great company that works with teachers to help provide the best, highest quality service to districts interested in good, efficient subs.
Good company to work for
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 29, 2017
I enjoy working for Source4Teachers. Good job work/life balance. You work on days that you want to work. You get a lot of experience of teaching through Source4Teachers.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Can only sign up for healthcare during an enrollment period
Stressful classroom. 90% of your day dealing with students behavior problems.
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAJuly 28, 2017
Be prepared to deal with children's behavior problems practically all day. 99.99% of these schools children are out of order and it makes you wonder why?
Pros
flexibility
Cons
No support from s4t staff. Poor training and low pay.
Co workers and students are a pleasure to work with
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 28, 2017
6 years and only 1 raise. You are just a body to them. 3 paid days off and zero room to advance. It's good as a part time job but every year and sometimes more often your roll changes.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Pay is horrible
Fun Workplace
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 21, 2017
Working in Schools is something I thought I would never experience. Everyone was friendly and kind. If you need something, someone is always around to check on you.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PAJuly 18, 2017
Self working company able to finding subbing jobs almost everyday during the school year. Makes it easy as possible to sub at very many different schools.
Great foot in the door
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 13, 2017
An excellent way to get into the education field. I enjoy the freedom of being able to select positions through the SAMS system. Substitute teaching is not always an easy job, but it's a great way to earn money.
Pros
Select your own positions
very productive work place
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJJuly 12, 2017
Working for Source4Teachers has been a very pleasurable experience. From the kids I work with to the staff, every day is a new experience. Source has provided me with new experiences as well as knowledge with working with children
Pros
great kids
Cons
short breaks
it's a nice easy process of being hired /great flexibility
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNJuly 6, 2017
Nice job for a mother, as you choose when and where you work. I enjoyed the experience, something new and different every day!

Teaching different subjects and grades keeps it interesting.
Making a good impression can lead to being hired as a teacher permanently for a school.
I love the elasticity of the job.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pleasantville, NJJuly 1, 2017
Whenever I faced a problem, the company always performed in a professional manner. Thier response time was quick when answering and returning calls. Great company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Source4Teachers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9