South Baldwin Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place to work friendly staff
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALNovember 25, 2017
Friendly clean and safe environment to work in. Friendly staff. Would recommend someone to work here if they would like to work in a relaxed and friendly environment.
The staff is very friendly
RN (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALOctober 27, 2017
great place to work, but all of a sudden they encouraged us to not only report major issues , but even little issues that effected nothing. Then management would use these little no big deal things to write people up and we didn't know we were hurting each other.
In all my years of nursing an error like you used the last sticker in a chart and didn't print more and put them in a chart always said to me "man, that person was busy and didn't have time for this, i have time i will do it now" NOT "let's make a nurse take 5 minutes to refill a chart and take her away from patient care OR write her up!"
p.s.- write ups are forever in your personnel record.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
I worked in a very small unit, so when something came up in life it was hard to get my shifts covered
see below
UNIT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALAugust 4, 2017
Great coworkers

Management promotes based on friendship vs. qualifications.
They use an on call system, so you will not get all of your hours per week during slow time.
Best Team I have ever worked with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALJuly 6, 2017
I love working at SBRMC, I couldn't ask for a better team. I haven't met anyone that doesn't smile or say hey in the hallways at work. The cafeteria has really stepped up there game :)
Worst lab ever
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALMay 12, 2017
Worked at the lab for 5 years, some of the worst coworkers you'll ever work for. Lab director will treat you terrible and never help with issues of other people not working. Be prepared to receive no gratitude and low pay when you work here.
Pros
Always work your 40 hours, insurance not bad
Cons
Lab director needs to go. Coworkers always late and dont work.
Fast pace, enjoyable environment, great staff and management
RN Cath Lab (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALMay 10, 2017
Work usually began about 0630, rooms would need to be prepared dependent upon what type of procedures were scheduled for the day. My job entailed the pre-op and post-op care for outpatient cardiac interventions, pain procedures (epidural blocks, ablation, etc.), IV's, health assessments, hemodynamic monitoring, sheath pulling and assistant with any procedures at bedside such as cardioversion, trans esophageal echocardiograms, and bronchoscopes. Medication administration and report to staff nurses should patient require extended stays.
Pros
Quick paced/great staff/management
Cons
Slightly understaffed at times
Its a rewarding job. Very wonderful staff
Medical Assistant Training (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALMay 9, 2017
Im training as a medical assistant through my school at baldwin Medical Center. The staff here are wonderful to work with. They are very helpful. The administration is also helpful
productive and fun place to work.
Unit secretary (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALApril 26, 2017
Great place to work, have the best boss ever!!! The last 9 years have been challenging but worth it. I have made new friends and lost some fabulous ones. I plan on being there for a very long time.
Pros
discount lunches, love making new friends.
Cons
need copay to be less, don't like being on call so much
The Hardest Part of the Job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Foley, AL 36535April 24, 2017
The most difficult part of this job was that there were never enough resources or man power in order to run the hospital floors adequately. It was a disorganized mess, which is quite scary when you mix such a setting in with health care.
There are many good things about south baldwin
ER Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALApril 20, 2017
Overall I enjoyed my job there. I think they are a good hospital and I would work there again. I wish they paid nurses better...but enjoying your job is sometimes worth less pay.
Great place to work!!
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALJanuary 24, 2017
Great management, always very concerned about employees. Great team environment! Feel comfortable talking with management about any concerns. Never dreaded going to work!
Very small facility
OR scrub tech (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALOctober 27, 2016
This was my first job in the operating room. I got a basic orientation in all of the specialties that they offer. They were behind the times in a lot of ways while I was there, but they made it work. It was a very different environment being that they are such a small hospital.
very unorganized and low pay!!!!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALAugust 5, 2016
I worked in the lab as phlebotomist the director talk down to you she is very rude and also get into screaming and cursing matches with her employees if you are new she will put you on the floor by yourself then get upset when you dont do things on time..And yes the pay is super low for the workload. You hardly ever get a break and its a high turnover rate in the lab..By far the worst job experience i have ever had.!!!! Even if you report it to human resources which it has been reported several times nothing will be done about it.
Pros
Meeting different people
Cons
no breaks, short lunches, low pay!!!
Don't waste your time!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALMay 9, 2016
Do not bother to apply at South Baldwin, unless you have a spouse, sibling, lover or parent working at that hospital!! Favoritism and nepotism is the norm in all departments! Upper management is without a doubt; the worst I have ever dealt with in my career!! I accepted a full-time position in nursing (Crosby/Observation unit). At the time of my numerous interviews with management, they failed to tell me that this unit was nothing more than a overflow unit for the hospital. I very seldom received my full-time hours during the week and if I did it was because I worked in another department.
Trust me, it did not take me very long to catch on to management at this hospital!
Pros
Occasional free lunches.
Cons
No breaks, short lunches ( if you were able to take). Patient to employee ratio horrible!
Amazing Atmosphere to Work !! Great People!
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALNovember 21, 2015
The atmosphere at SBRMC is amazing!, everyone there is a family.. everyone tries to help others, the benefits are great and there are many company sponsored events.
Pros
Company Events, Atmosphere
Cons
Very tight space, Building to small
Excellent Staff to work with
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALJuly 29, 2015
I enjoyed my job at South Baldwin Regional Medical Center every day. The staff were pleasant and the physicians were wonderful to work with.
Loved my job
HIM (Former Employee) –  foley,AlJuly 27, 2015
Department was HORRIBLE. It was like you was working with kids that's always telling every little thing. Work load is a two man job
Cons
low pay
rewarding
LPN (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALDecember 23, 2014
It was a good place to work. Rewarding, felt like you made a difference when teaching new mothers how to care for their infants. Co-workers highly skilled and pleasant to work with. Hardest part of the job: When a newborn dies. Most enjoyable part of job. Caring for the newborn.
Pros
happy place to work
Cons
Good local teams, problems with corporate management
Director, Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALOctober 3, 2014
South Baldwin RMC is comprised of a very strong and passionate local administration team. This team's hands are often tied by the management at CHS corporate
Er
ER Tech, Er Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALJune 17, 2014
I like working in the ER at south Baldwin. great group of people that I work with