South Bay Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
I enjoyed and was challenged while being employed at South Bay.
Rehab Coordinator, Insurance Verifier, Registrar (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLMarch 8, 2016
I enjoyed and was also challenged at my different job duties while employed at South Bay Hospital. Even though South Bay is considered a small hospital, they take pride in the care of their patients, employees, and the community.
Pros
Like working with family.
Cons
Patient experience, getting to meet different people from different araes
Transporter/ Radiology Clergy (Current Employee) –  Sun City Center FLAugust 25, 2015
A typical day at work for me would be a ten hour shift for for days from Monday through Thursday, sometimes I work in Radiology clerical answering phones, faxing, making copied CDs/DVDs of images and printing reports, getting the next day schedule ready for the next day making sure everything matches with patient's script. As a transporter I help bring patients down for tests, I translate for the nurses occasionally, I explain to patients the type of tests they are having and the duration of it.
Pros
patient experience bedside manners
Cons
short breaks no free lunch not enough pay
Hospital was understaffed.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLJune 7, 2015
Nursing and CNA's were always maxed out with patients. The quality of patient care suffered greatly. I loved taking care of my patients to the best of my abilities.
Confidence building, ability to learn and grow in work experience.
Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Day started with getting patients up for bathroom functions, up in chair comfortably for breakfast. Help feeding and setting up those who need. Set up bathing schedual, oral hygene, bed change. Chart I & O's, vitals. Report abnormalities to nurse, make sure all immobile patients are dry, clean and repositioned. Keep patient rooms neat and tidy. Greet family members, make sure they are comfortable during their visit.

I learned to stop being a perfectionist because I can not be every thing to everyone, be everywhere all at once. I learned to prioritize.

I found my management to be supportive.

The hardest part of the job was being able to respond immediately to patient concerns while in the midst of conducting patient care and unable to leave current patient safely.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make a difference and help the patient and family's stay be a positive experience.
Healthcare enviroment in Physical therapy department
Rehabilitation Technician/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sun City Center, FloridaSeptember 27, 2012
I am a detailed, highly energetic person wanting more of a challenge. daily duties consisit of coordinating with staff to ensure patient safety is at ahigh dtandard. My co-workers are professional and fun group to work with. The hardest part of my job is when a patient passes away. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a patient who has ha a total knee repalcement and getting them back to their prior level of function.
Pros
love working in an office setting, coordinating daily duties
Cons
prn status (as needed)
Great team of Nurses
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sun City CenterOctober 17, 2014
Co workers are a great.
Hardest part of the job is the amount of patients per nurse and nurse's aids. Can be very overwhelming but everyone works as a team.
Pros
small hospial; family environment.
Cons
can be very busy, nurses can end up with 7 patients in a shift
Enjoyable staff relations, great place to work
Medical Staff & Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLJuly 10, 2014
8-4:30 flexible hours
one person team making daily duties difficult to complete when away.
one of the best co worker relationships I have had.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
limited progression within our field
Busy place to work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLDecember 10, 2013
Managing 5-10 patients at a time, starting iv's, drawing blood, ekgs, vital signs.
Pros
able to leave early when it is not busy
Cons
limited staff, mandatory weekends
Great Internship
Ruskin, FL Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLOctober 31, 2012
Great Experience in Healthcare industry. Room for growth and great hospital environment
Learning Experience
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Sun City, FLJuly 29, 2013
South Bay Hospital was a good place to practice my new found knowledge as a Surgical Tech.
Great learning experience for healthcare
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLDecember 11, 2013
disliked the hour
Learned many things and enjoyed my coworkers

South Bay Hospital Reviews by Location