South Baldwin Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALMay 9, 2016
Do not bother to apply at South Baldwin, unless you have a spouse, sibling, lover or parent working at that hospital!! Favoritism and nepotism is the norm in all departments! Upper management is without a doubt; the worst I have ever dealt with in my career!! I accepted a full-time position in nursing (Crosby/Observation unit). At the time of my numerous interviews with management, they failed to tell me that this unit was nothing more than a overflow unit for the hospital. I very seldom received my full-time hours during the week and if I did it was because I worked in another department.
Trust me, it did not take me very long to catch on to management at this hospital!
Pros
Occasional free lunches.
Cons
No breaks, short lunches ( if you were able to take). Patient to employee ratio horrible!
Great place to work!!
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALJanuary 24, 2017
Great management, always very concerned about employees. Great team environment! Feel comfortable talking with management about any concerns. Never dreaded going to work!
very unorganized and low pay!!!!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALAugust 5, 2016
I worked in the lab as phlebotomist the director talk down to you she is very rude and also get into screaming and cursing matches with her employees if you are new she will put you on the floor by yourself then get upset when you dont do things on time..And yes the pay is super low for the workload. You hardly ever get a break and its a high turnover rate in the lab..By far the worst job experience i have ever had.!!!! Even if you report it to human resources which it has been reported several times nothing will be done about it.
Pros
Meeting different people
Cons
no breaks, short lunches, low pay!!!
Very small facility
OR scrub tech (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALOctober 27, 2016
This was my first job in the operating room. I got a basic orientation in all of the specialties that they offer. They were behind the times in a lot of ways while I was there, but they made it work. It was a very different environment being that they are such a small hospital.
Amazing Atmosphere to Work !! Great People!
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALNovember 21, 2015
The atmosphere at SBRMC is amazing!, everyone there is a family.. everyone tries to help others, the benefits are great and there are many company sponsored events.
Pros
Company Events, Atmosphere
Cons
Very tight space, Building to small
Work hard PAY less!
Unit Assistant/Patient Care Techinican (Current Employee) –  Foley, AlabamaSeptember 26, 2013
Staff to patient ratio is demanding in the chronic setting. . . management can't get act together! Horrible annual pay raises, no bonuses!
Pros
Having a patient or nurses thank me, for a hard days work.
Cons
They promote and hire by friendship, rather than most qualified!
Small town Hospital with small town values, both the good and the bad.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALFebruary 25, 2013
Patient advocacy took an obvious back-seat to facility profits. On the positive side there were many well-educated, caring, and honest employees that I was able to work and learn with in a team based environment.
Pros
excellent benefits.
Cons
not challenging enough.
my review
Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALJanuary 22, 2014
overall good place to work. Base pay is EXTREMELY low. I make what I do under contract to work weekends only. opportunity to advance with higher salary is minimal
Worst experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  LadJanuary 13, 2014
Worked in the lab, I was treated like an outsider with little help to improve my skills. When I went to Human resources to seek help from a bullying Supervisor, the Human Resources Rep called my Supervisor and told her everything I had said. This place is as close to a good ol' boy environment as they come. Horrible
Pros
patient interaction
Cons
Lab Supervisor unprofessional and if she doesn't like you, watch out!
Good local teams, problems with corporate management
Director, Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALOctober 3, 2014
South Baldwin RMC is comprised of a very strong and passionate local administration team. This team's hands are often tied by the management at CHS corporate
Hard and Grimy
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALJune 5, 2012
Typical day at work is to register about 100 or more patients a day. I learned that you have to have a lot of patience to work in healthcare, but you also have to like people in order to make it in healthcare. The hardest part about my job is dealing with sick patients. That's why you have to sanitize throughout the day. The most enjoyable part about it is meeting new people.
Loved my job
HIM (Former Employee) –  foley,AlJuly 27, 2015
Department was HORRIBLE. It was like you was working with kids that's always telling every little thing. Work load is a two man job
Cons
low pay
Mediocre Employer
Registered Nurse-Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALJanuary 8, 2013
This facility seems to be unorganized. On the other hand, i have learned alot about hands on nursing. The hardest part of the job is having to give someone bad news. The best part is being able to exercise my skills
Cons
rarely get a break, unorganized scheduling, low pay
Not ready to advance
Cardiac Cath Lab RN (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALSeptember 6, 2012
Priortities not in order. Great opportunity for facility to grow but dept sought other ways to keep afloat instead of being determined to make own specialty better and evolve. Orders given by inexperienced, unstable staff members.
Pros
prn pay, allowed all the hours needed.
Cons
inexperienced, unorganized, don't follow own rules.
great place to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  foley, al.May 29, 2013
i can honestly say i loved and enjoyed working here. i learned a lot from all departments because i was allowed to float to other departments. My favorite boss of all time works at this place. she was the most assertive can-do person I've ever worked for. very inspiring to all that worked under her
rewarding
LPN (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALDecember 23, 2014
It was a good place to work. Rewarding, felt like you made a difference when teaching new mothers how to care for their infants. Co-workers highly skilled and pleasant to work with. Hardest part of the job: When a newborn dies. Most enjoyable part of job. Caring for the newborn.
Pros
happy place to work
What a joke!
Rn (Former Employee) –  FoleyApril 1, 2013
Low pay nobody has a clue in management nursing director clueless
Pros
good doctors
Cons
administration
Great Experience
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALOctober 5, 2012
I learned a great deal working in this environment and enjoyed every day! The reason for leaving was I was getting married.
Emergency Department
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALAugust 1, 2013
I see urgent / acute care patients ranging from a simple laceration to a MVA.
Pros
Great Team effort
Cons
You might not get break due to the high volume.
Er
ER Tech, Er Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALJune 17, 2014
I like working in the ER at south Baldwin. great group of people that I work with