South Bay Community Services

South Bay Community Services Employer Reviews

Great Team
Marriage and Family Therapist Intern Trainee (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 27, 2014
Pros: supportive management, great clinical supervision
Cons: county paperwork
Great place to work! Very supportive management team, lots of continuing education.
Informitive
Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CAMay 12, 2014
Pros: many trainings
Cons: non-profit so little security regarding job permanence
You learn a lot about the community and there are constant trainings to teach about social services and health
inspiring
MFT Trainee (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAApril 23, 2014
Working with DV inspires you to become a better person and protect your clients. SBCS is a great place to get involve with the community and know what happens and how to help people.
case management and counseling services under great supervision and leadership
Youth & Family Development Associate, MFTT (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CAJune 17, 2013
Pros: great supervision, diverse population, excellent experience
Cons: volunteer vs paid, 20 hours a week was not enough time for all the work that needed to be done.
My typical case load was 7 individual clients and two groups while working 20 hours a week. I was a case manager and counselor to all my clients. I would meet either individually or with family for one hour sessions after school either at the agency or on a home visit. Client's were referred to me through probation, schools, police department, or family. – more... Worked with children and teenagers ages 6-18. Most were first time offenders and were referred to Juvenile Diversion as an alternative to probation or detention. Clients were expected to complete self reflective essays and community service while partaking in counseling sessions with me weekly. Group counseling was either at police departments or schools. Groups were either created for preventive measures or part of the alternative to probation program. Progress notes, family assessments, referrals, risk and resiliency assessments( both entry and exit), and monthly statistics were all required for the client's file as well as the agency. – less
Productive and happy to create a positive environment to kids
Football Coach (Current Employee), San Diego, CaApril 8, 2013
A typical day at work consist of football practice. The first 15 minutes is stretching and warming up as that is very important. After we are done stretching we break up into individual groups based on our positions. We work on what we need to do at every individual position. The last 30 minutes we run over our plays.

What ive learned from working – more... with these kids is that you have to adapt as a coach to your players on your team. You have to do drills and run plays that benefit the players and the team.

The hardest part of the job is probably keeping the kids motivated to come to practice. They are in middle school and they have alot of other things going on in their lives.

The most enjoyable part is just being able to coach kids who some have never played football and teach allow them to continue to play if they want too. – less
Positive work environment with good supervision
MFT Intern (Former Employee), Chula VistaSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: good trainings and resources
Cons: shortage of work space for interns
Wonderful co-workers, strong team spirit and great group supervision.
Productive and Resourseful to the public.
Supervisor/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAMay 7, 2012
Outstanding Customer Service . Co-workers are the best part of the job. Helping the community with special people that crave and participate in the advancement of the comminuty.